RXR PROTECT BULLET chest protector

Related:
Create New Tag

2/7/2022 3:11 PM

Anyone have any input on these?

Saw a guy a lacr a few weeks back and I tried it on a well.
I really liked it and for sure far more protection for these old bones than any other chest protector out there, that i have seen.

Has anyone tried one.... own one?

Comments?

Thank you in advance

|

2/7/2022 3:18 PM

I own one and yes... they are very good protection, light weight, adjustable and comfortable. They offer a lot more protection than these other little flimsy ones on the market. I had a big crash the one time I chose not to wear my RXR. Never again.

|

2/7/2022 4:01 PM

I recently had a nasty crash and broke all the ribs on my right side. I was wearing an Alpinestars A10 when I crashed. While recovering, I have been researching new chest and back protectors. I think I’m going with one of the RXR family protectors next. I can’t find anything negative about them other than they don’t flow air as well as nothin* at all.

|

2/7/2022 4:44 PM

Thank you both for your replies?

Do you have the bullet or cyb-r?

It looks the cyb-r is the new improved version so they say but I'm kinda liking what looks like added protection on the bullet?

Any help is appreciated

|

2/7/2022 4:46 PM

Cyb-r model has some nice breathing in the front but the rear protection seems better on the bullet

|

2/7/2022 5:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2022 5:27 PM

I recently bought one and like it. I was worried it would be bulky, cumbersome and hot. It’s fine. If you are a pro rider doing a 30 plus two moto in august then yes it might possibly be hotter than others.
A regular chest protector seems like a thin piece of plastic next to the RXR. I feel an added sense of security wearing it. Looks better than I was expecting too.

|

2/7/2022 5:32 PM

Thank you...
Just bought the black and blue bullet for 199.00 otd...
Free shipping

I'm not advertising for them just think it's a great product for walking wrecks like us to look into.

Especially if they are selling to horseback riders and rodeo riders?

Rodeo riders are out of their minds and if it works for them then it should work for me but as for me and my torn acl and torn meniscus, let's keep it on two wheels and just enjoy.

|

2/7/2022 5:33 PM

If you wear a neck brace check the fit first if you can. My Atlas Air won't work with my RXR.

|

2/7/2022 5:40 PM

Thanks hammer..

When I tried on the bullet at the track I put my neck brace on as well and it was actually better than the plastic thor garbage I wear now...

Not to mention it's a size too big on me but I really liked the foam fit..

Summer might suck a lil bit but we'll see

|

2/8/2022 6:22 AM

Hammer 663s wrote:

If you wear a neck brace check the fit first if you can. My Atlas Air won't work with my RXR.

It's not the best fit with my Atlas Air but I've adjusted it enough to live with it. Other than that it's been great.

|

1983 YZ 250K, 1983 CR 250, 1982 CT110, 1978 Maico 440

2/8/2022 6:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2022 6:45 AM

I have the bullet. It is a nice protector. I am a bit of a fat boy so it doesn’t fit as great as it should but that’s an issue of mine not the protector. It’s way better than the roost guards that most wear these days.

|

Just another wannabe who makes some videos from time to time
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqTZ4lNA_xYv6N2DS4L1Now

2/8/2022 6:51 AM

I just bought the R-pro, I liked the added side and longer back protection. So far the fit and feel is great. I have used different Troy Lee chest protectors for years but wanted to give this one a try. It fits great and I do not have any issue with motion. Right now it's cold out so ventilation is not an issue wanting to see how it feels when it's 80-90 out.

|

2/8/2022 8:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2022 9:02 AM

I've had the bullet model for about 6 months. ride pretty much every sunday, but in the woods not moto so the soft foam gets kind of shredded as we do a lot of crashing thru the jungle. not a criticism at all as I don't think these are made for what we do. I'm quite happy with it.

a few months ago a willow branch went between my hand guard and brake master cylinder jerking the bike to an instant stop. I went over the bars and landed on my chest hard. happened too fast to even get my hands down to break my fall. hurt like hell but I'm pretty sure it would have been worse if not for the chest protector. I'm 68 so I don't bounce as good as I used to.

when I ordered this, I didn't know they are shipped from paris, france. got to me in florida in 3 days with the covid crap going on. stuff I order from california takes about 8 days to arrive. when I opened it one of the straps was badly stitched and barely together. I emailed RXR, they responded in a couple of hours and sent me 2 new straps which I also got in 3 days. they use DHL for shipping.

I did opt for the shoulder protection as we ride between a lot of trees at high speed ( Photoyou have to cut your bars down for this) and it's ok but a pain to put on as it is a separate pc from the chest protector.
Photo

|

21 TC125
09 CR500AF
08 Ducati Hypermotard
03 CR125
05 YZ125
95 CR250
83 Husqvarna 125XC

2/8/2022 8:59 AM

the optional shoulder protection is part hard plastic and part soft foam. it shreds in the brush also. Photo

|

21 TC125
09 CR500AF
08 Ducati Hypermotard
03 CR125
05 YZ125
95 CR250
83 Husqvarna 125XC

2/8/2022 6:04 PM

wheel100 wrote:

I just bought the R-pro, I liked the added side and longer back protection. So far the fit and feel is great. I have used ...more

Do you wear it under Jersey? How's the fit based off their suggestions? I wear a 34 pant and XL jersey and it's suggesting the xl/xxl. I'm afraid of excess bulk.

|

2/8/2022 7:08 PM

Love my rxr air bullet going on 4 or 5 years now. Bought my son one too

|

2/8/2022 10:13 PM

Once again I really thank you all for comments.

Mine shipped today and they even sent a discount code to my other email which they honored with this purchase.

Customer service though a bit time challenged was great and David was great to deal with.

I wish I could ride this weekend but Anaheim 3 calls!

|

2/9/2022 5:38 AM

Meister wrote:

Do you wear it under Jersey? How's the fit based off their suggestions? I wear a 34 pant and XL jersey and it's suggesting the ...more

I'm about the same size. 34/XL, 6'2", 200lbs. Got the XL and fits perfectly.

|

2/9/2022 5:41 AM

wheel100 wrote:

I just bought the R-pro, I liked the added side and longer back protection. So far the fit and feel is great. I have used ...more

Meister wrote:

Do you wear it under Jersey? How's the fit based off their suggestions? I wear a 34 pant and XL jersey and it's suggesting the ...more

I'm wearing it under in this photo. Haven't tried wearing it over the jersey.

Photo

|

2/9/2022 1:53 PM

wheel100 wrote:

Meister wrote:

Madmax31 wrote:

I'm about the same size. 34/XL, 6'2", 200lbs. Got the XL and fits perfectly.

Thanks for the insight! Which model are you wearing?

|