RXR Chest protectors

Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 6:04am
anyone use one ?? wondering how thet work
|
4/7/2009 12:43pm
I wear one. They work just like any other chest protector does, perhaps better.

david218
4/7/2009 12:45pm
123 wrote:
I wear one. They work just like any other chest protector does, perhaps better. [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/Cody305/IMG_6804.jpg[/img]

Tell me that you don't actually wear that gear in public. HAHA!!!
4/7/2009 12:51pm
123 wrote:
I wear one. They work just like any other chest protector does, perhaps better. [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/Cody305/IMG_6804.jpg[/img]

david218 wrote:
Tell me that you don't actually wear that gear in public. HAHA!!!
I should kick you in the face.

Your bike is going to blow up, just so you know...
mxdad
4/7/2009 12:55pm
Should work great.........looks like a floatation device.

The Shop

sandtl
4/7/2009 5:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/7/2009 5:22pm
This the 3rd year my son has been wearing one and he loves it. He has been wearing it with a Leatt brace all this time. It has protected him from serious injury and from nasty roost in B and now A class.
The Rock
4/7/2009 6:04pm
tcannon521 wrote:
I have one and love it!
+1

I bailed off in practice at REM about a month ago when the bike I was riding flamed out going into a corner while I was standing up. I got tossed over the bars, landed on my chest but it was no big deal.

Regarding the flotation device comment I could really care less what it looks like....
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
4/7/2009 6:06pm
The Rock wrote:
+1 I bailed off in practice at REM about a month ago when the bike I was riding flamed out going into a corner while I...
+1

I bailed off in practice at REM about a month ago when the bike I was riding flamed out going into a corner while I was standing up. I got tossed over the bars, landed on my chest but it was no big deal.

Regarding the flotation device comment I could really care less what it looks like....
So, in other words, you care a lot what it looks like. Evil
4/7/2009 6:09pm
i've broken my ribs a few times wearing Air Frames so i was looking for something a little safer but worried about them being too hot in the summer. i guess i'll have my parts guys get me one. thanks
The Rock
4/7/2009 6:46pm
i've broken my ribs a few times wearing Air Frames so i was looking for something a little safer but worried about them being too hot...
i've broken my ribs a few times wearing Air Frames so i was looking for something a little safer but worried about them being too hot in the summer. i guess i'll have my parts guys get me one. thanks
I wore my RXR last summer in 100 degree plus temps....soaked my jersey in ice water first and then rode fifteen to twenty minute motos no problem.

FTE-Got me!
tatonka
4/7/2009 8:31pm
I've worn an RXR Protect for the last couple of years. The early version I had to trim around the neck to fit with my Leatt but they fixed that with the current version. I've worn it in both hot and cold conditions (including Baja in June!), frankly the heat is not nearly as much of an issue as you would think. If Shenzi is around he's got studies and numbers to back this up.

We sold a bunch of these as part of the RiderDown Foundation's fundraising campaign (all proceeds over cost went into the injured rider fund) and I've gotten feedback from lots of riders using the RXR. Pretty much all positive. We're not currently stocking them due to shrinking margins but I still support the product.

Of course some riders are more interested in what they look like and I've heard some guys are worried about looking fat....

Post a reply to: RXR Chest protectors

The Latest