RX 250f Glen Helen Poll

pilotdude
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 2:53am
Who do you think will win the first 250f moto?

1. Ryan Dungey 36%

2. Austin Stroup 19%

3. Christophe Pourcel 15%

4. Trey Canard 8%

4. Justin Barcia 8%

6. Tyla Rattray 6%

7. Jake Weimer 3%

7. Tommy Searle 3%

4527 Total votes
|
TheWeapon
Fantasy
53rd
5/8/2009 12:48pm
More people think Barcia will win than Rattray??

Shows what they know......
R-acer
5/8/2009 12:57pm
Those same people said Reed would win the championship too..... doesnt mean anything.

Christophe Pourcel will beat cryin.Whistling
TheWeapon
Fantasy
53rd
5/8/2009 1:00pm
true - though Reed had a shot.

I watched some MXDN footage and some nationals from last season the other day. I honestly think there's a small chance the RV may go 24-0.....
pilotdude
5/8/2009 1:04pm
TheWeapon wrote:
true - though Reed had a shot. I watched some MXDN footage and some nationals from last season the other day. I honestly think there's a...

I watched some MXDN footage and some nationals from last season the other day. I honestly think there's a small chance the RV may go 24-0.....
I think you're right weapon. There is a certain element of luck in going 24-0 with mechanicals, unforeens, etc. but he did win 19 of 24 motos last year. I definitely see him winning a lot of motos outdoors.

The Shop

Highsider
5/8/2009 1:26pm
I am a Stroupe fan, but I don't see it in my magic screen.
raddad
5/8/2009 1:33pm
Its hard to bet against the Dungenator but Stroupe could steal some moto wins this season. I think that Canard will be the second best American if he keeps it on two wheels! The new kids on the block may find racing here tough going but no matter what its going to be close or at least i hope so!
MX479Guy
5/8/2009 3:34pm
Stroupe will win moto's but he'll crash a few too.

Barcia is faster then people give him credit for, and he'll have all kinds of people talking after GH.

jeffro503
5/8/2009 3:52pm
man...all this talk and it's getting me freaking anxious BIGTIME! This is going to be one hell of a season in both classes. I think there are a handful of riders in the big bike class that can win , and in the 250 class.....holy hell , i bet there could be close to 8-10 riders who pull off a moto win.
DrSweden
5/8/2009 4:06pm
We don't know shit who will win, but that suggestion is so far off the radar, one might wonder what kind of drugs are involved. Rattray after Barcia? LOL!
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
5/8/2009 5:16pm
MX479Guy wrote:
Stroupe will win moto's but he'll crash a few too. Barcia is faster then people give him credit for, and he'll have all kinds of people...
Stroupe will win moto's but he'll crash a few too.

Barcia is faster then people give him credit for, and he'll have all kinds of people talking after GH.

I will be surprised if he does better then 20th Along those same lines Saying Stroup will win is smoking the same stuff he will be top 10 for sure. I would put Rattray top 5.

It's a popularity contest nothing based on rider ability. Glen Helen will be won by rider experience not fastest kid on the block. Those hills will tame the wide eyed throttle happy youngsters and smarts will prevail.

Lot of nerves, lot of pro racing smarts will be in full effect.
bigcat
5/8/2009 5:43pm
I haven't seen anyone mention his name yet,
and he flat hauls ass outside.
#61 Blake Wharton .
Craze
5/8/2009 6:50pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2009 6:51pm
All I know is the Lites(250F national?) class will be a barn burner compared to the Motocross( 450f national?) class....can't wait!!!
ninety3
5/8/2009 7:12pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2009 7:14pm
I think both classes are stacked.
Rattray is experienced, and a World Champ, it's not his first rodeo, he will be in the hunt for wins all season.
slumpstone
5/8/2009 7:47pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2009 7:49pm
Well tiki, be prepared to be suprised. If I remember it right your the same guy that said there was no way Honda was coming out with a motocross 150. Kind of ironic how Barcia was the kid that introduced that bike.
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
5/9/2009 2:39pm
slumpstone wrote:
Well tiki, be prepared to be suprised. If I remember it right your the same guy that said there was no way Honda was coming out...
Well tiki, be prepared to be suprised. If I remember it right your the same guy that said there was no way Honda was coming out with a motocross 150. Kind of ironic how Barcia was the kid that introduced that bike.
You are correct. I thought there was no 150R due to the information provided to me. I was happy to be wrong on that one. Barcia however fast he may be in the Amateur ranks, you dont go from being Loretta's fast to winning a Motocross National. Let alone the opening round.

Wait... Alessi won his first race right?
calimxer91
5/9/2009 3:13pm
Ya ,Stroupe won last year and J-Law won a moto as well.As good as they are indoors ,outdoors is where they could shine.
RMZ819
5/9/2009 5:19pm
TheWeapon wrote:
true - though Reed had a shot. I watched some MXDN footage and some nationals from last season the other day. I honestly think there's a...

There's no chance RV goes 24-0. RV did not even come close in the lites class. RV is good but beatable. Stewart and RC were unbeatable unless they raced each other.
prozach
5/9/2009 5:27pm
Rattray and Pourcel should be favorites, they are pretty much racing against a bunch of people who have never won a championship outdoors. If they can't beat a bunch of kids....

But the kids are fast as hell and I still think an American will bring home the title if the right ones can stay healthy.
pilotdude
5/9/2009 6:17pm
TheWeapon wrote:

RMZ819 wrote:
There's no chance RV goes 24-0. RV did not even come close in the lites class. RV is good but beatable. Stewart and RC were unbeatable...
There's no chance RV goes 24-0. RV did not even come close in the lites class. RV is good but beatable. Stewart and RC were unbeatable unless they raced each other.
RV did not even come close in the lites class.

Really? Winning 19 of 24 motos last year is "not even close" I guess. How many does he have to win to come "close"?

Personally, I think there is a hell of a lot of skill and a little bit of luck to go 24-0 because so many things can happen that are beyond your control.

I agree with TheWeapon that there is a small chance that he will go 24-0. It is possible but not likely...and we will see soon enough. I'd rather see some awesome battles between Villopoto and Alessi and then have them both on Team USA for the MXDN.
RMZ819
5/9/2009 6:38pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:50pm
TheWeapon wrote:

RMZ819 wrote:
There's no chance RV goes 24-0. RV did not even come close in the lites class. RV is good but beatable. Stewart and RC were unbeatable...
pilotdude wrote:
[b]RV did not even come close in the lites class. [/b] Really? Winning 19 of 24 motos last year is "not even close" I guess. How...
RV did not even come close in the lites class.

Really? Winning 19 of 24 motos last year is "not even close" I guess. How many does he have to win to come "close"?

Personally, I think there is a hell of a lot of skill and a little bit of luck to go 24-0 because so many things can happen that are beyond your control.

I agree with TheWeapon that there is a small chance that he will go 24-0. It is possible but not likely...and we will see soon enough. I'd rather see some awesome battles between Villopoto and Alessi and then have them both on Team USA for the MXDN.
Close is stringing in 15 to 20 moto wins in a row and killing the field. 19 out of 24 is pretty awesome but RV is not RC/James Stewart dominate. He is not even close to that league.

I to can't wait to see Alessi battle RV. On top of that seeing Alessi, Grant and Canard on the MXDN team USA is going to be pretty cool to

j100
5/9/2009 6:55pm
i say Barcia wins the first moto. call me crazy, but i have a feeling he's going to get the start a roll.

not sayin' he will win a bunch -- just think he will win the first one.
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
5/9/2009 7:12pm
Rattray and Dungey will be the class of the field.
pilotdude
5/9/2009 8:14pm
RMZ819 wrote:
Close is stringing in 15 to 20 moto wins in a row and killing the field. 19 out of 24 is pretty awesome but RV is...
Close is stringing in 15 to 20 moto wins in a row and killing the field. 19 out of 24 is pretty awesome but RV is not RC/James Stewart dominate. He is not even close to that league.

I to can't wait to see Alessi battle RV. On top of that seeing Alessi, Grant and Canard on the MXDN team USA is going to be pretty cool to

To say that Villopoto is not even close to that league (RC and JS) is just factually incorrect.

1. How many outdoor National 250 titles does Villopoto have?

2. How many supercross 250 titles does he have?

3. How many MXDN individual titles does he have?

4. How did his lap times compare outdoors last year to JS?

5. How did his lap times compare to CR and JS at Vegas?

6. Who won Vegas?

7. Who won 2 out of the last 3 supercrosses of the year, with a 1-4-1 finish?

8. How old is he?

I'd say he is in the same league and you are reluctant to open your eyes for some reason. No matter, we'll see in about 2 weeks.
roosty
5/9/2009 8:28pm
RMZ819 wrote:
Close is stringing in 15 to 20 moto wins in a row and killing the field. 19 out of 24 is pretty awesome but RV is...

pilotdude wrote:
To say that Villopoto is not even close to that league (RC and JS) is just factually incorrect. 1. How many outdoor National 250 titles does...
To say that Villopoto is not even close to that league (RC and JS) is just factually incorrect.

6. Who won Vegas?

8. How old is he?

I'd say he is in the same league and you are reluctant to open your eyes for some reason. No matter, we'll see in about 2 weeks.
I'm a big fan of RV, but he still has a ways to go before he can be compared to those two IMO.
Crush
5/10/2009 12:09am
Stroupe is pretty unbelievable at Glen Helen, if he stays up all year I still say he is the fastest in pure speed in that class...
RMZ819
5/10/2009 4:16am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:50pm
RMZ819 wrote:

pilotdude wrote:
To say that Villopoto is not even close to that league (RC and JS) is just factually incorrect. 1. How many outdoor National 250 titles does...

6. Who won Vegas?

8. How old is he?

Who can't beat Stewart?? RV!!!!!!

RV is a good rider but he is not a prodigy. There is nothing special or dynamic about his riding. RV received 2 gifts this yr in SX. He never raced either Reed or Stewart tough all season.Those two cats kicked his ass and treated him like every other rider on the track when they had to pass him. All they did was check the fuck out.

What the hell were you watching this winter because I would like to know.

RV results (5) (7) (4) (3) (3) (4) (3) (9) (6) (9) (1) Reed crash Stewart last off start-- (4)-- (1) This was a I don't give a shit race
pilotdude
5/10/2009 7:56am
RMZ819 wrote:

pilotdude wrote:

6. Who won Vegas?

8. How old is he?

roosty wrote:
I'm a big fan of RV, but he still has a ways to go before he can be compared to those two IMO.
I agree, he has a ways to go. At age 20 with 3 years in the pros, Stewart had a long way to go before he became the Stewart we know today. Same with RC.
pilotdude
5/10/2009 9:25am
His result were BETTER then Carmichael's first year. I noticed you didn't answer any of the questions in my post. You're just a loud mouth Villopoto hater. Your shit is getting weaker each time Villopoto improves his results and wins another race. I can't wait for the outdoors and I truy hope Reed rides them so Villopoto can shut closed-eye haters like you the hell up.
5/10/2009 9:36am
Well back to the 250F debate, It is hard to predict how the Euro guys will do over here because it is different, but I am sure they will be up front. I am confident that Dungey will be up front the most though. Last year he was really the only guy that was in the gap between RV and everyone else. He still has a solid program and has learned from last year, he seems super motivated. I think it will be his year outdoors on the 250F.

Post a reply to: RX 250f Glen Helen Poll

The Latest