RV's post race interview at Red Bud

spd721
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:34am
I've been hearing a lot about RV's interview at Red Bud that dealt with the "robot speeches". What was it that he said or where can I find it?
|
thordude
7/7/2011 7:33am
Show some character once in a while RV. Or just smile, you are on the podium after all.
peelout
7/7/2011 9:00am
when did Dungey shave his head?
skidsteer16
7/7/2011 9:10am
peelout wrote:
when did Dungey shave his head?
Come on guy, Dungey's been a lot lot better in recent interviews. Way better than RV.

The Shop

Titan1
7/7/2011 10:22am
It just doesn't seem as though RV is having fun right now. (That is my opinion based on what I see in the media...so take it with a grain of salt)
Mstock
7/7/2011 1:13pm
Reed is the only one who sounds like he has grey matter between his ears. The rest race dirt bikes bro. Cut them some slack bro.
jtomasik
7/7/2011 1:27pm
I wish that the racers stopped doing all interviews, then I wouldn't have to see all this crying about shit that matters nothing to motocross.
7/7/2011 2:58pm
jtomasik wrote:
I wish that the racers stopped doing all interviews, then I wouldn't have to see all this crying about shit that matters nothing to motocross.
If it didn't matter then why do they have podium interviews?
7/7/2011 3:20pm
If you watch videos of RV at home or with the Kawasaki guys testing, he really is pretty cool. He seems more like a real guy who is grounded and doesnt think he is the shiznit like some guys on the podium...or is that pose-ium? I must admit that Reed is super-slick behind the mic now. But slick is slimy
7/7/2011 3:22pm
jtomasik wrote:
So that sponsors can get plugs without paying extra money for a commercial to be shot and run.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/7/2011 3:41pm
You guys worry about the dumbest stuff...
TDeath21
7/7/2011 4:41pm
His interviews consist of 99% thanking his sponsors and 1% about the race or answering the question that Erin asks him. He runs down every sponsor from the biggest to the smallest. He's had to of practiced the run down several times because he lists so many. Reed definitely has the best interviews. He thanks the MAIN sponsors and then speaks his mind.
7/8/2011 7:37am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2011 7:37am
jtomasik wrote:
So that sponsors can get plugs without paying extra money for a commercial to be shot and run.
Yep, that is why SPEED and FUEL and any other media do podium interviews. LOL You can't make the stuff up that is posted on here.
Uncleof2
7/8/2011 7:41am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2011 7:52am
Yep, that is why SPEED and FUEL and any other media do podium interviews. LOL You can't make the stuff up that is posted on here.
Really, I thought most of the stuff posted here was made up, silly me.Wink About the interview, that's part of
his job to list his sponsors while the biggest audience is watching. Just doing his job, give him a break.
shue201
7/8/2011 8:52am
I have been bitching about this very topic to my wife, friends and Dad every time I watch the races!! RV is amazing on the bike and has the grit and determination that most others only dream of having, but his personality on the podium is terrible!!! Like someone else said, in other videos or interviews, he is different, but the podium interviews are the ones most see more often, so that is what a lot of people base their opinion on. No...our opinion of him and his interviews may not mean anything much, but I like hearing what Reed and/or KDub has to say much more.

As for him practicing his sponsor rundown, that isn't the case. His mechanic is behind the camera with all of them written on the pit board and he is reading it from that as fast as he can. It is awful!! I think it may be something in the contracts of the Kawi and Pro Circuit riders though, because Baggett, Wilson, Tyla and Tickle all do it too and Blake just as bad as RV is now! No personality and runs through the sponsors faster than he rode in that moto and rarely answers the questions Erin asks. We know who their sponsors are by now and can see their logos on their jerseys and bikes, so tell us about the race and not about how you couldn't have done it without the help of................blah....blah....blah!!

Sorry....I had to vent since this is the first time I have seen anyone talk about this. Thanks for the platform!! I would like to thank all my sponsors that made this possible, LOL!!!
希望
7/8/2011 9:49am
Something needs to be done about separating "Thanking Sponsors" and telling Erin, or whomever is doing the post-race interviews, about the race. Or limit it to one or two sponsors, so that they actually have time to speak about what happened in the race. It gets redundant after a while hearing about Traxxis, Volcom, Oakley, etc., etc. every weekend in those interviews.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
7/8/2011 10:01am
If you want to thank your sponsors, send a Hallmark card.

Leave the post race interview for talking about the race.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
7/8/2011 10:19am
Just because they are good on a bike doesn't mean they are good in front of a camera.
hasko158
7/8/2011 10:21am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2011 10:22am
RV is just arrogant. Can't complain about his riding but I don't like his attitude. And of course, what I think is all that counts, hahaaha
wildbill
7/8/2011 12:22pm
I've never met RV, rode with him back in the day but him and Josh Hill would pass me on practice days. Lil fuggers! I tried to hang and learn their lines but couldn't quit keep up.

He's seems cool on Matthes' pods.
ocscottie
7/8/2011 12:58pm
SPYGUY wrote:
If you want to thank your sponsors, send a Hallmark card.

Leave the post race interview for talking about the race.
HAR! "...send a Hallmark card."

Thats some funny shit. Cool
jmx411
7/9/2011 4:06pm
Reed and Windham are the best at talking to the media, they just have a way of thanking their sponsors and talking about the race at the same time that makes it enjoyable to listen too.

You would think that the factory teams would make these guys take speaking courses like Nascar drivers do to make them better to the media
7/9/2011 4:24pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
Really, I thought most of the stuff posted here was made up, silly me.;) About the interview, that's part of his job to list his sponsors...
Really, I thought most of the stuff posted here was made up, silly me.Wink About the interview, that's part of
his job to list his sponsors while the biggest audience is watching. Just doing his job, give him a break.
No way man. The stuff here is real, just see any Booby M thread.

Can he really not remember his sponsors and have to read them off of a card? You are right it is part of his job so maybe he should practice it so he doesn't look like the kid that can't remember his lines in the 3rd grade Christmas play.
Hank_Thrill
7/9/2011 5:20pm
I love the interviews, because it is one of the few chances to see who has the momentum, confidence, swagger, etc.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
7/9/2011 7:02pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2011 7:04pm
RV is cool in my book! Who gives a shit about podium interviews, if his sponsors are OK with his interviews that's all that matters.
The Rock
7/10/2011 8:56am
jtomasik wrote:
Did you catch Erin talking to Eli Tomac about his practice crash? It was great hearing him talk without the "I'd like to thank BS"

I had to laugh when I heard Bagget, Rattray and Wilson (is PC a powerhouse or WHAT?) go through the same laundry list of sponsors.

For the record I can't areally gree with you that this topic has nothing to do with motocross. I like catching NASCAR interviews where they mention only two or three sponsors and leave it at that instead of speed talking through twelve plus companies.
fader418
7/10/2011 9:37am
I dont know about his interviews but his podcasts with Matthes are always good and funny.....

Post a reply to: RV's post race interview at Red Bud

The Latest