RV's Ride; Langston or Wey??

motowhore
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 7:30pm
Who should Kawi pick to ride RV's bike Outdoors? Sounds like they are both testing out RV's bike.
|
Yaya
Fantasy
2551st
5/4/2010 4:49pm
Langston my vote!
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
5/4/2010 4:49pm
Langston if he's up to speed. Wey's a good rider, Grant's a great rider with multiple titles.

The Shop

jmar
5/4/2010 4:58pm
Wey and Langston have both been there and done that. I would like to see them give the ride to someone new to the OEM game.

Remember how well Sean Hamblin did when he was given that chance?
need love
5/4/2010 5:07pm
Thats almost like asking if you'd take Jlaw or RV. Langston has a chance to win the title. Wey is a great rider but not the same as GL
jmar
5/4/2010 5:13pm
need love wrote:
Thats almost like asking if you'd take Jlaw or RV. Langston has a chance to win the title. Wey is a great rider but not the...
Thats almost like asking if you'd take Jlaw or RV. Langston has a chance to win the title. Wey is a great rider but not the same as GL
Honetly,

I love Grant's hard charging style, but you are either nostalgic, or smoking crack if you think that Grant Langston has a chance of winning the 450 outdoor title.
5/4/2010 5:19pm
need love wrote:
Thats almost like asking if you'd take Jlaw or RV. Langston has a chance to win the title. Wey is a great rider but not the...
jmar wrote:
Honetly, I love Grant's hard charging style, but you are either nostalgic, or smoking crack if you think that Grant Langston has a chance of winning...
Honetly,

I love Grant's hard charging style, but you are either nostalgic, or smoking crack if you think that Grant Langston has a chance of winning the 450 outdoor title.
Gotta give you one thing JIm, you say what you mean and mean what you say.Wink
nobhead
5/4/2010 5:20pm
Langston! No dig on Wey but Langston would give the company more exposure. Dude has a tons of fans regarless of his speed at the moment.
jmar
5/4/2010 5:22pm
need love wrote:
jmar wrote:
Honetly, I love Grant's hard charging style, but you are either nostalgic, or smoking crack if you think that Grant Langston has a chance of winning...
Honetly,

I love GL but do you honestly think that he is a contender for the outdoor title?

Give me your honest answer.
fred53
5/4/2010 5:22pm
probably langs , but i want to see rv back, anyboby have news of is return??
motowhore
5/4/2010 5:27pm
jmar wrote:
Honetly,

jmar wrote:
I love GL but do you honestly think that he is a contender for the outdoor title?

He won it 2 years ago!!..... How can he be washed up now?? RV out, and Stewart probably part time.... Reed, Dungey, Alessi and Grant are the only ones that can hang with Langston.
4mxonly
5/4/2010 5:32pm
I'm rooting for the Michigan Mafia... Nick brings speed and consistency to the kawi race effort. Plus, Wey is a sharp dude and obviously knows how to rep monster kawi well. Langston is a great guy, but Nyk is Wey cooler.
need love
5/4/2010 5:43pm
jmar wrote:

motowhore wrote:
He won it 2 years ago!!..... How can he be washed up now?? RV out, and Stewart probably part time.... Reed, Dungey, Alessi and Grant are...
He won it 2 years ago!!..... How can he be washed up now?? RV out, and Stewart probably part time.... Reed, Dungey, Alessi and Grant are the only ones that can hang with Langston.
I think Langston is gonna shut alot of people up this year, from what i have heard he is hauling ass.
5/4/2010 5:53pm
Was it not Langston who passed Bubba at Southwick!!!! He has so much heart and the dude is Fuaaaast!!! How many titles does the dude have? world champion, east, west and outdoors 250 and 450 outdoors, ...and Wey, Zero titles, nice guy, solid top 8 or so.
Decision? what decision?
al8
5/4/2010 5:53pm
jmar wrote:

motowhore wrote:
He won it 2 years ago!!..... How can he be washed up now?? RV out, and Stewart probably part time.... Reed, Dungey, Alessi and Grant are...
He won it three yrs ago but i would still pick Grant
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
5/4/2010 6:04pm
jmar wrote:
Wey and Langston have both been there and done that. I would like to see them give the ride to someone new to the OEM game...
Wey and Langston have both been there and done that. I would like to see them give the ride to someone new to the OEM game.

Who would that rider be in your opinion?
hellion
5/4/2010 6:14pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2010 6:15pm
Anyone who counts out Langston is crazy. Who's gonna beat him? There are a few who could but each are just as questionable. Reed seems off pace this year. Millsaps too inconsistent. Grant just coming off injury and has never been a title contender. Alessi too much drama to last a full season without imploding. Short has a real shot if healthy enough but not Langston's speed. Dungey, also has a shot but he seems to have lost his edge the last few weeks and the nationals will be tougher, will he be able to handle it? I hope GL takes a factory KTM or even the Kawi and whoops some ass!
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
5/4/2010 6:21pm
jmar wrote:
Honetly,

jmar wrote:

Honestly, Jim, if contender is the criterion, then I can't think of anyone without that quality of ride who is more of a contender. He's got a better chance IMO than other availabe riders.

I don't know if he still has it in him to win over Reed, Alessi, Stewart or Dungey at this point, but he has proven himself and there's no tougher guy still racing.

And, as for me, as much as he's gone through, as tough as he's been as a rider, the whole not being able to defend his title deal, there's a real appeal to seeing him get another quality crack at it.
40Plus_922mx
5/4/2010 6:32pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2010 6:33pm
Ya know, a title shot with everyone in cept RV & JS is far fetched but if anyone can do it The Zooloo warrior would be the guy I pick based on who's available. The guy knows how to win titles. Fitness and gumption are gonna be the deciding factor in just how well he does in the end.
jmar
5/4/2010 6:33pm
jmar wrote:
Wey and Langston have both been there and done that. I would like to see them give the ride to someone new to the OEM game...

neverwas wrote:
Who would that rider be in your opinion?
I honestly couldn't say, but I would like to see a new guy get a shot at have a good support team behind him.
5/4/2010 6:34pm
jmar wrote:
Honetly,

jmar wrote:

I wasn't dogging you at all there, just would rather have people like you say it as they honestly feel it is than pile on or fall in line behind the popular answer.

Now, to honestly try and answer your question, I too have been a fan of Langston since before it was the "cool thing to do", and he probably wouldn't be one of my top two choices if all the other contenders that are supposed to race show up and remain healthy.

Having said that, I do believe that he can beat anybody out there on any given day if the circumstances go his way, but I don't think that will happen enough times for him to take the title unless several others experience problems.Wink
Steve47
5/4/2010 6:37pm
It would be a bit silly for Kawi to pick Wey as he's already riding a green bike adn will do just as good on his regular bike(judging from SX)

You give the ride to Langston and you get one other fast guy on a Kawi.

Plus it's outdoor and yes I think Langston can run up front. He was really fast at Daytona before his crash.
motowhore
5/4/2010 6:38pm
If Grants knee problems were'nt in question, would this even be a valid question?
jmar
5/4/2010 6:39pm
jmar wrote:

motowhore wrote:
How did the supercross season work out for him?
I know he ended up getting hurt, but he struggled to make mains.

The guy is a warrior, and I wish him nothing but the best. But IMO it's not realistic to think that GL will win the outdoor.

Injuries, illness and time play a big factor when racing at this level.
RACERX69
5/4/2010 6:48pm
Without a doubt, Grant Langston.

The guy's a much better investment for Kawasaki than Wey. He's very corporate, has a huge fan base, is extremely articulate and is almost guranteed to be on the podium multiple times over the summer. Also has a legitimate shot at the title.I like Nick Wey, but GL is the obvious choice.
DanDunes818
5/4/2010 7:17pm
I like Nick allot "chickity check one" but I don't think that's really a tough decision for Kawi. Langston hands down on this one. No brainer. I mean the last time Grant lined up for an outdoor race he locked up the 450 mx title. Technically nobody has taken that title away from Grant yet and I think it would be awesome if Grant got to defend that title on a factory team. Guys Grants title was only two years ago. I can't see how you guys can say a guy is washed up without seeing what he's got on a outdoor track with a full gate. For me this is Grants chance to defend the title he never got a chance to defend and he flat out deserves this ride. I'm not saying i think Grants the favorite for the title but I love that Grant will be able to try to win back what was his w/a factory machine. For me a champs the champ until someone takes it from him and so far Grant hasn't lost the title since winning it.

Post a reply to: RV's Ride; Langston or Wey??

The Latest