RV2 joining MC RJ Deegan?

early
Fantasy
2212th
Edited Date/Time 12/17/2017 9:37am
Matthes spilled the beans the RV moved back to California in his SX podcast then this pic gets posted. Is RV setting up for a future in trucks, short course or desert? That would be cool if he did, good luck to him!
|
early
Fantasy
2212th
12/16/2017 9:02am
Forgot the pic

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
12/16/2017 9:11am
If he goes that route I wouldn't be surprised that he'd do short course over desert racing since it's similar to MX.

I don't follow truck racing but from the little I've seen it looks like most ex motocross racers have had success. Coincidence or is there more skills that crosses over?
tek14
12/16/2017 9:34am
Don't wanna diss but I could see many MX/FMX guys getting good funding for truck racing and better stuff you run better you will do.
12/16/2017 9:36am
I don't know. I don't know!! I don't know why I'm not supposed to know!!! LaughingLaughingLaughing You could tell even Weege and JT were trying hard to keep it together after that exchange

The Shop

12/16/2017 9:40am
I don't know. [i] I don't know!![/i] [b]I don't know why I'm not supposed to know!!! [/b] :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You could tell even Weege and...
I don't know. I don't know!! I don't know why I'm not supposed to know!!! LaughingLaughingLaughing You could tell even Weege and JT were trying hard to keep it together after that exchange
That was so cringe listening to that bit!
Those guys talk 30% interesting and useful and 70% shite!
12/16/2017 10:19am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If he goes that route I wouldn't be surprised that he'd do short course over desert racing since it's similar to MX. I don't follow truck...
If he goes that route I wouldn't be surprised that he'd do short course over desert racing since it's similar to MX.

I don't follow truck racing but from the little I've seen it looks like most ex motocross racers have had success. Coincidence or is there more skills that crosses over?
Both of the Greaves grew up racing motocross and they are two of the best.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
12/16/2017 10:30am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If he goes that route I wouldn't be surprised that he'd do short course over desert racing since it's similar to MX. I don't follow truck...

Both of the Greaves grew up racing motocross and they are two of the best.
Then it for sure can't be a coincidence if two other guys have a moto background and are some of the best drivers.

Does it have anything to do with line selections? It's not like they have a bunch of ruts to navigate. It can't be as simple as they're used to going all out and banging bars is it? Plenty of guys aren't afraid to put the pedal to the metal.
Dimblewambie
12/16/2017 10:46am
RV did race Baja with the Brenthel team a year ago or so. Probably just doin the SSTs for fun, they aren’t much like real short course racing.
12/16/2017 11:07am
When they were talking about him moving I kind of guessed he would be doing something with some race team. I think he mentioned on the Pulp show after straight rhythm that he wanted to do stuff for some "teams". I also think Matthes mentioned that things aren't exactly kosher between RV and Kawasaki and there could be something brewing somewhere else. I may be mistaken though so don't quote me on that.

But him doing the truck racing is probably a more likely scenario.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
12/16/2017 2:35pm
When they were talking about him moving I kind of guessed he would be doing something with some race team. I think he mentioned on the...
When they were talking about him moving I kind of guessed he would be doing something with some race team. I think he mentioned on the Pulp show after straight rhythm that he wanted to do stuff for some "teams". I also think Matthes mentioned that things aren't exactly kosher between RV and Kawasaki and there could be something brewing somewhere else. I may be mistaken though so don't quote me on that.

Oh man.... it would be funny if he became a Honda brand enbassador while MC is at Kawi!!!!!
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
12/16/2017 3:01pm
When they were talking about him moving I kind of guessed he would be doing something with some race team. I think he mentioned on the...

RV wasn't at the Kawasaki team photo shoot. Tomac, Grant and McGrath were there.

Maybe RV is asking for too much money to be a brand ambassador, maybe he doesn't want to do that anymore. Maybe he rode the Alta and wants to go electric.

Make of it what you will. Laughing
leighracer
12/16/2017 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 12/17/2017 9:37am
He wanted the # 2 on his Kawi but MC wouldn't give it up!?
12/16/2017 4:31pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Then it for sure can't be a coincidence if two other guys have a moto background and are some of the best drivers. Does it have...
Then it for sure can't be a coincidence if two other guys have a moto background and are some of the best drivers.

Does it have anything to do with line selections? It's not like they have a bunch of ruts to navigate. It can't be as simple as they're used to going all out and banging bars is it? Plenty of guys aren't afraid to put the pedal to the metal.
If you are good at racing motocross, you can be good at racing anything. The reflexes, the feel for traction, the intensity, line selection and setting up for passes, etc.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
12/16/2017 4:38pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Then it for sure can't be a coincidence if two other guys have a moto background and are some of the best drivers. Does it have...

If you are good at racing motocross, you can be good at racing anything. The reflexes, the feel for traction, the intensity, line selection and setting...
If you are good at racing motocross, you can be good at racing anything. The reflexes, the feel for traction, the intensity, line selection and setting up for passes, etc.
Yeah I thought about it after. More than likely has to do with the rider instinct of an MX/SX racer.

I think it's pretty cool how they can transition to truck racing and have success fairly quick. Isn't MC a truck champion? Pretty sure an ex MX rider won a title.

Post a reply to: RV2 joining MC RJ Deegan?

The Latest