RV2: SX,GPs or retirement?

KlootZak
Edited Date/Time 7/13/2014 5:37am
I don't know if this has been talked about to death but what do you guys think?

I would never believe it, I mean why wouldn't he try to be the first person ever to win 5 supercross titles in a row? Beat RC's, Stewarts and Reeds wins at supercross? Be one of the ultimate supercross riders (well he already is but be even more special)? And he won with quite a lead this year. Roczen will be better next year but he would still be favorite.

However recent affairs looks like that would not happen. Pulpmx reported that RV has sold his property. The thing that disturbs me the most is he has put on some weight since his injury. Since his big injury in 2010, RV lost a lot of weight and was really on it thanks to Aldon. Regaining this much weight, I don't think he will be back racing which would be a huge shock imo.
|
Crush
7/9/2014 7:44pm
I don't think he's gonna do GPs.

I think he sold his place cause he was made a hell of an offer, but i'd bet the farm, ha, that he's still allowed to ride there for another year.

And I think he does SX and MX next year.

I do think it'd be cool as crap if he did GPs tho, especially if he won. That'd be a cap for sure.
Outsider
7/9/2014 7:46pm
How much weight has he put on, and how do you know this?
Gringoe
7/9/2014 7:48pm
Crush wrote:
I don't think he's gonna do GPs. I think he sold his place cause he was made a hell of an offer, but i'd bet the...

I think he sold his place cause he was made a hell of an offer, but i'd bet the farm, ha, that he's still allowed to ride there for another year.

I do think it'd be cool as crap if he did GPs tho, especially if he won. That'd be a cap for sure.
He's not racing sx mx. I know that much.
dean122
7/9/2014 7:52pm
Gringoe wrote:
And you know this how? By hearsay and rumors flying around on the internet? Are you passing your opinion off as fact or can you let us know where you found an official PR on him not racing sx/mx?

The Shop

7/9/2014 8:15pm
What about the fact he has never raced another brand? That's like marrying your first girlfriend WTF!!! This can't happen.
Getndome
7/9/2014 8:19pm
Crush wrote:
I don't think he's gonna do GPs. I think he sold his place cause he was made a hell of an offer, but i'd bet the...

They said he sold the farm and his place in California is also for sale.that's what seems weird I say he's done which really sucks.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/9/2014 8:24pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2014 8:25pm
KlootZak wrote:
I don't know if this has been talked about to death but what do you guys think? I would never believe it, I mean why wouldn't...
I don't know if this has been talked about to death but what do you guys think?

I would never believe it, I mean why wouldn't he try to be the first person ever to win 5 supercross titles in a row? Beat RC's, Stewarts and Reeds wins at supercross? Be one of the ultimate supercross riders (well he already is but be even more special)? And he won with quite a lead this year. Roczen will be better next year but he would still be favorite.

However recent affairs looks like that would not happen. Pulpmx reported that RV has sold his property. The thing that disturbs me the most is he has put on some weight since his injury. Since his big injury in 2010, RV lost a lot of weight and was really on it thanks to Aldon. Regaining this much weight, I don't think he will be back racing which would be a huge shock imo.
I'd guess a large part of it will come down to what he learned at his doctor's appointment this week. That'll determine a lot of the timeline for his rehab.

Will we see the full potential of what he could do? Maybe not.
Gringoe
7/9/2014 8:31pm
Gringoe wrote:
dean122 wrote:
And you know this how? By hearsay and rumors flying around on the internet? Are you passing your opinion off as fact or can you let...
And you know this how? By hearsay and rumors flying around on the internet? Are you passing your opinion off as fact or can you let us know where you found an official PR on him not racing sx/mx?
Wouldn't of sold his stuff if he was racing sx or mx here next year.
dboivin
7/9/2014 8:33pm
i think he's going hunting. dude loves to hunt...time to enjoy himself. got no problem with that.
7/9/2014 8:39pm
RV doesn't seem like the type of guy who's into the numbers game, or his place in history the way someone like Stewart used to be. I can see him walking away from the sport and not looking back. Dudes got nothing left to prove.
Crush
7/9/2014 8:52pm
Gringoe wrote:
I don't think that is solid enough of a reason at all. He might not do it, but I don't think you can say because he sold his farm to the owner of Alias, Southwick and bunch of other MX stuff that he's done. As I say, it'd be pretty easy for him to rent it for a year. Remember he rented it from GL before he bought it.
7/9/2014 8:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2014 9:03pm
Such a substantial change so late in his career seems unlikely at first, but when I think about it deeper it does make some sense.

When RV started ridding motorcycles I'm absolutely sure that his goal was to be the best in America and he absolutely has accomplished that. He has dominated in SX and MX. He has four MXdN titles, including a "straight up" victory over "The GOAT." Last SX season he put the wood to the best riders on earth despite having a torn ACL.

They say that it's lonely at the top and I know RV knows this. There is only one place to go once you've made it. . . RV must know that he can't continue to fight off the next up-and-coming guy forever.

Chase records? That's a fools errand. He has been the best rider in his time for a sustained period here in the US. The "what's next to accomplish?" mentality in this sport will leave a rider broken. He is the man right now and I'm sure he knows it. That's what he set out to accomplish and he has smashed it.

Ryan still loves to ride, but it's no secret that he's not having fun. Numerous people including Windham and Reed have mentioned explicitly that it doesn't seem like RV is loving life. Everyone in this sport knows that Aldon's program is probably the most difficult. He's done it; he knows what it takes and he knows what he can expect. But yet, just a week ago RV posts a picture of his KXF on Instagram saying that he misses it. He is over putting the time in and training non-stop year round but still loves to ride, that's absolutely clear.

Sick of training all year + the "As of right now I'm racing the nationals" controversy that pissed off so many people + making it to the pinnacle of US MX/SX + still loving to ride + a trip to Europe with his agent + selling his houses on both coasts = ?

That equation suggests to me that we wont be seeing RV racing here or maybe ever again.

Move to Europe to try and take down the only person that could arguably be considered to be faster in this generation? Travel around the world for a MX season that is substantially shorter than MX+SX? Participate in a series that is simply easier on paper? Win over soooo many American fans as he fights the Euros on their own soil in one of the most bad ass moves in recent history? Solidify himself as the undisputed world champion?

If I were RV I would be giving this a ton of thought. It would be the gold standard of badassery.

The only question that I have is what happened to Tower #7?
Motoxdoc
7/9/2014 9:02pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2014 9:05pm
What did he say to K-Dub with regards to continuing to race? Something like, "How greedy are you?" With nothing left to proove, and having to work his ass off to continue his 4 year streak....It wouldn't surprise me if he looked in the mirror and said the same thing to himself.
bents
Fantasy
710th
7/9/2014 9:06pm
Hard to do all the rehab and get fired up to go hard again when he has nothing left to prove. I hope he walks away healthy as one of the all time bad asses, period. Enjoy RV, you have earned it. Let your guard down, have a few bevies and enjoy the view from the top.
Silliker269
7/9/2014 9:27pm
I would of thought he would hang onto his property and Aldon a little longer if he planned on racing again
jeffro503
7/9/2014 10:11pm
Gringoe wrote:
Crush wrote:
I don't think that is solid enough of a reason at all. He might not do it, but I don't think you can say because he...
I don't think that is solid enough of a reason at all. He might not do it, but I don't think you can say because he sold his farm to the owner of Alias, Southwick and bunch of other MX stuff that he's done. As I say, it'd be pretty easy for him to rent it for a year. Remember he rented it from GL before he bought it.
So Crush....basically this Newb is saying " It's my opinion.....and therefore it's the truth ".........with no facts of any kind. I say he fits right in with this place.

Who needs facts?

And FWIW......I'm going to go out on a limb right now and tell you he is wrong.

RV got an offer on his place....he turned it down and said....." If you want it that bad.....I'll sell it for this much ( Insert $$$ amount )..RV took it. There are other places he trains at , which a lot of it will be in Florida. NOT CALI.....where he sold the fucking house!

Christ people jump to conclusions around this place.

Stamp this........RV will race SX and MX in 2015! If those go according to plan....who knows , but I bet the MXoN's won't be out of the question.
7/9/2014 10:30pm
He may well have been chatting with k roc about how cool the gps are to do you must get to see so much of the world whilst also getting to do the sport you love I seriously hope he does come over ill be making a few euro trips if he does the guy is awesome
7/9/2014 11:13pm
TripleFive wrote:
Such a substantial change so late in his career seems unlikely at first, but when I think about it deeper it does make some sense. When...
Such a substantial change so late in his career seems unlikely at first, but when I think about it deeper it does make some sense.

When RV started ridding motorcycles I'm absolutely sure that his goal was to be the best in America and he absolutely has accomplished that. He has dominated in SX and MX. He has four MXdN titles, including a "straight up" victory over "The GOAT." Last SX season he put the wood to the best riders on earth despite having a torn ACL.

They say that it's lonely at the top and I know RV knows this. There is only one place to go once you've made it. . . RV must know that he can't continue to fight off the next up-and-coming guy forever.

Chase records? That's a fools errand. He has been the best rider in his time for a sustained period here in the US. The "what's next to accomplish?" mentality in this sport will leave a rider broken. He is the man right now and I'm sure he knows it. That's what he set out to accomplish and he has smashed it.

Ryan still loves to ride, but it's no secret that he's not having fun. Numerous people including Windham and Reed have mentioned explicitly that it doesn't seem like RV is loving life. Everyone in this sport knows that Aldon's program is probably the most difficult. He's done it; he knows what it takes and he knows what he can expect. But yet, just a week ago RV posts a picture of his KXF on Instagram saying that he misses it. He is over putting the time in and training non-stop year round but still loves to ride, that's absolutely clear.

Sick of training all year + the "As of right now I'm racing the nationals" controversy that pissed off so many people + making it to the pinnacle of US MX/SX + still loving to ride + a trip to Europe with his agent + selling his houses on both coasts = ?

That equation suggests to me that we wont be seeing RV racing here or maybe ever again.

Move to Europe to try and take down the only person that could arguably be considered to be faster in this generation? Travel around the world for a MX season that is substantially shorter than MX+SX? Participate in a series that is simply easier on paper? Win over soooo many American fans as he fights the Euros on their own soil in one of the most bad ass moves in recent history? Solidify himself as the undisputed world champion?

If I were RV I would be giving this a ton of thought. It would be the gold standard of badassery.

The only question that I have is what happened to Tower #7?
Traveling Europe and racing Cairoli with all of America rooting for him? Definitely cool to imagine.

I doubt it tho. It'd be a financial blunder. Unless his agent has something unrealistic in the works.
7/9/2014 11:14pm
Woodracer wrote:
What about the fact he has never raced another brand? That's like marrying your first girlfriend WTF!!! This can't happen.
This is hilarious on so many levels. Well played.
tek14
7/10/2014 1:05am
Just ask him... will tell he is racing GH for sure.. oh wait..
7/10/2014 1:42am
I'd like to see him retire and go out on top. How often does anyone do that? He has enough money and nothing left to prove. Plus I'd rather watch four guys battling for the lead than four guys racing for 2nd place.
2thefront
7/10/2014 1:45am
I just think he's tired of the grind of the american seasons. 29 races in 34 weekends is brutal. 17 races over the course of 28 weekends is much more manageable for someone who is burned out but still wants to race at a high level. I would bet it's GPs or retirement for RV.

I will say I'm 100% with JT$ on this though. I really don't want to see him do it if he's not gonna do it with Aldon and be on "the program".
PressPassP
7/10/2014 2:39am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2014 2:42am
Retirement is long time,if he does and misses the chance to do a season or more in the GP series that's a lot of reflection on what could have been a great life experience

He only has to do the 17 or so rounds,even if they're over 2 days,he's not a Euro and wouldn't be contracted to do any National series,maybe just some pre-season open meetings

He's won everything in the US pretty comfortably most times,If his ego could handle maybe being beaten at times then why not go? Hm

He's got nothing to lose by real Moto fans who wouldn't throw him under the bus if AC222 won another title over him
downard254
7/10/2014 3:00am
I bet if RV ever reads vitalmx stuff he's getting a chuckle from all of these RV threads.
Ryan, if you are reading this, just get some popcorn and enjoy the goog read.
slipdog
7/10/2014 3:48am
downard254 wrote:
I bet if RV ever reads vitalmx stuff he's getting a chuckle from all of these RV threads. Ryan, if you are reading this, just get...
I bet if RV ever reads vitalmx stuff he's getting a chuckle from all of these RV threads.
I heard that Aldon doesn't let Ryan eat popcorn.
downard254
7/10/2014 3:55am
downard254 wrote:
I bet if RV ever reads vitalmx stuff he's getting a chuckle from all of these RV threads. Ryan, if you are reading this, just get...
slipdog wrote:
I heard that Aldon doesn't let Ryan eat popcorn.
Well that's a bummer. I thought maybe he had now that he's getting to be such a fatty Laughing
yzjs7
7/10/2014 6:14am
Whatever he decides to do he has earned all of our respect. Rv is a badass even I can say that.

Post a reply to: RV2: SX,GPs or retirement?

The Latest