RV2

yz133rider
10/1/2018 11:54am
Js217 wrote:
Your stupid i know exactely what im talking about. RC4 has 10 american titles. RV has 6 titles and had the balls to atleast try mxgp...
Your stupid i know exactely what im talking about.
RC4 has 10 american titles. RV has 6 titles and had the balls to atleast try mxgp and also faced a consistently deep and challenging feild.

RC4 never had to beat 4 multitime past champions.
RV had to beat the top ten, which were all nearly as good as he was, RC stepped it up literally 3 times, mcgrath then reed then stew.

So ya frankly, 6 american titles and an mxgp title.
I mean if rv2 had mxgp title, then you wouldnt even be able to compare the two greats even though the raced eachother twice RC4 ON mx1 and RV2 on mx2 and RV2 still beat everyone in the world at the same time on a smaller bike with a nations fate on his back.
I hope you get muted or banned or grow a brain cell or two at the very least
Js217
10/1/2018 11:55am
ga_pike wrote:
It's funny how people get crazy about retired MX/SX racers. It's almost like there isn't enough talent coming up in the ranks... RV2, JS7, RD5... then...
It's funny how people get crazy about retired MX/SX racers. It's almost like there isn't enough talent coming up in the ranks... RV2, JS7, RD5... then you have KW14 and TP199 doing the MXDN. You can't tell me there isn't a market for a small scale senior series of some sort.
I back your logic 12000% percent on that one.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/1/2018 11:58am
Js217 wrote:
100% and if RV2 came back and won that illusive mxgp title, i would easily rank him as officially better than RC
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Stop now and save face.
Js217 wrote:
Your stupid i know exactely what im talking about. RC4 has 10 american titles. RV has 6 titles and had the balls to atleast try mxgp...
RC4 has 10 american titles. RV has 6 titles and had the balls to atleast try mxgp and also faced a consistently deep and challenging feild.

RV had to beat the top ten, which were all nearly as good as he was, RC stepped it up literally 3 times, mcgrath then reed then stew.

I mean if rv2 had mxgp title, then you wouldnt even be able to compare the two greats even though the raced eachother twice RC4 ON mx1 and RV2 on mx2 and RV2 still beat everyone in the world at the same time on a smaller bike with a nations fate on his back.
Right off the bat, * You're.
mark_swart
10/1/2018 12:15pm
ga_pike wrote:
It's funny how people get crazy about retired MX/SX racers. It's almost like there isn't enough talent coming up in the ranks... RV2, JS7, RD5... then...
It's funny how people get crazy about retired MX/SX racers. It's almost like there isn't enough talent coming up in the ranks... RV2, JS7, RD5... then you have KW14 and TP199 doing the MXDN. You can't tell me there isn't a market for a small scale senior series of some sort.
Js217 wrote:
I back your logic 12000% percent on that one.
There is something to this. If these retired guys are worth $$ to manufacturers to hire as brand ambassadors because they know they will help sell bikes, then a limited series would be even cooler

The Legends race a few years back at Ironman was extremely cool.

The real question is just where to put the age cutoff? 35? 40?

The Shop

10/1/2018 12:39pm
Park Boys wrote:
Remember that time when RV needed RD to have three mechanicals in one year to beat RD for titles.. he could always hope Dungey's bike breaks...
Remember that time when RV needed RD to have three mechanicals in one year to beat RD for titles.. he could always hope Dungey's bike breaks, again.

EDIT - RV was the faster rider but everyone talks about RD getting lucky when RV got hurt yet seem to forget that in 2011 RD got screwed with plenty of bike problems. If RDs bike never broke in 2011 he would have won both titles.
Mechanicals or not Villopoto and Dungey were seperated by a single point going into the last four motos of the season and Villopoto beat Dungey in every moto but two to the end the season (to be fair to Dungey one of those was the Southwick moto where he rode incredible). Dungey lost that title because he wasn't as good as Villopoto at the end of the season, plain and simple. It's no different from Tomac losing the SX title last year, you could very easily argue that a mechanical in Dallas kept him from winning but realistically it was his mistake in New Jersey that lost him that championship.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
10/1/2018 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2018 12:49pm
Js217 wrote:
100% and if RV2 came back and won that illusive mxgp title, i would easily rank him as officially better than RC
Js217 wrote:

If RV was God's gift to moto why did he lose the 2008 Lites SX, 2009 MX and SX, 2010 SX and MX, 2012 MX? In MXGP he didn't look as good as he did in America and as Park Boys stated RV got awful lucky in 2011 with both titles since Dungey had mechanicals. Even Reed had them both beat outdoors til the Chadapult.

I'll help you out, it's because he is human, because he was over it in 2014 (or so they say). Maybe he could beat Tomac, 94, 25, 222, and 84, maybe not? I'd guess not; in fact, I doubt he would beat Dungey in anything for more than 5 laps if they were to race right now.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
10/1/2018 12:52pm
Park Boys wrote:
Remember that time when RV needed RD to have three mechanicals in one year to beat RD for titles.. he could always hope Dungey's bike breaks...
Remember that time when RV needed RD to have three mechanicals in one year to beat RD for titles.. he could always hope Dungey's bike breaks, again.

EDIT - RV was the faster rider but everyone talks about RD getting lucky when RV got hurt yet seem to forget that in 2011 RD got screwed with plenty of bike problems. If RDs bike never broke in 2011 he would have won both titles.
Mechanicals or not Villopoto and Dungey were seperated by a single point going into the last four motos of the season and Villopoto beat Dungey in...
Mechanicals or not Villopoto and Dungey were seperated by a single point going into the last four motos of the season and Villopoto beat Dungey in every moto but two to the end the season (to be fair to Dungey one of those was the Southwick moto where he rode incredible). Dungey lost that title because he wasn't as good as Villopoto at the end of the season, plain and simple. It's no different from Tomac losing the SX title last year, you could very easily argue that a mechanical in Dallas kept him from winning but realistically it was his mistake in New Jersey that lost him that championship.
You are right once RV got on the 2012 Kawi he was better than Dungey hands down and there were several times Dungey was battling Reed for a position and couldn't get by even though he was faster.

However, it is still hard to look past the 18 +/- points Dungey lost out on in SX and the 30+ he lost out to in outdoors.
zehn
10/1/2018 12:58pm
Hook, line, and sinker
10/1/2018 1:53pm
It would be interesting to see his lap times in comparison to the current guys. Anybody clock him by chance?
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
10/1/2018 2:17pm
Apparently somehow crackaddicts.com got redirected to Vitalmx.
Js217
10/1/2018 3:45pm
Js217 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Lol Right off the bat, your insulting my grammar instead of providing facts to combat mine.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
10/1/2018 3:46pm
So much FACE PALMING in this thread !!
Starting with every post by js217 !! “Put down the crack pipe”
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/1/2018 3:50pm
Js217 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Js217 wrote:
Lol Right off the bat, your insulting my grammar instead of providing facts to combat mine.
Again, * you're.

Here's a fact for you, you're a tool.
Js217
10/1/2018 3:50pm
Js217 wrote:

mx 219 wrote:
If RV was God's gift to moto why did he lose the 2008 Lites SX, 2009 MX and SX, 2010 SX and MX, 2012 MX? In...
If RV was God's gift to moto why did he lose the 2008 Lites SX, 2009 MX and SX, 2010 SX and MX, 2012 MX? In MXGP he didn't look as good as he did in America and as Park Boys stated RV got awful lucky in 2011 with both titles since Dungey had mechanicals. Even Reed had them both beat outdoors til the Chadapult.

I'll help you out, it's because he is human, because he was over it in 2014 (or so they say). Maybe he could beat Tomac, 94, 25, 222, and 84, maybe not? I'd guess not; in fact, I doubt he would beat Dungey in anything for more than 5 laps if they were to race right now.
I beg to differ. Vilipoto is in good enough shape and his racecraft is insanely better than dungeys.
But spungey i assume is in better shape. Could just be a little guy too though, but ya he would be very consistant but in the end AS ALWAYS RV2 would eat dungey alive.
It would be a much more fair race now than back then though.

RV2 still wins.
100%
bsharkey
10/1/2018 3:51pm
He looks good but his corner speed isnt there yet but maybe hes just trying to ride solid laps too
Js217
10/1/2018 3:54pm
Js217 wrote:

mx 219 wrote:
If RV was God's gift to moto why did he lose the 2008 Lites SX, 2009 MX and SX, 2010 SX and MX, 2012 MX? In...

And also DUNG survived those years villipoto crashed out, every year they raced side by side through the whole series RV2 won. Pure and simple. Dungey almost lost second in chamionship
to reed multiple years while js7 and RV2 were cranking out the W's
Forty
10/1/2018 3:57pm
Js217 wrote:

mx 219 wrote:

Js217 wrote:
I beg to differ. Vilipoto is in good enough shape and his racecraft is insanely better than dungeys. But spungey i assume is in better shape...
I beg to differ. Vilipoto is in good enough shape and his racecraft is insanely better than dungeys.
But spungey i assume is in better shape. Could just be a little guy too though, but ya he would be very consistant but in the end AS ALWAYS RV2 would eat dungey alive.

RV2 still wins.
100%
No drunk posting!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/1/2018 4:00pm
mx 219 wrote:

Js217 wrote:
I beg to differ. Vilipoto is in good enough shape and his racecraft is insanely better than dungeys. But spungey i assume is in better shape...

RV2 still wins.
100%
Forty wrote:
No drunk posting!
He's not drunk. He's 12.
Js217
10/1/2018 4:00pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Js217 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Again, * you're.

Lol how am i a tool, because admire the sport and provide a strong, bulletproof and factual answer and response.
Ithink my freind that you might be the tool, bandwagoning with the other @#$=face up there ^^^^^ and attacking my grammar because deep down you know you are a tool, that doesnt know enough about the sport to correctely refute my facts.(which btw are not character-based insults like you MXA readers)
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/1/2018 4:05pm
Js217 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Again, * you're.

Js217 wrote:
Lol how am i a tool, because admire the sport and provide a strong, bulletproof and factual answer and response. Ithink my freind that you might...
Lol how am i a tool, because admire the sport and provide a strong, bulletproof and factual answer and response.
Ithink my freind that you might be the tool, bandwagoning with the other @#$=face up there ^^^^^ and attacking my grammar because deep down you know you are a tool, that doesnt know enough about the sport to correctely refute my facts.(which btw are not character-based insults like you MXA readers)
You're a tool because you think you know it all.
10/1/2018 4:22pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2018 4:24pm
Js217 wrote:
Js217 wrote:

*You're

If you're going to call me stupid, at least try not to be stupid yourself. Thanks for tapping away at the keyboard some more and proving my point.

Edit: Late to the party. Looks like Mav's got this one covered.
10/1/2018 5:30pm
So would RV2 beat everyone now if in shape? Asking for a friend.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
10/1/2018 5:41pm
Kx125rider wrote:
So would RV2 beat everyone now if in shape? Asking for a friend.
I think Decoster would have him covered easily.

Lets debate that for 3 pages now. I'm sure we can come to a consensus by the end.
brocster
10/1/2018 6:37pm
Js217 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Again, * you're.

Js217 wrote:
Lol how am i a tool, because admire the sport and provide a strong, bulletproof and factual answer and response. Ithink my freind that you might...
You haven’t provided any bulletproof facts your just positing ASSumptions based on ifs, ands, buts, this’s and that’s. Carry on though your winning the internet today.
10/1/2018 8:01pm
Park Boys wrote:

Mechanicals or not Villopoto and Dungey were seperated by a single point going into the last four motos of the season and Villopoto beat Dungey in...
mx 219 wrote:
You are right once RV got on the 2012 Kawi he was better than Dungey hands down and there were several times Dungey was battling Reed...
You are right once RV got on the 2012 Kawi he was better than Dungey hands down and there were several times Dungey was battling Reed for a position and couldn't get by even though he was faster.

However, it is still hard to look past the 18 +/- points Dungey lost out on in SX and the 30+ he lost out to in outdoors.
In SX that year RV missed out on a full race of points when he didn't qualify for the main in Jacksonville. To me it's quite easy to look past those points outdoors as in 2 of the last 4 nationals he battled with a rookie that got him visibly rattled and then let a moto win slip away in the last turn.

Like I said before no one is claiming Tomac as the 2017 SX champion despite a mechanical definitely having an effect on the outcome and that's because he didn't perform when it mattered, just like Dungey in 2011.
MotoMo165
10/1/2018 9:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2018 9:30pm
Wtf happened to this thread?
Js217
He must be like 15 years old. Pretty sure he was in the mx vs atv thread crying about some glitch you can do in multiplayer. Could be a different poster but it seems very fitting ?
numba1 fan
10/2/2018 12:20am
RV's got a trainer again and has been putting in work on the bike and in the gym. He's racing Aus Open and wants to do well but also be safe. He's not trying to pull up and race a supercross and risk injury for 1 race because he lacked the strength and endurance. I heard hes talked about maybe hitting one of the nationals next year.

Post a reply to: RV2

The Latest