RV1 extends Championship lead

Uncleof2
Edited Date/Time 3/31/2014 9:38am
RV1 does just what he wants to extend his lead over 2nd place Ryan Dungey on the way to his 4th Championship. Just like
RC4 before him he beats the guys that matter and extends his Championship march to a 35 point lead over 2nd place Ryan
Dungey. Only 4 races left until that 4th Championship in a row that only Jerermy McGrath has done in SX history. Congrats
to RV1 for a Great race. Go RV1Woohoo
|
Seamorbutts
3/29/2014 9:33pm
He got his ass kicked. Something RV seldom experiences. If he has any RC in him, he's not totally happy knowing he's no longer the fastest.
dantheman
3/29/2014 9:37pm
He got his ass kicked. Something RV seldom experiences. If he has any RC in him, he's not totally happy knowing he's no longer the fastest.
Pretty sure RC knew he was no longer the fastest in Supercross once James started racing that class... no? If he didn't, I'm sure everyone else did!
Uncleof2
3/29/2014 9:40pm
So what your saying is when JS7 won his 2009 SX championship RV2 kicked HIS BUTT as a rookie 45O SX rider. Cool Man.
I can agree with that if that is what your saying. Go RV1Woohoo
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
3/29/2014 9:41pm
I wouldn't say "he got his ass kicked". It has been great to see so many people get wins this year. While Uof2 may disagree, it isnt good for the sport to have RV winning all the time. Parity is good for the sport and us fans. That being said, RV can damn near start spending some of his championship bonus $$$$.

The Shop

visser62
3/29/2014 9:45pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
RV1 does just what he wants to extend his lead over 2nd place Ryan Dungey on the way to his 4th Championship. Just like RC4 before...
RV1 does just what he wants to extend his lead over 2nd place Ryan Dungey on the way to his 4th Championship. Just like
RC4 before him he beats the guys that matter and extends his Championship march to a 35 point lead over 2nd place Ryan
Dungey. Only 4 races left until that 4th Championship in a row that only Jerermy McGrath has done in SX history. Congrats
I guess you have to find the positives when your boy loses, huh?
Seamorbutts
3/29/2014 9:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2014 9:52pm
dantheman wrote:
Pretty sure RC knew he was no longer the fastest in Supercross once James started racing that class... no? If he didn't, I'm sure everyone else...
Pretty sure RC knew he was no longer the fastest in Supercross once James started racing that class... no? If he didn't, I'm sure everyone else did!
I think you might of misunderstood what I was saying. RC hated losing more than anyone else. I'm assuming that RV might be the same in that regards. I could be wrong....
Uncleof2
3/29/2014 9:56pm
visser62 wrote:
He extended his Championship lead by 10 points, in what world is that a loss, he lost to a guy who has nothing to lose and is
chasing wins not Championships. RC4 lost all of his races after Daytona in 05 and 06 and won the championships. Who cares
who wins the race, Champions win Championships. I've never heard of a Winnership. Go RV1Woohoo
Juss
3/29/2014 10:03pm
visser62 wrote:
Uncleof2 wrote:
He extended his Championship lead by 10 points, in what world is that a loss, he lost to a guy who has nothing to lose and...
He extended his Championship lead by 10 points, in what world is that a loss, he lost to a guy who has nothing to lose and is
chasing wins not Championships. RC4 lost all of his races after Daytona in 05 and 06 and won the championships. Who cares
who wins the race, Champions win Championships. I've never heard of a Winnership. Go RV1Woohoo
I hope RV can do it, but I would not cash the check yet. In the last 3 races, JS has made up like 20 points. Anything can happen. Still have 4 races left. Look what happen to RD tonight. JS gets 11 more points up on RV and this thing is going to Vegas!
jeffro503
3/29/2014 10:04pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
RV1 does just what he wants to extend his lead over 2nd place Ryan Dungey on the way to his 4th Championship. Just like RC4 before...
visser62 wrote:
Like uncle said above......why would RV be bummed? He's lost a couple races to a guy who really has no chance at winning the title....AND extending his points lead.

This is how championships get won. What puts huge amounts of money in the bank. Preserves his health and get another notch put up in the record books.

The championship pays about 15X more than what a single race win does. 2nd place pays extremely well to.....so add that with a title.......yeah , I'd say RV is doing pretty dang good right about now.

All I can say is......wait for the outdoors. I think RV will dominate this coming season by more points than any other previous season.

BTW.....great race by James tonight! And smart thinking on RV's part!
Perron75y
3/29/2014 10:14pm
visser62 wrote:
Uncleof2 wrote:
He extended his Championship lead by 10 points, in what world is that a loss, he lost to a guy who has nothing to lose and...
Stew is the best rider this year, poto can have his hardware. At the end of the year all that matters is win count.
Canerat
3/29/2014 10:18pm
Wrong, RV never extended his points lead, technically over Dungey but he did lose 3 points to Stewart. One bad race from RV and JS7 will be right there.

RV has had the least mistakes, therefor he deserves to be the points leader, however, James deserves credit here. He has turned his season around. After the A1 crapper, the string of shit luck in between and the almost flawless performances the last three events, he is my champion.

Stewart is on form and I really hope he will carry this momentum through the outdoors. Bubba is back!
rebus
3/29/2014 10:25pm
Villopoto got beat, plain and simple. Villopoto knows it, Stewart knows it, Villopoto's uncle knows it (that's why he's posting what he's posting), and so do a lot of other people. No shame in losing to Stewart, he's pretty much made every top rider look silly at times.
jeffro503
3/29/2014 10:26pm
visser62 wrote:
Uncleof2 wrote:
Perron75y wrote:
Stew is the best rider this year, poto can have his hardware. At the end of the year all that matters is win count.
You're wrong. James has been better the last 3 races......the first 2/3rd's of the season belonged to RV. Enough that he gapped everyone so badly he doesn't have to worry about taking 2nd's and 3rd's.

"At the end of the year all that matters is win count.".....PFFT haha!. To who? Win counts don't mean jack shit if you don't win the title at the end of the year.
rebus
3/29/2014 10:28pm
visser62 wrote:
Uncleof2 wrote:
Perron75y wrote:
Don't be silly. It's the title that matters.

It will be interesting, however, if Stewart ends up with more wins in the season than RV. I do recall in 2010, Villopoto fans on the internet talking about RV's momentum and wins in an attempt to tarnish Dungey's title.
dantheman
3/29/2014 10:29pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2014 10:30pm
rebus wrote:
Villopoto got beat, plain and simple. Villopoto knows it, Stewart knows it, Villopoto's uncle knows it (that's why he's posting what he's posting), and so do...
Villopoto got beat, plain and simple. Villopoto knows it, Stewart knows it, Villopoto's uncle knows it (that's why he's posting what he's posting), and so do a lot of other people. No shame in losing to Stewart, he's pretty much made every top rider look silly at times.
... nvrmnd
jeffro503
3/29/2014 10:29pm
rebus wrote:
Villopoto got beat, plain and simple. Villopoto knows it, Stewart knows it, Villopoto's uncle knows it (that's why he's posting what he's posting), and so do...
And RV has made everyone look silly the past 4 years when it comes to this racing thing. When RV " is on "......there aint anyone running with him. After he wraps this title up......I think the nationals is going to be a severe schooling lesson.....and RV will be holding classes.

BTW.....just posting that because that is what's been happening for quite some time. No reason to think anything is going to change any time soon.
Uncleof2
3/29/2014 10:31pm
visser62 wrote:
Uncleof2 wrote:
Perron75y wrote:
Really, do realize how stupid that sounds. I am appreciating the way JS7 is riding this year and he is definitely on top of his
game, but his fans do him no favors by spouting the things they say. JS7 is the FMOTP when he rides at 110% and he is also
good for a crash every 5 races at that pace. Lots of wins and few championships and that is his legacy. If he is happy with
that then so am I. One of the best to throw a leg over a dirtbike, but not nearly the best.
hjonesi
3/29/2014 10:32pm
visser62 wrote:
Uncleof2 wrote:
Perron75y wrote:
Not true... Do you remember how many wins Stewart had in '06 or that RC won the ship? Stewart has been the fastest rider this year and was one unlucky break away from being a true threat (we can all agree Stewart had a great shot at A1) but at this point, he needs riders putting space between him in first and RV in 10th for about three races in a row. Not likely short of a mechanical, injury or trip the the E.R. for RV. Stewart is RVs only capable challenger right now.
3/29/2014 10:32pm
RV fanboys don't want to admit it, but everyone that watched that race could see that Villopoto was trying to beat James. Stewart was the better man tonight. Imagine what could have been if Alessi and Josh Hill hadn't crashed on front of James this year.
Juss
3/29/2014 10:35pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
visser62 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Like uncle said above......why would RV be bummed? He's lost a couple races to a guy who really has no chance at winning the title....AND extending...
Like uncle said above......why would RV be bummed? He's lost a couple races to a guy who really has no chance at winning the title....AND extending his points lead.

This is how championships get won. What puts huge amounts of money in the bank. Preserves his health and get another notch put up in the record books.

The championship pays about 15X more than what a single race win does. 2nd place pays extremely well to.....so add that with a title.......yeah , I'd say RV is doing pretty dang good right about now.

All I can say is......wait for the outdoors. I think RV will dominate this coming season by more points than any other previous season.

BTW.....great race by James tonight! And smart thinking on RV's part!
You really think RV is going to kill it that bad in MX this year? I think he will win the title, but I do think JS7 will bring it this year. I think RV is going to have his hands full with JS7 this year, i'm sure JS7 will lawn dart and loose a ton of points, but I don't think its going to be a cake walk. JS7 looks to be in pretty damn good shape now. Last year he had to nurse that knee all year.
rebus
3/29/2014 10:37pm
rebus wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
And RV has made everyone look silly the past 4 years when it comes to this racing thing. When RV " is on "......there aint anyone...
And RV has made everyone look silly the past 4 years when it comes to this racing thing. When RV " is on "......there aint anyone running with him. After he wraps this title up......I think the nationals is going to be a severe schooling lesson.....and RV will be holding classes.

BTW.....just posting that because that is what's been happening for quite some time. No reason to think anything is going to change any time soon.
RV has made the best look silly, there's no doubting that. But do you honestly think RV wanted to be passed by Stewart, title on the line or not? I sure don't.

When Stewart is on, I think he's nearly unbeatable. It's pretty much been the trademark of his career. And that's just my personal opinion. I respect yours just as well because RV is damn good. It's just good bench racing!
jeffro503
3/29/2014 10:38pm
You guys don't get what wins championships do you? Why push the pace against some guy who has no chance at winning the title? That's stupid to think " You would race him ".......when in fact if you had millions riding on the outcome of the season....and wrapping up the title......." You would NOT race him! ".....and you would be considered retarded for even trying.

RV has plain and simple been the FMOTP for the past 4yrs. This is why he wins just about every single series. He takes his 2nd , 3rd , 4th place finishes when he needs to. Hell......he'll get taken down in the first corner and come out 21st........and still get a 4th. " Push it when you need to.....don't when you don't ".
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
3/29/2014 10:40pm
Villopoto is about to become the second person ever to get 4 SX championships in a row. No way I'd throw that away for a race win
dantheman
3/29/2014 10:40pm
rebus wrote:
RV has made the best look silly, there's no doubting that. But do you honestly think RV wanted to be passed by Stewart, title on the...
RV has made the best look silly, there's no doubting that. But do you honestly think RV wanted to be passed by Stewart, title on the line or not? I sure don't.

When Stewart is on, I think he's nearly unbeatable. It's pretty much been the trademark of his career. And that's just my personal opinion. I respect yours just as well because RV is damn good. It's just good bench racing!
When Stewart is "on" and keeps it rubber side down... NOBODY has anything for him. In any ERA! I attribute that to him being fearless on the bike.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
3/29/2014 10:41pm
Wow.

I have the hardest time figuring out which fantards are worse, JS or RV's.
3/29/2014 10:41pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
jeffro503
3/29/2014 10:42pm
rebus wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
And RV has made everyone look silly the past 4 years when it comes to this racing thing. When RV " is on "......there aint anyone...

rebus wrote:
RV has made the best look silly, there's no doubting that. But do you honestly think RV wanted to be passed by Stewart, title on the...

" I think " RV definitely didn't want to get passed by Stewart,.........BUT , I also think that when it comes down to giving that extra 1-3% of putting yourself on the edge to win a " Single race "......the negatives out weigh the positives. Meaning.....it wouldn't be smart to push the race speeds like that.....with a 35 point lead.

If the gap was like 5 points.........you would be seeing a different RV out there. The same RV we have been seeing for the past 4yrs when he is close in points with someone........he basically hammers anyone and everyone.
dantheman
3/29/2014 10:44pm
^^^ Last year Atlanta, James won and RV didn't put up a fight? Did he?
dantheman
3/29/2014 10:46pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Wow.

I have the hardest time figuring out which fantards are worse, JS or RV's.
Isn't it your bedtime? Either pick a bitchy fanboi side and post some shit, or pack it on for the night brutha'!!! Tongue

Post a reply to: RV1 extends Championship lead

The Latest