Fantasy
944th
2/11/2014 11:58am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2014 11:59am
That whip towards the end looked cool.

Watching that GoPro vid...those guys make it look so easy,just flowing. Smile
Awesome vid.
jeffro503
2/11/2014 12:04pm
What an awesome friggin video! Cool idea having both of the helmet cams meshed together as one video too! Those two guys = skills for days!

The Shop

disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
2/11/2014 12:26pm
That's just like I do it on Reflex.
TDeath21
2/11/2014 12:46pm
That was risky for James to cut down on the turn just after the 1:00 mark on the first lap. He was definitely going for it and didn't want to waste any time in 2nd place.
EricY
2/11/2014 12:48pm
It's pretty awesome seeing Stewart cut down those corners so sharp in the beginning.
put_chug
2/11/2014 1:03pm
EricY wrote:
It's pretty awesome seeing Stewart cut down those corners so sharp in the beginning.
That is exactly what seemed to give him the advantage and the lead.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
2/11/2014 1:04pm
TDeath21 wrote:
That was risky for James to cut down on the turn just after the 1:00 mark on the first lap. He was definitely going for it...
That was risky for James to cut down on the turn just after the 1:00 mark on the first lap. He was definitely going for it and didn't want to waste any time in 2nd place.
How was that risky? They weren't even close Huh
TDeath21
2/11/2014 1:08pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2014 1:10pm
TDeath21 wrote:
That was risky for James to cut down on the turn just after the 1:00 mark on the first lap. He was definitely going for it...
gsxrcr28 wrote:
The whole pack was bunched up like they always are early in the race. There could have easily been someone there on the inside that Stewart hit while squaring up the turn. Huh
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
2/11/2014 1:12pm
TDeath21 wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
The whole pack was bunched up like they always are early in the race. There could have easily been someone there on the inside that Stewart...
The whole pack was bunched up like they always are early in the race. There could have easily been someone there on the inside that Stewart hit while squaring up the turn. Huh
Can I kindly ask about your racing experience? I often wonder about it when I read your posts.
TDeath21
2/11/2014 1:22pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
The whole pack was bunched up like they always are early in the race. There could have easily been someone there on the inside that Stewart...
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Can I kindly ask about your racing experience? I often wonder about it when I read your posts.
What makes you wonder about it? Because I have a differing opinion than you on some things?
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
2/11/2014 1:24pm
TDeath21 wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
What makes you wonder about it? Because I have a differing opinion than you on some things?
To put it nicely, yes.
TDeath21
2/11/2014 1:35pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
To put it nicely, yes.
Well aren't you just a nice guy. In your expert, professional racing opinion, you don't think it was risky at all for James to cut down that hard in the third turn of the race?

Keep in mind I didn't even say anything bad, but you always love to quote my posts and ridicule anything I say, no matter what it might be.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
2/11/2014 2:05pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2014 2:07pm
TDeath21 wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
To put it nicely, yes.
TDeath21 wrote:
Well aren't you just a nice guy. In your expert, professional racing opinion, you don't think it was risky at all for James to cut down...
Well aren't you just a nice guy. In your expert, professional racing opinion, you don't think it was risky at all for James to cut down that hard in the third turn of the race?

Keep in mind I didn't even say anything bad, but you always love to quote my posts and ridicule anything I say, no matter what it might be.
Is this what you are talking about?
When he dove inside in that corner and then whipped it and passed RV over the triple?
At first sight from the TV cameras ...it looked like he was putting his knobby into the side of RV's helmet. lol
But when they landed....there was quite a bit of room between them.
But looked neat in the air.

TDeath21
2/11/2014 2:26pm
FastEddy wrote:
Is this what you are talking about? When he dove inside in that corner and then whipped it and passed RV over the triple? At first...
Is this what you are talking about?
When he dove inside in that corner and then whipped it and passed RV over the triple?
At first sight from the TV cameras ...it looked like he was putting his knobby into the side of RV's helmet. lol
But when they landed....there was quite a bit of room between them.
But looked neat in the air.

No I was talking about the turn before the whoops where he turned down hard after the rhythm. There could have easily been someone there on the inside when they're all bunched up on the first lap. Villopoto and Stewart both take risks like that on the opening laps to improve their position. Risky but effective most of the time.
2/11/2014 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2014 3:54pm
These guys have a very good feel for where other riders are, etc (sounds, vibration, shadows). If by some miracle someone was there...James would not have made that move. He would have just fallen in line behind RV. Your assumption that he was making that move no matter what, is pretty far off base. He knew where other riders were...just as RV knew exactly where James was.

That turndown technique is very LOW risk, because James shortens the track, and still exits with the same speed as the guys who do not shorten the track. He has been using that a LOT this year. He follows a guy in, turns down, and shortens...and gains a bit. Then he does it again...gains a bit...then he has em. It is not a one corner pass....it is 2,3 corner set up. How do you defend it? If you block....James just goes wide on entry, and probably gets you in one turn. That pass on RV was not made in one corner...it was made over 3...and that scrub was the final bit to get by. He did it to Dungey at Oakland. Compare it for instance to the way Barcia passes. JB has a lot to learn.

Crossing his line up on the dragons back to move across the track and set up for the next corner was about the only marginally 'risky' thing we saw James do all night.

James is really working the corners well right now. He even had RV covered on that flat corner...which is often RVs strongest point. He exist speed off that turn down is incredible. I think it (A1, SD....but maybe not quite Oakland) is as good as he has ever ridden.
jeffro503
2/11/2014 3:38pm
I'll tell ya what wigs me out...........when these guys are going through big timing sections or triples and so forth....3 wide.....rubbin' elbows..and never letting off the throttle! Fucking crazy AND cool all at the same time! Love it!
2/11/2014 3:50pm
That's the beauty of this sport. The edge these guys are racing on is razer sharp. 1 Mistake from either of them and their careers could be over. But that does not seem to bother them, they just go all out.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
2/11/2014 3:53pm
What was the little post on the inside of the "Hip Jump" made of? James was mighty close to touching it...Blink
dantheman
2/11/2014 3:55pm
Not to get into an argument, or debate, but my gut feeling is that James has always had superior Supercross skills compared to... well, ANYONE!

Awesome video.
blusmbl
2/11/2014 4:06pm
That whip was straight dirty. Super cool to see he was about as excited as a kid on Christmas morning after taking the checkers.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
2/11/2014 4:13pm
blusmbl wrote:
That whip was straight dirty. Super cool to see he was about as excited as a kid on Christmas morning after taking the checkers.
Hearing the crowd cheer during the battles, and James' excitement after the chequers, gave me butterflies.Cool
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
2/11/2014 4:28pm
These guys have a very good feel for where other riders are, etc (sounds, vibration, shadows). If by some miracle someone was there...James would not have...
These guys have a very good feel for where other riders are, etc (sounds, vibration, shadows). If by some miracle someone was there...James would not have made that move. He would have just fallen in line behind RV. Your assumption that he was making that move no matter what, is pretty far off base. He knew where other riders were...just as RV knew exactly where James was.

That turndown technique is very LOW risk, because James shortens the track, and still exits with the same speed as the guys who do not shorten the track. He has been using that a LOT this year. He follows a guy in, turns down, and shortens...and gains a bit. Then he does it again...gains a bit...then he has em. It is not a one corner pass....it is 2,3 corner set up. How do you defend it? If you block....James just goes wide on entry, and probably gets you in one turn. That pass on RV was not made in one corner...it was made over 3...and that scrub was the final bit to get by. He did it to Dungey at Oakland. Compare it for instance to the way Barcia passes. JB has a lot to learn.

Crossing his line up on the dragons back to move across the track and set up for the next corner was about the only marginally 'risky' thing we saw James do all night.

James is really working the corners well right now. He even had RV covered on that flat corner...which is often RVs strongest point. He exist speed off that turn down is incredible. I think it (A1, SD....but maybe not quite Oakland) is as good as he has ever ridden.
Well said.

Back on topic, that video is awesome. The talent of the top guys racing at that speed is amazing to watch.
2/11/2014 4:45pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/02/11/45135/s1200_Picture_1.jpg[/img]
^^ Who's that running across the track??? Boy's lucky he didn't cause an accident.

Also, from Stewart's RacerX Conversation: "I was kind of cutting that corner close over there before the finish line. I kind of tagged that little pole a few times."

Post a reply to: RV vs James GoPro SD

The Latest