RV training at Lommel

3/23/2015 11:09am
@ Ripper02,

back on page 4 you mentioned "According to RV's practice bike mechanic...."

Is RV's practice bike mechanic Bo Rasmussen? Do you know? Just curious - that's all.
Ripper02
3/23/2015 11:20am
@ Ripper02, back on page 4 you mentioned "According to RV's practice bike mechanic...." Is RV's practice bike mechanic Bo Rasmussen? Do you know? Just curious...
@ Ripper02,

back on page 4 you mentioned "According to RV's practice bike mechanic...."

Is RV's practice bike mechanic Bo Rasmussen? Do you know? Just curious - that's all.
No the guy I was talking about is Tanner Ellingsen. Never heard the name you mentioned.
Outsider
3/23/2015 11:36am
Just watching that vid again.. yes, it's an off week.. he really doesn't look bad at all. He well do well when it counts, imo
Ripper02
3/23/2015 11:54am
Outsider wrote:
Just watching that vid again.. yes, it's an off week.. he really doesn't look bad at all. He well do well when it counts, imo
That's what I thought, he actually looks pretty good for his second time there. I know he went back a few days after that vid was taken and more than a couple people said he was looking really good. Now I know someone is gonna come and say that someone told them that he looked like shit or whatever, but RV's crew seems confident about how his sand training is going this far. Either way it seems like he has really been focusing on the sand for the last few weeks so that's cool to see.

The Shop

3/23/2015 11:59am
Would be nive to have Nagl, Herlings, Villopoto and other's lap times. Apparently, the guy who film this said that RV was looking good.
Glory
3/23/2015 12:03pm
Glory wrote:
Yes that's Lommel mate ;) Can someone link the videos from Lierop floating around?
Yes that's Lommel mate Wink

Can someone link the videos from Lierop floating around?
Ripper02 wrote:
I guess it was Eindhoven or Veldhoven, not Leirop. My bad. RV and Jeffrey were still both there though.

http://instagram.com/p/0kuWgqICBW/
http://instagram.com/p/0k1X6zoCPV/
Sweet thanks. Nice to see him putt in som hours in the sand. When he'll leave to go back to the states im sure he'll miss it Cool
Aryen
3/23/2015 12:18pm
Glory wrote:
Yes that's Lommel mate ;) Can someone link the videos from Lierop floating around?
Yes that's Lommel mate Wink

Can someone link the videos from Lierop floating around?
Ripper02 wrote:
I guess it was Eindhoven or Veldhoven, not Leirop. My bad. RV and Jeffrey were still both there though.

http://instagram.com/p/0kuWgqICBW/
http://instagram.com/p/0k1X6zoCPV/
Yeah that's the Landsard in Eindhoven. Right next to the airport.

Funny that so many people keep saying RV has time to prepare for Lommel when Valkenswaard is next month. Not the same as Lommel but still a real sandtrack.
mumhra
3/23/2015 12:38pm
Bearuno wrote:
I haven't been to Lommel in a while - but that track doesn't look like it. Buildings are unfamiliar, tunnel under jump, tree lines and parking...
I haven't been to Lommel in a while - but that track doesn't look like it.

Buildings are unfamiliar, tunnel under jump, tree lines and parking area not familiar, grass in the background, etc, etc. Of course, buildings can be built, a 'dozer can push sand up over a concrete tube / box, and ground can be left fallow . And Lommel, is literally, just a expanse of flat sand, in an industrial estate, that gets pushed around into a track. Sounds piss poor, but is an awesome track.

Locals - Anyone, is this really Lommel?

As for all of this about RV not being able to ride Lommel well? Well, I'm no USA, USA chanter, nor a RV luuuurver, or hater, but he's got until August 2, and he'll probably have hundreds of laps in at the track by then . And, a shedload of those will probably be late in the week / after local / national races.

What will be the difficulty, as in all of the races, are the riders he's racing against. They are not the same blokes he's raced against for years. Especially on a track like Lommel.

Valkenswaard should be good - especially if it's cold, and the ground underneath the top layer of sand is frozen......... Aye Carumbah, that holds some surprises, for all and sundry.

How Luongo has conned the Assen promoters into doing that race, there, is beyond me. All they have to look at is the abysmal turn out of spectators at Lausitzring (?) in 2013. People voted with their wallets, and didn't go to it. Actually, it was a reasonable track, but the sports followers, went "F*** You, Giuseppe" and went to other GPs / or the MXDN at Teutschenthal . After paying Luongo's / Youthstreams 'fees', I think there are buggerall sources of income from the event, for any of the promoters, other than gate takings.
Yes, that really is Lommel. Back in 2012 they did a lot of work on the track for the mxon. Before that the track was located higher then the ground around it which made it very bad for spectators. In 2012 they expected a lot of people and they turned it around. Now the grounds around the track are higher then the track itself.
And yes, there is grass these days. No idea where that came from lol. Before it was just a desert.

RV can indeed practice a lot before the race in Lommel but he won't win. Just like AC won't win Glen Helen. Those tracks seem to be made for their opponent. All they have to do is score points at those races. Let the opponent win the GP, just score as many points as possible. Someone said RV will finish 2nd at Lommel. That is possible yes. It would be a very big achievment, but it is possible.
Rumple4skin
3/23/2015 10:49pm
@overthebars39: "All I have been saying is that the GP is no less competitive then the US series." Seriously? The GPs don't even fill every gate. Of course, my comment is probably why we get booed at the MXdN right?
kongols
3/23/2015 11:11pm
@overthebars39: "All I have been saying is that the GP is no less competitive then the US series." Seriously? The GPs don't even fill every gate...
@overthebars39: "All I have been saying is that the GP is no less competitive then the US series." Seriously? The GPs don't even fill every gate. Of course, my comment is probably why we get booed at the MXdN right?
Do you know why GP`s doesn`t fill every gate? It costs shit load of money to enter. AND it`s only teams who can enter.
3/24/2015 12:21am
Darn, He is going to have to improve a hell of a lot to be competitive in the sand. Looked like he was trying to change his style to adapt. But he would barely make top 8 at that speed. I am an RV fan and want him to win the title. But just saying what I see. If you disagree, watch Lommel at MXoN. Cairoli and Herlings tend to have that front wheel high every where only dropping it to make bumps into little rythems.

Even the preseason race I think it was the Italian Nationals the track that Paulin won on. Watch that. It is about as rough as this.
3/24/2015 1:19am
@overthebars39: "All I have been saying is that the GP is no less competitive then the US series." Seriously? The GPs don't even fill every gate...
Are you serious?Unsure
Rumple4skin
3/24/2015 3:10am
I am actually. But which part specifically were you referring to?
Rumple4skin
3/24/2015 3:19am
Kongols, I'm very aware of that. But that wasn't the point. I wish it wasn't like that. I think it's criminal and it benefits nobody but those running the series. The point is that all the gates aren't filled at every round. Regardless of the reason why, you can't argue that this fact alone means the GPs are not as competitive as the nationals here. Simple mathematics if nothing else. I imagine if the blatant greed were purged from the GPs that wouldn't be the case. Hell, if it weren't a global series and individuals could race without ridiculous cost to enter, I wouldn't be able to say that.
kongols
3/24/2015 6:41am Edited Date/Time 3/24/2015 6:45am
Kongols, I'm very aware of that. But that wasn't the point. I wish it wasn't like that. I think it's criminal and it benefits nobody but...
Kongols, I'm very aware of that. But that wasn't the point. I wish it wasn't like that. I think it's criminal and it benefits nobody but those running the series. The point is that all the gates aren't filled at every round. Regardless of the reason why, you can't argue that this fact alone means the GPs are not as competitive as the nationals here. Simple mathematics if nothing else. I imagine if the blatant greed were purged from the GPs that wouldn't be the case. Hell, if it weren't a global series and individuals could race without ridiculous cost to enter, I wouldn't be able to say that.
Here is a entry list for European championship 250 cc and 125 cc, that runs on a same day as GP`s. Same track.

http://www.mxgp.com/news/official-entries-make-extraordinary-european-championship-0

There is a lot more entries than 100 for 250`s, but 100 is the limit.
Robgvx
3/24/2015 6:51am
kongols wrote:
Here is a entry list for European championship 250 cc and 125 cc, that runs on a same day as GP`s. Same track. [url=http://www.mxgp.com/news/official-entries-make-extraordinary-european-championship-0]http://www.mxgp.com/news/official-entries-make-extraordinary-european-championship-0[/url] There is...
Here is a entry list for European championship 250 cc and 125 cc, that runs on a same day as GP`s. Same track.

http://www.mxgp.com/news/official-entries-make-extraordinary-european-championship-0

Less than a third of the price.
RY4N37
3/24/2015 7:34am
kongols wrote:
Here is a entry list for European championship 250 cc and 125 cc, that runs on a same day as GP`s. Same track. [url=http://www.mxgp.com/news/official-entries-make-extraordinary-european-championship-0]http://www.mxgp.com/news/official-entries-make-extraordinary-european-championship-0[/url] There is...

Robgvx wrote:
Less than a third of the price.
Something occurred to me the other day. They take close to €60,000 EVERY weekend in entry fees from just MXGP and MX2. How can that be justified? How can they take that much money and not offer up any of it as prize money? Then you have the EMX classes which have a reasonable entry fee and they are absolutely stacked out. GL must realise this, I think the problem is that he is trying to create a championship based on the same blueprint as MotoGP. Which simply will not work

Post a reply to: RV training at Lommel

The Latest