RV training at Lommel

DonM
3/20/2015 7:15pm
Ripper02 wrote:
All I know is that Tanner hardly ever posts or answer questions on social media, so if RV just got completely smoked out there today by...
All I know is that Tanner hardly ever posts or answer questions on social media, so if RV just got completely smoked out there today by Herlings I really doubt that he woulda posted what he did. Now even though their best lap times were the same, I still have to assume that Jeffrey was still probably faster as he is probably the best rider in the world around Lommel. But for RV to be that close on his 3rd day on the track, I think he's gonna be alright.
ATKpilot99 wrote:
RY43N7 is frantically scouring social media looking for posts disputing this.
RY4N37 wrote:
Why would I do that? I trust my sources, nothing I could hear about 1 day of practice at Lommel could ever make me think that...
Why would I do that? I trust my sources, nothing I could hear about 1 day of practice at Lommel could ever make me think that RV would be the same speed as Herlings on Aug 2nd
Seriously? your sources are a random post by some douche on FB that has an agenda to discredit RV at every opportunity....but you're not like that...
jeffro503
3/20/2015 7:26pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2015 7:27pm
pilotdude wrote:
I guess I'm still trying to figure out what the fuss is all about. 1. RV and JH are not racing the same class this year...
I guess I'm still trying to figure out what the fuss is all about.

1. RV and JH are not racing the same class this year.

2. Even if they were, this was not a race of any kind.

3. Herlings is known for his prowess in the sand, so it would surprise me at all if he was faster there, especially considering the amount of time he has ridden on that particular track.

As a huge fan of RV, none of this bothers me at all. The man just won the overall in his 2nd GP ever, coming off a major knee surgery, with a new team, on a new continent/all new tracks.

I think he is doing just fine, regardless of what was or wasn't done at Lommel the other day. Maybe more than fine.
Hut wrote:
Yep!
I'd say Pilot nailed it on that one.

Sheeesh......why so much emphasis on just Lommel? The GP riders are really good ( actually great! ) in the sand......it's what a lot of them grew up riding. So if RV can just score some descent points I think all should be happy. He has like what...6 months to train in that sand....plenty of time to get some good speed figured out , and I'm 100% positive he'll score some good points there.
Juss
3/20/2015 7:43pm
So all the Euros have just 1 or 2 sand tracks to hold on too? WTF? I bet money RV is top 3 for sure & AC is not going to gain shit in points at this 1 sand track. We do happen to have sand here in the USA. I take you to some sand dunes with way deeper sand than that track.

The Shop

RandyS
3/20/2015 9:25pm
I didn't read all the replies but if Herlings was dramatically faster than RV today then I hope he is there to kick his ass every time RV goes out to practice between now and Aug 30th.
500guy
3/20/2015 9:28pm
I can only imagine that this is a big reason the top guy's practice on private tracks with minimal or no press.

WTF a guy can't just go ride and test without being analyzed to death,

When the gate drops the Bullshit Stops.
RY4N37
3/21/2015 2:09am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
RY43N7 is frantically scouring social media looking for posts disputing this.
RY4N37 wrote:
Why would I do that? I trust my sources, nothing I could hear about 1 day of practice at Lommel could ever make me think that...
Why would I do that? I trust my sources, nothing I could hear about 1 day of practice at Lommel could ever make me think that RV would be the same speed as Herlings on Aug 2nd
DonM wrote:
Seriously? your sources are a random post by some douche on FB that has an agenda to discredit RV at every opportunity....but you're not like that...
No. My source is not some douche on Facebook, that's where the information came from originally, but I have heard more to confirm it. It doesn't matter anyway, we'll see where he is in the races
Trav138
3/21/2015 2:54am
I like how Marc de Rouver steps in on this dorks digs at RV
This just shows the the GP riders and teams respect the shit out of RV while the GP fanboys and GP journo all want to see him fail and every little dig they can come up with it 's put out there, even if it makes no sense at all.
rV will rise above it and be successful there
shuggs
3/21/2015 3:49am
RandyS wrote:
I didn't read all the replies but if Herlings was dramatically faster than RV today then I hope he is there to kick his ass every...
I didn't read all the replies but if Herlings was dramatically faster than RV today then I hope he is there to kick his ass every time RV goes out to practice between now and Aug 30th.
Could be the best thing for him, nothing like a target to make you push
Crush
3/21/2015 4:13am
Just got a little aroused thinking about the GP this weekend... SX is really jumping the shark this last few races, the leaders are all on cruise mode.

Bearuno
3/21/2015 4:44am
Crush wrote:
Just got a little aroused thinking about the GP this weekend... SX is really jumping the shark this last few races, the leaders are all on...
Just got a little aroused thinking about the GP this weekend... SX is really jumping the shark this last few races, the leaders are all on cruise mode.

You're a strange cove, Crush.

SX, to me, "jumped the shark", decades ago. I still watch it, and appreciate the riders' skill and bravery, but, to me, it's always been the circus, compared to Motocross.
shuggs
3/21/2015 5:20am
Crush wrote:
Just got a little aroused thinking about the GP this weekend... SX is really jumping the shark this last few races, the leaders are all on...

What GP? Argentina is next week....
DonM
3/21/2015 5:35am
RY4N37 wrote:
DonM wrote:
RY4N37 wrote:
No. My source is not some douche on Facebook, that's where the information came from originally, but I have heard more to confirm it. It doesn't...
No. My source is not some douche on Facebook, that's where the information came from originally, but I have heard more to confirm it. It doesn't matter anyway, we'll see where he is in the races
Confirm? you weren't there it's hearsay and it doesn't matter...I still don't understand why you feel the need to continuously post rumor and speculation and you claim you're not a troll.
You are like a little 14 old girl having a hissy over who is better looking in your favorite boy band!
And your little second hand IG video that was all of 2 seconds long claiming how much faster Herlings was...you don't post that shit without an agenda...
Just stop already you're making yourself look bad.
RY4N37
3/21/2015 7:04am
DonM wrote:
RY4N37 wrote:
No. My source is not some douche on Facebook, that's where the information came from originally, but I have heard more to confirm it. It doesn't...
DonM wrote:
Confirm? you weren't there it's hearsay and it doesn't matter...I still don't understand why you feel the need to continuously post rumor and speculation and you...
Confirm? you weren't there it's hearsay and it doesn't matter...I still don't understand why you feel the need to continuously post rumor and speculation and you claim you're not a troll.
You are like a little 14 old girl having a hissy over who is better looking in your favorite boy band!
And your little second hand IG video that was all of 2 seconds long claiming how much faster Herlings was...you don't post that shit without an agenda...
Just stop already you're making yourself look bad.
It's only the same as someone coming in posting that they heard that RV was as fast as Herlings yesterday. It was related to the threads I posted it in, and it was something that I had genuinely heard and later had conformation of, I didn't make it up, if I had then that would be trolling. At the end of the day I trust who I heard it from, if you don't then that's fine, we'll wait till the racing comes around and see where he is. As far as the Twitter link to the video I posted was concerned, I posted just the link nothing else, people can make their own conclusions and opinions on it. What I have done is no different to what several other people have done on here. It's a forum, it's a place where people can come and give their opinion, post stuff they've heard whether it's gospel or gossip. Stop getting your panties in a twist, how fast RV is in the sand at this point means nothing, but it's still interesting, and I thought it was worth posting
hvaughn88
3/21/2015 7:09am
Some of you guys act like you're the actual ones competing for the world title. What skin do yall have in the game?
DPR250R
3/21/2015 7:24am
hvaughn88 wrote:
Some of you guys act like you're the actual ones competing for the world title. What skin do yall have in the game?
So far... about $14. Worth every penny too! I honestly can't wait for next weekend. I hope everyone stays healthy and the battle goes to the last round! (TP vs. SR - 2000 AMA 125cc Nats Style)
Hut
3/21/2015 7:25am
hvaughn88 wrote:
Thanks, now I just feel silly.

Zracer
3/21/2015 9:32am
So thats why he lost the 2nd moto? Thanks for clearing that one up Doc. You guys on both sides of this thing crack me up. Btw Herlings is definitely faster than RV in the sand "at the moment".
RY4N37
3/21/2015 9:49am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2015 9:50am
Zracer wrote:
So thats why he lost the 2nd moto? Thanks for clearing that one up Doc. You guys on both sides of this thing crack me up...
So thats why he lost the 2nd moto? Thanks for clearing that one up Doc. You guys on both sides of this thing crack me up. Btw Herlings is definitely faster than RV in the sand "at the moment".
At the moment and in my opinion forever. No one can ride in the sand like Herlings can
mumhra
3/21/2015 10:02am
Trav138 wrote:
I like how Marc de Rouver steps in on this dorks digs at RV This just shows the the GP riders and teams respect the shit...
This just shows the the GP riders and teams respect the shit out of RV while the GP fanboys and GP journo all want to see him fail and every little dig they can come up with it 's put out there, even if it makes no sense at all.
Really ? Do you even bother to read our posts ? Every GP fan, bar maybe a few, have a lot of respect for RV and they all think RV has a big chance to win the world title. Ofcourse, there are a few knuckleheads but i also see some Americans who do just the same. They look down on the GP series. A week ago i even made a post about how the riders seem to have a lot of respect for eachother and how i think it is laughable that the fans don't seem to have respect for the riders or the other fans. It's pathetic...

Now for RV in the sand. I live only 25 miles from Lommel. I have seen Ryan ride. Believe me, he needs practice.... a lot of practice. But there is nothing wrong with that. Let him practice on it. He can only get better.

In this thread someone wrote a post about no need to practice for Lommel. There is only 1 real sand GP this year (this plays in the hand of RV) and maybe it is better not to pay to much attention to it and not practice to much for that one race.
Well... Stefan Everts once said : "It's not an your good days that you become a world champion, it's on your bad days". If you have a good day you win the race. If you have a super good day you win the race with a minute advantage on your opponents. But that makes no difference. You only win 25 points. It does not matter if you win by a minute or a only a second.
But on your bad days, that's when you have to switch to damage control. A bad day can be when you feel a bit ill, or when you don't like the track, the weather, or even the track surface. On those days you have to score as many points as possible. Score a lot of points and you will become world champion. Throw in the towel and you won't.

I think it is fair to say that the most difficult GP for RV will be Lommel, as long as Lierop will not take the place of the Brazilian GP. Not because i think he can't ride in the sand but because he is not used to it. All the riders that have riden a GP in Lommel before know what to expect. Ryan doesn't. Therefor, on that day, Ryan will have to switch to damage control. On that day he must score as many points as possible. And in order to do that, he needs to practice as much as possible on that track.
Normally, he should be able to finish inside the top 5. Maybe with a bit of practice he can podium it. That would be an awesome result for him and it just might bring him the world title.
3/21/2015 10:53am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2015 10:54am
Trav138 wrote:
I like how Marc de Rouver steps in on this dorks digs at RV This just shows the the GP riders and teams respect the shit...
And vice-versa Smile

Or wait, let's not pull ALL the fans into this idiotic statement.
3/21/2015 10:56am
hvaughn88 wrote:
This cesspit is all they have.
Robgvx
3/21/2015 11:03am
How is this not everything that you accuse GP fans of doing, only ten times worse?

Do we see GP fans saying:

"Cairoli will have it figured out and stomp the U.S.' best"

"You saw what Cairoli did to RV last time in the second moto"

"The only reason Cairoli lost the first moto was because he [insert excuse of your choice here]"

"You RV fans are in for a long season of Cairoli straight whooping RV's ass"

"You are going to become real quiet after you see the pattern of Cairoli winning race after race"

"The second moto in Thailand is only a glimpse of what is coming"

I don't recall reading stuff like that from GP fans.

3/21/2015 3:04pm
RY4N37 wrote:
The reason people put so much emphasis on it, is because it's a very important race. It could potentially be the race where the gap between...
The reason people put so much emphasis on it, is because it's a very important race. It could potentially be the race where the gap between Cairoli and RV is the biggest it is all season. Cairoli will more than likely win both motos because he is an absolute beast in the sand. But behind him you'll have all the top regular GP guys, who are all really good in the sand, plus guys like Simpson, Bengtsson, De Dycker etc, who are all better in the sand than on any other surface. So RV will not have to be far off the pace to be a long way back. If RV goes there and only just manages two top tens, then the number of points he loses to Cairoli could be unrecoverable at that point in the season.
RV going 10-10ish (barring bike failure like rd 1) is laughable! Enjoy your sleep until August dreamer boy!
RY4N37 wrote:
Titan said that he thought RV should just go for a top 10 at Lommel, I was just saying that it's an important race and if...
Titan said that he thought RV should just go for a top 10 at Lommel, I was just saying that it's an important race and if he does do that then he will find it difficult to make up that many points. I think he'll be better than that. But I certainly don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that he's outside the top 5 at Lomme. There's some seriously fast sand riders over here. I could name at least 7 or 8 riders that are capable of a podium there
Strijbos, Big Ken, Coldenhoff, Paulin, Desalle, Van Horebeek, Nagl, Febreve, Bengtsson & Tony are all very capable in the sand of Lommel & Valkensward. RV should consider a 6-10th overall a victory.If he can get out of there with only a 10-15 point loss on the leaders he will still be in the running pointwise.
mumhra
3/21/2015 10:31pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2015 10:48pm
Robgvx wrote:
How is this not everything that you accuse GP fans of doing, only ten times worse? Do we see GP fans saying: "Cairoli will have it...
How is this not everything that you accuse GP fans of doing, only ten times worse?

"The only reason Cairoli lost the first moto was because he [insert excuse of your choice here]"

"You are going to become real quiet after you see the pattern of Cairoli winning race after race"

Looks i'm not the only one who noticed it.
And the sad part is that Keyboardwarriors post are not even the most patriotic (pathetic) i have to read here on vital Sick
But Keyboardwarrior is ok in my book. His posts sometimes are a bit over the top but at least he had the guts to show his face after the GP of Qatar. Some others were hiding under a rock and they stayed there untill after the first moto in Thailand. And when they finally did crawl from under that rock their posts were even worse than Keyboardwarriors.

mumhra
3/21/2015 11:09pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2015 11:10pm
Huh ? Me ? Not at all.
Seamorbutts
3/22/2015 12:15am
Robgvx wrote:
How is this not everything that you accuse GP fans of doing, only ten times worse? Do we see GP fans saying: "Cairoli will have it...

mumhra wrote:
Looks i'm not the only one who noticed it. And the sad part is that Keyboardwarriors post are not even the most patriotic (pathetic) i have...
Looks i'm not the only one who noticed it.
And the sad part is that Keyboardwarriors post are not even the most patriotic (pathetic) i have to read here on vital Sick
But Keyboardwarrior is ok in my book. His posts sometimes are a bit over the top but at least he had the guts to show his face after the GP of Qatar. Some others were hiding under a rock and they stayed there untill after the first moto in Thailand. And when they finally did crawl from under that rock their posts were even worse than Keyboardwarriors.

No way, Zook11 would do nothing of the sort.

Post a reply to: RV training at Lommel

The Latest