RV training at Lommel

Related:
Create New Tag

3/19/2015 12:07 PM

&t=158
|

3/19/2015 12:12 PM

Nice and rough... If a US based SX only rider went to race there, they would likely end up in an ambulance.

|

3/19/2015 12:14 PM

Fat Fingers wrote:

Nice and rough... If a US based SX only rider went to race there, they would likely end up in an ambulance.

only because of all the squids out there with him.

Seriously though, he does not look nearly as fluid as TC does (even if they were both at "testing" pace)

|

3/19/2015 12:17 PM

I'm not sure where he was testing today, looked like maybe Honda Park? But the guys from living for the weekend were there and they said that he was 4 seconds off the pace of Bobryshev

|

3/19/2015 12:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2015 12:55 PM

Didn't look rougher than Southwick

|

in a past life, I was myself

when opportunity knocked, it waited because I was busy

I gave my father a talking to

3/19/2015 12:22 PM

RY4N37 wrote:

I'm not sure where he was testing today, looked like maybe Honda Park? But the guys from living for the weekend were there and ...more

This track is 100% Lommel. Maybe they went to Olmen too, don't know that.

|

3/19/2015 12:25 PM

RY4N37 wrote:

I'm not sure where he was testing today, looked like maybe Honda Park? But the guys from living for the weekend were there and ...more

DeStouwer wrote:

Is this from today though? I know this Vid is Lommel. Living for the weekend posted a vid today of a different track with the caption 'he is looking for 4 seconds to be even with Bobryshev today' I couldn't tell what track it was

|

3/19/2015 12:28 PM

RY4N37 wrote:

Is this from today though? I know this Vid is Lommel. Living for the weekend posted a vid today of a different track with the ...more

This video is from Lommel as OP said. The Facebook video from the living for the weekend guys is from Honda Park.

|

3/19/2015 12:28 PM

RY4N37 wrote:

DeStouwer wrote:

RY4N37 wrote:

Is this from today though? I know this Vid is Lommel. Living for the weekend posted a vid today of a different track with the ...more

Just looked it up, was indeed Honda Park at Olmen. Maybe Lommel was earlier this week, because there was no sunshine today overhere.

|

3/19/2015 12:32 PM

DeStouwer wrote:

RY4N37 wrote:

DeStouwer wrote:

Just looked it up, was indeed Honda Park at Olmen. Maybe Lommel was earlier this week, because there was no sunshine today ...more

I thought so. I'm not massively familiar with the practice tracks over there, but I thought it was Honda Park. 4 seconds is a big gap if true.

Also, didn't think Lommel looked that bad compared to a GP weekend. He's got plenty of time to work on the sand though

|

3/19/2015 12:38 PM

Fat Fingers wrote:

Lol, I wonder where that interview can be found. I'd like to read it again.

|

3/19/2015 12:38 PM

No, he's no Hearlings in the sand, but he has plenty of time to prepare for the sand.

|

3/19/2015 12:47 PM

zehn wrote:

No, he's no Hearlings in the sand, but he has plenty of time to prepare for the sand.

And herlings is no RV in the dirt, or on a SX track.

|

"Victory has a hundred fathers, but defeat is an orphan." ~ John F. Kennedy

3/19/2015 12:49 PM

Fat Fingers wrote:

Do we need to post the video of Herlings first time on a SX track and compare?

When Herlings or Cairoli man up and come over to race in the US we can compare too... Maybe they'll win a AMA national or SX race on their second attempt too like RV with the GPs smile.

|

3/19/2015 12:51 PM

zehn wrote:

zook11 wrote:

And herlings is no RV in the dirt, or on a SX track.

Could you imagine a straight up battle between the two? It would be amazing.

|

3/19/2015 12:56 PM

Fat Fingers wrote:

moto282 wrote:

When Herlings or Cairoli man up and come over ...more

Like Pourcel?

|

3/19/2015 1:13 PM

Fat Fingers wrote:

moto282 wrote:

Well I can't see cairoli doing this but i honestly think herlings might... And if he does i think he has a serious chance at winning his first race never mind second.

|

3/19/2015 1:13 PM

guys quit it already, its getting old ...
Looks like he has a bit of work to do

|

3/19/2015 1:19 PM

RY4N37 wrote:

DeStouwer wrote:

Just looked it up, was indeed Honda Park at Olmen. Maybe Lommel was earlier this week, because there was no sunshine today ...more

RY4N37 wrote:

I thought so. I'm not massively familiar with the practice tracks over there, but I thought it was Honda Park. 4 seconds is a ...more

Wait, how many seconds? You might need to tell us again.

|

3/19/2015 1:42 PM

Fat Fingers wrote:

moto282 wrote:

Track and Trail wrote:

Like Pourcel?

laughing
|

3/19/2015 1:44 PM

Holy sh*t, I was just outside and a plane flew overhead... one of the ones with a banner behind, it Read: "RV 4 seconds slower at Lommel than Gorbachev"! My jaw dropped, wtf... came here to get the scoop.

|

-- "If you can win, move over and let someone by who can't." --

3/19/2015 2:37 PM

just.another.nickname wrote:

Holy sh*t, I was just outside and a plane flew overhead... one of the ones with a banner behind, it Read: "RV 4 seconds slower ...more

laughing you don't belive how fast Putin in this track
|

Power is nothing without control

3/19/2015 2:43 PM

RY4N37 wrote:

I thought so. I'm not massively familiar with the practice tracks over there, but I thought it was Honda Park. 4 seconds is a ...more

Yes and he was 3 seconds off of Uri Testikov, but it's ok , he was within 1.5 seconds of Ivan Van Poppel so he's getting better.

|

3/19/2015 3:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2015 3:17 PM

How anyone can take away anything from watching someone practice is beyond me. Until they're all racing side by side its all mumbo jumbo. With that being said, his bike comes across as being stiff still.. Lol

|

3/19/2015 3:09 PM

Seamorbutts wrote:

How anyone can take away anything from watching someone practice is beyond me. Until they're all racing side by side its all ...more

it was :10 the first time I watched it.. but start it over. it's lik 3 minutes.

|

Dealer and rep for CHILL MX gear.
Dealer for Motoseat.
Dealer for Magura.
If you need anything, email me. 385marketing@gmail.com
I'm glad to help in any way I can.

Http://www.ridechill.com
@ridechill
@clamb385

3/19/2015 3:10 PM

^ Agree. He really didn't look committed in the corners at all. So times mean nothing. Chances are he was testing engine settings or something like that.

|

"The online debates can get silly and then ugly in a hurry." DC

3/19/2015 3:10 PM

Just watched the vid... mught just be me but I think his bike still looks un settled in the really tough sections... Still likes a Rev also!

|

3/19/2015 3:12 PM

Seamorbutts wrote:

How anyone can take away anything from watching someone practice is beyond me. Until they're all racing side by side its all ...more

Craig_Lambrecht wrote:

it was :10 the first time I watched it.. but start it over. it's lik 3 minutes.

I already have watched it all. Thats why I edited my post, thanks..

|

3/19/2015 3:20 PM

Track and Trail wrote:

Like Pourcel?

In the premier class???

|

3/19/2015 3:22 PM

I just love watching these guys rip in the sand wink

|

(I also regret my username,funny at the time "you had to be there..")