RV to Europe

pilotdude
Edited Date/Time 8/19/2014 6:35pm
So says my source who I won't give up. $12 million or so. I asked, "What is the percentage chance he is going?"

Answer: "100%."

We will see.

|
8/14/2014 3:04pm
for the one season on their version of monster kawi?

lot of fucking money
ATKpilot99
It will be nice to see another American win a World Championship.
peelout
as much as i want to be greedy and watch him continue to dominate in the states, i'm excited at the thought that he will be giving the GP's a run. hopefully it's at least a 2 year deal.

that is.... if it's true
8/14/2014 3:05pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2014 3:07pm

Haven't been an RV fan in the past, but I would love to see him go over there. Kid has nothing left to prove here and it seems like he's already closing up shot so why not travel the world and race for a season.

The Shop

Bultaco
8/14/2014 3:06pm
"Show me the money!" eh?

I hope Ryan has some fun and enjoy's his time there.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/14/2014 3:07pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
If he goes, it'll be nice to see another top-level American give it a shot. Here's hoping he gives them the full Ryan Villopoto experience, and that he and the team click.

I don't think it'll be a cakewalk.
CR250Rider
8/14/2014 3:08pm
that'll give me a reason to be interested in the GPs
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
8/14/2014 3:11pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
X2

I would rather him stay here, but it will be great to see him race there also.
It will generate a lot more interest in the GP's from American fans.
nc_mx_kid
8/14/2014 3:12pm
CR250Rider wrote:
that'll give me a reason to be interested in the GPs
agreed, I think more up N coming racers should explore international markets for racing IE Australia, Germany, the GPs, Canada, and other places to earn a living doing what we all love. two wheeled racing!
ATKpilot99
8/14/2014 3:13pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
If he goes, it'll be nice to see another top-level American give it a shot. Here's hoping he gives them the full Ryan Villopoto experience, and...
If he goes, it'll be nice to see another top-level American give it a shot. Here's hoping he gives them the full Ryan Villopoto experience, and that he and the team click.

I don't think it'll be a cakewalk.
WinkCool
Whitey
8/14/2014 3:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2014 3:14pm
It was meant to be "stamp it" he is riding the Nationals this year also, even from his own mouth.

I wont believe anything until they start the series
rcm406
8/14/2014 3:17pm
Whitey wrote:
It was meant to be "stamp it" he is riding the Nationals this year also, even from his own mouth. I wont believe anything until they...
It was meant to be "stamp it" he is riding the Nationals this year also, even from his own mouth.

I wont believe anything until they start the series
Yea, but pilotdude(op) is the first one that said he wouldn't be racing the nationals. He seems to have some pretty good sources!
Sully22
8/14/2014 3:19pm
Would be cool! Definitely would create quite a buzz on the other side of the pond...not to mention here as well. Could you blame him for 12 million? Travel Europe, experience different cultures, see some really cool shit in an amazing part of the world, and do it on kawi's dime...why not?
Jt$
8/14/2014 3:27pm
I don't believe 12 million for a second. If for some reason that was somehow true, he would be the highest paid rider in the history of the sport by a big, big margin.
motomike137
8/14/2014 3:29pm
I don't care what the dollar figure is as long as this is true. I think it would be awesome to see RV do this.
ktm212
8/14/2014 3:36pm
Jt$ wrote:
I don't believe 12 million for a second. If for some reason that was somehow true, he would be the highest paid rider in the history...
I don't believe 12 million for a second. If for some reason that was somehow true, he would be the highest paid rider in the history of the sport by a big, big margin.
and still only pennies compared to ball althletes
Outsider
8/14/2014 3:37pm
Jt$ wrote:
I don't believe 12 million for a second. If for some reason that was somehow true, he would be the highest paid rider in the history...
Yeah, but then you said it wasn't happening as well... WhistlingWink

If it happens, FUCK YEAH!!! So much rather see him do this than stay here anyway. Woohoo

Jt$
8/14/2014 3:41pm
Outsider wrote:
Yeah, but then you said it wasn't happening as well... :whistle: ;) If it happens, FUCK YEAH!!! So much rather see him do this than stay...
Yeah, but then you said it wasn't happening as well... WhistlingWink

If it happens, FUCK YEAH!!! So much rather see him do this than stay here anyway. Woohoo

I still think it doesn't happen in the end but it is certainly closer to happening than I ever expected. There is a lot to this story.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
8/14/2014 3:43pm
Didn't say 12 million for one year, just 12 million to go to Europe. Could be for multiple years, maybe like football contracts that will never get honored, so say it's for 12 million for 4 years but only decides to race 2 years so gets 6 million??
40Plus_922mx
8/14/2014 3:48pm
12 million reasons? I think it's only because of one reason. His initials are ET.
Ing
8/14/2014 3:53pm
12 million reasons? I think it's only because of one reason. His initials are ET.
ET huh? I thought this week it was TC. Week to week basis don't ya know.
BigDaddyG
8/14/2014 3:59pm
RV2 is the baddest dude on the planet and I don't want to see him leave....I wanted to see him get that 5th sx title and win the outdoors again. I know, I am selfish in wanting him to stay.....

I would say, they would see a HUGE spike in tv viewers if he goes over there....and I don't really blame him, get paid millions to race a dirt scooter and see the world.

AC222 is putting up his own money to keep him from coming over, atleast thats what I heard from my unnamed source.
KlootZak
8/14/2014 4:13pm
As long as RV will race next year (and have some fun), I'm glad. I would love to see him killing supercross again but I would really love to see him racing against Cairoli, Desalle, Paulin, Van Horebeek, ...
Titan1
8/14/2014 4:18pm
If he goes, Kawi/Monster should get Luongo to cover some of his salary...the spike in viewers, and interest in the series (in America) would increase about 1000X...

If he goes, I say its because he hates us vitards...the only leg we Americans have to stand on in keep the GP's above the nationals is that no top Americans have left America to race the GP's (while a ton of GP champs have come to America)..so when (if) RV goes, that argument goes out the window and the GP fans steamroll the GP's/AMA debate...thereby making us Vitards lives miserable at the hand of the GP fans (and heaven forbid he actually lose...Vital would expload) lol

If he goes...and IF that 12M is real...I sure hope there is some type of injury clause in the contract...It seems like RV has crashed out of more series than he has completed since he been on the 450...and that would be a ton of money to pay someone that ends up sitting out with injury.

But, this is a sure fire way to write his name in the record books...NOBODY will have done what he did (if he wins a world title).
ChrisB10
8/14/2014 4:29pm
I hope he does go. I have little interest in the GPs right now but would be glued to my TV on Sundays if he was racing.

lestat
8/14/2014 4:30pm
Titan1 wrote:
If he goes, Kawi/Monster should get Luongo to cover some of his salary...the spike in viewers, and interest in the series (in America) would increase about...
If he goes, Kawi/Monster should get Luongo to cover some of his salary...the spike in viewers, and interest in the series (in America) would increase about 1000X...

If he goes, I say its because he hates us vitards...the only leg we Americans have to stand on in keep the GP's above the nationals is that no top Americans have left America to race the GP's (while a ton of GP champs have come to America)..so when (if) RV goes, that argument goes out the window and the GP fans steamroll the GP's/AMA debate...thereby making us Vitards lives miserable at the hand of the GP fans (and heaven forbid he actually lose...Vital would expload) lol

If he goes...and IF that 12M is real...I sure hope there is some type of injury clause in the contract...It seems like RV has crashed out of more series than he has completed since he been on the 450...and that would be a ton of money to pay someone that ends up sitting out with injury.

But, this is a sure fire way to write his name in the record books...NOBODY will have done what he did (if he wins a world title).

I am curious what you mean by this .
Outsider
8/14/2014 4:43pm
Titan1 wrote:
If he goes, Kawi/Monster should get Luongo to cover some of his salary...the spike in viewers, and interest in the series (in America) would increase about...

He crashed out of SX 2010 and ?
smoothwakey
Fantasy
144th
8/14/2014 4:44pm
Titan1 wrote:

lestat wrote:
[b]But, this is a sure fire way to write his name in the record books...NOBODY will have done what he did (if he wins a world...

I am curious what you mean by this .
I think he means, win every premier class title, 450sx 450mx and mx1

Post a reply to: RV to Europe

The Latest