RV speaks again

Jefro98
10/17/2014 10:32am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2014 7:07am
And doesn't seem to worried about his last season on a dirt bike, just wants to enjoy his last season.
Personally I don't believe he just want the enjoy his last sea on, pretty sure he'll do everything to beat Cairoli in his own house.

MXlarge: What is the goal for 2015?
Villopoto: It’s obviously going to be different, but for me I am just going to enjoy this last season, that’s my main goal and to try something new. I am going to have to learn really quick, because racing Antonio and everyone else, I mean you have to draw his name out because he has won so much. I mean it’s going to be a quick learning curve, but it doesn’t have anything to do with the tracks at all, that won’t be a problem for me.

Interview is here: [url]http://www.mxlarge.com/2014/10/17/ryan-villopoto-interview-exclusive/[/…]
|
10/17/2014 10:54am
I've bagged on RV before because I was not excited to see him win every time he went out there. However, I am "super pumped" for this move. I always respected him as a racer and for what he has done, but now I can say that I am a fan of him this year for doing this and trying something out of his element.
motomike137
10/17/2014 11:00am
He's all "I'm just on a racing vacation" right now but wait till the gate drops Cool
10/17/2014 11:04am
if it comes down to a final moto race between RV and AC for the title and RV loses, i'd bet motomike137's testicles that RV would be back in 16.
motomike137
10/17/2014 11:06am
if it comes down to a final moto race between RV and AC for the title and RV loses, i'd bet motomike137's testicles that RV would...
if it comes down to a final moto race between RV and AC for the title and RV loses, i'd bet motomike137's testicles that RV would be back in 16.
LOL!

The Shop

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
10/17/2014 11:08am
He's all "I'm just on a racing vacation" right now but wait till the gate drops Cool
That's what I'm thinking, he's going to be go for that World Champ trophy!

Should be fun to watch.
machine
10/17/2014 11:23am
I'm sorry, but those questions were lame. Sounds like someone from Vital giving the interview....oh wait, It was....Grinning
bsharkey
10/17/2014 11:26am
I just hope Rv is on his A game and healthy!!!! the rest will be epic im sure
davistld01
10/17/2014 11:31am
if it comes down to a final moto race between RV and AC for the title and RV loses, i'd bet motomike137's testicles that RV would...
I called BS on that "it's my last season, win or lose" stuff RV was putting out, trying to sound all chill. RV isn't about to go out a loser, no matter what. I do hope AC is ready for some old fashioned pushing and shoving though. You know how Villopoto rides when he's under pressure...
machine
10/17/2014 11:43am
davistld01 wrote:
I called BS on that "it's my last season, win or lose" stuff RV was putting out, trying to sound all chill. RV isn't about to...
I called BS on that "it's my last season, win or lose" stuff RV was putting out, trying to sound all chill. RV isn't about to go out a loser, no matter what. I do hope AC is ready for some old fashioned pushing and shoving though. You know how Villopoto rides when he's under pressure...
Like a man possessed....Woohoo
Jefro98
10/17/2014 11:43am
gsxrcr28 wrote:

Should be fun to watch.
Agree.
He's just trying a bit to hard to move himself in the underdog position. Laughing
Brent
10/17/2014 12:53pm
"obviously"

count em

BobbyM
10/17/2014 1:04pm
Nope... And he will win in 15
Rooster
10/17/2014 2:17pm
I love this move from RV.

It gives him a chance for a unique legacy in the modern era and it gives the fans a chance to see him compete against a completely different set of rivals.

He mentioned possibly doing it years ago, and I'm stoked to see him being a man of his word and carrying through with it.
TomZ
Fantasy
4294th
10/17/2014 2:25pm
Jefro98 wrote:
And doesn't seem to worried about his last season on a dirt bike, just wants to enjoy his last season. Personally I don't believe he just...
And doesn't seem to worried about his last season on a dirt bike, just wants to enjoy his last season.
Personally I don't believe he just want the enjoy his last sea on, pretty sure he'll do everything to beat Cairoli in his own house.

MXlarge: What is the goal for 2015?
Villopoto: It’s obviously going to be different, but for me I am just going to enjoy this last season, that’s my main goal and to try something new. I am going to have to learn really quick, because racing Antonio and everyone else, I mean you have to draw his name out because he has won so much. I mean it’s going to be a quick learning curve, but it doesn’t have anything to do with the tracks at all, that won’t be a problem for me.

Interview is here: [url]http://www.mxlarge.com/2014/10/17/ryan-villopoto-interview-exclusive/[/…]
Jefro.....

enjoyment = winning. Anything short of that = pissed. RV pissed, usually = winning. Simple huh ?

Did ya get that....I was trying to be crafty there.
jgmxdad251
10/17/2014 4:16pm
BobbyM wrote:
I agree with BobbyM! To bad Herlings couldn't move up next year. You know he wants to race them!
Stoop
Fantasy
1021st
10/17/2014 4:26pm
isnt the last race Gen helen? no way he's losing th last race
10/17/2014 4:37pm
BobbyM wrote:
jgmxdad251 wrote:
I agree with BobbyM! To bad Herlings couldn't move up next year. You know he wants to race them!
Herlings will race MX1 next year. Clamp it!
jgmxdad251
10/17/2014 4:39pm
BobbyM wrote:
jgmxdad251 wrote:
Yea at the end of the year when he has wrapped up the championship five rounds early!WinkWink
Xeno
10/17/2014 7:29pm
They will bump him up to 450s at Glen Helen to double-team RV.
10/17/2014 10:21pm
jgmxdad251 wrote:
jgmxdad251 wrote:
Yea at the end of the year when he has wrapped up the championship five rounds early!WinkWink
Could do. And play a little strategy in the results to help Tony win. Then they get both titles. Again.
Outsider
10/17/2014 10:27pm
davistld01 wrote:
I called BS on that "it's my last season, win or lose" stuff RV was putting out, trying to sound all chill. RV isn't about to...
Hey, remember when RV said in a couple different interviews over the last two years that he'd like to do some GP stuff and everyone called BS and said he was just trying to pump up the Euro fans?

I do.

He will retire after this season, imo.
kongols
10/17/2014 10:32pm
Outsider wrote:
Hey, remember when RV said in a couple different interviews over the last two years that he'd like to do some GP stuff and everyone called...
Hey, remember when RV said in a couple different interviews over the last two years that he'd like to do some GP stuff and everyone called BS and said he was just trying to pump up the Euro fans?

I do.

He will retire after this season, imo.
Yes he will. Stamp it.
I`m already thinking of going to more than one GP. Not sure which one. I want to see RV on a track where he can show full potential. Maybe Maggiagora.
gharmon
10/18/2014 5:54am
In situations like that I like RV's chances. When he has to get it done, has he ever failed to? He handles pressure as good as anyone I have ever seen. Every time he could close out a championship by going for it right then and there and not ride around for two more weeks to clinch, he gets it done (Reed in supercross 3 years ago, Milisaps 2 years ago). He gets the job done!!

All I am hoping for is that he truly wants to go out on top and this isn't a "racing vacation"
gharmon
10/18/2014 5:58am
gsxrcr28 wrote:

Should be fun to watch.
Jefro98 wrote:
Agree.
He's just trying a bit to hard to move himself in the underdog position. Laughing
I think he is to Jefro. I like that tactic also! I just don't know if the rest of the world will buy into it. Kinda hard to buy when you have seen the guy race and want it!! Hell everyone loves the underdog, right?
machine
10/18/2014 7:07am
gsxrcr28 wrote:

Should be fun to watch.
Jefro98 wrote:
Agree.
gharmon wrote:
I think he is to Jefro. I like that tactic also! I just don't know if the rest of the world will buy into it. Kinda...
I think he is to Jefro. I like that tactic also! I just don't know if the rest of the world will buy into it. Kinda hard to buy when you have seen the guy race and want it!! Hell everyone loves the underdog, right?
Yep, fans gravitate towards underdogs, it will definitely make his life easier if the fans like him, just ask Pourcel.

Post a reply to: RV speaks again

The Latest