RV on a YZ125

brocster
3/13/2018 8:46pm
Milestone will split on the vet track every now and then. I guess when some parents ask for it.. Dunno, no rhyme or reason it seems. I often ask myself who the eff sends their kid out on a track on a cobra 50 that is obviously overloaded with big bikes??? It happens more times than you would think.
3/15/2018 12:41am
RV really stopped being relevant when he signed with Yamaha. Who cares what he does
3/15/2018 1:05am
ruy wrote:
I saw the video and I did not like to see how dangerous it is the kids riding with the older ones.
I saw the video and I did not like to see how dangerous it is the kids riding with the older ones.
Typical Pala. Open practice is not split by classes or age groups. I usually slow way down and ride cautiously around little kids or new riders...
Typical Pala. Open practice is not split by classes or age groups. I usually slow way down and ride cautiously around little kids or new riders, both for safety reasons and out of respect.
yak651 wrote:
Yeah I had the same thought, if I had a young kid don't think I would want them out with the big bikes. Also wouldn't think...
Yeah I had the same thought, if I had a young kid don't think I would want them out with the big bikes. Also wouldn't think RV would want to be riding at the same time they are out there.
RV spends a lot of time on the vet tracks every time Ive seen him out riding.

RV is not the problem. Despite his speed, he's 100% in control of what he's doing and you never feel unsafe around him, even when he's diving under you in a corner.

It's the jackasses that are fast that wanna emulate what RV is doing that are the hazard. And when they dive under you in a corner, they're doing so with the intent to see if you crash.

It's total bullshit and the track management wont do anything to curb the issue. Even tho they are well aware of it.
3/15/2018 1:11am
So you just go on the track and ride as long as you want whenever you want? If so thats almost unheard of around here. Only...
So you just go on the track and ride as long as you want whenever you want?

If so thats almost unheard of around here. Only one track does that and pretty much every other track has AB, C, Mini in 20 min increments with lots of B riders in C. In early spring C class will be broken up into C1 and C2 because there are so many C riders.
In another thread, someone complained that only 5 riders showed up to a Loretta's qualifier for the C class.

And yet in your neck of the woods you have so many C class riders that you need the practices split. Imagine that.

Sometimes I wonder if SoCal isnt the most overrated riding region in the world. The facilities are often dumps. Sandbagging is rampant. And track management can be some of the worst. Every time I look at some track from another part of the country it looks so well maintained with grass and trees and whatnot in the pits. Whereas at Milestone it's just sand and trash littered everywhere. With a bunch of old horse stalls for further aesthetic pleasure.

The Shop

3/15/2018 1:11am Edited Date/Time 3/15/2018 1:14am
ML512 wrote:
Yup, pretty much, we just ride. But out here, many of the facilities have multiple tracks for different skill levels. Also, Pala has two kids tracks...
Yup, pretty much, we just ride. But out here, many of the facilities have multiple tracks for different skill levels.

Also, Pala has two kids tracks on the property that are much calmer and fitting for that bike the kid is on...ummm, parents?
"Ummmm parents..." I would agree with that a bit, but if it the parents are taking their kid out for the first time and they know nothing about the dangers of mx??
Ummmm experienced and knowledgeable track owners....?
3/15/2018 1:20am
ML512 wrote:
Yup, pretty much, we just ride. But out here, many of the facilities have multiple tracks for different skill levels. Also, Pala has two kids tracks...
Yup, pretty much, we just ride. But out here, many of the facilities have multiple tracks for different skill levels.

Also, Pala has two kids tracks on the property that are much calmer and fitting for that bike the kid is on...ummm, parents?
And what are the parents to do when you got guys on 450's tearing up the kids tracks? I see it happen EVERY time I go to Milestone.

Despite the fact that all these facilities in SoCal have multiple tracks for different skill levels, nobody respects it at all.

I'd never be allowed on the SX track. Im not sure why some 20 year old "A" level rider should be allowed on the Vet track. With some of the bullshit Ive seen Im surprised more fights dont break out.

Especially with the dads. Kid on an 80 almost got taken out by a guy on a 450 on the beginner track. The dad was HEATED. At the end of the day, who wants that shit? We go to the track to have a good time. Not get in a fight.
3/15/2018 1:39am
ML512 wrote:

"Ummmm parents..." I would agree with that a bit, but if it the parents are taking their kid out for the first time and they know...
"Ummmm parents..." I would agree with that a bit, but if it the parents are taking their kid out for the first time and they know nothing about the dangers of mx??
Was I watching the same video ? You’re up in arms about a retired professional motocross rider...one of the best in the world.....Riding on a super wide MELLOW AS FUCK vet track. Table tops everywhere. No blind jumps. Nice sweeping corners and you’re pissed because RV passed a kid having fun on an xr70?!?!?!?

How much more mellow of a moto track can you get ?!
Stuntman949
3/15/2018 8:07am
RV really stopped being relevant when he signed with Yamaha. Who cares what he does
Tell us more about your years as a Factory LBZ rider
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
3/15/2018 3:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2018 3:42pm
Awesome vid! When you’re a fast rider, you can go fast no matter what you’re on. He didn’t sound like he was overreving it either. It’s amazing how fast he was going on it. Sweet!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/15/2018 3:59pm
So you just go on the track and ride as long as you want whenever you want? If so thats almost unheard of around here. Only...
So you just go on the track and ride as long as you want whenever you want?

If so thats almost unheard of around here. Only one track does that and pretty much every other track has AB, C, Mini in 20 min increments with lots of B riders in C. In early spring C class will be broken up into C1 and C2 because there are so many C riders.
In another thread, someone complained that only 5 riders showed up to a Loretta's qualifier for the C class. And yet in your neck of the...
In another thread, someone complained that only 5 riders showed up to a Loretta's qualifier for the C class.

And yet in your neck of the woods you have so many C class riders that you need the practices split. Imagine that.

Sometimes I wonder if SoCal isnt the most overrated riding region in the world. The facilities are often dumps. Sandbagging is rampant. And track management can be some of the worst. Every time I look at some track from another part of the country it looks so well maintained with grass and trees and whatnot in the pits. Whereas at Milestone it's just sand and trash littered everywhere. With a bunch of old horse stalls for further aesthetic pleasure.
SoCal ain't what it used to be in the motocross world and you fully nailed it with the sandbagging and some of the track management. The facilities being a dump? Well maybe a couple, but LACR is a decent facility as is Cahuilla, Zaca, Cal City, Comp Edge, Sunrise. I've for sure seen worse than those.

On the sandbagging issue, idk how bad it is anywhere else in the country but when I first moved up to JR/Novice here, there were three guys at the front of the class and they stayed there for years!!! The promoters wouldn't move them up because the dads threatened to not come back since they were making good contingency in the novice class. It was frustrating for the rest of us. They were top 5 intermediate speed easily. I got older and stopped racing as much and now their names are nowhere to be found. I'm just glad I can finally ride the 25+ class with guys my own age that have to go to work on Monday Tongue

As far as the kid on the xr70, ya I agree with ML and put it on the parents with a little bit on the track workers for not moving him to the proper track for his ability and bike. I don't want to see any of those little guys get hurt!
3/15/2018 11:47pm
ML512 wrote:

"Ummmm parents..." I would agree with that a bit, but if it the parents are taking their kid out for the first time and they know...
Was I watching the same video ? You’re up in arms about a retired professional motocross rider...one of the best in the world.....Riding on a super...
Was I watching the same video ? You’re up in arms about a retired professional motocross rider...one of the best in the world.....Riding on a super wide MELLOW AS FUCK vet track. Table tops everywhere. No blind jumps. Nice sweeping corners and you’re pissed because RV passed a kid having fun on an xr70?!?!?!?

How much more mellow of a moto track can you get ?!
Hi Georgie, I understand where your coming from but many years ago I was at a track that was smaller and a 9 year old boy had a wobble , fell off and got trapped under his bike on the downside an unfortunate rider jumped the tabletop and landed on the trapped lads neck.
We were stopped by the flaggers on top of a tabletop and I saw the boys father holding his son inconsolably.
I found out later the boy had died pretty much in his arms.
If it can reduce the possibility of that happening again, then yes, separate and group riders according to age and ability.
KDXGarage
3/16/2018 1:05am
KDXGarage wrote:
Cool video besides the mix of big kids (adults) and little kids. They cut that out in north and central Alabama after a youngster passed away...
Cool video besides the mix of big kids (adults) and little kids. They cut that out in north and central Alabama after a youngster passed away from injuries when a big bike and rider hit him. We do 20 minutes little bikes, 20 minutes big bikes around here.
Bry145
3/20/2018 4:54am
Solution to sandbagging:

Change class names from A,B, and C to Expert, Intermediate, and Beginner.

Beginner class is not eligible for trophies, OEM contingency, and industry sponsorship. This would provide an incentive to move up to Intermediate.

The top 33% of the Beginner class is moved up at the end of the season, never to be beginner eligible again.

It will never happen, but would solve the sandbagging problem.

Post a reply to: RV on a YZ125

The Latest