RV on PulpMX

S.Loyer
Edited Date/Time 2/5/2016 11:50am
Like the retired side of RV a lot.
Funny guy.
|
Gringoe
2/1/2016 9:09pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2016 9:09pm
Best "interview" for the public he's ever done.

Steve, get him a first class ticket to host a show with nyk and whoever else he wants. Don't call bubba or Chad obviously but just people that have helped or been apart of rv's career in any way or whoever else the man wants. Guarantee it will be your most listened to show ever.
x3no22
2/1/2016 9:30pm
i REALLY hope he comes into the studio, that would be gold.
Crush
2/1/2016 9:55pm
Did you guys all listen to his after race pods etc...

People always say he wasn't funny or didn't laugh etc... I heard him laugh tons!

The Shop

kiwifan
2/1/2016 10:03pm
Crush wrote:

People always say he wasn't funny or didn't laugh etc... I heard him laugh tons!
^^ this !!!
EcoSX478
2/1/2016 11:47pm
I agree with you crush but he did sound like he's happier than ever before. Granted I of corse don't know RV personally. I'm super pumped for the guy and I wish the best to him and his family.

That said, tonight's show has got me thinking (or hoping). Will RV gift us one more race..? I know they were joking about it on tonight's show but I could see him do a one off race like the Charlotte GP this year..? Or.. Do I need to come back down to reality?
aeffertz
2/2/2016 12:12am
Crush wrote:

I think most people only judged him from his 45 second podium interviews which is tough and I think possibly part of why RV got sort of "burnt out" because of all the robot podium speeches where the teams really push for a list of sponsors in the short amount of time they get to actually express themselves in front of their audience.

RV is hilarious and I'm glad he's still pumped on MX and providing content for us one way or the other.
51xc
2/2/2016 2:28am
always liked him. i just had always the impression that he didn't like talking about the obvious and himself all the time and that made him look like he isn't liking what he does.
there are people who don't need to hear themselves talking all the time and then there are people that love talking about themselves. (I won't say names because reed fans are a bit to sensitive for my liking. uuups.) I prefer it the rv way, let actions talk.
Flip109
2/2/2016 4:15am
51xc wrote:
always liked him. i just had always the impression that he didn't like talking about the obvious and himself all the time and that made him...
always liked him. i just had always the impression that he didn't like talking about the obvious and himself all the time and that made him look like he isn't liking what he does.
there are people who don't need to hear themselves talking all the time and then there are people that love talking about themselves. (I won't say names because reed fans are a bit to sensitive for my liking. uuups.) I prefer it the rv way, let actions talk.
Spot on.
2/2/2016 6:19am
Seems like him and Wil Hahn have a few things to sort out, haha. There was also (at least I thought so), a moment on Racer X films (RV, Tomac and Hahn) where Hahn seems to indicate that Villo cant stop talking about himself, which the guys on Pulpmx seem to allude to as well. In my opinion, when you were/are as good as Ryan was/is, you have full right to float your own boat especially if you can still remain light hearted about it (which Ryan seems to do). But some times it can still be distasteful I guess.
PFitzG38
2/2/2016 7:33am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2016 7:35am
Completely different dude than any other interview. I like it! This sport s SO mental.

Welcome to the sport of MX Ryan, have fun.

Matthes shouldn't have kicked him off and gone till midnight, RV was into it. Can't wait to listen to what I missed.

Pulp at it's best. Thanks Steve.

.......funny I'm finally becoming an RV fan, all he had to do was stop racing. He was always just too good - bugged me.
S.Loyer
2/2/2016 8:26am
Crush wrote:

Yeah I totally agree, why I have always loved RV. But this was a whole new level.
Motofinne
2/2/2016 8:31am
This was by far the best interview of RV that i have ever heard! He should have stayed on the whole show, such a funny dude! One of the best show for months.

I want to hear more of RV on the Pulpshow, Matthes make it happen!
kaptkaos
2/2/2016 8:33am
PFitzG38 wrote:
Completely different dude than any other interview. I like it! This sport s SO mental. Welcome to the sport of MX Ryan, have fun. Matthes shouldn't...
Completely different dude than any other interview. I like it! This sport s SO mental.

Welcome to the sport of MX Ryan, have fun.

Matthes shouldn't have kicked him off and gone till midnight, RV was into it. Can't wait to listen to what I missed.

Pulp at it's best. Thanks Steve.

.......funny I'm finally becoming an RV fan, all he had to do was stop racing. He was always just too good - bugged me.
Cant wait to listen to it today. I love Pulp and Matthes, but I hate it when he cuts interviews short! When you have a rider on, you keep him on until he says he has to go. Especially RV, we've all been waiting for this forever, I would have gone 7 hours with the show if RV didn't ask to hang up.

I'm gonna put the show on tonight while I row my ass off.

norcal3737
2/2/2016 9:50am
Can someone link me? I dont see any podcasts (as of recent) on Pulp's website that indicate RV is on it?
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
2/2/2016 10:24am
Wey "Imma get one of those Jordans, just the right one" Laughing
Gukamonster
2/2/2016 4:17pm
I like how he says all matter-of-fact like that he was never teammates with Austin Stroupe.

Actually Ryan, you were in 2008 and he beat you for the overall at Glen Helen:
Video here:

malachi177
2/2/2016 4:22pm
I like how he says all matter-of-fact like that he was never teammates with Austin Stroupe. Actually Ryan, you were in 2008 and he beat you...
I like how he says all matter-of-fact like that he was never teammates with Austin Stroupe.

Actually Ryan, you were in 2008 and he beat you for the overall at Glen Helen:
Video here:

Boom.
2/2/2016 5:08pm
maybe he had nothing to do with Stroupe no sharing or talking of anything. Could he perhaps say he wasn't team mates cause he doesn't want to acknowledge Stroupe?
jnickell
Fantasy
1738th
2/2/2016 5:17pm
maybe he had nothing to do with Stroupe no sharing or talking of anything. Could he perhaps say he wasn't team mates cause he doesn't want...
maybe he had nothing to do with Stroupe no sharing or talking of anything. Could he perhaps say he wasn't team mates cause he doesn't want to acknowledge Stroupe?
What Richard said...

I need to listen to this but maybe he simply meant that they didn't interact like teammates. Same bike and boss but no interaction. You can't mate without interaction of some sort.
kaptkaos
2/2/2016 6:18pm
So I just listened to it, and it was great, except for Matthes repeatedly trying to get rid of RV! OMG it was pretty bad, even for Matthes...

Steve, I love you man, but you gotta quit rushing people off the show. I mean this is RV....you built it up over the last year and he comes on and is having a blast, just let it ride....he will say when he has to go.

moto455va
2/2/2016 6:32pm
kaptkaos wrote:
So I just listened to it, and it was great, except for Matthes repeatedly trying to get rid of RV! OMG it was pretty bad, even...
So I just listened to it, and it was great, except for Matthes repeatedly trying to get rid of RV! OMG it was pretty bad, even for Matthes...

Steve, I love you man, but you gotta quit rushing people off the show. I mean this is RV....you built it up over the last year and he comes on and is having a blast, just let it ride....he will say when he has to go.

Steve has said it before, hes running a scheduled show, he has other (sponsored) parts of the show he has to get to and cant spend the whole time doing one thing. He knows he rushes people sometimes and might interrupt people every once in a while but its to keep the show moving along
kaptkaos
2/2/2016 6:39pm
Running a scheduled show?? The show goes long all the time. This is RV, whatever else is scheduled can wait. I hated RV when he raced. But I want to hear him on the show, and I am pretty sure everyone else does too. Hard to compalin about Pulp, and Steve cause I love the show and would be bummed without it, but I dont have an issue offering constructive criticism about not letting RV have all the time he wants, especially after complaining that he doesnt answer his texts or calls and he wants him on the show.

I guess I am like Chad and not happy with a podium....lol.

I hope RV comes on again soon. Maybe a dedicated podcast just for him.
S.Loyer
2/2/2016 7:03pm
Steve and his producer probably don't want to be up till midnight working.
bsharkey
2/2/2016 8:43pm
killer show. right up there with lasergate.

Gringoe
2/2/2016 8:52pm
kaptkaos wrote:
So I just listened to it, and it was great, except for Matthes repeatedly trying to get rid of RV! OMG it was pretty bad, even...

moto455va wrote:
Steve has said it before, hes running a scheduled show, he has other (sponsored) parts of the show he has to get to and cant spend...
Steve has said it before, hes running a scheduled show, he has other (sponsored) parts of the show he has to get to and cant spend the whole time doing one thing. He knows he rushes people sometimes and might interrupt people every once in a while but its to keep the show moving along
That's fine for 99% of guests. Not rv
VicDaMoan03
2/3/2016 5:07am
What time does the RV interview start? I can't do the 5 or 6 hours of PulpMX podcasts.

Post a reply to: RV on PulpMX

The Latest