RV not counting west coast title?

Edited Date/Time 10/19/2018 2:40am
can someone explain to me why RV doesn't count his west coast lites SX title?
|
beamer
10/17/2018 7:32pm
I don’t think anybody counts those for some reason,
APLMAN99
10/17/2018 7:36pm
They aren't "national" titles, they are regional.
10/17/2018 7:42pm
That moment when you have so many national titles that your regional titles don’t mean shit anymore ??? RV is a badass!!
jeffro503
10/17/2018 8:20pm
That moment when you have so many national titles that your regional titles don’t mean shit anymore ??? RV is a badass!!
Haha , no shit! But honestly , when people bring up championship's , they are speaking either national or world title's. A regional , mean's you only beat one half of the current competition out there. RV is right , and even though cool.....a regional title doesn't mean shit compared to a big bike SX / MX or a MX2 national / world title.

The Shop

Alex814
10/17/2018 8:31pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Haha , no shit! But honestly , when people bring up championship's , they are speaking either national or world title's. A regional , mean's you...
Haha , no shit! But honestly , when people bring up championship's , they are speaking either national or world title's. A regional , mean's you only beat one half of the current competition out there. RV is right , and even though cool.....a regional title doesn't mean shit compared to a big bike SX / MX or a MX2 national / world title.
Also is only half of the rounds.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/17/2018 8:47pm Edited Date/Time 10/17/2018 8:47pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Haha , no shit! But honestly , when people bring up championship's , they are speaking either national or world title's. A regional , mean's you...
So what your saying is, 250 sx points shouldn’t be counted towards overall points for the year? Wink
TDeath21
10/17/2018 8:56pm
Nobody really counts anything but premier class championships.
10/17/2018 10:35pm
SX lites titles count about the same as Manitoba titles Wink
jeffro503
10/17/2018 10:52pm
jeffro503 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
So what your saying is, 250 sx points shouldn’t be counted towards overall points for the year? Wink
It's like someone stating " I'm the world's tallest midget ".....think about that for a second. Laughing
Ray_MXS
10/18/2018 1:12am
#434 wrote:
Can´t believe "Lites" is still hanging in there TongueWink
10/18/2018 1:46am
I like this attitude, people spend way too long in the 250s isn’t Zach pushing 30 now? I know he is moving up but some of these guys stay forever..
10/18/2018 1:57am
I like this attitude, people spend way too long in the 250s isn’t Zach pushing 30 now? I know he is moving up but some of...
I like this attitude, people spend way too long in the 250s isn’t Zach pushing 30 now? I know he is moving up but some of these guys stay forever..
250 Sx should have an age/years rule. If you can't make it in 4 years or till you're 23, you're probably never will. Leave the class to the kids to proof themselves.
10/18/2018 2:01am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2018 2:01am
I like this attitude, people spend way too long in the 250s isn’t Zach pushing 30 now? I know he is moving up but some of...
and you get great talents at the age of 15 still on a 85 like Vohland ..
Motofinne
10/18/2018 2:32am
#434 wrote:
250 Sx should have an age/years rule. If you can't make it in 4 years or till you're 23, you're probably never will. Leave the class...
250 Sx should have an age/years rule. If you can't make it in 4 years or till you're 23, you're probably never will. Leave the class to the kids to proof themselves.
I agree. Unless they make one 17 round 250 SX series with no restrictions at all.
10/18/2018 3:32am
#434 wrote:
Unless we are talking about you know who..............best rider ever with 2 premiere titles.
tcallahan707
10/18/2018 3:48am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2018 3:49am
#434 wrote:
250 Sx should have an age/years rule. If you can't make it in 4 years or till you're 23, you're probably never will. Leave the class...
The 250 class isn't a stepping stone if you are a sponsor selling products. They get basically the same level of coverage. If more cash shifted to the 450 class, the free market would decide who should move up. But that isn't going to happen because Yamaha doesn't care if they sell a 250 or 450. FMF doesn't care if they sell one pipe or the other. Dunlop doesn't care if a 110 or 120 gets sold.

Age is not only arbitrary, but everyone is on a different timeline. Would you rather Zacho and A Mart not be on the track because they had to go get a real job at 23? Do they not deserve a career in the sport because they didn't hit their prime at 20 years old?

Until the money changes, it's kind of silly to keep pretending the 250 class is just for the kids.

I say, if you can make a living riding a dirt bike, do it however you can.
10/18/2018 4:31am
#434 wrote:
The 250 class isn't a stepping stone if you are a sponsor selling products. They get basically the same level of coverage. If more cash shifted...
The 250 class isn't a stepping stone if you are a sponsor selling products. They get basically the same level of coverage. If more cash shifted to the 450 class, the free market would decide who should move up. But that isn't going to happen because Yamaha doesn't care if they sell a 250 or 450. FMF doesn't care if they sell one pipe or the other. Dunlop doesn't care if a 110 or 120 gets sold.

Age is not only arbitrary, but everyone is on a different timeline. Would you rather Zacho and A Mart not be on the track because they had to go get a real job at 23? Do they not deserve a career in the sport because they didn't hit their prime at 20 years old?

Until the money changes, it's kind of silly to keep pretending the 250 class is just for the kids.

I get your point, but a regional series is/should always be the stepping stone to the national series. I think that the attention and money should be 75 % on the 450 class. More money in the 450 class would mean more teams and rides. Guys like Zacho or A Mart would easily find a ride.
Don't get me wrong, I am happy for everyone that can make a living riding dirt bikes. However you need to give the young guys a chance to show what they are capable of so that they have a chance of making a living racing bikes.
tcallahan707
10/18/2018 4:34am
#434 wrote:
The 250 class isn't a stepping stone if you are a sponsor selling products. They get basically the same level of coverage. If more cash shifted...

#434 wrote:
I get your point, but a regional series is/should always be the stepping stone to the national series. I think that the attention and money should...
I get your point, but a regional series is/should always be the stepping stone to the national series. I think that the attention and money should be 75 % on the 450 class. More money in the 450 class would mean more teams and rides. Guys like Zacho or A Mart would easily find a ride.
Don't get me wrong, I am happy for everyone that can make a living riding dirt bikes. However you need to give the young guys a chance to show what they are capable of so that they have a chance of making a living racing bikes.
I totally agree. But the reality is that the folks who put up the money have no incentive to focus it on the 450s. That’s where the change needs to come from. Not an age limit.
TDeath21
10/18/2018 8:18am
#434 wrote:

You make a good point regarding Osborne and Martin. However, that can also be shifted a different way. What if they’re tying up a ride that a younger guy couldn’t get and then he has to go get a regular job in his early 20s? Where as otherwise he’d have blossomed into a star if he’d gotten a chance? Much like Osborne?

We can say the 250 class in SX or MX isn’t a developmental series if we want to. But we’d be wrong. Yes I agree it didn’t used to be that way. It is now though.

Every sport, no matter what it is, has to have a way to filter the best up to where they’re competing against each other consistently. You can be a professional without competing in the top championship, so I never understood the argument of, “It’s a professional series, who cares!? No such thing as sandbagging as a pro rider”.

Along with that, that’s actually a huge downfall of our sport right now. But not because of the 250 class. Because the best riders in the world only compete once a year at an event where individual honors mean nothing. That has to change in my opinion.

Back on topic, the first thing they need to change is the purse money. What the manufacturers decide to pay in bonuses is one thing and that can be whatever they’d like. But the purse money is a no brainer. As it is currently, you must finish on the podium in a 450 race to make more than the winner of the 250 race. That’s insane and makes 0 sense at all. Obviously those rounding out the podium on the 250 are incredible, but they’re nowhere near the level of those that 3rd place guy on the 450 beat.

The 250 class IS a developmental class. It IS the class where you go immediately when turning pro. You get the hang of things here and then you go to the premier class on the 450. You’re a professional yes but you aren’t in the top class. You’re in the minor leagues per se. And that’s okay. You should just be paid accordingly.
10/18/2018 8:32am
He is saying he doesn't count it just to make it hurt a little more because that was the only title that Jordon Smith almost got.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/18/2018 8:39am
What up Clint!!!
10/18/2018 9:09am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2018 9:09am
Yea he probably gave that #1 plate to some kid walking around the pits....
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
10/18/2018 9:19am
the only guys who count regional titles, are the ones who ONLY have a regional title. National titles are the one that really count
Frodad78
10/18/2018 10:16am
Should probably include Smiths post as well where he tells RV "He can't handle the pressure" along with the clip of Smith lapping RV. At least I think he's getting lapped, RV moves over in the sand rollers.

Honestly I thought Smith's post was pretty light hearted but RV went for the kill. Haha...
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
629th
10/18/2018 10:49am
Frodad78 wrote:
Should probably include Smiths post as well where he tells RV "He can't handle the pressure" along with the clip of Smith lapping RV. At least...
Should probably include Smiths post as well where he tells RV "He can't handle the pressure" along with the clip of Smith lapping RV. At least I think he's getting lapped, RV moves over in the sand rollers.

Honestly I thought Smith's post was pretty light hearted but RV went for the kill. Haha...
I would say they are both just goofing around.

(And RV didn't move over in the sand rollers, he got squirrely and went off the track)

Phantom 661
10/18/2018 10:57am
TDeath21 wrote:
Nobody really counts anything but premier class championships.
They did when Dungey ranked higher than RV in the greatest All -Time MX. Lol. Its a sensitive subject. Lol.
tcallahan707
10/19/2018 2:15am
#434 wrote:

TDeath21 wrote:
You make a good point regarding Osborne and Martin. However, that can also be shifted a different way. What if they’re tying up a ride that...
You make a good point regarding Osborne and Martin. However, that can also be shifted a different way. What if they’re tying up a ride that a younger guy couldn’t get and then he has to go get a regular job in his early 20s? Where as otherwise he’d have blossomed into a star if he’d gotten a chance? Much like Osborne?

We can say the 250 class in SX or MX isn’t a developmental series if we want to. But we’d be wrong. Yes I agree it didn’t used to be that way. It is now though.

Every sport, no matter what it is, has to have a way to filter the best up to where they’re competing against each other consistently. You can be a professional without competing in the top championship, so I never understood the argument of, “It’s a professional series, who cares!? No such thing as sandbagging as a pro rider”.

Along with that, that’s actually a huge downfall of our sport right now. But not because of the 250 class. Because the best riders in the world only compete once a year at an event where individual honors mean nothing. That has to change in my opinion.

Back on topic, the first thing they need to change is the purse money. What the manufacturers decide to pay in bonuses is one thing and that can be whatever they’d like. But the purse money is a no brainer. As it is currently, you must finish on the podium in a 450 race to make more than the winner of the 250 race. That’s insane and makes 0 sense at all. Obviously those rounding out the podium on the 250 are incredible, but they’re nowhere near the level of those that 3rd place guy on the 450 beat.

The 250 class IS a developmental class. It IS the class where you go immediately when turning pro. You get the hang of things here and then you go to the premier class on the 450. You’re a professional yes but you aren’t in the top class. You’re in the minor leagues per se. And that’s okay. You should just be paid accordingly.
I totally agree with you. My only point is that the way all the money and exposure is structured currently, it’s not a developmental class. It’s damn near equal. Changing the age limit isn’t the answer. Change the financial incentives. The best guys will sign up for the “majors”. Isn’t that what we want? Not just the best older guys?
Frank
10/19/2018 2:40am
Just make it 17 rounds and 20 lap mains like the 450 class already. The days of anyone showing up in a pickup truck to race supercross have been over for a decade.

Post a reply to: RV not counting west coast title?

The Latest