RV not counting west coast title?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/17/2018 7:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2018 7:39 PM

can someone explain to me why RV doesn't count his west coast lites SX title?

|

twitter.com/cm411

10/17/2018 7:32 PM

I don’t think anybody counts those for some reason,

|

10/17/2018 7:36 PM

They aren't "national" titles, they are regional.

|

10/17/2018 7:42 PM

That moment when you have so many national titles that your regional titles don’t mean shit anymore ??? RV is a badass!!

|

10/17/2018 8:20 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

That moment when you have so many national titles that your regional titles don’t mean shit anymore ??? RV is a badass!!

Haha , no shit! But honestly , when people bring up championship's , they are speaking either national or world title's. A regional , mean's you only beat one half of the current competition out there. RV is right , and even though cool.....a regional title doesn't mean shit compared to a big bike SX / MX or a MX2 national / world title.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/17/2018 8:31 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

That moment when you have so many national titles that your regional titles don’t mean shit anymore ??? RV is a badass!!

jeffro503 wrote:

Haha , no shit! But honestly , when people bring up championship's , they are speaking either national or world title's. A ...more

Also is only half of the rounds.

|

10/17/2018 8:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2018 8:47 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

That moment when you have so many national titles that your regional titles don’t mean shit anymore ??? RV is a badass!!

jeffro503 wrote:

Haha , no shit! But honestly , when people bring up championship's , they are speaking either national or world title's. A ...more

So what your saying is, 250 sx points shouldn’t be counted towards overall points for the year? wink

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/17/2018 8:56 PM

Nobody really counts anything but premier class championships.

|

10/17/2018 10:35 PM

SX lites titles count about the same as Manitoba titles wink

|

10/17/2018 10:52 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

That moment when you have so many national titles that your regional titles don’t mean shit anymore ??? RV is a badass!!

jeffro503 wrote:

Haha , no shit! But honestly , when people bring up championship's , they are speaking either national or world title's. A ...more

mattyhamz2 wrote:

So what your saying is, 250 sx points shouldn’t be counted towards overall points for the year? wink

It's like someone stating " I'm the world's tallest midget ".....think about that for a second. laughing

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/18/2018 1:12 AM

#434 wrote:

SX lites titles count about the same as Manitoba titles wink

Can´t believe "Lites" is still hanging in there tongue wink

|

10/18/2018 1:46 AM

I like this attitude, people spend way too long in the 250s isn’t Zach pushing 30 now? I know he is moving up but some of these guys stay forever..

|

10/18/2018 1:57 AM

blockhead17 wrote:

I like this attitude, people spend way too long in the 250s isn’t Zach pushing 30 now? I know he is moving up but some of ...more

250 Sx should have an age/years rule. If you can't make it in 4 years or till you're 23, you're probably never will. Leave the class to the kids to proof themselves.

|

10/18/2018 2:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2018 2:01 AM

blockhead17 wrote:

I like this attitude, people spend way too long in the 250s isn’t Zach pushing 30 now? I know he is moving up but some of ...more

and you get great talents at the age of 15 still on a 85 like Vohland ..

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

10/18/2018 2:32 AM

blockhead17 wrote:

I like this attitude, people spend way too long in the 250s isn’t Zach pushing 30 now? I know he is moving up but some of ...more

#434 wrote:

250 Sx should have an age/years rule. If you can't make it in 4 years or till you're 23, you're probably never will. Leave the ...more

I agree. Unless they make one 17 round 250 SX series with no restrictions at all.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

10/18/2018 3:32 AM

#434 wrote:

SX lites titles count about the same as Manitoba titles wink

Unless we are talking about you know who..............best rider ever with 2 premiere titles.

|

10/18/2018 3:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2018 3:49 AM

blockhead17 wrote:

I like this attitude, people spend way too long in the 250s isn’t Zach pushing 30 now? I know he is moving up but some of ...more

#434 wrote:

250 Sx should have an age/years rule. If you can't make it in 4 years or till you're 23, you're probably never will. Leave the ...more

The 250 class isn't a stepping stone if you are a sponsor selling products. They get basically the same level of coverage. If more cash shifted to the 450 class, the free market would decide who should move up. But that isn't going to happen because Yamaha doesn't care if they sell a 250 or 450. FMF doesn't care if they sell one pipe or the other. Dunlop doesn't care if a 110 or 120 gets sold.

Age is not only arbitrary, but everyone is on a different timeline. Would you rather Zacho and A Mart not be on the track because they had to go get a real job at 23? Do they not deserve a career in the sport because they didn't hit their prime at 20 years old?

Until the money changes, it's kind of silly to keep pretending the 250 class is just for the kids.

I say, if you can make a living riding a dirt bike, do it however you can.

|

10/18/2018 4:31 AM

blockhead17 wrote:

I like this attitude, people spend way too long in the 250s isn’t Zach pushing 30 now? I know he is moving up but some of ...more

#434 wrote:

250 Sx should have an age/years rule. If you can't make it in 4 years or till you're 23, you're probably never will. Leave the ...more

tcallahan707 wrote:

The 250 class isn't a stepping stone if you are a sponsor selling products. They get basically the same level of coverage. If ...more

I get your point, but a regional series is/should always be the stepping stone to the national series. I think that the attention and money should be 75 % on the 450 class. More money in the 450 class would mean more teams and rides. Guys like Zacho or A Mart would easily find a ride.
Don't get me wrong, I am happy for everyone that can make a living riding dirt bikes. However you need to give the young guys a chance to show what they are capable of so that they have a chance of making a living racing bikes.

|

10/18/2018 4:34 AM

#434 wrote:

250 Sx should have an age/years rule. If you can't make it in 4 years or till you're 23, you're probably never will. Leave the ...more

tcallahan707 wrote:

The 250 class isn't a stepping stone if you are a sponsor selling products. They get basically the same level of coverage. If ...more

#434 wrote:

I get your point, but a regional series is/should always be the stepping stone to the national series. I think that the ...more

I totally agree. But the reality is that the folks who put up the money have no incentive to focus it on the 450s. That’s where the change needs to come from. Not an age limit.

|

10/18/2018 8:18 AM

blockhead17 wrote:

I like this attitude, people spend way too long in the 250s isn’t Zach pushing 30 now? I know he is moving up but some of ...more

#434 wrote:

250 Sx should have an age/years rule. If you can't make it in 4 years or till you're 23, you're probably never will. Leave the ...more

tcallahan707 wrote:

The 250 class isn't a stepping stone if you are a sponsor selling products. They get basically the same level of coverage. If ...more

You make a good point regarding Osborne and Martin. However, that can also be shifted a different way. What if they’re tying up a ride that a younger guy couldn’t get and then he has to go get a regular job in his early 20s? Where as otherwise he’d have blossomed into a star if he’d gotten a chance? Much like Osborne?

We can say the 250 class in SX or MX isn’t a developmental series if we want to. But we’d be wrong. Yes I agree it didn’t used to be that way. It is now though.

Every sport, no matter what it is, has to have a way to filter the best up to where they’re competing against each other consistently. You can be a professional without competing in the top championship, so I never understood the argument of, “It’s a professional series, who cares!? No such thing as sandbagging as a pro rider”.

Along with that, that’s actually a huge downfall of our sport right now. But not because of the 250 class. Because the best riders in the world only compete once a year at an event where individual honors mean nothing. That has to change in my opinion.

Back on topic, the first thing they need to change is the purse money. What the manufacturers decide to pay in bonuses is one thing and that can be whatever they’d like. But the purse money is a no brainer. As it is currently, you must finish on the podium in a 450 race to make more than the winner of the 250 race. That’s insane and makes 0 sense at all. Obviously those rounding out the podium on the 250 are incredible, but they’re nowhere near the level of those that 3rd place guy on the 450 beat.

The 250 class IS a developmental class. It IS the class where you go immediately when turning pro. You get the hang of things here and then you go to the premier class on the 450. You’re a professional yes but you aren’t in the top class. You’re in the minor leagues per se. And that’s okay. You should just be paid accordingly.

|

10/18/2018 8:32 AM

He is saying he doesn't count it just to make it hurt a little more because that was the only title that Jordon Smith almost got.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

10/18/2018 8:39 AM

clintmiglia411 wrote:

can someone explain to me why RV doesn't count his west coast lites SX title?

What up Clint!!!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/18/2018 9:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2018 9:09 AM

craigathan404 wrote:

That moment when you have so many national titles that your regional titles don’t mean shit anymore ??? RV is a badass!!

Yea he probably gave that #1 plate to some kid walking around the pits....

|

GP740
Since 1987

10/18/2018 9:19 AM

clintmiglia411 wrote:

can someone explain to me why RV doesn't count his west coast lites SX title?

the only guys who count regional titles, are the ones who ONLY have a regional title. National titles are the one that really count

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

10/18/2018 10:05 AM

Photo
|

10/18/2018 10:16 AM

Should probably include Smiths post as well where he tells RV "He can't handle the pressure" along with the clip of Smith lapping RV. At least I think he's getting lapped, RV moves over in the sand rollers.

Honestly I thought Smith's post was pretty light hearted but RV went for the kill. Haha...

|

10/18/2018 10:49 AM

Frodad78 wrote:

Should probably include Smiths post as well where he tells RV "He can't handle the pressure" along with the clip of Smith ...more

I would say they are both just goofing around.

(And RV didn't move over in the sand rollers, he got squirrely and went off the track)

Photo

|

10/18/2018 10:57 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

Nobody really counts anything but premier class championships.

They did when Dungey ranked higher than RV in the greatest All -Time MX. Lol. Its a sensitive subject. Lol.

|

10/19/2018 2:15 AM

#434 wrote:

250 Sx should have an age/years rule. If you can't make it in 4 years or till you're 23, you're probably never will. Leave the ...more

tcallahan707 wrote:

The 250 class isn't a stepping stone if you are a sponsor selling products. They get basically the same level of coverage. If ...more

TDeath21 wrote:

You make a good point regarding Osborne and Martin. However, that can also be shifted a different way. What if they’re tying ...more

I totally agree with you. My only point is that the way all the money and exposure is structured currently, it’s not a developmental class. It’s damn near equal. Changing the age limit isn’t the answer. Change the financial incentives. The best guys will sign up for the “majors”. Isn’t that what we want? Not just the best older guys?

|

10/19/2018 2:40 AM

Just make it 17 rounds and 20 lap mains like the 450 class already. The days of anyone showing up in a pickup truck to race supercross have been over for a decade.

|