RV just smoked the defending champion by 20 seconds in both motos

MXR
5/18/2013 4:58pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2013 4:26pm
Nice way to knock off the ring rust . That was a good old fashion asswhooping ..
|
5/18/2013 5:04pm
Just what i like too see. People need to realize he has always been a better outdoor rider who were calling him off this last week
Choppy
5/18/2013 5:06pm
And got how many extra points for doing so? It's a long series that you can't win in the first round, but like Chaf Reed did, you can lose it.

RV, RD, and JS are all set up pretty damn good.
jeffro503
5/18/2013 5:06pm
He pretty much stomped the crap out of everyone today. I'm sure the other guys like RD and James can do better and get the bikes dialed in. But who says RV's bikes are set up 100% perfect right now either? He may still have more in the tank if he's pushed. That's a scary thought.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
5/18/2013 5:07pm
This level of shittalking

The Shop

Crush
5/18/2013 5:08pm
MXR wrote:
Nice way to knock off the ring rust . That was a good old fashion asswhooping ..
Yarp, RV is a different animal outdoors
jeffro503
5/18/2013 5:09pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2013 5:09pm
Choppy wrote:
And got how many extra points for doing so? It's a long series that you can't win in the first round, but like Chaf Reed did...
And got how many extra points for doing so? It's a long series that you can't win in the first round, but like Chaf Reed did, you can lose it.

In case you are new to the sport....it's called "Putting an exclamation point on your victory!" Leaving no friggin' doubt on who was the better racer today. It wasn't even close.
dantheman
5/18/2013 5:10pm
Derpin' DJ wrote:
This level of shittalking [img]https://homework.never-ends.net/wp-content/uploads/1344232766535.jpg[/img]
This level of shittalking

It's NOT shittalking... when it's the TRUTH!
dantheman
5/18/2013 5:14pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2013 5:15pm
Choppy wrote:
And got how many extra points for doing so? It's a long series that you can't win in the first round, but like Chaf Reed did...

jeffro503 wrote:
In case you are new to the sport....it's called "[b]Putting an exclamation point on your victory![/b]" Leaving no friggin' doubt on who was the better racer...
In case you are new to the sport....it's called "Putting an exclamation point on your victory!" Leaving no friggin' doubt on who was the better racer today. It wasn't even close.
He's trying to downplay it... sad really. RV also just beat Stew by about 40 seconds each moto... someone on here recently wrote that both Ryan's don't have the RAW SPEED and ABILITY James does... baaaaaaahahahahhahah
a
bns99121
Fantasy
503rd
5/18/2013 5:15pm
All three of those guys, especially RV, are on the edge of how fast you can possibly go around these tracks. The closer to the edge the more likely it is that a mistake will be made. I hope we have some really good racing like the first part of that second moto the whole season!
bigborefan
5/18/2013 5:16pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2013 5:16pm
But what did he do to TFMOTP?
Choppy
5/18/2013 5:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2013 5:19pm
Choppy wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
In case you are new to the sport....it's called "[b]Putting an exclamation point on your victory![/b]" Leaving no friggin' doubt on who was the better racer...
In case you're new to the sport...it's not a one race championship series. Which is exactly what my first post basically said.
BDOG
5/18/2013 5:53pm
RV is the champion and WAS the champion last year. Dungey won by default like he all of his championships... RV2 owns his ass and everyone else until he decides it's time to quit.
humtercarrot
Fantasy
2915th
5/18/2013 6:02pm
Choppy wrote:

No extra points but, it's the mental edge is huge in moto
Gukamonster
5/18/2013 6:06pm
That was a solid boot-stomping on Dunge and Stew. His bike looked hella-fast also. Remember that he's undefeated for a championship outdoors, unless you count the 1 round he did in 2009.
level
5/18/2013 6:22pm
Is it just me or is the 450 so boring to watch? The 250 class is where it's at. Just such closer racing and just more fun to watch.
Flatliner
5/18/2013 6:37pm
BDOG wrote:
RV is the champion and WAS the champion last year. Dungey won by default like he all of his championships... RV2 owns his ass and everyone...
RV is the champion and WAS the champion last year. Dungey won by default like he all of his championships... RV2 owns his ass and everyone else until he decides it's time to quit.
Quiet down champ. 2011 was an epic battle , just as this year will be. This title is going down to the last round.
elsinore
5/18/2013 6:42pm
RV looked like he was trying to hurt the track; and his bike, in the first moto. Got no fucking idea about the 2nd, thanks to the clusterfuck
tiddlermx23
5/18/2013 6:44pm
Bout the same result as the first moto...
Feint
5/18/2013 10:07pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2013 10:10pm
Ryan Dungey has never won Hangtown. Nothing new. Let's wait till after Thunder Valley, where he has never lost an overall on the 450.
jeffro503
5/18/2013 11:51pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2013 11:52pm
Choppy wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Choppy wrote:
In case you're new to the sport...it's not a one race championship series. Which is exactly what my first post basically said.
Sorry choppy....but that's a shitty explanation. Let me tell you why.......

look at any of the past dominant champions we have had in this sport. Look at what RC and James used to do....win by 30 , 45sec.....sometimes a full minute. Did you ever ask why they were riding that way? It's to completely demoralize your competition. And yeah.....it works!

Look at last year at how Baggett and Tomac demoralized Roczen and Musquin in a lot of those races. They had Roczen in almost tears because he couldn't figure out how to run that pace without damn near killing himself.

So.....what "you" are saying is....RV and his team don't know what they are doing. That he doesn't / shouldn't win by 15 , 20 or 30 seconds? That is the point of racing in the first place......don't just win....stomp the living shit out of your competition and leave them guessing!

I think you need to come up with some other creative ways on how to slam on RV. Because this case......you are completely blowing it.
VRR7
5/18/2013 11:55pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Choppy wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Sorry choppy....but that's a shitty explanation. Let me tell you why....... look at any of the past dominant champions we have had in this sport. Look...
Sorry choppy....but that's a shitty explanation. Let me tell you why.......

look at any of the past dominant champions we have had in this sport. Look at what RC and James used to do....win by 30 , 45sec.....sometimes a full minute. Did you ever ask why they were riding that way? It's to completely demoralize your competition. And yeah.....it works!

Look at last year at how Baggett and Tomac demoralized Roczen and Musquin in a lot of those races. They had Roczen in almost tears because he couldn't figure out how to run that pace without damn near killing himself.

So.....what "you" are saying is....RV and his team don't know what they are doing. That he doesn't / shouldn't win by 15 , 20 or 30 seconds? That is the point of racing in the first place......don't just win....stomp the living shit out of your competition and leave them guessing!

I think you need to come up with some other creative ways on how to slam on RV. Because this case......you are completely blowing it.
That was RV riding conservative - Wait till he hangs it all out :-)
Crush
5/19/2013 12:05am
Let's be honest tho, he won 10 SX races this year, that's fuckin dominant. Wasn't even close.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't smash em to bits this year... As good as Dunge is, as well as James can still ride, RV forces everyone to ride at their limit, all the dang time, because he knows that at his, he's faster and more comfortable...

Another redhead used to use that strategy...
LastCall211
5/19/2013 4:53am
Dungey always takes a couple races to get revved up, and Stew is dealing with a torn acl and a wrist injury. Should probably let a few motos play out before we start talking 24-0. I'm willing to bet James is just happy to make it through the first race at this point. I doubt he's crying about a 3-3.

Villipoto waxed the crowd at Glen Helen in 09 then didn't finish the series. Dungey ran out of gas while he was dominating in Texas and it was over for him. Anything can happen.

All that being said 2 was damn impressive yesterday.
BDOG
5/19/2013 5:17am
BDOG wrote:
RV is the champion and WAS the champion last year. Dungey won by default like he all of his championships... RV2 owns his ass and everyone...
Flatliner wrote:
Quiet down champ. 2011 was an epic battle , just as this year will be. This title is going down to the last round.
nope. RV2 is in another league now. Went to another level and Dungey's not there!
1-forty-8
5/19/2013 6:02am
Proof that in 2011 he actually was struggling with his bike set up at the start of the series maybe..?

24 and 0? Probably not, but 2 and 0 is pretty damn good at this point. Go RV.
pilotdude
5/19/2013 6:22am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2013 6:28am
As I said in another thread, I figured RV would do better this year at Hangtown than in 2011. That year was his first SX championship and he got overwhelmed by all the media duties. Also, he was very sick if you remember, hacking and hacking after the motos. Lastly, this year he wrapped up the title a week early, giving him extra time for outdoor training whereas in '11 it came down to the wire in Vegas.

So to recap, following a 10 win SX season:

1. Ready to handle media duties after c'ship this year.
2. Not sick, not hurt.
3. A little extra testing time.

All added up to what we saw yesterday. And I believe we would have seen something very similar last year when he wrapped up the SX title the earliest in history.

It's always a little strange (and a little sad) when you realize the big dog riders who have dominated the scene (Reed, Stewart) are now being dominated. Especially when they are legends as big as Stewart and Reed. Just like when RC did it to MC and people were having a hard time believing their own eyes. We see it repeated time and again. There will come a new "The Man."

But right now, RV is The Man. The Alpha Dog. The "800" Pound Gorilla. (See what I did there?) Wink
1-forty-8
5/19/2013 6:28am
pilotdude wrote:
As I said in another thread, I figured RV would do better this year at Hangtown than in 2011. That year was his first SX championship...
As I said in another thread, I figured RV would do better this year at Hangtown than in 2011. That year was his first SX championship and he got overwhelmed by all the media duties. Also, he was very sick if you remember, hacking and hacking after the motos. Lastly, this year he wrapped up the title a week early, giving him extra time for outdoor training whereas in '11 it came down to the wire in Vegas.

So to recap, following a 10 win SX season:

1. Ready to handle media duties after c'ship this year.
2. Not sick, not hurt.
3. A little extra testing time.

All added up to what we saw yesterday. And I believe we would have seen something very similar last year when he wrapped up the SX title the earliest in history.

It's always a little strange (and a little sad) when you realize the big dog riders who have dominated the scene (Reed, Stewart) are now being dominated. Especially when they are legends as big as Stewart and Reed. Just like when RC did it to MC and people were having a hard time believing their own eyes. We see it repeated time and again. There will come a new "The Man."

But right now, RV is The Man. The Alpha Dog. The "800" Pound Gorilla. (See what I did there?) Wink
Couldn't of put it better myself Mr Dude.

The guy has a point to prove this year after that whole deal with Dungey running out of fuel and stuff in 2011, and I'm pretty confident that that point will be made this summer.
chrisbuehler
5/19/2013 6:31am
I could be wrong but I don't think he won by 20sec either moto. It was around 10sec first moto. Impressive ride by RV for sure though
pilotdude
5/19/2013 6:44am
1st Moto results.

2nd Moto results.

Post a reply to: RV just smoked the defending champion by 20 seconds in both motos

The Latest