RV.it is what it is..

zippy895
Edited Date/Time 5/20/2015 3:26pm
|
mx836
4/19/2015 9:07am
Sad to see he might be out of this thing already. The MXGP threads are really becoming unbearable. Amazingly the same guys only show up when it's GP race time and don't have anything but shit to contribute when they do show up.
Mini Elsinore
4/19/2015 9:09am
Anyone with a little brother understands this personality disorder---talk shit when you can get away with it and cower when the parents leave the house.
zippy895
4/19/2015 9:13am
whats the injury report,if any.
oshow
4/19/2015 9:16am

Photo curtesy of Vurb Moto

The Shop

zippy895
4/19/2015 9:16am
this race weekend,i feel,put a few nails in the coffin for year end overall..
slipdog
4/19/2015 9:18am
Looking at that picture, he may not have an injury. They said injured on the broadcast when he didn't attempt to get back on his bike. Maybe he was going to try, but saw the bars broken and walked away. The limp may be a normal thing for him.
mx836
4/19/2015 9:19am
Looks like he slid it out quite nicely. Don't suspect he's injured.
jamma10
4/19/2015 9:21am
mx836 wrote:
Did you not see the way his left knee bent sideways as he flipped back onto his feet? Looked pretty worrying to me.
mx836
4/19/2015 9:23am
mx836 wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
Did you not see the way his left knee bent sideways as he flipped back onto his feet? Looked pretty worrying to me.
Yup. Just my opinion that he will be fine come a week from now.
machine
4/19/2015 9:24am
It's become very hard to watch. He may as well enjoy his tour of Europe, for what ever reason, it just hasn't worked out for him. It's really making me start to question the speed of the rest of our riders, between him and the last 3 MXDN results..... Sucks
oshow
4/19/2015 9:39am
Damn that was weird
slipdog
4/19/2015 9:40am
mx836 wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
I retract my earlier statement after watching that FB video
4/19/2015 9:43am
machine wrote:
It's become very hard to watch. He may as well enjoy his tour of Europe, for what ever reason, it just hasn't worked out for him...
It's become very hard to watch. He may as well enjoy his tour of Europe, for what ever reason, it just hasn't worked out for him. It's really making me start to question the speed of the rest of our riders, between him and the last 3 MXDN results..... Sucks
Bring them over here to the USA and you will see the same thing happen to them. Way to many variables. RV has not ridden the outdoors for a couple Years. Who is to say he would have done any better here in the states. Who is to say RV still won't win some races. Ride it out and see what happens.
mxactive
4/19/2015 9:44am
mx836 wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
MXGP just uploaded the footage on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcp_wnfPHHE&feature=youtu.be
zippy895
4/19/2015 9:50am
maybe,his knee brace saved any major damage.
kongols
4/19/2015 9:54am
mx836 wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
Watched it again and I`m 100% sure his knee is fine.
FIREfish148
4/19/2015 9:55am
I feel bad for the kid. looks like he did in supercross 2008 as far as confidence.
dirtnapper
4/19/2015 9:56am
oshow wrote:
Damn that was weird
Yeah that was very strange, that was a crash Brandon would have had....totally rookie mistake Huh
jamma10
4/19/2015 9:57am
mx836 wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
kongols wrote:
I really hope you're right! It would suck balls if he has to miss even one GP let alone the rest of the season.
FIREfish148
4/19/2015 9:58am
mx836 wrote:
jamma10 wrote:
kongols wrote:
I think his knee did that cause he unlocked his hips Grinning
kongols
4/19/2015 10:02am
jamma10 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
mxactive wrote:
He was too far back on a bike and missed brake pedal. Fuck, fuck, fuck...
zippy895
4/19/2015 10:06am
his right knee is the issue .from his body language.
4/19/2015 10:11am
machine wrote:
It's become very hard to watch. He may as well enjoy his tour of Europe, for what ever reason, it just hasn't worked out for him...
RV's speed isn't far off, but he needs to have that speed with more control IMO. He can't ride with the same style that he did on fast loamy tracks in the states, or it will bite him like it did today.
jamma10
4/19/2015 10:11am
machine wrote:
Bring them over here to the USA and you will see the same thing happen to them. Way to many variables. RV has not ridden the...
Bring them over here to the USA and you will see the same thing happen to them. Way to many variables. RV has not ridden the outdoors for a couple Years. Who is to say he would have done any better here in the states. Who is to say RV still won't win some races. Ride it out and see what happens.
Qatar aside I think RV is doing fine. He was in the middle of the leading pack of riders in both motos and I genuinely felt this would be a circuit that he would struggle to adapt to. He was unlucky with the loop-out but he was hardly traling around in 20th place!

I think he'll do well at Valkenswaard next week (assuming he's not injured), Spain might be tricky one but then it's Matterly Basin where I would put money on him going 1-1.

I dont really understand this defeatist mentality of some people. I can only assume it's down to the realisation that it isn't turning out to be the annihilation that they'd predicted. What we have is a truly exciting series with lots of riders on a similar level and anything can happen. This is what racing should be about, not the same rider dominating every week.
bigborefan
4/19/2015 10:15am
Those Kawis are obviously putting out 75 or more horsepower. We have now seen two pros "loop out", first Millsaps, now Poto. And Pros just don't loop out.
4/19/2015 10:21am
machine wrote:
Bring them over here to the USA and you will see the same thing happen to them. Way to many variables. RV has not ridden the...
jamma10 wrote:
Qatar aside I think RV is doing fine. He was in the middle of the leading pack of riders in both motos and I genuinely felt...
Qatar aside I think RV is doing fine. He was in the middle of the leading pack of riders in both motos and I genuinely felt this would be a circuit that he would struggle to adapt to. He was unlucky with the loop-out but he was hardly traling around in 20th place!

I think he'll do well at Valkenswaard next week (assuming he's not injured), Spain might be tricky one but then it's Matterly Basin where I would put money on him going 1-1.

I dont really understand this defeatist mentality of some people. I can only assume it's down to the realisation that it isn't turning out to be the annihilation that they'd predicted. What we have is a truly exciting series with lots of riders on a similar level and anything can happen. This is what racing should be about, not the same rider dominating every week.
I agree, but the problem is that AC won't see him as a threat point wise anymore and will see no need to engage in any battles unless he also has some bad luck, which has happened before , 2 Dnfs in one grand Prix!
4/19/2015 10:31am
The real tracks in Europe are monsters and will bite the inexperienced riders that haven't put in the track time on them. I hope RV shows up healthy next week and can continue, his presence has elevated the GP's to their rightful level in the AMA audience market. Wide open manic riding doesn't end well on the GP tracks and that is what RV is adjusting to.It is a long grueling season and I do think that RV will be on many podiums if he continues. I mentioned earlier that when the Circus returned to the real tracks being 27 points down was a major disadvantage to overcome for anyone and a top 10 finish in the Championship would be a very creditable achievement for RV and that would be worthy of the respect that he deserves for attempting this fantastic endeavor. Every time he lines up at a GP gate he is showing his superiority and personal courage that has set him apart from his former AMA competitors.It is really a shame that so many American RV fans have disappeared from the sites during his period of adjusting, RV should have the same rabid support during his struggle to adapt no matter what his overall outcomes are.It is very disappointing.
machine
4/19/2015 10:37am
slipdog wrote:
mxactive wrote:
kongols wrote:
He was too far back on a bike and missed brake pedal. Fuck, fuck, fuck...
I think he might be sitting on one of those donut things the rest of the week after seeing that..lol

Post a reply to: RV.it is what it is..

The Latest