RV and Kawasaki split

Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2058th
1/6/2018 10:09am
And if you look at his recent posts he has been riding PC built bikes not factory kawisaki.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
1/6/2018 10:11am
KennyT wrote:
Why is this even a topic? Why would any manufacture hire RV to be a “brand ambassador”. Granted he was one of the most talented riders...
Why is this even a topic? Why would any manufacture hire RV to be a “brand ambassador”. Granted he was one of the most talented riders in history but when it came to being personable and open to fan interaction he was lacking. I’d hire MA before RV any day of the week
-MAVERICK- wrote:
RV might of been robot like during his racing career but since the retirement he's been laid back and having a lot more fun. Don't forget...
RV might of been robot like during his racing career but since the retirement he's been laid back and having a lot more fun. Don't forget that he has a huge following. That plays a part in pretty much anything these days.
I have no doubt that he is most likely a very likable guy away from the pressure of racing. Manufacturers waste money on hiring retired racers for anything other than team managements positions. I can’t see anyone selling one more bike because MC, RV or RC is a brand ambassador. And to have them endorse anything different from what they built their successful career is just wrong. MC on Kawi...RV on Yamaha? Makes no sense
kijen
1/6/2018 10:16am
Will he help with development, testing and setup then can help Webb?

The Shop

drt410
1/6/2018 10:16am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2018 10:19am
I still can’t even get past eli being on kawi. It still looks weird to me to this day. Idk why but I’ll always see him as a Honda rider. I think it’s because he’s more of a finesse rider and Kawi’s are rear steering bikes that you muscle around vs finesse.

At the same time for some reason it never felt weird with Roczen going to Honda. He fits it well.
Rockinar
1/6/2018 10:20am
He switched to Yamaha because they still make 2 strokes and RV wants to make 2 strokes great again.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/6/2018 10:21am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2018 10:21am
KennyT wrote:
Why is this even a topic? Why would any manufacture hire RV to be a “brand ambassador”. Granted he was one of the most talented riders...
Why is this even a topic? Why would any manufacture hire RV to be a “brand ambassador”. Granted he was one of the most talented riders in history but when it came to being personable and open to fan interaction he was lacking. I’d hire MA before RV any day of the week
-MAVERICK- wrote:
RV might of been robot like during his racing career but since the retirement he's been laid back and having a lot more fun. Don't forget...
RV might of been robot like during his racing career but since the retirement he's been laid back and having a lot more fun. Don't forget that he has a huge following. That plays a part in pretty much anything these days.
KennyT wrote:
I have no doubt that he is most likely a very likable guy away from the pressure of racing. Manufacturers waste money on hiring retired racers...
I have no doubt that he is most likely a very likable guy away from the pressure of racing. Manufacturers waste money on hiring retired racers for anything other than team managements positions. I can’t see anyone selling one more bike because MC, RV or RC is a brand ambassador. And to have them endorse anything different from what they built their successful career is just wrong. MC on Kawi...RV on Yamaha? Makes no sense
Is it weird that they were hired to promote a brand other than the one they built their career on, yes. But I disagree on hiring a retired riders to simply be team managers. Team managers are way too busy to do anything other then be there for the race team.

Brand ambassadors on the other hand can be put to work marketing just about anything the company has to offer. Obviously RV will be doing two wheel stuff but it won't surprise me to see him do some UTV stuff as well. Like I previously mentioned he has a following and that might influence people to switch brands, more so the younger generation but that's where it ultimately starts.
brewrabb
1/6/2018 10:22am
drt410 wrote:
I still can’t even get past eli being on kawi. It still looks weird to me to this day. Idk why but I’ll always see him...
I still can’t even get past eli being on kawi. It still looks weird to me to this day. Idk why but I’ll always see him as a Honda rider. I think it’s because he’s more of a finesse rider and Kawi’s are rear steering bikes that you muscle around vs finesse.

At the same time for some reason it never felt weird with Roczen going to Honda. He fits it well.
Well, Eli is a Kawasaki guy now after last year.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
1/6/2018 10:33am
Teams can't afford to field multiple riders or hire fill in riders but they pay old pros to wear their team shirt and pose for pictures...
This sport is so backwards; entertainment pays entry fees, amateurs get more support than privateers, promoters enforce/make up rules as they go along (example Osborn fined for Savatgy takeout after the results are finalized, either it's against the rules or not...) and brand ambassadors take away from rider positons, smh...
Rhino
1/6/2018 10:36am
Beta Hired Bradshaw also. I guess since he is racing some selected GNCCs and stuff, but truth is, Nobody knows who Villopoto is!

2 years after racing they are a forgetten memory in the grand scheme. Ask a Street bike guy who RV is and you will get a blank stare.

RV must be broke too. When do we hear about his divorce? All these guys come back when they lose half their shit!
vikwerfic
1/6/2018 10:40am
i still cant believe this!!! what is rv actually going to do though on a yamaha?
LungButter
1/6/2018 10:46am
Let's be real here, we all the know the real reason he went to Yamaha was to get good ATVs and UTVs for his hunting and fishing exploits. Everyone with half a brain knows that Kawi builds junk when it comes to use in the real world.
RMT
1/6/2018 10:53am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2018 10:57am
Seems pretty personable in that racer x video. Looks happy and to be having a good time at the races. I dont know what his factory Kaw contract was but maybe he had so many years with them he needed to stay and that finally ended. Who knows but with MC and Fro being on weird colored bikes this is starting to be pretty normal. I think he will do a good job and even though I was not a huge fan of his, I still followed him on instagram so he has a following. And the avg guy on the street isn’t in the market for a new MX bike so who cares if they know who he is.
Ted722
1/6/2018 10:55am
Looking forward to the YZ 125/250 videos.
RMT
1/6/2018 11:00am
So who sells more and gets more press and social media coverage, Jeff Emig or the privateer husky rider who got 13th in the main? Remember, racing is just a tool for marketing for a motorcycle company and nothing more.
tek14
1/6/2018 11:02am
He could replace Webb any given day and have better results. I saw 2 guys who were out of shape at press conference.. one had excuse with broken leg other was Webb.
Olson
1/6/2018 11:03am
vikwerfic wrote:
i still cant believe this!!! what is rv actually going to do though on a yamaha?
Give it another 20 min.
JustMX
1/6/2018 11:06am
colintrax wrote:
Not a fan of this. Poto is supposed to be on green.
As brand ambassador his first order of business will be suggesting that yamaha changes to green.

Problem solved.....

You ARE welcome
1/6/2018 11:11am
I've been watching RV since he was on 60's his first ride on an 80 was on a YZ. First race locally was on a blue bike he rode it for a good year or so before kawie finally gave him support. His first race at Loretta's was on the YZ.
mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
1/6/2018 11:34am
I'm guessing he wanted paying to keep riding kawasaki's and they said no. I would of thought earning 10's or even 20 million from kawasaki would of been enough for a bit of loyalty. Not like he's hard up. But others are doing it so I guess there's that.
Acidreamer
1/6/2018 11:40am
Hey i won all my titles on a kawasaki, but trust me you want to buy this blue bike instead...
Zycki11
1/6/2018 11:42am
tek14 wrote:
He could replace Webb any given day and have better results. I saw 2 guys who were out of shape at press conference.. one had excuse...
He could replace Webb any given day and have better results. I saw 2 guys who were out of shape at press conference.. one had excuse with broken leg other was Webb.
Please just STFU. If you are going to make a bold statement, at lest make it sound like you know what is going on.
Helder
1/6/2018 11:45am
mx_phreek wrote:
I'm guessing he wanted paying to keep riding kawasaki's and they said no. I would of thought earning 10's or even 20 million from kawasaki would...
I'm guessing he wanted paying to keep riding kawasaki's and they said no. I would of thought earning 10's or even 20 million from kawasaki would of been enough for a bit of loyalty. Not like he's hard up. But others are doing it so I guess there's that.
Kawi paid him exactly what he was worth and earned he owes them nothing.
rohleder644
1/6/2018 11:59am
mx_phreek wrote:
I'm guessing he wanted paying to keep riding kawasaki's and they said no. I would of thought earning 10's or even 20 million from kawasaki would...
Helder wrote:
Kawi paid him exactly what he was worth and earned he owes them nothing.
I'd be curious to see the list of riders that were more "brand loyal" throughout their career. He went Scott to Oakley. Leatt to Atlas? I'm not sure if he was a contracted Leatt athlete or if he just wore one. Any other big switches?
crc245
1/6/2018 12:04pm
Rockinar wrote:
He switched to Yamaha because they still make 2 strokes and RV wants to make 2 strokes great again.
Haha or is it because he needs a bit more 2T practice before Stankdog and Ronnie Mac come for him next year at Red Bull Straight Rhythm again Cool
51xc
1/6/2018 12:54pm
He wants to race flat track and yamaha is paying for it. where is the problem?
Rockinar
1/6/2018 12:57pm
I thought he moved to SoCal and was going to be racing stadium trucks or something?
1/6/2018 1:08pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2018 1:08pm
The first part of that sounded exactly like his Answer commercial that I saw recently

Post a reply to: RV and Kawasaki split

The Latest