RV, Cairoli

mohammed
Edited Date/Time 1/19/2012 9:48pm
RV doesnt seem as dominant this year, should be a great mxon. Look for cairoli to get some vengeance come this sept in england.

http://mxlarge.com/detail.php?classtodisplay=homepage&idtodisplay=1440
|
slowvet
5/31/2008 2:42pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2008 2:43pm
Supercross you might have an argument. Outdoors just started, just my opinion but I think RV will do just fine. As far as the mxon, there's still nobody that can hang with James on either continent.
mt798
5/31/2008 2:44pm
Haaa,ha,ha,ha, good one dude!
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1815th
5/31/2008 2:48pm
slowvet wrote:
Supercross you might have an argument. Outdoors just started, just my opinion but I think RV will do just fine. As far as the mxon, there's...
Supercross you might have an argument. Outdoors just started, just my opinion but I think RV will do just fine. As far as the mxon, there's still nobody that can hang with James on either continent.
Sorry, but I thought Stefan Everts Kicked his ass, or are you just talking about riders that are still out there at the moment??

Tony will get his revenge this year for sure.

The Shop

akmx17
5/31/2008 2:58pm
Cairoli isn't even a pimple on RV's ass.
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1815th
5/31/2008 3:00pm
akmx17 wrote:
Cairoli isn't even a pimple on RV's ass.
Ha Ha Ha, keep smokin that crack pipe.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
5/31/2008 3:04pm
If we're talking about retired riders, I'll raise your Everts with a RC. Game over, you loose.

That said, I actually hope the GP riders show up to race this year. Last year did suck for them, while it went rather well for Villopoto.

Funny though, RC was sick, and both he and Ferry had to come from behind to win their respective classes; which they did. Imagine the rout had RC not been sick and without both early crashes....
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1815th
5/31/2008 3:07pm
I won't argue with you on RC, he is the better rider, between him and Everts, but JS was flat out beat and i'm glad I was there to witness it.
WhKnuckle
5/31/2008 3:11pm
The only think Cairoli can do better than RV is eat corn on the cobb through a picket fence.
mt798
5/31/2008 3:17pm
Who won the event?
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1815th
5/31/2008 3:34pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
The only think Cairoli can do better than RV is eat corn on the cobb through a picket fence.
Your correct ,he ain't handsome, but, he also beat RV at that race and I would put money on him to beat RV at the nations this year, RV might slow down for the team right enough, or at least that the shit that will come out after it .

You did win the Event and credit where it is due, you had an awesome team that all rode really well. but also credit where it is due, everts beat him staight up also, but you guys can't seem to accept that
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
5/31/2008 3:40pm
From a bench racing standpoint, I think that it was Evert's day, just as it was Villopoto's day last year. I don't know that a healthy RC would have beaten either of them, on those specific days.

Although I really do think that Stewart is faster than Everts on virtually any day but the MXDN of 06, I also think that Everts would take him in a championship run, given James's propensity for crashing. To finish first you much first finish.
slowvet
5/31/2008 3:46pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
chrisgg90 wrote:
Your correct ,he ain't handsome, but, he also beat RV at that race and I would put money on him to beat RV at the nations...
Your correct ,he ain't handsome, but, he also beat RV at that race and I would put money on him to beat RV at the nations this year, RV might slow down for the team right enough, or at least that the shit that will come out after it .

You did win the Event and credit where it is due, you had an awesome team that all rode really well. but also credit where it is due, everts beat him staight up also, but you guys can't seem to accept that
Team orders. Period.
nc97
5/31/2008 4:11pm
I for 1 give Everts credit, On that day he came to do a job and he did it very well. Most of us in the US haven't gotten to witness Everts in person. But no one can accomplish what he has without being a badass!
jtomasik
5/31/2008 4:16pm
Oh, I doubt he's slowed down. It's more likely the competition has stepped up.

If they put his closest competition on the MXoN team, look for 2 Americans running away from the competition each moto, not just one.
j100
5/31/2008 4:58pm
are we really going here again?
Yamaha336
5/31/2008 5:01pm
RV is posting the same lap times as the guys in the 450 class and you all are dogging him. RV has not gone anywhere. He didnt exactly start last year off so stellar in the outdoors either. Look where he wound up by the end of the year. Not to mention smoking the entire field at the MXDN. That includes smoking RC as well.
Racers_Edge
5/31/2008 5:04pm

First off Chris, Everts is a dynamite rider in his own right. But don't get it twisted, had it not been for the team aspect of the Nations, JB would have kicked his ass. Good thing he retired. He's an excellent rider, but had it been every man for himself, no doubt, he would have been licking his wounds. What you are witnessing now is a guy at full strenght and a handful to deal with.
As for Cairoli, too much show. Establish yourself first, THEN do the McGrath thing. RV repeats.
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1815th
5/31/2008 5:40pm
First off Chris, Everts is a dynamite rider in his own right. But don't get it twisted, had it not been for the team aspect of...

First off Chris, Everts is a dynamite rider in his own right. But don't get it twisted, had it not been for the team aspect of the Nations, JB would have kicked his ass. Good thing he retired. He's an excellent rider, but had it been every man for himself, no doubt, he would have been licking his wounds. What you are witnessing now is a guy at full strenght and a handful to deal with.
As for Cairoli, too much show. Establish yourself first, THEN do the McGrath thing. RV repeats.
Team orders my ass, JS really wanted to beat Everts, that race he just couldn't do it and was making to many mistakes and had to settle for second.
Racers_Edge
5/31/2008 6:33pm
True, he did want to beat Everts. And would and could have. Fortunately for the team it was understood it was and is a team event and risk nothing. If he wanted to test his wears against James wide open, he could have, but chose not too. WISE move. The new chapter is something he can't deal with. It was smart of him to move on.
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1815th
5/31/2008 7:41pm
True, he did want to beat Everts. And would and could have. Fortunately for the team it was understood it was and is a team event...
True, he did want to beat Everts. And would and could have. Fortunately for the team it was understood it was and is a team event and risk nothing. If he wanted to test his wears against James wide open, he could have, but chose not too. WISE move. The new chapter is something he can't deal with. It was smart of him to move on.
Makes no sense
teggers
5/31/2008 7:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:08pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
chrisgg90 wrote:
Your correct ,he ain't handsome, but, he also beat RV at that race and I would put money on him to beat RV at the nations...

I was there that day too and he rode a perfect team race that day....never jumped the uphill triple, read his pit board properly and came away with the team trophy. That race was not about individual results....that was the team goal and that was one of the smartest races I have ever seen James ride.

I have never seen James ride that conservative....ever....BTW - I would expect that James might not win every moto at any future MXoN if that is the team tactic.
Denn700
5/31/2008 7:49pm
Cairoli has never beaten RV for an OVERALL at the des nations. RV went 3-2 to Cairoli's 10-1. The moto AC beat him RV went off the track but according to the lap times RV was catching him a second a lap. RV also smoked him in the qualifing race and James smoked Everts. I'll give Everts credit for his wins in the main though.
mohammed
6/1/2008 6:51am
RV was beat by cairoli the second moto, and everts straight up beat stewart that day. Why all the excuses? The GP riders are just and if not faster than the americans excluding stewart, but if everts where racing today i see everts pushing stewart to a wreck and winning again.
Stoop
Fantasy
912th
6/1/2008 7:00am
pffft even Reed dragged his ass off the couch and smoked the world champion in the first moto
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1815th
6/1/2008 7:04am
mohammed wrote:
RV was beat by cairoli the second moto, and everts straight up beat stewart that day. Why all the excuses? The GP riders are just and...
RV was beat by cairoli the second moto, and everts straight up beat stewart that day. Why all the excuses? The GP riders are just and if not faster than the americans excluding stewart, but if everts where racing today i see everts pushing stewart to a wreck and winning again.
You are correct Mohammed.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
6/1/2008 7:40am
everts is great, don't get us wrong, but if you've seen james ride hard before, then you know that he was being very careful when he raced everts. James could have gone way faster, but then again so could have everts maybe, so we'll never know. I'll accept the fact that cairoli had an off weekend this past MXDN, but it's not like RV beat him by an ordinary margin, he won by over a minute... that's just an assfucking.

Post a reply to: RV, Cairoli

The Latest