RMZ to RM front fender

kyle450rider
Edited Date/Time 3/29/2016 9:51pm
So I posted pics of my 2006 RM 250 that I have. Well I'm fixing to start draining my bank account and start my build up. Wondering from the guys on here with RM's, does the RMZ 450 fender swap right over? I asked this once before long ago and I believe that you need the fender and front number plate. Also, if I order preprinted backgrounds do you need RM side backgrounds and a separate RMZ front number plate background? Thanks for the help.
|
wydopen
4/19/2013 7:07pm
i did the 08+ rmz fender on an older rmz...same thing as what u want to do..i heated up the fender with a torch and pressed it flat with a big socket..otherwise its angled where the front bolts go...then u just have to redrill the front holes..
NorcalVet
4/19/2013 7:30pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2013 7:31pm
So I posted pics of my 2006 RM 250 that I have. Well I'm fixing to start draining my bank account and start my build up...
So I posted pics of my 2006 RM 250 that I have. Well I'm fixing to start draining my bank account and start my build up. Wondering from the guys on here with RM's, does the RMZ 450 fender swap right over? I asked this once before long ago and I believe that you need the fender and front number plate. Also, if I order preprinted backgrounds do you need RM side backgrounds and a separate RMZ front number plate background? Thanks for the help.
Easy.

-- just buy a 2009-12 RMZ 450 Front Plate & Front Fender

2 Holes line up, use your old RM fender as template & drill the 2 new holes as needed.

here's a quick pic:

the angle is slightly off compared to my rmz, but unless you have them side by side (only you'll know). So just ride.

here's a rough proof up my graphics that I had made
- rmz & rm plastics----- NBD!

mx_563
4/19/2013 8:22pm
So I posted pics of my 2006 RM 250 that I have. Well I'm fixing to start draining my bank account and start my build up...
NorcalVet wrote:
Easy. -- just buy a 2009-12 RMZ 450 Front Plate & Front Fender 2 Holes line up, use your old RM fender as template & drill...
Easy.

-- just buy a 2009-12 RMZ 450 Front Plate & Front Fender

2 Holes line up, use your old RM fender as template & drill the 2 new holes as needed.

here's a quick pic:

the angle is slightly off compared to my rmz, but unless you have them side by side (only you'll know). So just ride.

here's a rough proof up my graphics that I had made
- rmz & rm plastics----- NBD!

Saw you at the Oatfield last weekend! Good times! The Zooks look good, BTW.
NorcalVet
4/19/2013 8:51pm
Thanks MX 563... yahh it's fun to hop from one to the other
Were you riding support or gang?

I really liked the new layout (reversed). I couldn't race Sun or our Sierra National now because of work Angry

The Shop

motomike894
4/19/2013 10:01pm
I did it to mine to super easy just like said drill two other holes done and looks sick
kyle450rider
4/20/2013 3:58am
If I go with the RMZ front fender and number plate do you have to specifically order an RMZ front number plate background or does the RM background still work?
BAMX
4/20/2013 10:12am
If I go with the RMZ front fender and number plate do you have to specifically order an RMZ front number plate background or does the...
If I go with the RMZ front fender and number plate do you have to specifically order an RMZ front number plate background or does the RM background still work?
You will need to order RM sides and RMZ front fender and plate. Dirt digits did mine for the same price as standard. You just need to call them and make sure that they know what you want. If you buy the plastic from them, they mount it for free. The front fender is simple to install. You just need to drill 2 holes. I used an Acerbis front fender and the holes ended up on the sides of the hollow in the center of the fender. I made a bracket since it was on the edge. One of my friends just used the stock hardware. Both worked fine.

armstrong351
12/12/2013 12:21pm
I was going to do the conversion to the rm 250 I just bought. I ordered the 2013 rmz number plate and front fender. Will that work also?
Digger29
12/12/2013 4:51pm
You should also cut your side number plates. I did them on my RM250 & it's super easy & that along with adding the RMZ front fender & number plate really goes a long way at making the bike look a heck of a lot newer.
armstrong351
12/13/2013 9:06am
Digger29 wrote:
You should also cut your side number plates. I did them on my RM250 & it's super easy & that along with adding the RMZ front...
You should also cut your side number plates. I did them on my RM250 & it's super easy & that along with adding the RMZ front fender & number plate really goes a long way at making the bike look a heck of a lot newer.

I looked at the rm 250 you used to have. That does make the side panels look a lot more modern. Maybe ill give it a go on the old side panels and see how it turns out. This is the Rm I just bought that im getting ready to race in the lites class next year. Waiting on the new plastics and graphics to get here. So the 13 front fender and number plate will work?
Digger29
12/13/2013 11:54am Edited Date/Time 12/13/2013 11:56am
Digger29 wrote:
You should also cut your side number plates. I did them on my RM250 & it's super easy & that along with adding the RMZ front...
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/12/13/38902/s1200_Rm_250.jpg[/img] I looked at the rm 250 you used to have. That does make the side panels look a lot more modern. Maybe ill give it...

I looked at the rm 250 you used to have. That does make the side panels look a lot more modern. Maybe ill give it a go on the old side panels and see how it turns out. This is the Rm I just bought that im getting ready to race in the lites class next year. Waiting on the new plastics and graphics to get here. So the 13 front fender and number plate will work?
Feel free to call me & I'll walk you right through cutting the side number plates. It appears to be hard but is super easy. Yes the RMZ front fender & number are also very easy & definitely a worth while mod. 508 243 1232 Mike
armstrong351
12/13/2013 1:27pm
Digger29 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/12/13/38902/s1200_Rm_250.jpg[/img] I looked at the rm 250 you used to have. That does make the side panels look a lot more modern. Maybe ill give it...

Digger29 wrote:
Feel free to call me & I'll walk you right through cutting the side number plates. It appears to be hard but is super easy. Yes...
Feel free to call me & I'll walk you right through cutting the side number plates. It appears to be hard but is super easy. Yes the RMZ front fender & number are also very easy & definitely a worth while mod. 508 243 1232 Mike
Will do man. Thanks a lot.
Alphamx
1/9/2016 11:45am
Hi, I was wondering what you ended up doing to get it to mount up?
Spydee
1/11/2016 4:41am
Alphamx wrote:
Hi, I was wondering what you ended up doing to get it to mount up?
Just drill 2 new holes into the front fender and it'll fit fine, it's not difficult honestly, takes 5 minutes.
1/13/2016 6:17am
Digger29 wrote:
I used a decal from the rmz sideplates(2012) and mounted on the rm sideplates, cut around it and it turned out like this Smile
JSMoto431
3/29/2016 9:51pm
Digger29 wrote:
I used a decal from the rmz sideplates(2012) and mounted on the rm sideplates, cut around it and it turned out like this :) [img]http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k389/mattias_karlsson1/00103red_zps6yq6ut9l.jpg[/img]
I used a decal from the rmz sideplates(2012) and mounted on the rm sideplates, cut around it and it turned out like this Smile
So could you fit 2012 rmz 450 side plate graphics on rm 125 graphics if you trimmed the side plates on the 125 or no?

Post a reply to: RMZ to RM front fender

The Latest