RJ tests positive

avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
3/30/2020 1:19pm
Was your brother, wife or daughter in China in January? If not, they would all be the first human beings in the Western Hemisphere to have...
Was your brother, wife or daughter in China in January?

If not, they would all be the first human beings in the Western Hemisphere to have contracted Covid-19 before it spread westward.

You are going off of when the first case was diagnosed as actually being a different, previously unknown strain of the virus. That does not mean that it wasn't affecting people and starting to float around for a while before that.

A wave of symptoms RJ describes went around our show, and others in January, me included. I work in the TV industry, so people were traveling all over the world for Christmas break. I thought it was a low grade flu with a nasty dry cough. Didn't really get the spiked fever, but I was definitely lagging, and all I wanted to do was sleep. Definitely not the norm for me.

Took about three weeks or so for it to go away. I've been fine since. Same with my boss and the others I know of.
CivBars
3/30/2020 4:04pm
Anton_514 wrote:
https://www.swapmotolive.com/rick-johnson-on-having-covid-19-fly-racing…

If you want more direct insight from RJ. Sorry for the spam, but figured a lot of you would like to hear more.
Not spam. RJ or not, this is important for everyone to listen to. Hopefully it doesn't get clipped for being 'non moto'. Thanks Anton.
The Sneak
3/30/2020 5:09pm
One of my hero’s.
El Covid Zone just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
Glad to hear he’s alright.
3/30/2020 5:52pm
1 friend and 1 person I know both got it. My friend recovered. The other is having a tough time and in ICU. Apparently He is a diabetic and not the best health. I dont know him to well.

My friend didn't take any motrin or anything for the fever. The lack of motrin, he was told helps kill it.

The Shop

3/30/2020 6:01pm
My brother says he can't shake the feeling he had this thing, and I got wiped out by something in January that sounds really similar to...
My brother says he can't shake the feeling he had this thing, and I got wiped out by something in January that sounds really similar to what RJ is talking about. It was different than normal flu, with a secondary hit that really knocked me down after I thought I was getting better. I was starting to feel a little nuts from this thing with the coughing. I could see how an elderly or immune-compromised person could die from that, because I was incredibly weak after dropping 12 pounds and sweating buckets of water. My wife and daughter were really sick in January but so far no flu since then.
Indy mxer wrote:
I hear ya. We're empty nesters and both were sick back in January as well. Had all the symptoms. It kept hanging on and I was...
I hear ya. We're empty nesters and both were sick back in January as well. Had all the symptoms. It kept hanging on and I was thinking "wtf?". Because I rarely get sick. I'm not sure we didn't have it.
H4L wrote:
Same here. It kicked my ass the 1st week of Jan. & ended up in the ER. It definitely wasn't the normal season flu as I...
Same here. It kicked my ass the 1st week of Jan. & ended up in the ER. It definitely wasn't the normal season flu as I had all the symptoms they describe with the Covid-19. Every bone in my body ached for a week, High fever, coughing with trouble breathing. It took me about a month to shake it off & was very week afterwards with a loss of about 8 lbs..
A co-worker believes I was misdiagnosed from the hospital with influenza A.

Hoping for a full recovery for RJ..
How do you feel now? Normal? Still feeling effects?
H4L
3/30/2020 8:26pm
How do you feel now? Normal? Still feeling effects?
I’m feeling normal considering what I went through. I’ve gained most of my weight back & also feel at full strength. I consider myself of good health at 52 & have never had a flu like that. I honestly felt like I was on my death bed due to the lack of restricted breathing. Had a 104 deg. fever & was in a cold sweat for a couple of days with hallucinations. I wasn’t able to eat for about 3 days.

I consider myself fortunate as that illness was no joke.

Thanks for asking.
Fonzarelli
3/30/2020 9:02pm
I heard Danny Storbeck sneezed on him a few weeks ago....
Rawly
3/30/2020 10:12pm
This thread is about RJ. Plenty of other threads for you guys to share your virus or false virus stories on.
Bultaco
3/31/2020 4:31am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2020 8:57am
One, glad to hear RJ is on the mend.

Two, I traveled (Flying commercial BOS -DEN) to Denver and back, mid December. Christmas Eve I came down with some flu symptoms and had the flu over the next 10 days worse than I’ve ever had. So bad that it made me think I’ve never had the flu before if this is what the flu really is. The symptoms were very similar to what people are now saying about Covid19. Especially high fever, soaking the sheets from sweating. At the low point I remember thinking I am about 1 or 2° away from being an obituary. I’m 65.

It took over a month to feel completely recovered. Especially taking deep breath’s. In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, a couple of friends have suggested that’s what I must’ve had. I’m doubtful since no one around became as sick. Yet as I hear more stories like in this thread it makes me wonder if some version has been circulating?

Post a reply to: RJ tests positive

The Latest