RJ hampshire

8/28/2019 7:12pm
Where is he going? I saw his Instagram post, is this old news?
|
foreman52
Fantasy
3155th
8/28/2019 7:15pm
I’m guessing Husky or TLD? If Smith is moving from TLD to PC (as per rumours) that would make sense. RJ has the speed to win just needs to find that missing piece.
DonM
8/28/2019 7:35pm
Husky deal has been signed for a long time
hamncheeze
8/28/2019 11:44pm
foreman52 wrote:
I’m guessing Husky or TLD? If Smith is moving from TLD to PC (as per rumours) that would make sense. RJ has the speed to win...
I’m guessing Husky or TLD? If Smith is moving from TLD to PC (as per rumours) that would make sense. RJ has the speed to win just needs to find that missing piece.
Yeah he's going to Husky. It's no secret that Geico has not been able to put a fast enough bike under its riders for outdoors in 2018/19. I think RJ will be better outdoors on the Husky.

The Shop

Crush
8/29/2019 1:03am
He was fast all year but always riding from the back of the pack it seemed, only a few good starts come to mind.
Adam89
8/29/2019 2:25am
DonM wrote:
When was it signed?
It was signed during Supercross
Sully
8/29/2019 3:20am
DonM wrote:
When was it signed?
Adam89 wrote:
It was signed during Supercross
That long ago? Damn.
DonM
8/29/2019 6:33am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2019 11:16am
DonM wrote:
When was it signed?
February....is when he let Geico know he was leaving
8/29/2019 9:39am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2019 9:43am
foreman52 wrote:
I’m guessing Husky or TLD? If Smith is moving from TLD to PC (as per rumours) that would make sense. RJ has the speed to win...
hamncheeze wrote:
Yeah he's going to Husky. It's no secret that Geico has not been able to put a fast enough bike under its riders for outdoors in...
Yeah he's going to Husky. It's no secret that Geico has not been able to put a fast enough bike under its riders for outdoors in 2018/19. I think RJ will be better outdoors on the Husky.
That bike was fast enough to win a moto at Jacksonville and West Coast Supercross championship this year. Plus Jeremy Martin won outdoor motos and an overall on it last year.
8/29/2019 11:07am
foreman52 wrote:
hamncheeze wrote:
Yeah he's going to Husky. It's no secret that Geico has not been able to put a fast enough bike under its riders for outdoors in...
That bike was fast enough to win a moto at Jacksonville and West Coast Supercross championship this year. Plus Jeremy Martin won outdoor motos and an...
That bike was fast enough to win a moto at Jacksonville and West Coast Supercross championship this year. Plus Jeremy Martin won outdoor motos and an overall on it last year.
Well maybe you know you better than RJ about Pro MX/SX bikes?
hamncheeze
8/29/2019 11:08am
That bike was fast enough to win a moto at Jacksonville and West Coast Supercross championship this year. Plus Jeremy Martin won outdoor motos and an...
Sure but in post-race interviews all of Hunter Lawrence, Sexton and RJ alluded to the bike being under-powered. Why do you think they were doing so much late season testing?? Even the day before Milville was a full test session. And how many times did you see a Honda up front off the start? Maybe on harder starts like Washougal or Pala, but if it was deep those guys were effed.

And don't count SX, it's not relevant when we talk about a 250 outdoors.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/29/2019 11:13am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2019 11:14am
DonM wrote:
If late last week is a long time, then yes, it's been signed a long time.

I think the offer has been out there for a long time, but they had to figure out the details.
DonM
8/29/2019 11:15am
DonM wrote:
GuyB wrote:
If late last week is a long time, then yes, it's been signed a long time. I think the offer has been out there for a...

I think the offer has been out there for a long time, but they had to figure out the details.
Let me rephrase...it has been agreed to for a long time
peelout
8/29/2019 11:33am
DonM wrote:
GuyB wrote:
If late last week is a long time, then yes, it's been signed a long time. I think the offer has been out there for a...

good for RJ.

he's always had the speed and ability, just hasn't been able to put it all together consistently. hoping he can have a good showing on the Husky next season
8/29/2019 11:39am
hamncheeze wrote:
Sure but in post-race interviews all of Hunter Lawrence, Sexton and RJ alluded to the bike being under-powered. Why do you think they were doing so...
Sure but in post-race interviews all of Hunter Lawrence, Sexton and RJ alluded to the bike being under-powered. Why do you think they were doing so much late season testing?? Even the day before Milville was a full test session. And how many times did you see a Honda up front off the start? Maybe on harder starts like Washougal or Pala, but if it was deep those guys were effed.

Well you guys were alluding to the bike being incompetent outdoors, I’m just pointing out the fact people were able to win on it. You still need a fast bike for Supercross so I wouldn’t say that title this year is 100% irrelevant. I’m not disagreeing that a change will be good for RJ but clearly the bike can’t be THAT bad if people have won on it in outdoors. Heck, J Mart won the overall at Thunder Valley last year where your bike is already at a disadvantage. Also to be noted is that WW Mx appears to be pretty damn deep sand and Sexton won the first moto on the geico bike there.
Sparkey
8/29/2019 11:41am
Let's be honest here. Taking nothing away from Chase as he had to be in second to climb to first, but the only reason he won was that Forkner grenaded his knee. And... how and why are you comparing 2018 to 2019?
8/29/2019 11:52am
Sparkey wrote:
Let's be honest here. Taking nothing away from Chase as he had to be in second to climb to first, but the only reason he won...
Let's be honest here. Taking nothing away from Chase as he had to be in second to climb to first, but the only reason he won was that Forkner grenaded his knee. And... how and why are you comparing 2018 to 2019?
“It's no secret that Geico has not been able to put a fast enough bike under its riders for outdoors in 2018/19.”
- This was the original post I replied to. He still had to work to get himself into that position and beat Justin Cooper.
hamncheeze
8/29/2019 12:31pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Sure but in post-race interviews all of Hunter Lawrence, Sexton and RJ alluded to the bike being under-powered. Why do you think they were doing so...

Well you guys were alluding to the bike being incompetent outdoors, I’m just pointing out the fact people were able to win on it. You still...
Well you guys were alluding to the bike being incompetent outdoors, I’m just pointing out the fact people were able to win on it. You still need a fast bike for Supercross so I wouldn’t say that title this year is 100% irrelevant. I’m not disagreeing that a change will be good for RJ but clearly the bike can’t be THAT bad if people have won on it in outdoors. Heck, J Mart won the overall at Thunder Valley last year where your bike is already at a disadvantage. Also to be noted is that WW Mx appears to be pretty damn deep sand and Sexton won the first moto on the geico bike there.
Jmart can win on a slow bike. He's just that good, and the start at Thunder Valley isn't super soft and deep.

Sexton winning at WW was as much about Cooper shutting down a bit early, while Chase just kept pushing. We saw how that worked out, didn't we??

If you don't want to believe me, go back and listen to all of Matthes' post-race interviews across this season, where you can hear Hunter, Chase and RJ all allude to the bike being under-powered. Or you can just stick to your version and ignore what the riders said.
Press516
Fantasy
111th
8/29/2019 3:38pm
I think the Husky is going to be a better fit for RJ... Just my opinion. I expect him to compete for wins outdoors all season.
BroFoSho
8/29/2019 3:49pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Jmart can win on a slow bike. He's just that good, and the start at Thunder Valley isn't super soft and deep. Sexton winning at WW...
Jmart can win on a slow bike. He's just that good, and the start at Thunder Valley isn't super soft and deep.

Sexton winning at WW was as much about Cooper shutting down a bit early, while Chase just kept pushing. We saw how that worked out, didn't we??

If you don't want to believe me, go back and listen to all of Matthes' post-race interviews across this season, where you can hear Hunter, Chase and RJ all allude to the bike being under-powered. Or you can just stick to your version and ignore what the riders said.
The Thunder Valley start is a fairly steep uphill.... at elevation. I'd be surprised if any 250Fs were starting in second gear there
CivBars
8/29/2019 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2019 8:20pm
Major Hamster gets a career number and a change of scenery. I hope he stays healthy & finds a setting he's happy with.
8/30/2019 6:26am
foreman52 wrote:
His results would dispute he has the speed to win.
NoMuff2Tuff
9/5/2019 1:30am
I wish him the best, i always did like Hampshire, He made quite a few charges from back of the back which proves he has the speed and can run up front. The weak starts definitely hurt his results. I"m a Honda guy and it obvious the new Honda's are a little down on power compared to the other top teams, the Star bikes were always up front on the starts consistently. Hopefully they can find some more power to help the riders on the starts which is crucial. It's tuff coming from 15th place to try and score a win with a stacked class!!
9/5/2019 3:29am
I think he’ll take another step forward just from experience and win more races. If he is beating Chase next year we will know it’s the bike though

Post a reply to: RJ hampshire

The Latest