RIP Kip 132

JW381
Edited Date/Time 11/21/2013 10:47am
http://www.nwmoto.com/?p=2850

No need for a whoop section at a local motocross track...

Ride on Kip, you will be missed.
|
PC
9/2/2010 11:00am
RIP brother.
Did you know him?

I have mixed feelings about whoops on practice tracks. Without them as practice devices you'll never improve at them, but at the same time I crashed my brains out in Jan. 2008 on some whoops and broke my clavicle, thumb and a few ribs. I'm still scared of them.

jaeckle
9/2/2010 11:42am
We lost another great man. Rest in peace Kip. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Arenacross style whoops have no place on an outdoor amateur track. Every track try's them thinking they are "setting themselves apart" from the other tracks. 100% of the time they result in broken clavicles, ribs, and necks. The AMA needs to govern the amateur tracks ability to put in such stupid obstacles. Yank the tracks AMA sanction for life.

mxb2
9/2/2010 11:58am
RIP moto bro!

The Shop

Ddavis
9/2/2010 12:07pm
PC wrote:
RIP brother. Did you know him? I have mixed feelings about whoops on practice tracks. Without them as practice devices you'll never improve at them, but...
RIP brother.
Did you know him?

I have mixed feelings about whoops on practice tracks. Without them as practice devices you'll never improve at them, but at the same time I crashed my brains out in Jan. 2008 on some whoops and broke my clavicle, thumb and a few ribs. I'm still scared of them.

I agree, last 2 times I went riding two of my friends got a concussion because they crashed in the whoops.
drmarkr
9/2/2010 12:08pm
Pardon my ignorance....Kip who? I don't see it in the article?
Cygnus
9/2/2010 12:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2010 5:14pm
Rip Kip. If your Gonna die die with your boots on.

I have whoops on my track. With a nice wide path around the outside to skip them if you choose.
mcphilly
9/2/2010 12:42pm
If you cant handle woops ...stay the fuck off the track..........go ride the trails.....better yet....go sell girl scout cookies
jeffro756
9/2/2010 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2010 1:44pm
mcphilly wrote:
If you cant handle woops ...stay the fuck off the track..........go ride the trails.....better yet....go sell girl scout cookies
Not the thread for that man...

Condolences to the family.
geo309
9/2/2010 1:50pm
I am guessing this is the article.

ALBANY, Ore. - An Albany man was killed in an off-road motorcycle crash Wednesday night, the Linn County sheriff's office reports.

Kip Davis, 37, was practicing with several riders at the Albany Supercross motocross track when he crashed his Yamaha motorcycle while trying to negotiate several large bumps in the track, said Tim Mueller, a sheriff's spokesman.

Davis suffered massive internal injuries from the crash and was pronounced dead at the scene, Mueller said.

Police say Davis was an experienced rider who practiced several days a week at the track.

This comes just days after 13-year-old Peter Lenz died in a crash Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
JW381
9/2/2010 2:27pm
Yeah, it was Kip Davis. I did know him a little, and he was a genuine good guy. It kills me when anything bad happens, but this summer has been too much. My very best friends dad was in ICU for around 17 days with head injuries, and now this.

Anytime we'd be waiting for practice to start, he'd strike up a conversation with whoever he was next to, and when that someone was me, he'd always talk about having fun and the track and tell me I was riding good, even tho I knew he was lying. The guy had great style for being 37 too.

He loved this sport too. Like I thought I had a passion for moto, but this guy might have out done me. I feel like a dweeb sometime because of how much I follow the sport, but Kip was definitely an avid motocross fan, and he loved this sport with everything he had. That is the only part about this whole ordeal keeping me seeing what little bright side their is. If I can choose to pass away, I want it to be doing something or to be in the presence of the people that mean the most to me.

R.I.P. Kip
mxb2
9/2/2010 2:35pm
Good post JW381, it hits home because everyone on this site loves moto! Life is short enjoy it! I m sure he s smilin down at you man thinkin of how it was thoughtful just to post this tragedy! RIP moto bro, did nt know the man. But prayers to his friends and family!
MCfan4life
9/2/2010 2:47pm
mcphilly wrote:
WOW. You're a class act aren't you...

You should be booted for posting that in a thread detailing a riders death. Totally uncalled for.

RIP Kip
mcphilly
9/2/2010 2:58pm
mcphilly wrote:
MCfan4life wrote:
WOW. You're a class act aren't you...

You should be booted for posting that in a thread detailing a riders death. Totally uncalled for.

RIP Kip
that comment was uncalled for and not intended for the rider killed. for that i apologize .

I meant to take the quote " No need for a woop section on a local motocross " but it didnt copy......My comment was intended for that comment only...

RIP and my condolences to his family
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
9/2/2010 3:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2010 4:17pm
mcphilly wrote:
wow...what a fucking dick. I'm sorry about your loss, always a sad day to hear about someone passing away while on a bike.
kwhite199
9/2/2010 3:28pm
mcphilly wrote:
Definitely not the time or place. It could happen to anyone, no matter who you are.

RIP.
JW381
9/2/2010 8:47pm
mcphilly wrote:
kwhite199 wrote:
Definitely not the time or place. It could happen to anyone, no matter who you are.

RIP.
Exactly! Guys like Travis and James have wadded up many o' times, at National speed, but then Kip drops his front end one time and that's all she wrote? No one is exempt.

As far as my comment about whoops go, it can happen anywhere on the track, but big peaked whoops increase your chances. I don't care how you look at it, that's a common crashing spot. I'm not saying it's some mx obstacle that should be banned, but as dangerous as tracks are, no need to add insult to injury.

Let's take this argument to another thread tho, this was just meant to be a tribute to Kip. The guy loved anything moto, so I'm sure he's frowning upon me for stirring up all this argument in the name of motocross..
Void Main
9/2/2010 8:51pm
geo309 wrote:
I am guessing this is the article. ALBANY, Ore. - An Albany man was killed in an off-road motorcycle crash Wednesday night, the Linn County sheriff's...
I am guessing this is the article.

ALBANY, Ore. - An Albany man was killed in an off-road motorcycle crash Wednesday night, the Linn County sheriff's office reports.

Kip Davis, 37, was practicing with several riders at the Albany Supercross motocross track when he crashed his Yamaha motorcycle while trying to negotiate several large bumps in the track, said Tim Mueller, a sheriff's spokesman.

Davis suffered massive internal injuries from the crash and was pronounced dead at the scene, Mueller said.

Police say Davis was an experienced rider who practiced several days a week at the track.

This comes just days after 13-year-old Peter Lenz died in a crash Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Notice how they had to tie in the Indy death... RIP Kip.
oldx
9/2/2010 10:26pm
RIP Kip
jeffro503
9/3/2010 9:29pm
JW381 wrote:
Yeah, it was Kip Davis. I did know him a little, and he was a genuine good guy. It kills me when anything bad happens, but...
Yeah, it was Kip Davis. I did know him a little, and he was a genuine good guy. It kills me when anything bad happens, but this summer has been too much. My very best friends dad was in ICU for around 17 days with head injuries, and now this.

Anytime we'd be waiting for practice to start, he'd strike up a conversation with whoever he was next to, and when that someone was me, he'd always talk about having fun and the track and tell me I was riding good, even tho I knew he was lying. The guy had great style for being 37 too.

He loved this sport too. Like I thought I had a passion for moto, but this guy might have out done me. I feel like a dweeb sometime because of how much I follow the sport, but Kip was definitely an avid motocross fan, and he loved this sport with everything he had. That is the only part about this whole ordeal keeping me seeing what little bright side their is. If I can choose to pass away, I want it to be doing something or to be in the presence of the people that mean the most to me.

R.I.P. Kip
I feel for you JW......this kind of stuff is never easy to deal with. I had a couple friends call me after that happened , and it happened to another guy at Mtn View last Sunday ( but not from a wreck....he had a heart attack )

I have had some good friends and people I know that have been taken away from me , and unfortunately , it's the nature of the beast.

God speed Kip.....You will be missed by many.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
9/4/2010 4:45am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2010 4:48am
JW381 wrote:
Exactly! Guys like Travis and James have wadded up many o' times, at National speed, but then Kip drops his front end one time and that's...
Exactly! Guys like Travis and James have wadded up many o' times, at National speed, but then Kip drops his front end one time and that's all she wrote? No one is exempt.

As far as my comment about whoops go, it can happen anywhere on the track, but big peaked whoops increase your chances. I don't care how you look at it, that's a common crashing spot. I'm not saying it's some mx obstacle that should be banned, but as dangerous as tracks are, no need to add insult to injury.

Let's take this argument to another thread tho, this was just meant to be a tribute to Kip. The guy loved anything moto, so I'm sure he's frowning upon me for stirring up all this argument in the name of motocross..
First off.....

Very sorry this happened.

Condolences to his family & friends. RIP Kip.

JW381,what class did he ride/race?

Tell us a little more about him...

Also here is a news video I found from KOIN6 with some pictures of him.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/...zHyXeg.cspx?rss=1100
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
9/4/2010 4:47am
Also found this....

A memorial service will be at 6:00 PM Thursday, September 9, 2010 at the Elks Lodge, 440 Osage St. Sweet Home, OR. Please come celebrate his life with the family. Arrangements by Fisher Funeral Home.
JW381
9/5/2010 12:16am
JW381 wrote:
Exactly! Guys like Travis and James have wadded up many o' times, at National speed, but then Kip drops his front end one time and that's...

FastEddy wrote:
First off..... Very sorry this happened. Condolences to his family & friends. RIP Kip. JW381,what class did he ride/race? Tell us a little more about him...
First off.....

Very sorry this happened.

Condolences to his family & friends. RIP Kip.

JW381,what class did he ride/race?

Tell us a little more about him...

Also here is a news video I found from KOIN6 with some pictures of him.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/...zHyXeg.cspx?rss=1100
Thanks for that link eddy. I went to the ceremony for Kip at Albany MX on Friday, and it was very heavy stuff. But there were also a lot of laughs, and from the sound of it, that's just the type of guy Kip was 24/7, so it's only natural that his ceremony would have plenty of good memories to look back upon as well.

I didn't know him hardly at all, but I believe he raced 30+ C or B. He was definitely a good rider for being 37.

Post a reply to: RIP Kip 132

The Latest