RIP Don Schneider

bsharkey
Promotor of 4 stroke nationals. Heard he passed. Not sure of what causes yet. Saw it on brian Barnes facebook page
|
Cygnus
4/18/2017 12:12am
Saw this. Godspeed Don. Heard he was found on a park bench. Hopefully he went peacefully.
jeffro503
4/18/2017 8:44am
Damn! I knew Don a bit back in the day. Think he was still living down in Lake Oswego? He poured his heart and soul into those 4 stroke nationals. RIP Don.
500guy
4/18/2017 9:31am
I met Don several times during his 4 Stroke Nationals series years, always high energy and seemed to really care about the racers.

Godspeed Don and condolences to his family and friends.

The Shop

Mr. Info
4/19/2017 9:04pm
If story is true on Don's death even though I was not his biggest fan I don't wish how he passed on anyone. Broke with health issues and starved to death. This is all second hand but if a friend needs some help he should never be afraid to ask for a hand. God Rest His Soul.
slipdog
4/21/2017 6:45am Edited Date/Time 4/21/2017 6:46am
Anyone have any more info on The Snide?
4/21/2017 7:22am
Mr. Info wrote:
If story is true on Don's death even though I was not his biggest fan I don't wish how he passed on anyone. Broke with health...
If story is true on Don's death even though I was not his biggest fan I don't wish how he passed on anyone. Broke with health issues and starved to death. This is all second hand but if a friend needs some help he should never be afraid to ask for a hand. God Rest His Soul.
He did ask. "not his biggest fan" Why stop there? Those who have passed dont have a voice, dont stop with a back handed slap man! go for a full kick to the throat. I dont recall Don saying a bunch of negative crap about others, mainly hyping up those deserving to be noticed. Stay seated, your ass is trying to speak man.
BigDaddyG
4/21/2017 8:17am
Last I saw on his Facebook page was he was in Texas chasing a pro golf sponsorship, not getting much response and asking for donations to live on. He was always posting his resume looking for car salesman positions. Not 1 mention of his death on his FB pages which is odd.... He was homeless and living on the streets from what I can tell so I am sure it wasn't a good ending. He did a ton of good for the MX community and wasn't a bad dude at all. I also think his series had a big part to play in the evolution of the 4 stroke.

RIP.
500guy
4/21/2017 9:02am
BigDaddyG wrote:
Last I saw on his Facebook page was he was in Texas chasing a pro golf sponsorship, not getting much response and asking for donations to...
Last I saw on his Facebook page was he was in Texas chasing a pro golf sponsorship, not getting much response and asking for donations to live on. He was always posting his resume looking for car salesman positions. Not 1 mention of his death on his FB pages which is odd.... He was homeless and living on the streets from what I can tell so I am sure it wasn't a good ending. He did a ton of good for the MX community and wasn't a bad dude at all. I also think his series had a big part to play in the evolution of the 4 stroke.

RIP.
This is all like crazy news to me, I knew he struggled a little but the last facebook posts I saw from him were trying to raise money for someone else I think maybe Mike Young not sure now.

Don was always talking about Golf and dreams of Seniors tour , if He was homeless He did a great job of hiding it.
jeffro503
4/21/2017 3:45pm Edited Date/Time 4/21/2017 3:45pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
Last I saw on his Facebook page was he was in Texas chasing a pro golf sponsorship, not getting much response and asking for donations to...

RIP.
500guy wrote:
This is all like crazy news to me, I knew he struggled a little but the last facebook posts I saw from him were trying to...
This is all like crazy news to me, I knew he struggled a little but the last facebook posts I saw from him were trying to raise money for someone else I think maybe Mike Young not sure now.

Don was always talking about Golf and dreams of Seniors tour , if He was homeless He did a great job of hiding it.
This comes to a shock to me as well Jay. I was thinking about it all day and it really bugged me. I wish I would of been able to help some way. Maybe at least buy him some food or something. This kinda hits home a bit.
NWmx756
4/21/2017 4:00pm
BigDaddyG wrote:

RIP.
500guy wrote:
This is all like crazy news to me, I knew he struggled a little but the last facebook posts I saw from him were trying to...

jeffro503 wrote:
This comes to a shock to me as well Jay. I was thinking about it all day and it really bugged me. I wish I would...
This comes to a shock to me as well Jay. I was thinking about it all day and it really bugged me. I wish I would of been able to help some way. Maybe at least buy him some food or something. This kinda hits home a bit.
Whoa! This is crazy Don was my manager at an auto body shop about 7 years ago. Always wondered what happened to the guy.
stantdm
4/24/2017 10:40am
Does anyone really know what happened? He probably did not starve to death. There was mention on FB of him checking into a shelter. Next thing I hear is he passed away.

Post a reply to: RIP Don Schneider

The Latest