RIP 471

Related:
Create New Tag

7/27/2019 8:10 AM

I am not sure if this is moto to the rest of you but it was moto for me. Just one week ago (7-20-19) I was in Honolulu for a 2 week vacation along with several family members. We got that phone call that no parent ever wants to receive. Sidney, my youngest of 2 sons had been killed at a local bar while out having a good time with several friends. He was 27 years old. He was stabbed once in the chest while trying to break up a fight between his friend and another knife wielding bar patron.

Sidney had two passions in life, they were Motocross and Alabama football. Sid, his brother and I started racing moto back in 2004 (sid was 12) and we have been riding and racing ever since. His nephew would join in on the fun around 2014. Our life and weekend schedule revolved around those two passions listed above. Our spring schedules consisted of which LLQ we could make, This past year was our 15 consecutive Atlanta Supercross. We went to several outdoor nationals over the years including Jacksonville about 3 weeks ago. We spent a whole week down there vacationing. I am glad we did as this proved to be the last times I would ever spend with my boy. We talked regularly but both having opposing schedules for work it was hard to see each other even though we were separated by only 1 mile.

After going through the last week I noticed one thing, my boy had made an impact on everyone he meet. He was universally liked/loved. He always had a smile and most everyone loved him. I have never seen an outpouring of love like that. We tried to give Sidney a funeral I think he would have liked representing his two loves. I think it was a success. Local track (War Eagle Mx in Auburn, Al) came and got Sid's bike and cleaned it up like it had never been cleaned before and working with Backyard design got him a new front plate with new number background and side plates (this was done in less than two days). The bike was setup outside funeral home for all to sign. And man did they. Then we put is bike graveside and cranked it up for one last (well several rev limiter busting revs). What was funny is it seems ole Sid got the last laugh. If anyone knew Sid knew that he has always had bikes that were difficult to crank (whether it was him or the bike) but his poor brother had to kick and kick to fire it off. I am sure he was laughing inside that casket.

Anyway, I just wanted (needed) to report to the moto world that my baby was gone. A lot of our conversation took place about vitalmx topics. He was a member here, He rarely posted but was a very frequent reader as am I. We talked about other posters on vital like we knew them when topics came up. Guys names like guyb, bobbym,newmann, peelout, etc, and many many more of you guys. His name here was mxmobster471. Sidney was a great son, brother and uncle to his nephew who he almost always gave advice to on the starting gate before Eden would go out to race. He never made it to Loretta's and he knew he wouldn't but we always tried and have many a road trip filled with laughs and love. It was enough to fill a lifetime. But at 27 I was not ready to quit racing with him and that was taken from me and all those he touched. For me and his brother and nephew this will always be a very intimate subject, racing that is. I am going to leave a few pics below to commemorate my sons life if that's okay. #ridered, #471forever, #RTR

If you some some old guy (late 40's) with a 471 Alabama t-shirt on at Loretta's next week (thur, fri, sat) please say hi. Kobe Hefner will be carrying Sid around with him at Loretta's next week in Open Pro Sport and 250 Pro Sport. Wish him luck. He never made it to Loretta's but he will this year if only in spirit.

|

7/27/2019 8:14 AM

Yes, it is moto related. I am sorry for your horrific loss.

RIP 471

|

7/27/2019 8:17 AM

There are no words to express how sorry I am. RIP Sidney.

|

7/27/2019 8:17 AM

So sorry for your loss.

R.I.P #471

|

7/27/2019 8:20 AM

I am so very sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. That is such a nice tribute to your son you posted here. To say I’m not a bit teary eyed right now would be a lie.

RIP Sidney 471

|

7/27/2019 8:21 AM

Very, very sad for your loss. Sending best wishes to your family.

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

7/27/2019 8:22 AM

Man that’s terrible. Your son sounds like he was a great man, and a true loss.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

7/27/2019 8:25 AM

My condolences to you and your family! Rest In Peace you man.

|

7/27/2019 8:25 AM

So extremely sorry for your loss. I couldn’t imagine losing my son. RIP 😔

|

7/27/2019 8:34 AM

Sorry

|

7/27/2019 8:35 AM

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your son. Wishing you and your family the best at a difficult time.

|

7/27/2019 8:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2019 8:48 AM

Kids are not supposed to go before parents, prayers to your family and his friends. It looks like a life well lived, and the community feels the loss of a Moto Brother.

I hope the killer sees this and realizes what a wonderful gift of life he took, as he lives his last days behind bars.

RIP SH471 and Roll Tide!

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

7/27/2019 8:49 AM

Condolences to you and your family.

|

7/27/2019 8:57 AM

Wow, that is very powerful.

Condolences to you and yours.

|

7/27/2019 8:57 AM

I don't know any words that can help heal your pain but know that the moto community feels the loss because he was one of us. May he rest in peace!

|

7/27/2019 9:11 AM

Incredibly sad, and I am sorry for your and your family's loss. RIP, young man.

|

7/27/2019 9:15 AM

Our babies are our babies, no matter how old they are, or how far they go in life. My deepest condolences for you and your family, and for everyone that was a part of his life.

|

7/27/2019 9:18 AM

Oh wow this is heavy, I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Sidney.

|

7/27/2019 9:20 AM

I hate to hear things like this... RIP 471

|

7/27/2019 9:21 AM

Had a lot of the same experiences, like yours, with my boys. I cant imagine what you and yours are going through. I wish I could find words that help.

I hope that you and all affected can find comfort.

Godspeed.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

7/27/2019 9:22 AM

Damn... this brings back some memories of losing my brother. While I can’t say that I understand what you’re going thru as a father, I can say that I understand what it feels like to have someone that you love, taken from you. I’m sorry that you’ve been robbed of many more years with your son. I have two kids, 27 and 30 years old and can’t imagine having to go this. R.I.P. Sidney

|

7/27/2019 9:26 AM

langhammx wrote:

Damn... this brings back some memories of losing my brother. While I can’t say that I understand what you’re going thru as a father, I can say that I understand what it feels like to have someone that you love, taken from you. I’m sorry that you’ve been robbed of many more years with your son. I have two kids, 27 and 30 years old and can’t imagine having to go this. R.I.P. Sidney

Thank you, my oldest will be 30 in a month.

|

7/27/2019 9:43 AM

So sorry

|

7/27/2019 9:49 AM

Rest in Peace Brother , So sorry for your loss

|

7/27/2019 9:51 AM

langhammx wrote:

Been there too - lost a brother - and I still can’t imagine losing one of my boys.

Godspeed Sir and RIP 471

|

7/27/2019 9:56 AM

RIP Sidney

|

7/27/2019 9:59 AM

So tragic that one short moment can make a lifetime of hurt.

Sincere condolences.

|

7/27/2019 10:03 AM

So sorry for your loss. Hang in there Gharmon, we are here for you.

|

7/27/2019 10:03 AM

Sorry for your loss. Rip Sidney

|

7/27/2019 10:15 AM

Sorry for your loss. RIP Sidney .

|