RIP #210 Jonathan Mayzak

Chance1216
8/13/2019 6:09am
And this is why I am ALWAYS the designated driver when I go out with friends. That's BS that could've been avoided. RIP 210
tp4
8/13/2019 6:10am
sandman768 wrote:
Condolences to the family. Tragic and totally unnecessary, I have spent many nights at Unadilla and witnessed people speeding past on Rt 8, the country road...
Condolences to the family. Tragic and totally unnecessary, I have spent many nights at Unadilla and witnessed people speeding past on Rt 8, the country road that splits the facility. It’s nothing new, if I remember correctly Gaylon Moiser was killed out that way while training on his bicycle back in 1980. Seems like a parked trooper or sheriff vehicle with lights on would be enough to make motorist realize there is heavy pedestrian presence during The Weekend.
God speed Moto brother....
Crossup wrote:
This is very sad news. My prayers for Jonathan and his family. RIP Jonathan. I was also sadly reminded of Gaylon Mosier's untimely death at 26...
This is very sad news. My prayers for Jonathan and his family.

RIP Jonathan.

I was also sadly reminded of Gaylon Mosier's untimely death at 26 years old nearby Unadilla. He he was on a training ride on his bicycle up near Rochester when he was hit by a truck. Gaylon was one of my favorite racers and a really nice guy that would take the time to chat with a kid like me. I walked the track before practice with him in 1979 and was looking forward to seeing him at the 1980 Trans-AMA. This is what I found when I got to the Kawi box vans.

was thinking the same ..remember when...
RIP...young man..Jonathan Mayzak..
Jharper
8/13/2019 9:33am
I thought you guys would enjoy this. Jonathan wrote this for 4H at ten years old. His mom reposted it today and it's too good not to share. I had to photoshop my screenshots together, so pardon that.

8/13/2019 9:46am
Wow, this is horrible. RIP Jonathon.

For someone who's never been to Unadilla can you explain how it's laid out to allow something like this to happen? You have an in-form athlete motocrosser who gets hit on the side of a highway near the track? Did the drunk driver veer off on the shoulder? Was Jonathan on a bicycle?

Such a tragedy.

The Shop

Jharper
8/13/2019 9:51am
Wow, this is horrible. RIP Jonathon. For someone who's never been to Unadilla can you explain how it's laid out to allow something like this to...

For someone who's never been to Unadilla can you explain how it's laid out to allow something like this to happen? You have an in-form athlete motocrosser who gets hit on the side of a highway near the track? Did the drunk driver veer off on the shoulder? Was Jonathan on a bicycle?

Such a tragedy.
It was dark and the drunk driver had his lights off.
8/13/2019 9:58am
Unbelievably sad to read this....prayers out to his family and friends, and godspeed #210.
8/13/2019 10:39am
That statement he wrote is so poignant to all of us racers old or new , very sad.
digger
Fantasy
3883rd
8/13/2019 2:36pm
Wow, this is horrible. RIP Jonathon. For someone who's never been to Unadilla can you explain how it's laid out to allow something like this to...

Such a tragedy.
Jharper wrote:
From what I read, The car with its headlight off was following closely behind another car which did have its headlights on. Jonathon went to cross the road quickly after the first car with its headlights on passed, and simply didn't see the other car behind it with its headlights off. He was hit almost immediately after stepping into the road.

Very Sad
8/13/2019 2:52pm

Such a tragedy.
Jharper wrote:
digger wrote:
From what I read, The car with its headlight off was following closely behind another car which did have its headlights on. Jonathon went to cross...
From what I read, The car with its headlight off was following closely behind another car which did have its headlights on. Jonathon went to cross the road quickly after the first car with its headlights on passed, and simply didn't see the other car behind it with its headlights off. He was hit almost immediately after stepping into the road.

Very Sad
Oh man, that is really sad. Two family's lives ruined in an instant. It happens approximately every 50 minutes in the US.

RIP 210
willie838
8/13/2019 4:25pm
Jharper wrote:
I thought you guys would enjoy this. Jonathan wrote this for 4H at ten years old. His mom reposted it today and it's too good not...
I thought you guys would enjoy this. Jonathan wrote this for 4H at ten years old. His mom reposted it today and it's too good not to share. I had to photoshop my screenshots together, so pardon that.

Man this is brutal.
mb
8/14/2019 7:12am

Such a tragedy.
Jharper wrote:
digger wrote:
From what I read, The car with its headlight off was following closely behind another car which did have its headlights on. Jonathon went to cross...

Very Sad
I assume this is a 2 lane country road without much lighting, which made me curious how the vehicle was driving without lights at speed. Now the scenario makes sense. The only way is to follow a set of brake lights down the road. The 1st vehicle headlights temporarily blinding the pedestrian not being able to see the 2nd car, road noise from the first known vehicle not allowing the pedestrian to hear the 2nd car. The pedestrian doesn’t stand a chance.

All because some piece of trash was too irresponsible to turn their lights on, too irresponsible not to risk the lives of everyone around them including the children in the vehicle by driving under the influence. He should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Jharper
8/14/2019 8:15am
Jharper wrote:
digger wrote:

Very Sad
mb wrote:
I assume this is a 2 lane country road without much lighting, which made me curious how the vehicle was driving without lights at speed. Now...
I assume this is a 2 lane country road without much lighting, which made me curious how the vehicle was driving without lights at speed. Now the scenario makes sense. The only way is to follow a set of brake lights down the road. The 1st vehicle headlights temporarily blinding the pedestrian not being able to see the 2nd car, road noise from the first known vehicle not allowing the pedestrian to hear the 2nd car. The pedestrian doesn’t stand a chance.

All because some piece of trash was too irresponsible to turn their lights on, too irresponsible not to risk the lives of everyone around them including the children in the vehicle by driving under the influence. He should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
You are exactly correct. His brother Matthew was inches from also being hit. He said he grabbed his shirt reaching out for him when he realized what was happening.
DerickYZ
8/14/2019 8:23am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2019 8:25am

This post was made the morning after. So sad, Godspeed!
Jharper
8/14/2019 5:10pm
I made this for the family today. Anyone who wants the file for stickers just shoot me a message and I’ll email it. I’m not charging anyone anything for it, but if you want you can donate to the family’s gofundme here:

Gofundme

willie838
8/15/2019 12:18pm
Jharper wrote:
I made this for the family today. Anyone who wants the file for stickers just shoot me a message and I’ll email it. I’m not charging...
I made this for the family today. Anyone who wants the file for stickers just shoot me a message and I’ll email it. I’m not charging anyone anything for it, but if you want you can donate to the family’s gofundme here:

Gofundme

Man done deal. I shipped 10 just for the brotherhood.

Kenny Lingus
8/15/2019 12:58pm
Hate hearing stuff like this. Unfortunately, this is not uncommon in NY and happens quite regularly. Drunk drivers are the lowest of the lowest.
oilman400
Fantasy
1914th
8/15/2019 1:32pm
So sad to loose such a loving moto brother, RIP 424
Jharper
8/16/2019 6:39am Edited Date/Time 8/16/2019 6:41am
Jharper wrote:
I made this for the family today. Anyone who wants the file for stickers just shoot me a message and I’ll email it. I’m not charging...

Gofundme

willie838 wrote:

Did I already email you the ai. file? If you need it shoot me an email address. The PNG is 300 DPI so I'm sure that could be used as well.

Also I'd love to have a sticker or a few myself. I'd be happy to pay for them.
Motoxtombo
8/19/2019 7:11pm
sandman768 wrote:
Condolences to the family. Tragic and totally unnecessary, I have spent many nights at Unadilla and witnessed people speeding past on Rt 8, the country road...
Condolences to the family. Tragic and totally unnecessary, I have spent many nights at Unadilla and witnessed people speeding past on Rt 8, the country road that splits the facility. It’s nothing new, if I remember correctly Gaylon Moiser was killed out that way while training on his bicycle back in 1980. Seems like a parked trooper or sheriff vehicle with lights on would be enough to make motorist realize there is heavy pedestrian presence during The Weekend.
God speed Moto brother....
Crossup wrote:
This is very sad news. My prayers for Jonathan and his family. RIP Jonathan. I was also sadly reminded of Gaylon Mosier's untimely death at 26...
This is very sad news. My prayers for Jonathan and his family.

RIP Jonathan.

I was also sadly reminded of Gaylon Mosier's untimely death at 26 years old nearby Unadilla. He he was on a training ride on his bicycle up near Rochester when he was hit by a truck. Gaylon was one of my favorite racers and a really nice guy that would take the time to chat with a kid like me. I walked the track before practice with him in 1979 and was looking forward to seeing him at the 1980 Trans-AMA. This is what I found when I got to the Kawi box vans.

I was at Unadilla at the 1980 Trans AMA race,I remember walking along the fence checking out the pits and seeing Gaylon's bike, I couldn't believe what happened to him. Of course back then all we had was Cycle News so most people at the race didn't know what happened to Gaylon until they got to the race.

RIP Jonathan

Motoxtombo
8/19/2019 7:38pm
I just looked and I took a few photos of Jonathan at the Southwick National this year,here are a couple large size photos of him. If they don't open full size 1600x1067 when you click on them right click the link under each photo and choose "open in a new tab or window"

https://a4.pbase.com/o12/97/326897/1/169654886.4lIA1P6p.210_A15F8291web…

https://a4.pbase.com/o12/97/326897/1/169654887.Vt0i8sOb.210_AL4I7580web…

willie838
8/19/2019 8:46pm
Jharper wrote:

Gofundme

willie838 wrote:

Jharper wrote:
Did I already email you the ai. file? If you need it shoot me an email address. The PNG is 300 DPI so I'm sure that...
Did I already email you the ai. file? If you need it shoot me an email address. The PNG is 300 DPI so I'm sure that could be used as well.

Also I'd love to have a sticker or a few myself. I'd be happy to pay for them.
Nah... That's OK. It's a cool image but I'm not gonna print it up and do anything... Non worries.
Jharper
8/20/2019 4:35am
Oh, what did you mean? You quoted me and said " I shipped 10 just for the brotherhood" I thought you meant you printed them.

Post a reply to: RIP #210 Jonathan Mayzak

The Latest