RIGHT ON MIKE ALESSI!!

DownSouth
8/29/2010 4:32pm
This is going to sound like I am diminishing what Mike did yesterday but that is not my intention.

Southwick was a bit of a weird day. Alessi. Goerke, and Chisholm finished 2-3-4 in the overall, and 4 riders who have been regularly beating all 3 of those guys had a horrible days (Short-Metcalfe) or motos (Townley-Hahn).

My question is how far does the confidence gained on a day where your competitors blew it go? Is Mike back in the mix or is will things be even stranger next week?

Another thing that seems odd was the post race press conference where Mike said he his problem had been over training and trying too hard. Then his next statement was that in the week off he trained super hard and was running on the beach and really pushing himself and it all paid off. Huh?
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
8/29/2010 4:38pm
DownSouth wrote:
This is going to sound like I am diminishing what Mike did yesterday but that is not my intention. Southwick was a bit of a weird...
This is going to sound like I am diminishing what Mike did yesterday but that is not my intention.

Southwick was a bit of a weird day. Alessi. Goerke, and Chisholm finished 2-3-4 in the overall, and 4 riders who have been regularly beating all 3 of those guys had a horrible days (Short-Metcalfe) or motos (Townley-Hahn).

My question is how far does the confidence gained on a day where your competitors blew it go? Is Mike back in the mix or is will things be even stranger next week?

Another thing that seems odd was the post race press conference where Mike said he his problem had been over training and trying too hard. Then his next statement was that in the week off he trained super hard and was running on the beach and really pushing himself and it all paid off. Huh?
Goerke and Chisolm haul at southwick, no surprise that they were close to the front
BobbyM
8/30/2010 11:55am
DownSouth wrote:
This is going to sound like I am diminishing what Mike did yesterday but that is not my intention. Southwick was a bit of a weird...

over training would cause you to fade...not lose speed, reflexes or will, for 3 or 4 laps anyways. Sad
ando
8/30/2010 12:12pm
BobbyM wrote:
the bike mike is riding is not anything like AC's bike. that is a fact and whether you believe it or not doesn't change that fact
Bobby, as an honest question, what do you think the likely differences are between AC's bike and Mike's bike? I know the GP's basically have fewer limitations and the factories can run pure "works" bikes, but much of what I've seen and read (second hand admittedly) in the last few years suggests to me that the GP bikes are, overall, not that much different from the AMA bikes these days.

With the much tighter sound limits on GP bikes I thought they would be even closer?

Also KTM has a fairly solid history in the last 5-10 years of putting their GP technology onto production bikes within a year or so. I know that's not proof of anything but it is an indicator that they don't tend to run bikes in the GP's that are pure fantasy for anybody else.

The Shop

cpj36
8/30/2010 4:58pm
According to the AMA pros there's a lot of difference in the GP bikes. Among others, Reed recently mentioned 15 lbs lighter, and Mitch Payton says no power difference between GP exhaust and AMA MXDN exhaust.

338 was a really short start straight into a 180 turn, by the time you get going you're having to slow a 450 down, no doubt Mike could stay in it longer and easily out brake everyone into that turn, and he was on the inside. Given the amount of corners, sweeping lines and relatively short straights it's not a surprise to see the 350 do well there. I haven't ridden there but compared to the 2 stk days and even the 250's, the 450's look sort of confined on that track.
BobbyM
8/30/2010 9:42pm
BobbyM wrote:
the bike mike is riding is not anything like AC's bike. that is a fact and whether you believe it or not doesn't change that fact
ando wrote:
Bobby, as an honest question, what do you think the likely differences are between AC's bike and Mike's bike? I know the GP's basically have fewer...
Bobby, as an honest question, what do you think the likely differences are between AC's bike and Mike's bike? I know the GP's basically have fewer limitations and the factories can run pure "works" bikes, but much of what I've seen and read (second hand admittedly) in the last few years suggests to me that the GP bikes are, overall, not that much different from the AMA bikes these days.

With the much tighter sound limits on GP bikes I thought they would be even closer?

Also KTM has a fairly solid history in the last 5-10 years of putting their GP technology onto production bikes within a year or so. I know that's not proof of anything but it is an indicator that they don't tend to run bikes in the GP's that are pure fantasy for anybody else.
bout 60cc's, front and rear suspenders and unobtanium specialty parts...other than that not much
tobz
8/30/2010 9:46pm
BobbyM wrote:
ando wrote:
Bobby, as an honest question, what do you think the likely differences are between AC's bike and Mike's bike? I know the GP's basically have fewer...

BobbyM wrote:
bout 60cc's, front and rear suspenders and unobtanium specialty parts...other than that not much
Bullshit. Where the hell are the "facts"?
8/30/2010 9:50pm
ando wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
tobz wrote:
ac did seem to have that much advantage at GH so??
andymoto
8/30/2010 10:14pm
Real nice performance by Mike. Hope he finishes the season off on podium last 2 Nats.

BobbyM
8/30/2010 10:28pm
ando wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
tobz wrote:
of life? or the cold hard ones?
Spinner
8/30/2010 10:31pm
ando wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
tobz wrote:
Facts? Are you serious?
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
8/30/2010 10:32pm
BobbyM wrote:
tobz wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
I'm gonna call BS too. Did you build both bikes?? Maybe your confusing fact with uneducated and unsupported opinion.

AC is faster than Mike. He was faster at Glen Helen and he only had 1 gear.
Mike rode well this last week, he hasn't ridden that well since the first race of the year and his result showed.

Stop spewing out all these excuses for Mike losing and excuses for AC winning when you have zero inside knowledge about what actually goes on.
BobbyM
8/30/2010 10:43pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2010 10:48pm
tobz wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
haydos25 wrote:
I'm gonna call BS too. Did you build both bikes?? Maybe your confusing fact with uneducated and unsupported opinion. AC is faster than Mike. He was...
I'm gonna call BS too. Did you build both bikes?? Maybe your confusing fact with uneducated and unsupported opinion.

Mike rode well this last week, he hasn't ridden that well since the first race of the year and his result showed.

Stop spewing out all these excuses for Mike losing and excuses for AC winning when you have zero inside knowledge about what actually goes on.

irony...

haydos25 wrote: I'm gonna call BS too. Did you build both bikes?? Maybe your confusing fact with uneducated and unsupported opinion.

are you saying the only person in the entire fucking universe that would know if both bikes were identical or not would have to have built both bikes?

you win...i made it all up, because i didn't and have never even touched either bike. you got me.....
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
8/30/2010 10:46pm
BobbyM wrote:
haydos25 wrote:
I'm gonna call BS too. Did you build both bikes?? Maybe your confusing fact with uneducated and unsupported opinion. AC is faster than Mike. He was...

BobbyM wrote:
AC is faster than Mike. He was faster at Glen Helen and he only had 1 gear. irony... haydos25 wrote: [b]I'm gonna call BS too. Did...

irony...

haydos25 wrote: I'm gonna call BS too. Did you build both bikes?? Maybe your confusing fact with uneducated and unsupported opinion.

are you saying the only person in the entire fucking universe that would know if both bikes were identical or not would have to have built both bikes?

you win...i made it all up, because i didn't and have never even touched either bike. you got me.....
a bad tradesman always blames his tools.
BobbyM
8/30/2010 10:49pm
haydos25 wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
AC is faster than Mike. He was faster at Glen Helen and he only had 1 gear. irony... haydos25 wrote: [b]I'm gonna call BS too. Did...

irony...

haydos25 wrote:
a bad tradesman always blames his tools.
or the wet and warped wood.
cpj36
8/31/2010 5:29am
I'm waiting on the facts too, that we can buy the same bike. All the commercials suggest they're on the same bike we can buy so maybe they're actually stock. I picked up an 2010 KXF but I'm not sure if I got the same thing RV and Reed have. They wouldn't mislead us would they?

I bet the AMA teams don't bother with the 1st year exemption either, why would you when you could just feed your own ego by riding less than what you legally can? like AC is doing.

Sure a 450 may make a better looking 350 than a 350 but working harder for the same or less results is more gratifying.
cpj36
8/31/2010 5:32am
But the fact is AC himself acknowledged the bike is slower by considering a 450 for Colorado. That's one fact to consider, other than the fact that AC can ride a bigger bike and still be within the rules.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
8/31/2010 5:39am
I just think it is great BobbyM finally was able to make a "congrats Mike" post instead of another post whining about how his bike is junk and that is why he hasn't been up front...haha
Crush
8/31/2010 5:55am
This is more boring than talking about Mike's Dad!!!

Explain this then?

1) People on 250s going quicker... ie, CP, RV, Bubba, Reedy, RC, RR at selected tracks...

2) And if AC's bike is a 400... How much difference is that really... You telling me if Mikey gets a 5mm stroker kit in his bike he'll go from 10th to first...

IT'S NOT THE ENGINE.
vntgmx16
8/31/2010 6:01am
Good ride for Mike and hopefully he can keep it going this weekend.
Having been at the press conference it was obvious this weekend was a big relief and building block for him and there is no doubting his passion for the sport regardless of where you fall on Mike's career thus far.
wreckitrandy
8/31/2010 6:08am
Mike's problems, be they mechanical, mental or physical, all stem from choices he has made. KTM didn't kidnap him. Girlfriends are only as much of a problem as you let 'em be. The father/ son thing is much more of a touchy subject but still, be a man Mike. Physically? He looks fit but so did Stanton. Who you listen to about things you know little about can certainly have an effect on the outcome. Still, we choose who we listen to. Everyone that blames the bike for Mike's performance may think they are on his side but I beg to differ. You are an enabler. You've beaten Mike before he even lines up. A built in excuse seldom goes unused.

Mike has overcome a lot of obsticles. I hope he continues to pick HIMSELF up.
cpj36
8/31/2010 8:42am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2010 8:49am
Crush wrote:
This is more boring than talking about Mike's Dad!!! Explain this then? 1) People on 250s going quicker... ie, CP, RV, Bubba, Reedy, RC, RR at...
This is more boring than talking about Mike's Dad!!!

Explain this then?

1) People on 250s going quicker... ie, CP, RV, Bubba, Reedy, RC, RR at selected tracks...

2) And if AC's bike is a 400... How much difference is that really... You telling me if Mikey gets a 5mm stroker kit in his bike he'll go from 10th to first...

IT'S NOT THE ENGINE.
Smaller bike is faster going downhill and into corners, RV at Budds, Mike last week. However, they're slower coming out of corners, uphills and starts, that's why you only see that (other than occasional lap times) given the right conditions and none of them get any faster lap times when they move up to 450's.

Who knows how much bigger AC's bike is but every single thing you hear suggests the 350 is probably closer to a 250 2 stk than a 450.

Most of the AC lovers claim there's also nothing special in a GP works bike and the 350 is plenty. That would mean they're not doing much but getting a hell of lot from a bike that nobody thinks is near equal to the 450 and AC was only diminishing the 350 when discussing a 450 for MXDN.

How do you get those starts from a 350 that's really no different than an AMA bike and why would you need a 450 for a certain race if power isn't a problem?

Is it because a good showing in Colorado would be too much over the top bullshit to believe it was really a 350, and to perpetuate the same lie there would raise doubt on the entire season?? So we'll just use the same bike and call it a 450 in Colorado?
BobbyM
8/31/2010 6:52pm
yup guys...they are identical scooters. i don't know anybody or anything and you guys obviously do. you win....i was wrong again, just pulling shit out of my ass and seeing if it will stick. all made up crap...why not?
Mutt
8/31/2010 6:56pm
I'm disappointed, three pages and not one, BoobyM/Alessi, Man/Boy love picture!
the_wood109
8/31/2010 7:02pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2010 7:08pm
It is the same argument with the same amount of proof.....

Cairoli's bike is a 400. Oh yeah, prove it!

Both bikes are the same. Oh yeah, prove it!

The only evidence that suggests to me that perhaps the 350 is under par, are the comments that Cairoli made about using a 450 at the MXoN. He anticipated the 350 being a problem at the high altitude. This would lead my to believe that:

A) The bike is different enough that it would be hard for Cairoli to get a good setting at altitude.

or

Cool Cairoli recognizes that the bike is a bit weaker and that the altitude would hurt it even more.

Then again, all I can do is speculate....just like everybody else.
tobz
8/31/2010 7:05pm
BobbyM wrote:
yup guys...they are identical scooters. i don't know anybody or anything and you guys obviously do. you win....i was wrong again, just pulling shit out of...
yup guys...they are identical scooters. i don't know anybody or anything and you guys obviously do. you win....i was wrong again, just pulling shit out of my ass and seeing if it will stick. all made up crap...why not?
Slight differences are obvious because they're on different teams, but they're both on a ktm 350sxf. Mike just sucks and AC can handle it.
8/31/2010 7:10pm
Matthes stated in Southwick Observations that Mike himself said the engine is fine. The suspension and handling on the other hand.......
cpj36
8/31/2010 7:27pm
It is the same argument with the same amount of proof..... Cairoli's bike is a 400. Oh yeah, prove it! Both bikes are the same. Oh...
It is the same argument with the same amount of proof.....

Cairoli's bike is a 400. Oh yeah, prove it!

Both bikes are the same. Oh yeah, prove it!

The only evidence that suggests to me that perhaps the 350 is under par, are the comments that Cairoli made about using a 450 at the MXoN. He anticipated the 350 being a problem at the high altitude. This would lead my to believe that:

A) The bike is different enough that it would be hard for Cairoli to get a good setting at altitude.

or

Cool Cairoli recognizes that the bike is a bit weaker and that the altitude would hurt it even more.

Then again, all I can do is speculate....just like everybody else.
That's the right direction, when I hear that though I wonder how it can be under powered there but not everywhere else too. If it's down on power at altitude it's down on power at sea level and everywhere in between.

I think it would just be the same bike he's already on but calling it a 350 and running well up there would result in raising the bullshit flag on the entire 350 season. So they just call it what it is up there, a 450, and all is well.
KAWboy14
8/31/2010 7:30pm
HuskyEd wrote:
Washed up? Stick a fork in him he's done?

He's 4th overall in points for God's sake!Unsure
but whos missing?

Post a reply to: RIGHT ON MIKE ALESSI!!

The Latest