RESTARTS are BS...

karnivool
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:28pm
I like both the Ryans and don't care who wins the title...I am pulling for cr22 as a whole...

but restarts are complete crap...

mx is the only motorsport who hits the reset button for restarts...

it should be simple, line them up and walk down the like letting the 1st place rider go 1st, 2nd place goes 2nd...etc...

what a joke
|
FHKRacingZ
7/23/2011 9:21pm
yea and how many motorsports start with a dead holeshot? if you have to do a restart do to a freak injury, you should restart the race the same way you did before.
karnivool
7/23/2011 9:24pm
disagree...if someone gets injured in basketball or football do they reset the score?

Moto GP's start dead even by rows, restarts are done in order...
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/23/2011 9:31pm
Canard was laid out in a blind area, his bike was in the track, and the Asterisk Mobile Medical crew couldn't get a clean way to get across the track to him.

They're a pain, but occasionally they're needed.

The Shop

Pool-eh
Fantasy
2880th
7/23/2011 9:32pm
The guy broke his femur dude. You ever break yours? Bet not. Well I have and there's no worse pain in the world. So you're pissed that they had to safely get a rider off the track without hurting him worse. You can actually die from a femur break so why don't ya ease up bud? I like Reed too but it's what shouldve happened.
7/23/2011 9:51pm
There was room originally. Before acerbis markers kept getting replaced farther and farther back. The riders have themselves to blame on that one.
fgb729
7/23/2011 10:08pm
Pool eh and guyb I dont think he meant the red flag shouldn't have dropped, just that the way the restart works is bs.
chrisbuehler
7/23/2011 10:31pm
karnivool wrote:
I like both the Ryans and don't care who wins the title...I am pulling for cr22 as a whole... but restarts are complete crap... mx is...
I like both the Ryans and don't care who wins the title...I am pulling for cr22 as a whole...

it should be simple, line them up and walk down the like letting the 1st place rider go 1st, 2nd place goes 2nd...etc...

what a joke
It bothering you to see Dunge wax RV 2weeks in a row? There was a downed rider, get over it.
captmoto
7/23/2011 10:31pm
I'm pulling for Dungey to win but I thought the restart was BS. Is there a red cross flag in the Nats like SX? He was off to the side, the riders could have been diverted past him.
Cigaro
7/23/2011 10:33pm
captmoto wrote:
I'm pulling for Dungey to win but I thought the restart was BS. Is there a red cross flag in the Nats like SX? He was...
I'm pulling for Dungey to win but I thought the restart was BS. Is there a red cross flag in the Nats like SX? He was off to the side, the riders could have been diverted past him.
Is there a red cross flag in the Nats like SX?

Yes
peelout
7/23/2011 10:37pm
I've always hated restarts. 1 guy benefits and 39 guys are fucked from their original pace.
7/23/2011 10:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2011 10:41pm
peelout wrote:
I've always hated restarts. 1 guy benefits and 39 guys are fucked from their original pace.
Not true. Maybe 15 guys get a better start. Maybe 20 do...
peelout
7/23/2011 10:42pm
peelout wrote:
Not true. Maybe 15 guys get a better start. Maybe 20 do...
Cool downloaded emoticon, pussy
Bill_Carroll
Fantasy
724th
7/23/2011 10:49pm
karnivool wrote:
I like both the Ryans and don't care who wins the title...I am pulling for cr22 as a whole... but restarts are complete crap... mx is...

what a joke
Thats a product of the track, asterik had no way of getting to Canard but through the track. Obviously they tried to get to him without stopping the race but could not with-out putting spectators(paying attendants) in harms way.

That track in my opinion has red flags all around. the human eye has yet to evolutionize to a point that it can go in and out of darkness with-out adjusting in seconds not a flick of the switch.

Hmm, big Oak tree 3 feet from the main line unprotected?
If engineers are going to make faster bikes with lower displacements then it's up to the promoters/track owners to keep up with the pace or be shut down due to careless regard to the riders. Remember them? ya, they pay the bills.
7/23/2011 10:53pm
karnivool wrote:

what a joke
Thats a product of the track, asterik had no way of getting to Canard but through the track. Obviously they tried to get to him without...
Thats a product of the track, asterik had no way of getting to Canard but through the track. Obviously they tried to get to him without stopping the race but could not with-out putting spectators(paying attendants) in harms way.

That track in my opinion has red flags all around. the human eye has yet to evolutionize to a point that it can go in and out of darkness with-out adjusting in seconds not a flick of the switch.

Hmm, big Oak tree 3 feet from the main line unprotected?
If engineers are going to make faster bikes with lower displacements then it's up to the promoters/track owners to keep up with the pace or be shut down due to careless regard to the riders. Remember them? ya, they pay the bills.
Pussification of America in full force.
7/23/2011 11:12pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2011 11:13pm
Pussification of America in full force.
Your SN describes you best
And you wanting to wrap everyone in bubble wrap describes you. It's fucking MOTOCROSS. Should they put that bubble wrap around all the jumps too so if someone ejects like Reed did they will land on softer material. Maybe they can find a way to make the roost not be so bad cuz that shit hurts, just ask Fro.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
7/23/2011 11:13pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2011 11:13pm
Where was everyone the first time the gate dropped? I missed the racing, heard there was a red flag, but who was where (i.e. Reed, Dungey, Villopoto) before the red flag.
7/23/2011 11:16pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2011 11:17pm
mx 219 wrote:
Where was everyone the first time the gate dropped? I missed the racing, heard there was a red flag, but who was where (i.e. Reed, Dungey...
Where was everyone the first time the gate dropped? I missed the racing, heard there was a red flag, but who was where (i.e. Reed, Dungey, Villopoto) before the red flag.
RV out front then MA then RD. Cant remember where CR was.
chrisbuehler
7/23/2011 11:16pm
mx 219 wrote:
Where was everyone the first time the gate dropped? I missed the racing, heard there was a red flag, but who was where (i.e. Reed, Dungey...
Not sure about Reed but it went RV MA RD in that order.
dboivin
7/23/2011 11:20pm
mx 219 wrote:
Villopoto was out front and gapping everyone....Alessi 2nd, Dungey 3rd when red flag came out. reed was like 6th. Biggest difference was Dungey holeshot restart. Alessi suffered the most as he came around much worse than he had on original start.
chrisbuehler
7/23/2011 11:26pm
mx 219 wrote:
dboivin wrote:
Villopoto was out front and gapping everyone....Alessi 2nd, Dungey 3rd when red flag came out. reed was like 6th. Biggest difference was Dungey holeshot restart. Alessi...
Villopoto was out front and gapping everyone....Alessi 2nd, Dungey 3rd when red flag came out. reed was like 6th. Biggest difference was Dungey holeshot restart. Alessi suffered the most as he came around much worse than he had on original start.
Gapping everyone is a stretch. He had maybe 2sec on MA and RD
7/23/2011 11:31pm
mx 219 wrote:
dboivin wrote:
Villopoto was out front and gapping everyone....Alessi 2nd, Dungey 3rd when red flag came out. reed was like 6th. Biggest difference was Dungey holeshot restart. Alessi...
Gapping everyone is a stretch. He had maybe 2sec on MA and RD
MA blew by him after the finish line jump.Woohoo
CR250Rider
7/23/2011 11:59pm
someone just died racing motocross, we don't need anyone else
FIREfish148
7/24/2011 12:09am
If they would just yellow flag it and bring it to a stop in a single file line and let em go at it again it would be more fair for sure but whatever. just bummed for canard.
kongols
7/24/2011 12:22am
karnivool wrote:

what a joke
'line them up and walk down the like letting the 1st place rider go 1st, 2nd place goes 2nd...etc..."

Are you serious? Are we talking about the same sport were 40 riders start from one line?
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
7/24/2011 12:24am
Why is this restart any different than any other restart in this sport? Seems like the only reason for this thread is someone's rider didn't win.
teggers
7/24/2011 12:30am
GuyB wrote:
Canard was laid out in a blind area, his bike was in the track, and the Asterisk Mobile Medical crew couldn't get a clean way to...
Canard was laid out in a blind area, his bike was in the track, and the Asterisk Mobile Medical crew couldn't get a clean way to get across the track to him.

They're a pain, but occasionally they're needed.
Voice of reason.
Cigaro
7/24/2011 12:35am
ky_savage wrote:
Why is this restart any different than any other restart in this sport? Seems like the only reason for this thread is someone's rider didn't win.
Seems like the only reason for this thread is someone's rider didn't win.

^^This

Post a reply to: RESTARTS are BS...

The Latest