RESPECT SEELY

MXMattii
Not enough people understand that these American based riders are running a very thigh schedule. With the MXON and Monster Cup combined with European cashcow Supercrosses those kids are 300 days working. This being said and knowing, it's crazy that someone postponed his surgery just to represent his country. Class act from Cole. It was nice to see that he seems to get the value of the mxon.
|
Idp57
Fantasy
2607th
10/6/2017 8:28pm
That's true!
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
10/6/2017 8:48pm
Thanks Cole! Heal up well!
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
10/6/2017 8:55pm
Especially when they pay out-of-pocket. That is the most insane thing I've ever heard.
cmotodad
10/6/2017 9:08pm
My son and I made the trip to the MXdN, I'm old. With Zack's bike billowing blue smoke from lap 1, 2 shock malfunctions and riding on a torn ACL, I could not be any prouder of our team. These 3 men took their time and risked injury to represent their country for no financial gain. Next race I have the opportunity, I will be in line to get their autograph and hopefully tell them in person "Thank You".

The Shop

dkg
10/6/2017 9:35pm
yeah, much respect to Seely, Covington and Zach. By the time the mains came around they were in an impossible position.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
10/6/2017 10:16pm
Cole had some really bad luck, but he came home healthy and will have plenty of time to be ready for SX. Had there not been rain/mud, cole would've held his own !
10/6/2017 10:56pm
Dumb that people say it’s the biggest race of the year yet the riders are paying thousands of there own $$ to go....mmmmm something not right
10/6/2017 10:57pm
But I agree if it wasn’t muddy USA would have done much better. Osbore would’ve done what he did all weekend and I think Cole would be a top 7 guy
Ray_MXS
10/7/2017 6:52am
Dumb that people say it’s the biggest race of the year yet the riders are paying thousands of there own $$ to go....mmmmm something not right
It is the biggest race of the year for everyone but the Americans. Most federations pay their riders way to the MXON but for some reason the US federation does not.
brewrabb
10/7/2017 7:25am
Ray_MXS wrote:
It is the biggest race of the year for everyone but the Americans. Most federations pay their riders way to the MXON but for some reason...
It is the biggest race of the year for everyone but the Americans. Most federations pay their riders way to the MXON but for some reason the US federation does not.
Good point, the same goes for the CMA in Canada. I and others make donated $50 to the effort with a chance to win a raffle prize. In years past you would at least get a t-shirt with the team on it (I've had both Canadian and American) which was coveted.
willie838
10/7/2017 11:02am
cmotodad wrote:
My son and I made the trip to the MXdN, I'm old. With Zack's bike billowing blue smoke from lap 1, 2 shock malfunctions and riding...
My son and I made the trip to the MXdN, I'm old. With Zack's bike billowing blue smoke from lap 1, 2 shock malfunctions and riding on a torn ACL, I could not be any prouder of our team. These 3 men took their time and risked injury to represent their country for no financial gain. Next race I have the opportunity, I will be in line to get their autograph and hopefully tell them in person "Thank You".
not only that but KNOWING that you're just the next guy in line to have it offered to you after the top top guys said no.

well, he earned a fan here. i've been following zacho close ever since his moto segment when he was banished to europe and was showing his hunger to come back and do whatever it took to win.

and covington? i don't know too much about him besides that he races gps full time.

it means a lot that these guys stepped up, particularly with cole postponing a surgery that was going to cost him a chance to form check at the MEC and have the chance at a milly.

all three of these boys deserve the utmost of respect.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
10/7/2017 11:27am
Respeck a brotha
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
10/7/2017 2:36pm
There must be something wrong with the Olympic summer and winter games then too right?
It's not all about money...
dkg
10/7/2017 2:40pm
^^^ This
brewrabb
10/7/2017 3:38pm
crusty_xx wrote:
There must be something wrong with the Olympic summer and winter games then too right?
But the Olympics are every 4 years (well every 2 with summer and winter staggered), not yearly.
Ted722
10/7/2017 4:34pm
Thanks Cole (and Zach/Thomas) for representing. Does not detract from your career, quite the opposite. Looking forward to Seely doing well next year. Effortless speed/style in Supercross and picking it up in Outdoors. When his country needed him he said yes. Much Respect.
MXMattii
10/7/2017 4:35pm
crusty_xx wrote:
brewrabb wrote:
But the Olympics are every 4 years (well every 2 with summer and winter staggered), not yearly.
And most Olympic federations are making it costless for the athletes. It isn't that much about price money but investing your own money into it is maybe a bit crazy for those MX athlets who are risking injuries and possible money loss while competing at the MXON. It is also something agents need to take into mind when they start negotiating a new deal. I mean FOX makes special MXON-editions but doesn't pay their riders extra when selected. Try to get a MXON-Selected Bonus from FOX. Same with other sponsors who are using the MXON like Energy Drinks, Helmet Brands, ... and maybe the American MX fan wants to put some money into it too like a few years back with the American ISDE team. Crowdfunding isn't something dirty anymore.
Bultaco
10/7/2017 5:21pm
Yes! Respect for Seely, Osborne and Covington. When I have a choice I will support the companies that back these three over the companies that support the stay-at-home-guys like Tomac. Because I believe in international competition and representing one's country.
dkg
10/7/2017 6:06pm
MXMattii wrote:
And most Olympic federations are making it costless for the athletes. It isn't that much about price money but investing your own money into it is...
And most Olympic federations are making it costless for the athletes. It isn't that much about price money but investing your own money into it is maybe a bit crazy for those MX athlets who are risking injuries and possible money loss while competing at the MXON. It is also something agents need to take into mind when they start negotiating a new deal. I mean FOX makes special MXON-editions but doesn't pay their riders extra when selected. Try to get a MXON-Selected Bonus from FOX. Same with other sponsors who are using the MXON like Energy Drinks, Helmet Brands, ... and maybe the American MX fan wants to put some money into it too like a few years back with the American ISDE team. Crowdfunding isn't something dirty anymore.
You sure the riders are paying for themselves? I understood their expenses were covered however, the riders that bring their entourage have to pay for the entourage. Kind of like business trips most of us take, the company pays for the employee, but, if the significant others go, the employees pay for it. After all the 72 people on team USA come from somewhere but it shouldn’t be at the expense of the AMA or the teams.

Post a reply to: RESPECT SEELY

The Latest