RENEN USA Opinions?

12/29/2022 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2022 7:28pm
What does Renen even mean?  He should just call it Pete Fox, or PFR or something.  Maybe it’s just me, but I like to know where...

What does Renen even mean?  He should just call it Pete Fox, or PFR or something.  Maybe it’s just me, but I like to know where my money is going. 

se7enmx wrote:

RACE in German 

Oh ok.  I probably should’ve googled it.  That’s a pretty cool name actually. My old man’s side of the family is German, I dig that!  

Broseph
12/29/2022 8:44pm
When I fist started riding I hated the pants. They were too tight on my thigh area and the pants don’t have a ton of stretch...
When I fist started riding I hated the pants. They were too tight on my thigh area and the pants don’t have a ton of stretch in them so it was restrictive. But after pulling them up more they were good.

I still would prefer more stretch in the pants but I thought they had great traction on the bike and certainly feels like they are well constructed.

Jersey was a little warm but no complaints.

Same. Bought the pants and jersey. Stopped wearing the pants because zero stretch in the crotch is really limiting offroad. Went back to my old Fox 360 pants and can move again.

eins4eins
12/30/2022 3:37am
What does Renen even mean?  He should just call it Pete Fox, or PFR or something.  Maybe it’s just me, but I like to know where...

What does Renen even mean?  He should just call it Pete Fox, or PFR or something.  Maybe it’s just me, but I like to know where my money is going. 

se7enmx wrote:

RACE in German 

But then its spelled wrong

12/30/2022 4:38am
When I fist started riding I hated the pants. They were too tight on my thigh area and the pants don’t have a ton of stretch...
When I fist started riding I hated the pants. They were too tight on my thigh area and the pants don’t have a ton of stretch in them so it was restrictive. But after pulling them up more they were good.

I still would prefer more stretch in the pants but I thought they had great traction on the bike and certainly feels like they are well constructed.

Your whole post seems like a complaint 

The Shop

austin_bo
Fantasy
239th
12/30/2022 7:01am

se7enmx wrote:

RACE in German 

eins4eins wrote:

Rennen in German means racing. Pete Fox said that he dropped one “N” because he liked the aesthetic more. 

To the point of this thread, the gear is very good. Like a couple of others have posted, the pants aren’t as flexible as Fox Flexair/360, but  it comes at the benefit of durability. I have two sets of Renen gear with probably 15 hrs in each, and they still look brand new.  I usually get 2 rides out of Fox pants before there are holes at the knees. 

philG
12/30/2022 7:47am
austin_bo wrote:
Rennen in German means racing. Pete Fox said that he dropped one “N” because he liked the aesthetic more.    To the point of this thread...

Rennen in German means racing. Pete Fox said that he dropped one “N” because he liked the aesthetic more. 

To the point of this thread, the gear is very good. Like a couple of others have posted, the pants aren’t as flexible as Fox Flexair/360, but  it comes at the benefit of durability. I have two sets of Renen gear with probably 15 hrs in each, and they still look brand new.  I usually get 2 rides out of Fox pants before there are holes at the knees. 

It does. 

My German nickname is Rennwurst. 

Moto Jimmy
12/30/2022 8:35am

Lets make CROTCHAL the new buzz word for 2023...

austin_bo
Fantasy
239th
12/30/2022 8:36am
austin_bo wrote:
Rennen in German means racing. Pete Fox said that he dropped one “N” because he liked the aesthetic more.    To the point of this thread...

philG wrote:

It does. 

I don’t speak German but… Sausage Racer? 😂

Motodave15
12/30/2022 9:34am
austin_bo wrote:

philG wrote:

It does. 

austin_bo wrote:

GrinningLaughing

philG
12/30/2022 9:53am
philG wrote:

It does. 

austin_bo wrote:

Motodave15 wrote:

GrinningLaughing

Close 'RaceSausage' 

We had to have a nickname on the German championship registration.  

Nothing english that we could get away with worked.. 

Richy
12/30/2022 11:48am
se7enmx wrote:

RACE in German 

eins4eins wrote:

austin_bo wrote:

The post from the 'cock vent' dude on the previous page does not back up the 'lack of flexibility benefitting their durability' angle... almost the complete opposite?

austin_bo
Fantasy
239th
12/30/2022 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 12/31/2022 11:30am
eins4eins wrote:

austin_bo wrote:

Richy wrote:
The post from the 'cock vent' dude on the previous page does not back up the 'lack of flexibility benefitting their durability' angle... almost the complete...

The post from the 'cock vent' dude on the previous page does not back up the 'lack of flexibility benefitting their durability' angle... almost the complete opposite?

Maybe that dude is packing a third leg. The Renen pants only have room for two. Not sure what else to tell you 😂. 

Here are what my Renen pants look like vs Fox/Shift:

Ob917
12/30/2022 4:38pm

Some brands just don’t have new school high end materials. Renen and Fast House are old school, durable but not technically advanced.

Jesse318pnw
12/30/2022 6:48pm

Broseph wrote:
Same. Bought the pants and jersey. Stopped wearing the pants because zero stretch in the crotch is really limiting offroad. Went back to my old Fox...

Same. Bought the pants and jersey. Stopped wearing the pants because zero stretch in the crotch is really limiting offroad. Went back to my old Fox 360 pants and can move again.

Same here as well.  I like my two sets but always pull out the TLD gear for more comfort/stretch.

FerCzD
12/30/2022 6:55pm
Ob917 wrote:

Some brands just don’t have new school high end materials. Renen and Fast House are old school, durable but not technically advanced.

Is this a thing now? Are the riders now cutting milliseconds on their laptimes due to "advanced materials" used in MX gear?

Spoonguy
12/30/2022 7:17pm

Nice gear, long lasting, durable, cleans up well. Compares to Klim for durability, certainly outlasts Fox, Fasthouse, Seven. I don't understand the "stretchability" issue.

Ob917
12/30/2022 9:52pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2022 9:53pm
Ob917 wrote:

FerCzD wrote:

Is this a thing now? Are the riders now cutting milliseconds on their laptimes due to "advanced materials" used in MX gear?

The high end light weight gear with the correct materials that allow a more free feel are much more comfortable. Less durable for sure. But once you wear the good stuff it’s hard to go back. Better for moto anyway. 

Richy
12/31/2022 2:24am Edited Date/Time 12/31/2022 2:25am
Spoonguy wrote:

Nice gear, long lasting, durable, cleans up well. Compares to Klim for durability, certainly outlasts Fox, Fasthouse, Seven. I don't understand the "stretchability" issue.

If they have so little "stretchability" that they rip or impair your movement, then it is an issue.

If it was a one off, then fair enough, no worries. I'd far prefer old school gear to the gym-girl, lycra-looking, pecker-hugging, top of the line TLD team stuff, but there has to be a happy medium and for top dollar that should be thought about, just IMO.

But either way, hope folks who have it are happy with it, and good to support stuff made locally or at least nationally.

12/31/2022 2:58am

I have never even gave much thought to gear other than if it looked good. You guys are funny, I've been riding for a long time and never considered if the stretchability or material was hindering my riding 😆.  The best, most durable gear I've ever had was SMP that I was given by a local company I rode for. I put that gear through the ringer and it was bulletproof. I'm not a fan of the skintight fluorescent gear that is the norm today. The best looking gear ever was Fro's 1997 Shift gear imo. 

Shenzi
Fantasy
1233rd
12/31/2022 4:30am

I have a few Fasthouse stuff and got my first Renen set. Love it all. Great design, fits me well despite my overweight carcass. 

TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2551st
1/3/2023 7:51am
Spoonguy wrote:

Richy wrote:
If they have so little "stretchability" that they rip or impair your movement, then it is an issue. If it was a one off, then fair...

If they have so little "stretchability" that they rip or impair your movement, then it is an issue.

If it was a one off, then fair enough, no worries. I'd far prefer old school gear to the gym-girl, lycra-looking, pecker-hugging, top of the line TLD team stuff, but there has to be a happy medium and for top dollar that should be thought about, just IMO.

But either way, hope folks who have it are happy with it, and good to support stuff made locally or at least nationally.

Baggy gear was a goofy fad. 

Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
1/3/2023 3:38pm

Guess opinions are like aholes....but I think that gear is by far the best looking stuff out there.

Post a reply to: RENEN USA Opinions?

The Latest