REM crash.......

Friday
1/25/2011 8:23am Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 11:22am
Thanks goes out to Nick from Provalve for running across the track to check me out after my crash. It's been 4 years since I've wadded. Guess I was due. Lately my fused right wrist has been getting me into trouble.My hand came off the grip again(like last week but I saved it) coming down the big downhill. I swapped and went over the bars. Landed on my back and rolled and came to a standing position. Lost my breath for a lap but got back on the bike and completed 4 laps......then needed help to load my bike. My Leatt dug into the dirt in the back and pushed the lower strut into my scapula. Just got back from the Doc. Nothing broken. Fluid around lung. Right scapula and ribs have soft tissue damage and swelling.Huge hematoma on my elbow/forearm the size of a dollar bill and 2 inches high. No big deal.Have to take it easy for a while. Might do some acupuncture and massage. Be good as new in no time. Thanks to the flagger who helped me,Nick for coming to check me out. Rev. Paul Crouch Jr.,Willie Amaradio, and Pasha Afshar for loading my truck up and sending me home. I'll be back........though it's funny. As I'm hitting and rolling on the ground I'm thinking @100 mph. My twin boys came to mind,I'm thinking I'm separating my shoulder and/or breaking my collar bone, and I'm out of Stunt work and Acting for an extended period of time. (all in a millisecond). Thankful that all is much better than expected as it could/should have been much worse!I had already purchased 2 tickets for the SX for me and my Jamaican buddy Levi but they were at will call at Dodger Stadium. Couldn't back out. Levi drove. I took a vicodin,a corona light, and a shot of cuervo and off we went to see a great SX race. Glad I rallied. Smile
|
jeffro756
1/25/2011 8:26am
Wow, glad things are feeling ok after that. Heal up.

And congratulations on the worlds longest sentence, helluva accomplishment!
Highsider
1/25/2011 8:27am
Bravo!

Great story of guys that love moto!
MXTRAINER1
1/25/2011 8:27am
If you are crashing because of a previous injury that either cannot be corrected or will not respond to physical therapy, I would recommend that you evaluate your situation and think about not putting yourself in situations that may lead to more serious injury. Be smart on this one, your friends and family do not want to see you in the hospital or wheelchair.
Friday
1/25/2011 8:32am
jeffro756 wrote:
Wow, glad things are feeling ok after that. Heal up.

And congratulations on the worlds longest sentence, helluva accomplishment!
Vic and muscle relaxers........sorry.Blush

The Shop

RNagy052
1/25/2011 8:33am
Glad you are ok. I thought you were supposed to save the stunts just for work.

jeffro756
1/25/2011 8:35am
Friday wrote:
me too...that is why i was able to understand!
500guy
1/25/2011 8:35am
Glad it wasn't worse Bryan , be careful out there
crewshin
1/25/2011 8:52am
MXTRAINER1 wrote:
If you are crashing because of a previous injury that either cannot be corrected or will not respond to physical therapy, I would recommend that you...
If you are crashing because of a previous injury that either cannot be corrected or will not respond to physical therapy, I would recommend that you evaluate your situation and think about not putting yourself in situations that may lead to more serious injury. Be smart on this one, your friends and family do not want to see you in the hospital or wheelchair.
+1
Friday
1/25/2011 9:12am
MXTRAINER1 wrote:
If you are crashing because of a previous injury that either cannot be corrected or will not respond to physical therapy, I would recommend that you...
Thanks. Well,you can't really correct or use pt to fix a surgically constructed wrist fusion.Guys who don't race have suggested a thumb throttle.Tongue I've developed my "chicken wing" method of throttle control,although it's not perfect and probably costs me 4 seconds or more per lap.And you are correct. Friends,family,and co-workers would love to see me stop riding/racing. Unfortunately I've been doing this since I was 4 and I'm finding it difficult to stop. I've slowed my pace considerably and haven't had more than a tip over in 4 years! But,yes the odds are, you are going to crash hard on occasion. I try to gear up for the crash as much as possible but you just never know. After my 6 wrist surgeries the Doctors said MX and Stuntwork were not in the cards for me. But I'm only 48 and have lots of life to live. So,I will heal up and continue to use my my head as much as possible when riding and racing. Funny thing is,the guys who I ride and race with would not even think of asking me to stop. They care about my well-being.......but they get me.Smile
Outsider
1/25/2011 9:33am
Glad it wasn't more serious dude.

I've always liked REM, the small atmosphere, and the concern for safety there.
The Rock
1/25/2011 12:08pm
Friday wrote:
Two things:

1) Sorry you bailed and glad it wasn't worse.

2) Be drinking water even if you aren't thirsty given the meds you're on.
Friday
1/25/2011 8:42pm
Laughing So at 8pm tonight my Doc calls me. Says I have a 3rd degree separation of my shoulder. Slight crack in my rib. Slight amount of fluid in my lung,not just outside the lung,and an air pocket or something near the base of my neck in my trapezius. He'd like for me to come back in for another look tomorrow. Uh,ok.BlinkTongue
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4299th
1/25/2011 8:51pm
Uh, dood? CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds, and The Ellen Show all need you. Take it EZ for a bit.
Friday
1/25/2011 8:53pm
Uh, dood? CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds, and The Ellen Show all need you. Take it EZ for a bit.
Ellen!? Laughing Thanks,though.I'm so gonna chill for a while! Wink
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4299th
1/25/2011 8:56pm
Friday wrote:
Ellen!? Laughing Thanks,though.I'm so gonna chill for a while! Wink
Isn't that where all busted up, OTH stuntmen wind up? Tongue
Rocket88
1/26/2011 7:23am
I thought Ellen did her own stunts!

Post a reply to: REM crash.......

The Latest