REEEEEEED!!

Edited Date/Time 2/12/2018 12:00pm
Up front finally
|
mxlegend99
Fantasy
1356th
2/10/2018 9:48pm
Back fighting to stay top 10 now. Expected more ftom him with a good start.
tobz
2/10/2018 9:52pm
With the likes of tomac, Webb and Roczen out of the races this is as good as its gonna get for him unfortunately.

The Shop

2/10/2018 11:33pm
I like Reed, but Mike finished his career as a competitor, Chad not so much. LaRocco could have easily milked another 24 starts or more if he felt like it.

Brent
2/10/2018 11:48pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2018 11:52pm
Chad checked up on the triple where I was sitting for the first two laps when he was up front, I was sure he was going to get nailed in the back like Bogle did.
tcallahan707
2/11/2018 12:04am
You can be unhappy about Reed getting the record in this manner, but let's give the man some credit and the benefit of the doubt. He was and is not prepared as well as he could be. This isn't strictly a lack of talent due to old age issue.
redrider400
2/11/2018 12:10am
I'm glad he is out there, but man it's hard for me to watch.
Tumic
2/11/2018 12:23am
You can be unhappy about Reed getting the record in this manner, but let's give the man some credit and the benefit of the doubt. He...
You can be unhappy about Reed getting the record in this manner, but let's give the man some credit and the benefit of the doubt. He was and is not prepared as well as he could be. This isn't strictly a lack of talent due to old age issue.
Reed could have been way more prepared if he just had ridden a bike during the summer, not sittning on the bike for like six months and blaming the lack of fitness on the injury he got this fall is pretty lame.

I get it that his ancle hurts, but the extra weight on his body has nothing to do with the injury...
2/11/2018 12:39am
Regardless of any "injuries" he may have it's a bullshit way to get the record. Larocco could have rode around for another 3 to 4 years and run up the record. But he decided to call it quits after he finished 5th overall in a stacked series. Reed would be lucky to get a top 10 at this point. I'm all about a legend, which he is, continue to ride. But just to half ass it to gain another record you frankly don't deserve is bs.
tcallahan707
2/11/2018 12:44am
You can be unhappy about Reed getting the record in this manner, but let's give the man some credit and the benefit of the doubt. He...
Tumic wrote:
Reed could have been way more prepared if he just had ridden a bike during the summer, not sittning on the bike for like six months...
Reed could have been way more prepared if he just had ridden a bike during the summer, not sittning on the bike for like six months and blaming the lack of fitness on the injury he got this fall is pretty lame.

I get it that his ancle hurts, but the extra weight on his body has nothing to do with the injury...
In hindsight, absolutely. That would have no doubt helped his situation post injury. I think it's highly likely that he had a great plan for the offseason to get prepared and that plan got sidetracked. When faced with the choice of judging him for not being prepared as well as one could for an unexpected injury/training derailment, or judging him for having the tenacity, grit, and perseverance to still show up for his sponsors, this record, and love of the sport, all while swallowing his pride and being a positive person, I choose the latter.
cali11
2/11/2018 12:45am
I like Reed, but Mike finished his career as a competitor, Chad not so much. LaRocco could have easily milked another 24 starts or more if...
I like Reed, but Mike finished his career as a competitor, Chad not so much. LaRocco could have easily milked another 24 starts or more if he felt like it.

Dude give him a break, he was not even suppose to be on the bike yet at A1. WTF? Your going to compare Mike Larocco to Chad Reed?
jemcee
2/11/2018 12:52am
Regardless of any "injuries" he may have it's a bullshit way to get the record. Larocco could have rode around for another 3 to 4 years...
Regardless of any "injuries" he may have it's a bullshit way to get the record. Larocco could have rode around for another 3 to 4 years and run up the record. But he decided to call it quits after he finished 5th overall in a stacked series. Reed would be lucky to get a top 10 at this point. I'm all about a legend, which he is, continue to ride. But just to half ass it to gain another record you frankly don't deserve is bs.
How does he not deserve the record?
It's most main event starts! He's getting to the main event.. He's not cheating he's one of the fastest 20 riders of the night..
Sure I wish he was more competitive but circumstances aren't allowing it! If he bails the race he beats the record I'll be off it but he reckons he's going around again next year so sure he might limp to the record but he could exceed it in a more respectable way
TheWeapon
Fantasy
68th
2/11/2018 1:12am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 1:13am
Lol and how many SX main event wins does Larocco have? About 30 less than Reed?
2/11/2018 1:27am
TheWeapon wrote:
Very true. But he knew when his time was done. As did RC and MC, hell RC could still be qualifying today if he felt like it....as could Bubba. I like Reed but he knows he's done as a contender, regardless of the RB Straight Rhythm injury he wasn't gonna contend this year. Or next for that matter.
SoCalMX70
2/11/2018 1:31am
TheWeapon wrote:
Careful, don't want to start poking obvious holes in the haters' philosophy...

Actually, just to stir it up more... LaRocco was never a threat for a supercross championship beyond 1994.
Question
2/11/2018 1:34am
He was fast at the beginning and could have probably top 5 if he had a healthy off season ; so basically it is Reed as usual, never count him out.
tcallahan707
2/11/2018 1:39am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 1:53am
TheWeapon wrote:
Very true. But he knew when his time was done. As did RC and MC, hell RC could still be qualifying today if he felt like...
Very true. But he knew when his time was done. As did RC and MC, hell RC could still be qualifying today if he felt like it....as could Bubba. I like Reed but he knows he's done as a contender, regardless of the RB Straight Rhythm injury he wasn't gonna contend this year. Or next for that matter.
I like to live in a world where the guys who are fortunate enough to get to choose when they want to be done, make that choice based on what's best for them, not what everyone else says. Some don't want to see a dirt bike or train, some have an ego that can't handle getting poor results, and some still love pushing themselves to be their best, even if it isn't as good as it once was.

Props to Reed for not giving a shit about what the fans, media, or industry thinks. He's doing what he wants to do and that's why he's gained a shitload of new fans in the two two era. It's what most people WANT to do but are afraid to. Living life based on societal constructs is the worst way to live.
2/11/2018 1:45am
TheWeapon wrote:
Very true. But he knew when his time was done. As did RC and MC, hell RC could still be qualifying today if he felt like...
I like to live in a world where the guys who are fortunate enough to get to choose when they want to be done, make that...
I like to live in a world where the guys who are fortunate enough to get to choose when they want to be done, make that choice based on what's best for them, not what everyone else says. Some don't want to see a dirt bike or train, some have an ego that can't handle getting poor results, and some still love pushing themselves to be their best, even if it isn't as good as it once was.

Props to Reed for not giving a shit about what the fans, media, or industry thinks. He's doing what he wants to do and that's why he's gained a shitload of new fans in the two two era. It's what most people WANT to do but are afraid to. Living life based on societal constructs is the worst way to live.
Agreed good for him! I wish I had a 1/10 of his talent and could race at a high level into my late 30's. But fact of the matter is he's not coming close to sniffing a podium in a race or finishing in the top 10 at the end of the series.
SoCalMX70
2/11/2018 1:49am
Agreed good for him! I wish I had a 1/10 of his talent and could race at a high level into my late 30's. But fact...
Agreed good for him! I wish I had a 1/10 of his talent and could race at a high level into my late 30's. But fact of the matter is he's not coming close to sniffing a podium in a race or finishing in the top 10 at the end of the series.
Money on that top 10? Wink
2/11/2018 1:53am
Agreed good for him! I wish I had a 1/10 of his talent and could race at a high level into my late 30's. But fact...
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Sure as long as the money goes to a good cause or charity, I'm down.
tcallahan707
2/11/2018 1:55am
I like to live in a world where the guys who are fortunate enough to get to choose when they want to be done, make that...

I think that's a pretty realistic projection. I guess I'd challenge you to dig a little deeper on why you feel like his "time is done".
2/11/2018 2:06am
I can't put a finger on it, but as you get older you don't recover from injuries as you once did. To go the speed the top guys are your gonna get roughed up along the line, and have to deal with something most of the time. He broke his ankle in mid October right? If he is still qualifying through the lcq now, he won't be a threat by the end of the series (especially on a non factory bike). He's my age so I'd live to see him throw down and put up some good results. But I also know how my body recovers and works now, as it it did in my 20's.
2/11/2018 2:19am
TheWeapon wrote:
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Careful, don't want to start poking obvious holes in the haters' philosophy... Actually, just to stir it up more... LaRocco was never a threat for a...

Actually, just to stir it up more... LaRocco was never a threat for a supercross championship beyond 1994.
This ^^

Stay in there Reed, when he gets comfortable look out. Reed now would leave Larocco at his best behind.
2/11/2018 2:27am
We'll see The Rock got a couple 4th's in his last season in2006, let's see what Reed can do this year. His best finish has been a 13th, do you think he can crack the top 5?
PJRAUS
2/11/2018 2:27am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Yeah, exactly! I might be up for some of that action!
Motofinne
2/11/2018 2:32am
He was probably on the limit those first laps and showed that he can get back to finishing top 5 in some races. He just needs fitness and more time on the bike.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a top 5 in the end of the season.
2/11/2018 2:33am
TheWeapon wrote:
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Careful, don't want to start poking obvious holes in the haters' philosophy... Actually, just to stir it up more... LaRocco was never a threat for a...

Ya no shit! His win in Indy and multiple podiums in top 5's while finishing 3rd overall in 2004, definetly proves 1994 was the only year he was a threat. I take it you haven't watched moto very long.
AUS_Twisted
2/11/2018 2:41am
I think if Reed can get some solid testing and training in now over the next month or so he will be within the top 10 and pushing for some top 5's by the end of the season depending on how races go for others. The opening passes he made early in the main would give him a bit more confidence as it's been awhile since being up front.

Post a reply to: REEEEEEED!!

The Latest