RED BUD, the big WHAT IF...

karnivool
Edited Date/Time 7/3/2012 3:51pm
So here is what I have been thinking about this morning...

Facts
1. Rd5 has the title to think about and already has it locked down(barring tragedy)
2. Rd5 has been getting more comfortable on the katoom

The Big Question
* what if JS7 starts winning again? (how does that make rd5's winning and dominance look?)

Disclaimers
1. I don't see any way for js7 to keep going 1-1, rd5 is too strong and i am not disrespecting his ability
2. not fishing, just ready to talk moto again
3. titles and winning go in the record books, not the way it looks to the fans, but lets be honest...

discuss
|
newmann
7/3/2012 10:27am
Stewie has already proven that he the fastest AND most inconsistant rider on the planet. No * necessary.
jndmx
7/3/2012 10:32am
Dungey is going to race to win that goes without saying.

But.....

I doubt he is going to do anything stupid just to get a single moto/overall win.
He is looking to bring that #1 plate to the KTM semi for Roger and I think he will stay focused on that.
JT408
7/3/2012 10:44am
i feel dunge has been handed his championships on a plate with people getting injured. yes hes quick and consistent but struggles get a win when the other guys are about ie RV JS7
robkinuk
7/3/2012 10:47am
WHAT if? Tony Cairoli turned up really motivated after his double DNF at the muddy Swedish MXGP and laid waste to America's finest!ShockedWink

The Shop

peelout
7/3/2012 10:50am
it will just be cool to have Stewart out there again, hopefully the 450 class won't be a runaway any more

i'm looking forward to Roczen getting his first wins this weekend though
RVR
7/3/2012 10:55am
robkinuk wrote:
WHAT if? Tony Cairoli turned up really motivated after his double DNF at the muddy Swedish MXGP and laid waste to America's finest!ShockedWink
that is like saying what if frogs had wings they could get some eagle pu$$y
robkinuk
7/3/2012 11:02am
robkinuk wrote:
RVR wrote:
Believe me, Tony is super motivated after his Swedish disaster and if he somehow turned up at Red Bud, he would easily run up front, Stewart and all!
There is no difference between the speed of the top GP guys and the AMA's finest as will be proven at Lommel MXDN!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/3/2012 11:05am
karnivool wrote:
So here is what I have been thinking about this morning... [b]Facts[/b] 1. Rd5 has the title to think about and already has it locked down(barring...
So here is what I have been thinking about this morning...

Facts
1. Rd5 has the title to think about and already has it locked down(barring tragedy)
2. Rd5 has been getting more comfortable on the katoom

The Big Question
* what if JS7 starts winning again? (how does that make rd5's winning and dominance look?)

Disclaimers
1. I don't see any way for js7 to keep going 1-1, rd5 is too strong and i am not disrespecting his ability
2. not fishing, just ready to talk moto again
3. titles and winning go in the record books, not the way it looks to the fans, but lets be honest...

discuss
Appearances are just that...appearances. A championship title appears pretty damn good on anyone's resume.

The fastest guy doesn't always win the title. The one who maximizes each race and each day often does.
agn5009
7/3/2012 11:40am
JT408 wrote:
i feel dunge has been handed his championships on a plate with people getting injured. yes hes quick and consistent but struggles get a win when...
i feel dunge has been handed his championships on a plate with people getting injured. yes hes quick and consistent but struggles get a win when the other guys are about ie RV JS7
I'd rather be quick and consistant and win championships than crash constantly. The purpose of this sport isn't to ride over ones head and crash on a fairly regular basis. It's to win championships and like it or not Dungey has proven he can win championships.
jeffro503
7/3/2012 11:46am
robkinuk wrote:
RVR wrote:
robkinuk wrote:
Believe me, Tony is super motivated after his Swedish disaster and if he somehow turned up at Red Bud, he would easily run up front, Stewart...
Believe me, Tony is super motivated after his Swedish disaster and if he somehow turned up at Red Bud, he would easily run up front, Stewart and all!
There is no difference between the speed of the top GP guys and the AMA's finest as will be proven at Lommel MXDN!
"One of these years".....you may be right. So far that hasn't happened....but you never know. AC is an excellent rider for sure. Lommel is a one of a kind track.....so I think every team has a chance. I'm not a big USA chest pounder here.....just hoping some other countries step up to the plate and give our guys a run for the money.
dak446
7/3/2012 11:47am Edited Date/Time 7/3/2012 11:50am
robkinuk wrote:
RVR wrote:
robkinuk wrote:
Believe me, Tony is super motivated after his Swedish disaster and if he somehow turned up at Red Bud, he would easily run up front, Stewart...
Again, refer to the flying frog comment.
DoctorJD
7/3/2012 11:49am
RD gets it. He has the 2012 450 title wrapped up, as well as all of the bonuses and accolades that comes along with it. He will not get into a pissing contest with JS, he's too smart for that. Although I'm sure the pressure he feels from the Vitards to beat James will be weighing heavily in the back of his mind. It has to torment him knowing that some internet jackass has deemed his championship worthy of an asterisk.

Anyway, I'm sure James will pick up where he left off. I think RD is probably a tick faster than he was when James went out. Depends on who gets the best start, I'd say.
sc961
7/3/2012 11:50am
1 - It will be great for the fans to have something other than a run away win for any of the riders.

2 - I truely believe no matter the outcome, Ryan would rather battle for 35 minutes rather than walk away while others are injured and not riding.

3 - Whom ever wins each title, more than deserves it no matter who's still standing at the end of the series.
Insider347
7/3/2012 12:04pm
robkinuk wrote:
RVR wrote:
robkinuk wrote:
You are joking right? Just trying to jerk some USA chain? If not, once again refer to the flying frog comment. Every year it's the same ole thing. Tony is fast and so are alot of GP guys but the USA is faster and will win the MXDN. It really is that plain and simple. No need to waste anymore time on it.
Erik727
7/3/2012 12:22pm
The one thing i see is that Dungey probably isn't really getting much faster racing against the curent line-up.( nothing against the guys lining up every week) Although i think if Alessi had a bit better equipment ,he could keep him honest ,longer. He's getting much more comfortable on the KTM ,and they're getting that bike better and better every week,,which does equate to a few ticks more speed..
If James shows up with the same speed he showed in the first few rounds,,i think he'll win most of them ( Taking augering out of the equation ) .. That is what will make Dungey faster....racing against James and having to take it to a higher level.
jtiger12
7/3/2012 12:23pm
_______ _________ is so fast, when he comes over to the states he will beat everyone at ___________. Repeat it long enough, you will be right (at least once).
gspointer
7/3/2012 12:28pm
JT408 wrote:
i feel dunge has been handed his championships on a plate with people getting injured. yes hes quick and consistent but struggles get a win when...
Too bad all the other guys got hurt trying to run a tick faster than Dungey. I guess he took them all out.
Uncleof2
7/3/2012 12:43pm
JT408 wrote:
gspointer wrote:
Too bad all the other guys got hurt trying to run a tick faster than Dungey. I guess he took them all out.
Just dumb, they got hurt in SX, nothing to do with the Dunge.
MtnBoy
7/3/2012 12:47pm
robkinuk wrote:
So let's say your right and someone does beat the US at Lommel this year....what about the past 25 or so years we've been dominating? Does 1 year at a very unique track erase all of that?
peelout
7/3/2012 12:49pm
JT408 wrote:
gspointer wrote:
lol

the interesting stat is IF Dungey wins the championship, he will put himself into a category that none of the current riders are in... multiple outdoor championships on the big bike.

pretty impressive regardless of who everyone thinks is faster than him
sharkey
7/3/2012 1:04pm
JT408 wrote:
while i agree with you here at the same time its not his fault this has happened either, its just the way it is. just think how bummed he was when he got injured in sx and was out of contention, or reed or others.
sharkey
7/3/2012 1:06pm
JT408 wrote:
gspointer wrote:
peelout wrote:
lol the interesting stat is IF Dungey wins the championship, he will put himself into a category that none of the current riders are in... multiple...
lol

the interesting stat is IF Dungey wins the championship, he will put himself into a category that none of the current riders are in... multiple outdoor championships on the big bike.

pretty impressive regardless of who everyone thinks is faster than him
and you got to know that pisses some guys off too like reed and rv. stewart not so much because he didnt care to race outdoors for awhile
JT408
7/3/2012 1:09pm
JT408 wrote:
gspointer wrote:
Uncleof2 wrote:
Just dumb, they got hurt in SX, nothing to do with the Dunge.
thank you someone who agrees. i just think he get it handed on a plate every time. yeh hes got it to win but cant do it when the others are there. was proved in last years mx. RV blasted him on the 2nd to last corner.
JT408
7/3/2012 1:10pm
JT408 wrote:
sharkey wrote:
while i agree with you here at the same time its not his fault this has happened either, its just the way it is. just think...
while i agree with you here at the same time its not his fault this has happened either, its just the way it is. just think how bummed he was when he got injured in sx and was out of contention, or reed or others.
i agree with u there
7/3/2012 1:11pm
robkinuk wrote:
RVR wrote:
robkinuk wrote:
MXDN has proven the Americans are the fastest on the planet time and time again. It's going to take more than just this years MXDN to disprove that fact.
7/3/2012 1:18pm
Not sure why people seem to discount Dungey because the comp is out. The fact is the guy keeps winning championships regardless. What happens to the rest of the field is none of his concern. He's focused on one thing and Charley said it best...
mxb2
7/3/2012 1:23pm
Dungey needs to ride smart, and think of the big picture. 450 title and ktm bonus money. Got to be in it to win it.
Rooster
7/3/2012 1:30pm
RD5 isn't going to let pride get in the way of a championship bonus or being healthy to start to the 2013 SX season.

If Stewart beats him at all the rest of the outdoors, I don't think Dungey will be bothered at all. There's a time and place to hang it all out and when you've got the championship seemingly safely in hand, isn't the time or place.
Paul333
7/3/2012 1:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2012 3:36pm
newmann wrote:
Stewie has already proven that he the fastest AND most inconsistant rider on the planet. No * necessary.
I think the 'Fastest Man On The Planet" title is long gone.

He wasn't faster than Villopoto, Dungey, Reed, etc in Supercross. He won two races, but that was it.

In the Nationals he won four motos and two overalls. Then it was over.

Sure, he is still fast. But his dominating days are over.
JustMX
7/3/2012 3:37pm
robkinuk wrote:
That british bait is some STINKY stuff.........

Maybe you should try it on some french MX BB's

Post a reply to: RED BUD, the big WHAT IF...

The Latest