RDL and poor stream quality (1080p) from live cameras in stadion

aees
Does everyone have issue with low quality of video when they use the live cameras from stadium?

All pre-recorded stuff is 1080p and good encoding, same with Jim and Blair.

But as soon as they go with a view from the stadium it looks like shit, semi choppy and standard definition quality even thou stream is 1080p
|
chrisg19
Fantasy
4437th
2/2/2020 9:00am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2020 9:00am
aees wrote:
Does everyone have issue with low quality of video when they use the live cameras from stadium? All pre-recorded stuff is 1080p and good encoding, same...
Does everyone have issue with low quality of video when they use the live cameras from stadium?

But as soon as they go with a view from the stadium it looks like shit, semi choppy and standard definition quality even thou stream is 1080p
I have seen the same issues. Always cleans up for the night show.
aees
2/2/2020 9:25am
The picture quality was better on the HD versions on daily motion, disgrace that this should be the premium stuff.

Is it the same for you with NBC-package? Should be same streams going from stadium floor.

It is like the resolution might be in 1080p, by the encoding (codec) or config is complete shit setup.
jeffro503
2/2/2020 9:40am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2020 9:41am
I'm not sure if they'll fix it or not. I doubt they will , since some guys on here have stated they spoke with them , and they don't agree there are issues. I can only speak for myself , but I feel a little Jipped at the moment. I paid for a service , that works great for the night show , but the other 1/2 of the show ( RDL ) is complete and utter crap as far as the feed quality goes. They advertise that they sell an HD product , and it's not even close to that.

My question is : What switch is being turned on for the night show , that isn't being turned on for RDL? And why is it left off , and the stream is between 480p and 720p.....while stuttering. Then magically becomes 1080p for the night show?

The Shop

aees
2/2/2020 9:48am
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm not sure if they'll fix it or not. I doubt they will , since some guys on here have stated they spoke with them...
I'm not sure if they'll fix it or not. I doubt they will , since some guys on here have stated they spoke with them , and they don't agree there are issues. I can only speak for myself , but I feel a little Jipped at the moment. I paid for a service , that works great for the night show , but the other 1/2 of the show ( RDL ) is complete and utter crap as far as the feed quality goes. They advertise that they sell an HD product , and it's not even close to that.

My question is : What switch is being turned on for the night show , that isn't being turned on for RDL? And why is it left off , and the stream is between 480p and 720p.....while stuttering. Then magically becomes 1080p for the night show?
Email them at contactus@supercrosslive.tv and tell them video quality is shit, even in 1080p mode.

For me, it is marginally better during night show. When I look at it today on 1080p, most views and transitions are standard quality.

Never any issue during NBC outdoors via their app and service but this is crap.

And supercrosslive is miles away from NBC HD quality.

Could not even start the streams until late today since "media could not be found" was all it gave me back on all devices (app and web) until support emailed me and they corrected it. By then I had already watched the whole show on Daily motion...
Motofinne
2/3/2020 2:07am
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm not sure if they'll fix it or not. I doubt they will , since some guys on here have stated they spoke with them...

aees wrote:
Email them at contactus@supercrosslive.tv and tell them video quality is shit, even in 1080p mode. For me, it is marginally better during night show. When I...
Email them at contactus@supercrosslive.tv and tell them video quality is shit, even in 1080p mode.

For me, it is marginally better during night show. When I look at it today on 1080p, most views and transitions are standard quality.

Could not even start the streams until late today since "media could not be found" was all it gave me back on all devices (app and web) until support emailed me and they corrected it. By then I had already watched the whole show on Daily motion...
Doesn't help though. They will respond with their standard message "everything is fine on our part, maybe you should check your internet connection?"

I had also issues with the replay stream. I didn't watch it live and once i woke up in the morning and was about to watch it it didn't work. I also watched the races through Daily Motion this weekend.
aees
2/3/2020 2:12am
jeffro503 wrote:

aees wrote:
Email them at contactus@supercrosslive.tv and tell them video quality is shit, even in 1080p mode. For me, it is marginally better during night show. When I...

Motofinne wrote:
Doesn't help though. They will respond with their standard message "everything is fine on our part, maybe you should check your internet connection?" I had also...
Doesn't help though. They will respond with their standard message "everything is fine on our part, maybe you should check your internet connection?"

I had also issues with the replay stream. I didn't watch it live and once i woke up in the morning and was about to watch it it didn't work. I also watched the races through Daily Motion this weekend.
The more we email, the more attention it gets. Every email or phone call can cost up to USD 15 if they outsource support.

Also follow up and say speed of internet and that other services work without issues. Specially if you point out that the stream is 1080p but still look like SD.

If I have a number of people with issues, I will call and email the market guy or someone at SX live or feld at point out the issue.

It is fucking annoying that the video quality of the Daily motion stuff is better than the official service.
aees
2/3/2020 2:17am
Should also add that I have been working with the OTT streaming business last 10 years, so I have very good technical insight into how things work behind the scenes.

2020, there is no excuse to encode/compress the video streams to the shitty level supercrosslive does (other than costs, of course).
Badd127
Fantasy
2195th
2/3/2020 11:53am
aees wrote:
Does everyone have issue with low quality of video when they use the live cameras from stadium? All pre-recorded stuff is 1080p and good encoding, same...

Everything you have stated happens for me, and the audio is choppy.
It's extremely frustrating, as I paid for the service mainly to watch RDL.
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
2/3/2020 1:57pm
I emailed them as well. They just told me to email NBC sports.
aees
2/3/2020 2:21pm
stremme12 wrote:
I emailed them as well. They just told me to email NBC sports.
Please post the email address so we can send some complaints to NBC, hopefully they can clear this shit up
mxbigd17
2/3/2020 3:14pm
The app is garbage. It is definitely not HD, it is shit SD quality. NBS sucks

Post a reply to: RDL and poor stream quality (1080p) from live cameras in stadion

The Latest