RD5 on RCs practice tracks

observer
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 12:55pm
Just wondering...
You suppose when Dungey rode at(still rides?)RCs place, Ricky had a go at Ryan a time or 2?? I mean, being a former multi-time champion and all...you suppose Ricky can't resist trying out Ryans speed on the practice track? I like to see that. Cheerful
|
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
6/15/2010 9:04pm
He couldn't keep up with Reed last year and I bet he is more out of race shape now.
Cigaro
6/15/2010 9:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:25pm
I imagine when RD first got to Suzuki,they gave him the little brother treatment to toughen him up down at RC's. I think i've seen a vid floating around when they were giving Nico a hard time.

I think thats one of the reasons why Dungeys who he is today. He prolly got such a hard time down there and now he's out to prove that hes not the little brother anymore. Just listen to the podcast with Tedesco they were talking about being at RC's during the outdoors last year for a photoshoot and RC had a huge jump made up for the photoshoot and Dungey tryed jumping it n went over the bars and got back up and cleared it on a 250.

The kids got some fight in him and seems to ride at his best when hes an underdog or behind in points.
observer
6/15/2010 9:19pm
tcannon521 wrote:
He couldn't keep up with Reed last year and I bet he is more out of race shape now.
Yeah...I imagine "rust" and conditioning would be the factors.
Still make for some great entertainment, huh! Wink
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
6/15/2010 9:31pm
I can't remember where I read it but a month or so ago RC answered that question at what seemed like a fairly honest answer. He said RD is running good indoors and since sitting out he would have a hard time beating him. Outdoors he said something to the effect of give me 3 days practice and I'll have him covered.

The Shop

Lightning78
6/16/2010 12:45am
I can't remember where I read it but a month or so ago RC answered that question at what seemed like a fairly honest answer. He...
I can't remember where I read it but a month or so ago RC answered that question at what seemed like a fairly honest answer. He said RD is running good indoors and since sitting out he would have a hard time beating him. Outdoors he said something to the effect of give me 3 days practice and I'll have him covered.
Dude I would really like to see RC come out and train for a week to make a national and race it and see where he would place.....my bet is that he still has the speed to win it based on what yousaid which I read somewhere too.....Ahhh it would be cool and genewrate a TON of press for his car team not to mention the sport of MX.....RC come back for at least one race for fun you can do it!!
ehr400
6/16/2010 2:34am Edited Date/Time 6/16/2010 2:35am
I remember somewhere last year reading that RC and RD were doing practice motos on the SX track and RC would give RD a 10 or 20 second lead. RD said it would piss him off that RC would catch him on the last lap and pass him. I dont think RC has to much rust. More of a condioning thing then anything.
Kinetic1
6/16/2010 3:16am
I would say it is certainly conditioning. Did you see the pro taper intro on the video's here a few weeks ago with RC and Ryan. RC has really packed on the weight. I bet he has gained 30 or 40 pounds by the looks of the video clip.
mxr102
6/16/2010 3:40am
tcannon521 wrote:
observer wrote:
Yeah...I imagine "rust" and conditioning would be the factors.
Still make for some great entertainment, huh! Wink
In that same Video also, I do remember they were at Reedy's place not RC's. At the end RC said give him a day and he would be back up to SPEED. So from that never doubt the GOAT.
ReedyMX
6/16/2010 4:13am
One thing I learnt about RC.

Dont ever bet against RC.

Even though logic says that RD would smoke RC.

RC would win.
JB 19
6/16/2010 4:46am
I wish RC would give that car crap up and realize he only has a few years of his youth left and sign an outdoors only contract.

I know he wants to see this car thing through, but I just don't understand it. I wonder if he appreciates MX more and wishes he would have just raced outdoors for the last few years.

You only have so much youth........when it runs out its gone.
Racer92
6/16/2010 5:28am
JB 19 wrote:
I wish RC would give that car crap up and realize he only has a few years of his youth left and sign an outdoors only...
I wish RC would give that car crap up and realize he only has a few years of his youth left and sign an outdoors only contract.

I know he wants to see this car thing through, but I just don't understand it. I wonder if he appreciates MX more and wishes he would have just raced outdoors for the last few years.

RC is way, way, way over training for and racing dirt bikes. No way he will ever line up to race professional motocross ever again.
SIMX
6/16/2010 6:04am
Cigaro wrote:
I imagine when RD first got to Suzuki,they gave him the little brother treatment to toughen him up down at RC's. I think i've seen a...
I imagine when RD first got to Suzuki,they gave him the little brother treatment to toughen him up down at RC's. I think i've seen a vid floating around when they were giving Nico a hard time.

I think thats one of the reasons why Dungeys who he is today. He prolly got such a hard time down there and now he's out to prove that hes not the little brother anymore. Just listen to the podcast with Tedesco they were talking about being at RC's during the outdoors last year for a photoshoot and RC had a huge jump made up for the photoshoot and Dungey tryed jumping it n went over the bars and got back up and cleared it on a 250.

The kids got some fight in him and seems to ride at his best when hes an underdog or behind in points.

I agree!

I think Dungey is a moto sponge, soaking up everything he can from his mentors.

So many of these primadonna amateurs have had everything handed to them since day one, and feel they know everything there is to know and will not, or cannot (Alessi) listen to anyone giving instruction or advice.

Ryan on the other hand, takes it all in and builds off it.
Adam43
6/16/2010 7:39am
ReedyMX wrote:
One thing I learnt about RC.

Dont ever bet against RC.

Even though logic says that RD would smoke RC.

RC would win.
I would have to agree. It would get more and more difficult every passing year, but RC hasn't been out that long, and is still riding...outdoors I'd bet on him.

I wish he'd come back. Watching his NASCAR deal reminds me of Michael Jordan playing baseball.
Racer111
6/16/2010 7:46am
JB 19 wrote:
I wish RC would give that car crap up and realize he only has a few years of his youth left and sign an outdoors only...

Racer92 wrote:
RC is way, way, way over training for and racing dirt bikes. No way he will ever line up to race professional motocross ever again.
I learned a long time ago to never say never!
Cigaro
6/16/2010 7:49am
Adam43 wrote:
I would have to agree. It would get more and more difficult every passing year, but RC hasn't been out that long, and is still riding...outdoors...
I would have to agree. It would get more and more difficult every passing year, but RC hasn't been out that long, and is still riding...outdoors I'd bet on him.

I wish he'd come back. Watching his NASCAR deal reminds me of Michael Jordan playing baseball.
I'm from the Chicago area and believe me when I say you can't even compare Jordans stint in baseball to Rickys Nascar season. Jordan just flat out sucked at baseball and the only thing that got him there was his name.

Ricky worked his way up through the farm system of Nascar/Arca and had some decent finishes his first season in the truck series. He's sitting 8th in points and is only gonna get better from here on out.
Adam43
6/16/2010 8:07am
Adam43 wrote:
I would have to agree. It would get more and more difficult every passing year, but RC hasn't been out that long, and is still riding...outdoors...

Cigaro wrote:
I'm from the Chicago area and believe me when I say you can't even compare Jordans stint in baseball to Rickys Nascar season. Jordan just flat...
I'm from the Chicago area and believe me when I say you can't even compare Jordans stint in baseball to Rickys Nascar season. Jordan just flat out sucked at baseball and the only thing that got him there was his name.

Ricky worked his way up through the farm system of Nascar/Arca and had some decent finishes his first season in the truck series. He's sitting 8th in points and is only gonna get better from here on out.
I love Ricky Carmichael, and I think he's the greatest motocrosser of all time. But the only thing that got RC in NASCAR was his name also, and more specifically the Monster and Oakley checks he brings.

He did do some ARCA and Camping World East stuff to get seat time because he was an absolute novice. There's no question he's been fast-tracked to get where he is. You also can't ignore the fact that he's had the best equipment available every time he races. He hasn't been great but he is fairly steady and doesn't tear up cars.
danman
6/16/2010 8:34am
Adam43 wrote:

Cigaro wrote:
I'm from the Chicago area and believe me when I say you can't even compare Jordans stint in baseball to Rickys Nascar season. Jordan just flat...

Adam43 wrote:
I love Ricky Carmichael, and I think he's the greatest motocrosser of all time. But the only thing that got RC in NASCAR was his name...
I love Ricky Carmichael, and I think he's the greatest motocrosser of all time. But the only thing that got RC in NASCAR was his name also, and more specifically the Monster and Oakley checks he brings.

He did do some ARCA and Camping World East stuff to get seat time because he was an absolute novice. There's no question he's been fast-tracked to get where he is. You also can't ignore the fact that he's had the best equipment available every time he races. He hasn't been great but he is fairly steady and doesn't tear up cars.
I have to agree on this comment. RC is still an intermediate NASCAR driver. He is where he is because of his name. My neighbor is Dexter Bean, who has done some NASCAR and Truck races has done pretty good considering it was pretty much on his own dime. I would be willing to bet he'd smoke RC given equal cars. The real sad part is that he isn't racing any more because he couldn't get any sponsors, even though he is better than some out there.
huck
6/16/2010 8:54am
Just when I think that VitalMX can't produce a dumber thread...you guys up the ante. Congratulations...bunch of Kalisch's....

Cigaro
6/16/2010 9:02am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:26pm
Adam43 wrote:
I love Ricky Carmichael, and I think he's the greatest motocrosser of all time. But the only thing that got RC in NASCAR was his name...

He hasn't been great but he is fairly steady and doesn't tear up cars.Have you even been watching whats going on? He is 8th in points and doing great for first full season. The tearing up cars/trucks is an understatement cuz he's had quite a few crashes the last 2 years. Which in most cases wasn't his fault,never the less he still has damaged alot of rides

His name and money helped him get there of course. Them ARCA races are almost standard for anyone making the push to Nascar. He did well enough in the ARCA series to get a chance to go to Nascar. He's sitting 8th in a class that also fields vets and sprint cup racers. He's beat Kyle Busch Todd Bodine and Ron Hornaday enough times to know he's legit.

And BTW Micheal Jordan had about a .200 batting average in the Minor Leagues. <---So how can you compare Rickys venture with Jordans?
6/16/2010 9:03am
huck wrote:
Just when I think that VitalMX can't produce a dumber thread...you guys up the ante. Congratulations...bunch of Kalisch's....

Probably too DUMB to even know what that means!
Outsider
6/16/2010 10:10am
huck wrote:

Huck is just another SAE .
huck
6/16/2010 10:20am
huck wrote:

Outsider wrote:
Super Awesome Earthling?
huck
6/16/2010 10:31am
Outsider wrote:
Watch it...or I'll bump that "douche bag date" back to include 2009 as well....
Outsider
6/16/2010 10:34am
huck wrote:
Too late!

I got a Matco that's calling you home, just saying. Laughing
huck
6/16/2010 10:37am
huck wrote:
Outsider wrote:
Too late!

I got a Matco that's calling you home, just saying. Laughing
adamdf
6/16/2010 10:45am
JB 19 wrote:

Racer92 wrote:
x2

Post a reply to: RD5 on RCs practice tracks

The Latest