RD5- Best deal in Mx

gsxr6
Edited Date/Time 9/2/2012 8:32pm
Ktm could have payed him 15 million this year and it still wouldve been a bargain. About the closest that there is to a sure thing, Even longtime ktm haters like myself have to recognize. While that number i spit out is ridiculous, They definitely needed to get a title here to have truly arrived. And every penny they spend on Dungey is gonna come back ten fold long term.
|
Hando
9/1/2012 7:07pm
he wont look so good next year when Barcia and RV are giving him fits

he had it easy this year, that's for sure
chrisbuehler
9/1/2012 7:11pm
Hando wrote:

You mean like RV in SX?
Fat Fingers
9/1/2012 7:31pm
Regardless of how easy it was for Dungey to win this year, KTM have arrived and there can no longer be any doubt that KTM has a good bike, good team and the ability to win championships.

In KTM's case, what wins on Sunday will sell on Monday.

The Shop

Fat Fingers
9/1/2012 7:33pm
lol at previous post, before you jump on me, your races are on Sunday in NZ.
LoudLove
9/1/2012 7:35pm
Hando wrote:

So true, so true. In fact, KTM is probably holding Dungey's bonuses and forfeiting the title as we speak. How can a champuonship have any value if RV was on the sidelines and Stewart corkscrewed himself into oblivion? Indeed, the value of Dungey's performances in 2012 is significantly reduced when considering the theoretical implications of a series that has not yet transpired.
Hando
9/1/2012 7:42pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2012 7:48pm
derp derp derp..IDGAF what you Dungey swayers have to say...the dude had NO competition this year cause everyone was hurt..yeah..you gotta be IN IT TO WIN IT AND HE WAS..but when everyone else is IN IT he isn't dominating like he usually does.

Mark my word, he won't win any titles next year as long as one of the other dudes stays healthy the whole time.

P.S Barcia is as fast, if not faster than him and Stanton is 100% right.

Bam bam be buckin' next year and RD5 can't cry about him 'disrepecting him'
wreckitrandy
9/1/2012 7:48pm
Hando wrote:
derp derp derp..IDGAF what you Dungey swayers have to say...the dude had NO competition this year cause everyone was hurt..yeah..you gotta be IN IT TO WIN...
derp derp derp..IDGAF what you Dungey swayers have to say...the dude had NO competition this year cause everyone was hurt..yeah..you gotta be IN IT TO WIN IT AND HE WAS..but when everyone else is IN IT he isn't dominating like he usually does.

Mark my word, he won't win any titles next year as long as one of the other dudes stays healthy the whole time.

So what you're saying is, everybody else is faster until they hurt themselves going faster?
bents
Fantasy
710th
9/1/2012 7:51pm
I gotta say Hando I'm a little surprised at your hard on against Dungey. We could chase the argument about riders being out of a series and making it easy till the end of time. Every champion has benefited from injuries and/or dnf's, or team instructions for that matter. How can you deny that Dungey has been in every series he has competed in since he turned pro? And he probably has more starts than anyone else during that period, which has obviously paid off in terms of titles.
ocscottie
9/1/2012 8:07pm
Doesnt surprise me one bit that the fantards completely missed the point of this thread.

How clean is the uni he wore this weekend? Fox is killin this year (or should i say next year, as this is their '13 line)

Hando
9/1/2012 8:10pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2012 8:15pm
bents wrote:
I gotta say Hando I'm a little surprised at your hard on against Dungey. We could chase the argument about riders being out of a series...
I gotta say Hando I'm a little surprised at your hard on against Dungey. We could chase the argument about riders being out of a series and making it easy till the end of time. Every champion has benefited from injuries and/or dnf's, or team instructions for that matter. How can you deny that Dungey has been in every series he has competed in since he turned pro? And he probably has more starts than anyone else during that period, which has obviously paid off in terms of titles.
easy.... every time he had competitors when he moved up to big bikes, he didn't win any titles. yes, that was only one time..but everytime he has won, he had no one in his league the whole season.

look, he deserves the titles he got..its not like he cheated to get them. you guys act like im claiming he did something to injure his competitors..clearly, that isnt the case.

enjoy it while you can guys, he'll be a 4th place guy next year, 5th if Trey/JS7 stays healthy.

When you factor in that RV2,CR22,JS7, Canard not to mention Barcia and Wilson moving up...yeah..things aren't looking good for the Dunge'

It's really hard to bet against RV's speed. He's on another level.......
Ozy
9/1/2012 8:14pm
Anybody trying to lessen Dungey's season and championship is totally C L U E L E S S!

Congrats to RD5 for a stellar season
lilbulld
9/1/2012 8:18pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2012 8:20pm
13 pts. behind when he broke his collarbone 2012 Supercross, missed what 5 or 6 races & lost championship by 66 (add to that being that he switched to a totally new brand/bike that was still being worked out)
Tied for series lead when gas incident happend at Freestone & 7 pts. behind when the Southwick incident happend 2011 MX, lost series by 12
14 pts. behind when the broken chain happend 2011 SX, lost by 10

Before I would say those other guys would give him fits, I would say they are bad luck charms or somethin'... Dude has been the most consistent, injury free rider period over the last three seasons and the smartest investment period just with alot of bad luck at the worst times.. The new guys coming up will be in the mix and make it tougher on everyone but why people single out Dungey and don't give credit where credit is due is beyond ridiculous. I personally think Dungey has a next level to him which we have not seen yet that will more than likely come with the aggressiveness that has been lacking so far that lots of others including DeCoster have talked about, he has been showing small signs of it and when he finds it or at least lets it loose he will either have many more championships in his hands, or follow suit as the other guys with the crashes and injuries
ocscottie
9/1/2012 8:23pm
Hando, i thought you had better reading comprehension than this. What i took from the original post was that it was more about how KTM has arrived and claiming their 1st premier class title is going to pay off tenfold, it was not really about Dungey, it just so happens he was the rider that did it.

Try reading it again, slowly, or do i need to break out the crayons and spell it out for you?
ocscottie
9/1/2012 8:47pm
Also gotta give credit to this dude, or should i say this "Man" Cool

9/1/2012 8:55pm
Hando wrote:
derp derp derp..IDGAF what you Dungey swayers have to say...the dude had NO competition this year cause everyone was hurt..yeah..you gotta be IN IT TO WIN...

Not once have I ever seen the names of inured riders out for the season next to the name of the series champion in the record book.
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
9/1/2012 8:56pm
Hando wrote:

People like you make Vital look bad. Ignorance, pure ignorance.
radialone
9/1/2012 11:13pm
lilbulld wrote:
13 pts. behind when he broke his collarbone 2012 Supercross, missed what 5 or 6 races & lost championship by 66 (add to that being that...
13 pts. behind when he broke his collarbone 2012 Supercross, missed what 5 or 6 races & lost championship by 66 (add to that being that he switched to a totally new brand/bike that was still being worked out)
Tied for series lead when gas incident happend at Freestone & 7 pts. behind when the Southwick incident happend 2011 MX, lost series by 12

Before I would say those other guys would give him fits, I would say they are bad luck charms or somethin'... Dude has been the most consistent, injury free rider period over the last three seasons and the smartest investment period just with alot of bad luck at the worst times.. The new guys coming up will be in the mix and make it tougher on everyone but why people single out Dungey and don't give credit where credit is due is beyond ridiculous. I personally think Dungey has a next level to him which we have not seen yet that will more than likely come with the aggressiveness that has been lacking so far that lots of others including DeCoster have talked about, he has been showing small signs of it and when he finds it or at least lets it loose he will either have many more championships in his hands, or follow suit as the other guys with the crashes and injuries
Thank you for looking up the numbers & posting this so I didn't have to. I agree completely.
matrixlee
9/2/2012 12:48am
lilbulld wrote:
13 pts. behind when he broke his collarbone 2012 Supercross, missed what 5 or 6 races & lost championship by 66 (add to that being that...

well said
FIREfish148
9/2/2012 1:11am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2012 1:12am
Not gonna lie I'm pretty damn impressed with Dungey this year. Dude came back from a broken collarbone and killed it in the outdoors. I honestly thought he was going to be off pace for outdoors after watching him at seattle supercross, but he came back and ran strong. Seems like outdoors is over after watching that race.

Props to Josh Grant on the podium at Steel City too. Good to see.
Katoom72
9/2/2012 1:30am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2012 1:30am
Hando wrote:
[b]easy.... every time he had competitors when he moved up to big bikes, he didn't win any titles.[/b] yes, that was only one time..but everytime he...
easy.... every time he had competitors when he moved up to big bikes, he didn't win any titles. yes, that was only one time..but everytime he has won, he had no one in his league the whole season.

look, he deserves the titles he got..its not like he cheated to get them. you guys act like im claiming he did something to injure his competitors..clearly, that isnt the case.

enjoy it while you can guys, he'll be a 4th place guy next year, 5th if Trey/JS7 stays healthy.

When you factor in that RV2,CR22,JS7, Canard not to mention Barcia and Wilson moving up...yeah..things aren't looking good for the Dunge'

It's really hard to bet against RV's speed. He's on another level.......
he got quite close until his Suzuki did not want to cooperate.
chrisbuehler
9/2/2012 5:49am
Hando wrote:

You agree though RV's SX season was just as "easy" as Dungey outdoor title right? I don't deny RV has a little more in the tank at SX but Barcia won't come anywhere close to Dungey when the final points are tallied
mccread
9/2/2012 5:51am
Dungey is the man imo. I still don't feel he gets the credit he deserves in my opinion. His wins record from 2009 is unbelievable!
PRM31
9/2/2012 6:04am
They put on a series and one guy, RD5, won it. Period. The only 450 national series he's lost since turning pro was essentially due to bike problems. He's proven himself to say the least.
reded
9/2/2012 6:57am
RD5 is this generations Jeff Stanton. He's always fast and always in contention to win races and championships. He's not a flashy or outspoken showman but rather a journeyman who laces up his boots and quietly works hard at what he's paid to do. He's every companies dream employee and because of that he'll most likely never get the recognition from the masses that he deserves.
sc961
9/2/2012 8:10am
Dungey is a decision maker. We don't have many of those in moto. Seems the KTM leadership has a similar thought process, and they make a great team.

There are a few very fast riders, no question about it. As we've seen over the course of time, the fastest riders are fun to watch, but don't always win championships. I've not ridden at that top level, but have to imagine that's the end game for that small elite group-.

RD5 has had his share of learning experiences through the Jlaw seasons, gas issues while leading the championship, bike mechanicals, the moto long duel with Villo last season at the end where is lost it in the last corner, and a few more.

He's fought his way past all issues, complaining very little about any of them publicly. The kid has a plan in place, and is following through with it making good decisions on the way. He's finding a way to win, no matter what the competition or obsticles are in front of him.

Post a reply to: RD5- Best deal in Mx

The Latest