RD and RV

plowboy
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 10:14am
I'm no wordsmith but it looked to me like RD was riding a track and RV was riding a bike. I thought, at the time, that maybe Villo was just using his "outdoors" head like he would at a gnarly national track...but I read a comment from Uncleof2 that said he'd like to see RV/RD swap bikes and see what happened. Maybe I'm reading too much into his comment but maybe RD had to ride the way he did because of some handling issues with the green bike? Obviously he won but he looked more like a desert racer just free-forming it. Anyway you look at it, it was an awesome display of skills from both guys. While I'm wasting yer guys time...I'd like to say that I get an enormous kick when Ricky and I say "WWHHOOO" at the same time.Woohoo
|
3/7/2010 12:08pm
Dungey's Suzuki seems to really put the power down when he lands off of jumps.
raddad
3/7/2010 12:18pm
RV has always been a WFO rider who searches the track from left to right and sometimes it bites him but mostly his wilder style is super successful.

RD has always been a more windham style rider who hits things perfect and corners like he is on rails even on flat surfaces and can rail around a huge berm to boot! He too is successful..

Is it the bike? I don't think so because both those guys have been riding like that since the am's! take a look back at any old races and they both are riding as they always did IMO
sharkey
3/7/2010 12:19pm
id like to see that too. Rv ride the yellow bike
`ol Ger
3/7/2010 12:23pm
I think RYAN is going to win the SX Championship.

The Shop

jmar
3/7/2010 12:24pm
raddad wrote:
RV has always been a WFO rider who searches the track from left to right and sometimes it bites him but mostly his wilder style is...
RV has always been a WFO rider who searches the track from left to right and sometimes it bites him but mostly his wilder style is super successful.

RD has always been a more windham style rider who hits things perfect and corners like he is on rails even on flat surfaces and can rail around a huge berm to boot! He too is successful..

Is it the bike? I don't think so because both those guys have been riding like that since the am's! take a look back at any old races and they both are riding as they always did IMO
Nothing wrong with either bike. Just two different riders with two totally different styles. There is still plenty of racing left and either rider can make a slight mistake that will change the outcome of this series.
FlaNard
3/7/2010 12:29pm
Suzuki is just way better. Im glad we can all agree. Cool
plowboy
3/7/2010 12:33pm
raddad, I agree 100% on their style differences...just seemed like RV was all over the place (more than usual). When I saw his uncle's comment I just wondered if maybe the Kawi wasn't set up as good as the Zook for that particular track? Villy's got crazy skills and it probably wouldn't matter what he was on, he'd still be fast.
BobbyM
3/7/2010 12:35pm
plowboy wrote:
I'm no wordsmith but it looked to me like RD was riding a track and RV was riding a bike. I thought, at the time, that...
I'm no wordsmith but it looked to me like RD was riding a track and RV was riding a bike. I thought, at the time, that maybe Villo was just using his "outdoors" head like he would at a gnarly national track...but I read a comment from Uncleof2 that said he'd like to see RV/RD swap bikes and see what happened. Maybe I'm reading too much into his comment but maybe RD had to ride the way he did because of some handling issues with the green bike? Obviously he won but he looked more like a desert racer just free-forming it. Anyway you look at it, it was an awesome display of skills from both guys. While I'm wasting yer guys time...I'd like to say that I get an enormous kick when Ricky and I say "WWHHOOO" at the same time.Woohoo
uncle said that?....damn, never thought he was an excuse maker, usually northwesterners are pretty hardcore. Wink
plowboy
3/7/2010 12:36pm
Yeah, looks like Ryan's got a lock this year.
plowboy
3/7/2010 12:40pm
Bobby, I didn't mean to convey anything by uncles comment, especially not an excuse for anything. Heck RV won the race...no excuses needed. I just thought it looked like he was really having to "ride" the bike compared to RD.
sharkey
3/7/2010 1:11pm
FlaNard wrote:
Suzuki is just way better. Im glad we can all agree. Cool
i agree too and i ride red. that kawi sucks.id love to see them trade bikes, i bet dungey would hate that kawi
oldx
3/7/2010 1:21pm
Big James said something similar I think about the Kaw. Just my personal opinion of course but I would never buy a green piece of shit to race.
Outsider
3/7/2010 2:26pm
raddad wrote: RV has always been a WFO rider who searches the track from left to right and sometimes it bites him but mostly his wilder style is super successful.

That's why he's fun to watch!

I must say that damn Suzuki has made just about everyone look good lately....

RC, Chad, Alessi, and Dungey all have looked better than ever on that bike, IMO.

If I don't buy an orange 300, I will be getting an yellow 450.
Bronson905
Fantasy
536th
3/7/2010 6:36pm
Outsider wrote:
[b]raddad wrote: RV has always been a WFO rider who searches the track from left to right and sometimes it bites him but mostly his wilder...
raddad wrote: RV has always been a WFO rider who searches the track from left to right and sometimes it bites him but mostly his wilder style is super successful.

That's why he's fun to watch!

I must say that damn Suzuki has made just about everyone look good lately....

RC, Chad, Alessi, and Dungey all have looked better than ever on that bike, IMO.

If I don't buy an orange 300, I will be getting an yellow 450.
x2
sharkey
3/7/2010 6:40pm
how about stroupe morais and baggett, those guys have been killin it on yellow also
Outsider
3/7/2010 6:47pm
sharkey wrote:
how about stroupe morais and baggett, those guys have been killin it on yellow also
Yep, exactly!
3/7/2010 6:53pm
plowboy wrote:
I'm no wordsmith but it looked to me like RD was riding a track and RV was riding a bike. I thought, at the time, that...
wow just imagine one of them on pourcel's bike.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
3/7/2010 6:54pm
Villopoto rode with pure anger last night. He rode that track like it just stole his girlfriend.
3/9/2010 6:03pm
Dungey's Suzuki seems to really put the power down when he lands off of jumps.
Yeah its called traction control. At least some form of it. Suzuki has a vey good understanding of EFI and you can tell they are implementing some form of traction control through the use of the electronics.

Just saying....!

Post a reply to: RD and RV

The Latest