RC's new ride

oshow
11/16/2009 8:50am
Yeah but you just know it's fun as hell to drive those trucks-cars that fast. He has done everything on a bike he wanted to, I think he can do watever he wants now.
11/16/2009 8:53am
Blake wrote:
I'd be interested if it was Rally or F1. Any no talent fat ass can get around a track if you have an experienced crew.
flarider wrote:
An absolutely ignorant statement and evidence of how little you understand of not only NASCAR, but auto racing in general. and listen to DAG, he knows...
An absolutely ignorant statement and evidence of how little you understand of not only NASCAR, but auto racing in general.

and listen to DAG, he knows what he's talking about
Blake wrote:
Come on man, proof is that no one from F1 can jump in a Nascar and win, but can be right in the mix, yet anyone...
Come on man, proof is that no one from F1 can jump in a Nascar and win, but can be right in the mix, yet anyone from Nascar wouldnt even attempt to compete, let alone win in F1.

Fer christs sakes, a god damned snowmobile racer got the pole at Atlanta I believe, as a Rookie!

But I digress.

"yet anyone from Nascar wouldnt even attempt to compete, let alone win in F1."

If these F1 drivers are so dope then where is their success in NASCAR against these no talent fat asses? Juan Montoya has had probably the most success out of anyone making the transition yet he struggles. You'd think with his EXPERT skill that it took to drive F1 he would come into NASCAR and sweep up.

F1 drivers are talented, but a different type of talent. Can you even consider f1 a racing series? It's fun to watch for a minute until you realize that a typical race only has around 3 lead changes. What type of racing is that?

MX45
11/16/2009 9:05am
I went to my first nascar race yesterday at PIR. I gained alot of respect for the sport.
Some people can go around a circle faster than others. I'm not sure what sets them apart, but skill has to be a part of it.
nmanley
11/16/2009 10:40am
DAG wrote:
RC should be ok. The team is pretty well funded and appears to be doing things right so far. KHI demands alot of money which isn't...
RC should be ok. The team is pretty well funded and appears to be doing things right so far. KHI demands alot of money which isn't always transfered back into the equipment. One has to remember that KHI is a business for Delana and Kevin so they take some off the top. At his new team more money will go to the racing. I'm glad his sponsor didn't get stolen in today's economy. Stock car teams are ruthless at that. Seat time is the biggest thing he needs but so far he has done a good job of keeping trucks in one piece and when you are learning that is very important. A rookie can put his team really behind if they are building/repairing trucks every week instead of focussing on performance. it also really drains the morale of the crew when they know all their hard work is getting wadded up every week. Ricky's personality and understanding of how valuable every team member is to the organization will go a long way for his sucess. I think running a part time schedule was good for him to see if he really wants to put in the dedication to run a whole series. Now it appears he is ready to focus on it and no one on the grid will have his determiantion. Contrary to popular belief not any fat ass can get in and run consitant every week. The top ten in the truck series are seasoned racers who have alot of skill. Most of them can get in a Cup car and run decent. The truck series has the best racing out of all three and I am glad that we will see Ricky at every event in 2010.
Great post and right on too. Like others, I will be glad to see RC racing all the events and some sedan time too. This will be his make or break year and he should improve a lot from this.

18th place at Phoenix in his first race with the new team is not too bad. He was the first truck 1 lap down.

The Shop

adamdf
11/16/2009 10:48am
RC should race the GNCC or WORCS series...with his drive he'd clean up.
I say skip that and go straight to motogp, just sayin'
adamdf
11/16/2009 10:56am Edited Date/Time 11/16/2009 10:57am
neysbo wrote:
The Truck Series is 2 levels below Nascar. Next series up is called the Nationwide series and it looks like he will be doing a few...
The Truck Series is 2 levels below Nascar. Next series up is called the Nationwide series and it looks like he will be doing a few of those.

His results certainly need to improve or his career will be short lived. Gotta be tough for him as his results have been mid pack at best. He could be racing the Outdoor series here and still winning.
DrSweden wrote:
Tnx for the reply. I don't think it's on the map he will return, but just the thought makes me jiggle! Maybe he could finally do...
Tnx for the reply. I don't think it's on the map he will return, but just the thought makes me jiggle! Maybe he could finally do the GPs!!!

Yeah, I know I'm dreaming, but made me glad for a minute!!! Smile

I don't wish him to fail, but it wouldn't be a failure he stopped this nonsense and went back to mx where he belongs and could prosper in any way he chose. Maybe staring team like PC or something? The factories seems less these days anyway. PC, LM manage this shit and RC has so much to offer. If LarryB can succeed, I think RC could as well! I don't want to elaborate that any further! Wink
RC has said more than once that there is a reason he likes the whole NASCAR thing, it takes serious determination and he doesn't feel iike we was "meant to be" in Nascar where as with mx/sx it was kind of his destiny from childhood. The guy likes a challenge and that kind of raw self motivation deserves a ton of respect.

So i guess to answer the whole going back to mx because thats where "he belongs" is exactly why he doesn't want to do it, he wants something different at this stage. He's done it all in mx already, which is why he liked step-up at x games, yet another completely new challenge.

Post a reply to: RC's new ride

The Latest