New team, new number

|

11/12/2009 6:37 PM

|

11/12/2009 6:38 PM

3+1= the famous #4

|

11/12/2009 6:43 PM

Mike Brown + James Stewart = Ricky Carmichael?

|

11/12/2009 6:50 PM

Word is that Ricky has his own team for next year and is on track to run all of the truck series races(no more limited schedule). Engines are rumored to be through K. Harvick.

|

11/12/2009 7:33 PM

Shake-n-bake Ricky, shake-n-bake!!!

|

11/12/2009 7:35 PM

pretty cool.

|

11/12/2009 8:45 PM

I don't think a 4x8 will fit in the back of that pickup.

|

11/12/2009 9:19 PM

ugggh....... much Much rather seem him running a complete TORC schedule.... he'd be better at it, probably win right off the bat, and would help take that series to the next level..... oh and, bet he could get his customary #4 there.....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

11/13/2009 1:32 AM

So he`s driving the Redneck championship lites class now? What happened to the Redneck class aka NASCAR?

|

11/13/2009 1:47 AM

Odd looking vehicle. Looks NASCAR-ish. What kind of class is this? How did it got invented? It's a pick-up? How is it rated compared to NASCAR? If you win this series, how many other goofy looking cars do you have to drive before you enter a NASCAR or something?

Is RC any good, or do you get the feeling it wont happen? If he starts his own team next year, doesn’t that indicate something negative? People usually don’t do that so early in their careers?

|

11/13/2009 3:37 AM

Car racing is a little different. Lot's of guys seem to be starting their own teams.

|

Are we gonna ride or are we gonna mess around all day?

11/13/2009 4:17 AM

Yuk

|

11/13/2009 4:56 AM

I wonder if Nascar would let him put a + sign between the 3 and 1?

|

11/13/2009 5:09 AM

DrSweden wrote:

Odd looking vehicle. Looks NASCAR-ish. What kind of class is this? How did it got invented? It's a pick-up? How is it rated compared to NASCAR? If you win this series, how many other goofy looking cars do you have to drive before you enter a NASCAR or something?

Is RC any good, or do you get the feeling it wont happen? If he starts his own team next year, doesn’t that indicate something negative? People usually don’t do that so early in their careers?

The Truck Series is 2 levels below Nascar. Next series up is called the Nationwide series and it looks like he will be doing a few of those.

His results certainly need to improve or his career will be short lived. Gotta be tough for him as his results have been mid pack at best. He could be racing the Outdoor series here and still winning.

|

11/13/2009 10:31 AM

neysbo wrote:

The Truck Series is 2 levels below Nascar. Next series up is called the Nationwide series and it looks like he will be doing a few of those.

His results certainly need to improve or his career will be short lived. Gotta be tough for him as his results have been mid pack at best. He could be racing the Outdoor series here and still winning.

NASCAR is the sanctioning body, ala AMA. The premier class is Sprint Cup, not Nascar. The Camping World Truck Series is NASCAR's 3rd tier, behind Sprint Cup and Nationwide.

|

11/13/2009 11:54 AM

JOHN CHOATE wrote:

Word is that Ricky has his own team for next year and is on track to run all of the truck series races(no more limited schedule). Engines are rumored to be through K. Harvick.

He starts with his new team this weekend, still running KHI equipment.

"Turner Motorsports, LLC has announced former professional motocross and supercross racer Ricky Carmichael has joined the organization to pilot the #31 Monster Energy Chevrolet Silverado in the final two NASCAR Camping World Truck Series events of the 2009 season, at Phoenix International Raceway and Homestead-Miami Speedway. In addition, Carmichael has signed a multi-year contract and will compete full-time in the 2010 Truck Series season for owners Steve and Sandra Turner and the Mooresville, North Carolina-based team. In an effort to gain maximum seat time, Carmichael will also participate in 10 ARCA RE/MAX Series races throughout the 2010 season. Sponsorship details, truck number and personnel will be released at a later date.(Turner Motorsports PR)(11-10-2009)"

|

11/13/2009 12:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 6:55 PM

neysbo wrote:

Tnx for the reply. I don't think it's on the map he will return, but just the thought makes me jiggle! Maybe he could finally do the GPs!!!

Yeah, I know I'm dreaming, but made me glad for a minute!!! Smile

I don't wish him to fail, but it wouldn't be a failure he stopped this nonsense and went back to mx where he belongs and could prosper in any way he chose. Maybe staring team like PC or something? The factories seems less these days anyway. PC, LM manage this shit and RC has so much to offer. If LarryB can succeed, I think RC could as well! I don't want to elaborate that any further!

|

11/13/2009 1:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 6:55 PM

It's all about the $.

R.C.'s Monster deal didn't seem to have the necessary "timing", and...possibly..."funding", to keep things rollin' "Full-Time" at KHI; so, R.C. ends up at Turner.

It seems Monster is sure about staying involved in NASCAR.

Maybe RockStar will show some signs of goin' racin' over there?

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

11/13/2009 2:15 PM

I'd be interested if it was Rally or F1. Any no talent fat ass can get around a track if you have an experienced crew.

|

11/13/2009 2:50 PM

Not good. Harvick's team is the premier one in the series....to get dropped and/or not continue with them isn't a great sign.

I'm glad RC found a ride, but I hope he chose well. It's always a crapshoot with these new teams. Someone would always be happy to take his Monster money. The fact that they plan to run him in some ARCA is a good sign, because Ricky really needs more seat time than anything else right now.

|

11/13/2009 2:58 PM

RC should race the GNCC or WORCS series...with his drive he'd clean up.

|

11/15/2009 10:52 AM

RC should be ok. The team is pretty well funded and appears to be doing things right so far. KHI demands alot of money which isn't always transfered back into the equipment. One has to remember that KHI is a business for Delana and Kevin so they take some off the top. At his new team more money will go to the racing. I'm glad his sponsor didn't get stolen in today's economy. Stock car teams are ruthless at that. Seat time is the biggest thing he needs but so far he has done a good job of keeping trucks in one piece and when you are learning that is very important. A rookie can put his team really behind if they are building/repairing trucks every week instead of focussing on performance. it also really drains the morale of the crew when they know all their hard work is getting wadded up every week. Ricky's personality and understanding of how valuable every team member is to the organization will go a long way for his sucess. I think running a part time schedule was good for him to see if he really wants to put in the dedication to run a whole series. Now it appears he is ready to focus on it and no one on the grid will have his determiantion. Contrary to popular belief not any fat ass can get in and run consitant every week. The top ten in the truck series are seasoned racers who have alot of skill. Most of them can get in a Cup car and run decent. The truck series has the best racing out of all three and I am glad that we will see Ricky at every event in 2010.

|

11/15/2009 12:48 PM

harescrambled wrote:

RC should race the GNCC or WORCS series...with his drive he'd clean up.

If he was going to do that he would have never retired from MX/SX in the first place.

|

11/15/2009 12:56 PM

Blake wrote:

I'd be interested if it was Rally or F1. Any no talent fat ass can get around a track if you have an experienced crew.

An absolutely ignorant statement and evidence of how little you understand of not only NASCAR, but auto racing in general.

and listen to DAG, he knows what he's talking about

|

This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR

[LINK TO IMAGE]
"Grant money is not pork" - Rep Allen West

11/16/2009 1:53 AM

Blake wrote:

flarider wrote:

An absolutely ignorant statement and evidence of how little you understand of not only NASCAR, but auto racing in general.

and listen to DAG, he knows what he's talking about

Come on man, proof is that no one from F1 can jump in a Nascar and win, but can be right in the mix, yet anyone from Nascar wouldnt even attempt to compete, let alone win in F1.

Fer christs sakes, a god damned snowmobile racer got the pole at Atlanta I believe, as a Rookie!

But I digress.

|

11/16/2009 2:00 AM

JOHN CHOATE wrote:

A rookie can put his team really behind if they are building/repairing trucks every week instead of focussing on performance

Is this why he's in a truck now?...
|

Some of these posts are like reading closed caption on the cartoon channel...

Hello?..Vital?...

11/16/2009 7:37 AM

JOHN CHOATE wrote:

Big Lenny wrote: A rookie can put his team really behind if they are building/repairing trucks every week instead of focussing on performance

Is this why he's in a truck now?...

I haven't heard anything about Ricky putting together his own team, I don't see where he would want to put his own money at risk like that. But his new team with Turner looks to be well run and willing to spend the $$ to race for the front.

|