RC's barn... Or is it?

jo2910
11/22/2016 9:28am
Did you guys expect him to clean each part and put them on eBay? I'm sure you have old boots / gear or bicycle parts that lay in a corner of your garage. That's what it is to him the factory didn't want them back, he can be bothered to throw away at the local tip and certainly can't be bothered to sell if he is even allowed to.

Now the kawi stuff is shitty from an environmental point of view.
a22
11/22/2016 9:39am Edited Date/Time 11/22/2016 9:41am
^^ yea, I saw it abit like that also.

Even the Kawi stuff, is it really that un-enviromentally friendly, I mean its his land and maybe they also drained the oil out!? He is free to put whatever on his land really isn't he- it will rot away eventually I guess, although some may see it as a 'sacrelidge' or something, which is understandable. You can look at it from different perspectives.
JW381
11/22/2016 10:18am
RandyS wrote:
It's supposed to be set to safe search, my wifes computer sitting in the living room. 6 year old sitting 10 feet away. So no this...
It's supposed to be set to safe search, my wifes computer sitting in the living room. 6 year old sitting 10 feet away. So no this time I didn't know what I was getting into.
JW381 wrote:
Uh huh Whistling

Laughing
RandyS wrote:
I'll cop to just about anything but I do have a line below which I will not go. We have reached it, not even a tiny...
I'll cop to just about anything but I do have a line below which I will not go. We have reached it, not even a tiny tingle. That shit just ain't right.
LaughingLaughing

I wonder who's line is higher?
Premixed112
11/22/2016 10:25am
What would've been awesome instead of leaving bikes and parts to rot and not getting anything in return for them, is to give them away to some local kids.

The Shop

kiwifan
11/22/2016 10:30am
I wonder what the manufacturers thought if they knew he treated their gear like that, perhaps they wouldn't care....but heck...what a waste
JAFO92
11/22/2016 1:22pm
Those cookie-cutter taxi cabs arent worth saving.

Id send all of 'em to the crusher and leave with folded money in my pocket.
TallCan 16
11/22/2016 1:27pm
What are you supposed to do with stuff you're technically not supposed to sell or even give away? He was probably going through shit so fast the factories didn't even want it back. I think it's pretty cool to see, like others have said it just goes to show how much he rode there, kind of like what it takes to be the best ever..I certainly haven't gone through that many tires/boots/forks/frames etc! Do you think even James, RV or Chad have?
vetmxr
11/22/2016 4:19pm
I heard once somewhere that Stanton was capable of destroying a stock honda in 20 minutes if he wanted to. Bending and stretching it to the point where it was unridable....

I don't believe that mere mortals can fathom the forces that a top pro puts on a bike riding it at full tilt.. If Stanton could destroy one that fast, maybe after Ricky was through with the bikes, they weren't fit to be sold. Pretty sure that pro-circuit pipe on that kx didnt get worn out though????
FARANG
11/22/2016 7:37pm
I think it's pretty cool how it is. Those pictures are awesome, almost looks eerie just sat there covered in dust in that creepy barn, and much better than seeing it all polished up in some sterilized museum exhibit somewhere.

Of course it looks like gold dust to some people because it's RC's old stuff. But to RC, everything he's ever owned is RC's old stuff so to him it's just old bike parts. Same as any of our old stinking boots, or worn out gear is to us. I also find it pretty cool that he's just thrown it into storage without a care in the world, like he's moved on to new projects now and doesn't care too much for reminiscing.

cason402
11/25/2016 7:33pm
One thing worth considering is that RC has (probably) never purchased one moto item in his life.

Sure he has "purchased" a lot in trade for services rendered

but all the gear, aftermarket and oem memorabilia, was never something he took cash down to the dealer and bought.

my point is that this stuff means something vastly different to him, it's really a social class or strata issue.

all the moralizing is laughable, as your upbringings have been offended by the upper class and there wasteful indifference to items you feel are valuable.

the top performers have no time to think about such petty stuff, that's not how you become what so many will call the greatest of all time.
11/28/2016 9:29am
UpTiTe wrote:
It's a house. When RC first bought it he fixed up part of it and lived in it.
He's always come of so humble, Besides his home you never saw him running around in ferrari's or lambo's, being flashy with his money.

One of the coolest stories in our sport is how he came from nothing and made it happen with hard work and determination.

Post a reply to: RC's barn... Or is it?

The Latest