ZOBITO
12/3/2020 2:59am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2021 7:49am
Great marketing coup or what?

|
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
12/3/2020 3:13am
Looks like RC has lost a 100 pounds.... or the vid is 15 yrs old.
dustmx
Fantasy
1346th
12/3/2020 3:31am
Looks current to me with the gear and RC has lost a lot of weight
Buckit
12/3/2020 5:51am
It’s current. They filmed this video & did the ‘21 model range promo stuff with Mike Alessi within the last 90 days

The Shop

AxlBundy
12/3/2020 5:57am
They have a 50 that looks like a KTM mini but with a 50 4t. Disc brakes.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/3/2020 9:04am Edited Date/Time 12/3/2020 11:59am
En anglais.

Ricky Carmichael and Son Kadin Test Ride YCF Pit Bikes at The Goat Farm

https://youtu.be/nbbRkHM7mAw

New Smyrna Beach (FL): There’s no better way to test the limits of our YCF pit bike than getting it into the hands of a legendary rider like Ricky Carmichael. We were honored to recently share the experience of our YCF line of motorcycles with RIcky and his son Kadin as they ripped some laps around RC’s iconic Goat Farm property. Armed with our BIGY 190 DAYTONA and START SE 125 motorcycles, the motocross/supercross champion and his son shared some quality time that all motocross families dream of –throwing roost and smiling as they raced around the property.

Carmichael had nothing but good things to say, “These things are really well built. The craftsmanship is top notch, and it comes from a racing family.” He went on, “I really am impressed with the bikes, the brand, how they’re built, and what they have to offer, and I think it’s going to take minibike riding and pit bike riding to the next level.” With the growing demand for reliable, high performance, fun-sized machines, the YCF line is more than ready for some backyard laps with the family or race-pace fun with your friends. “It’s an honor to have Ricky and his family ride our YCF line of motorcycles.” YCF’s founder Yannick Coquard stated. “We dedicate everything to the quality and performance of our bikes. To see someone of Ricky Carmichael’s caliber show the bike’s true capabilities while also sharing his love of riding with his son is a proud moment for our brand and something everyone can relate to.”

Press play and watch Ricky Carmichael and his son Kaden riding brand new YCF pit bikes at the Goat Farm in our latest video release. With Christmas being right around the corner, our line of motorcycles make for the perfect gift for any age in the family! For more information, please visit www.ycfusa.com and follow @ycfusa and @ycf.france on Instagram and Facebook.

About YCF: Founded in France by Yannick Coquard, a National Pro Motocross racer, and Dimitri Bera, a high level French technician, the YCF story started when Yannick decided to improve the quality and reliability of the pit bike he owned before starting YCF. Step by step he modified this bike and finally decided he would build his own bike. YCF is a real motorcycle manufacturer, with its own research and development department and its own factory in China which was created in 2009. This has been the key to success as YCF as a manufacturer is able to control from A-Z. The industrial process has never stopped during the last ten years in order to improve the quality, reliability and performance of the products.

12/3/2020 9:13am
YCF is getting lots of press with clips like this and magazine tests. It's competition, SSR has also stepped up it's game but gets little recognition. Be nice to see a comparison/shootout between the YCF190 and SSR189
bestmx
12/3/2020 9:27am Edited Date/Time 12/3/2020 9:38am
Crazy weight loss!

So confused on his size and the bike.

RC on an 85 for comparison;

He should have done a comparison on his bbr 50, unless it’s completely rotted away;

Ryan625
12/3/2020 9:48am
bestmx wrote:
Crazy weight loss! So confused on his size and the bike. RC on an 85 for comparison; [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/12/03/463211/s1200_71BE5E0B_881C_48E0_91E5_9DD5B6F56B39.jpg[/img] He should have done a comparison on his...
Crazy weight loss!

So confused on his size and the bike.

RC on an 85 for comparison;

He should have done a comparison on his bbr 50, unless it’s completely rotted away;

His barn always makes me so sad. It’s a gold mine for a guy like me.

That YCF looks fun!
Brent
12/3/2020 9:54am Edited Date/Time 12/3/2020 9:55am
Ive never even heard of these things, but they look awesome!

I don't see any dealers on the west coast though. Has anyone ridden one and what is the build quality?
gt80rider
12/3/2020 10:46am
RC will rep anything for a check now days... Smile
DA498
12/3/2020 11:18am
Brent wrote:
Ive never even heard of these things, but they look awesome! I don't see any dealers on the west coast though. Has anyone ridden one and...

I don't see any dealers on the west coast though. Has anyone ridden one and what is the build quality?
Check out their flat trackers!
xrmark
12/3/2020 12:03pm
RiverockMX wrote:
YCF is getting lots of press with clips like this and magazine tests. It's competition, SSR has also stepped up it's game but gets little recognition...
YCF is getting lots of press with clips like this and magazine tests. It's competition, SSR has also stepped up it's game but gets little recognition. Be nice to see a comparison/shootout between the YCF190 and SSR189
That’s because the SSR is a POS. These are legit
12/3/2020 12:54pm
xrmark wrote:
That’s because the SSR is a POS. These are legit
And there folks is the very helpful in-depth analysis. Winner!
Yeti831
12/3/2020 1:40pm
Im good on buying anything made in China for moto.

I know I’ll be “that guy” but not overly stoked on the idea. And I know I’m not alone on that.
numbers
12/3/2020 1:48pm
Yeti831 wrote:
Im good on buying anything made in China for moto. I know I’ll be “that guy” but not overly stoked on the idea. And I know...

I know I’ll be “that guy” but not overly stoked on the idea. And I know I’m not alone on that.
Honda crf110 is made in China. People beat the shit out of them all day long.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
12/3/2020 2:48pm
gt80rider wrote:
RC will rep anything for a check now days... Smile
What is he getting paid to rep?
kijen
12/3/2020 3:56pm Edited Date/Time 12/3/2020 4:14pm
actually just bought the bike, headquarters in Edgewater a bit over an hour south from me, took it to north fl mx, this past Sat.

strong motor, suspension takes all the hits of the bigs jumps, but need to make some adjustments, like any bike....

I ordered a bunch of Nickle bolts from spec bolt to swap out the chinses bolts, the bolts that hold the important parts together were Loctite, so that was a nice suprise.

I was originally shopping for something either a KLX110l or whatever, but kept coming back to this, size wise, motor etc...just seems like a good deal...

I'm 57, got a 19 KTM 450, an old YZ250, Im just a slow old man, but can tell its a pretty decent bike, and my son and I had a blast.

guess Keefer has one as well...so I think popularity for the brand is increasing...also the guys who did the Poto replica a year ago looked great.

forgot to Add, I met the owner, Yannick, came off as a very cool guy, ...moto dude with a business....
12/3/2020 4:05pm
Yeti831 wrote:
Im good on buying anything made in China for moto. I know I’ll be “that guy” but not overly stoked on the idea. And I know...

numbers wrote:
Honda crf110 is made in China. People beat the shit out of them all day long.
Yup. The Honda is Chinese and the Daytona is a Japanese motor.
Chopsalot
Fantasy
1082nd
12/3/2020 4:15pm
Brent wrote:
Ive never even heard of these things, but they look awesome! I don't see any dealers on the west coast though. Has anyone ridden one and...

dbx33
12/3/2020 6:37pm
im a dealer for ycf
mooch
Fantasy
449th
12/3/2020 8:54pm
kijen wrote:
actually just bought the bike, headquarters in Edgewater a bit over an hour south from me, took it to north fl mx, this past Sat. strong...
actually just bought the bike, headquarters in Edgewater a bit over an hour south from me, took it to north fl mx, this past Sat.

strong motor, suspension takes all the hits of the bigs jumps, but need to make some adjustments, like any bike....

I ordered a bunch of Nickle bolts from spec bolt to swap out the chinses bolts, the bolts that hold the important parts together were Loctite, so that was a nice suprise.

I was originally shopping for something either a KLX110l or whatever, but kept coming back to this, size wise, motor etc...just seems like a good deal...

I'm 57, got a 19 KTM 450, an old YZ250, Im just a slow old man, but can tell its a pretty decent bike, and my son and I had a blast.

guess Keefer has one as well...so I think popularity for the brand is increasing...also the guys who did the Poto replica a year ago looked great.

forgot to Add, I met the owner, Yannick, came off as a very cool guy, ...moto dude with a business....
Wow...Interesting that you were able to buy one at the headquarters!

I've had one on order with an expected delivery date for bigy 190s being mid November. Now looking at end of December for the bikes to make it into the US...reason given for hold up is customs. Makes me wonder how the main office has them available?

Is your Bigy 190 a 2019 or 2020 model? My understanding is the 2020 model is what I'm waiting for then the 2021s will be coming in a few more months.
numbers
12/3/2020 9:40pm
kijen wrote:
actually just bought the bike, headquarters in Edgewater a bit over an hour south from me, took it to north fl mx, this past Sat. strong...

mooch wrote:
Wow...Interesting that you were able to buy one at the headquarters! I've had one on order with an expected delivery date for bigy 190s being mid...

I've had one on order with an expected delivery date for bigy 190s being mid November. Now looking at end of December for the bikes to make it into the US...reason given for hold up is customs. Makes me wonder how the main office has them available?

Is your Bigy 190 a 2019 or 2020 model? My understanding is the 2020 model is what I'm waiting for then the 2021s will be coming in a few more months.
Hes got your bike. Your getting what should have been his 🤣
Crush
12/4/2020 1:45am
Ryan625 wrote:
His barn always makes me so sad. It’s a gold mine for a guy like me.

That YCF looks fun!
Wasn't there an RC story where there is basically a pit full of factory Kawis just bulldozed in near that shed?
jemcee
12/4/2020 2:37am
Crush wrote:
Wasn't there an RC story where there is basically a pit full of factory Kawis just bulldozed in near that shed?

Talisker
12/4/2020 2:45am
Makes me want a pit bike again. Wish Kawi would re-produce the KD80X 88-89.
kijen
12/4/2020 6:14am
kijen wrote:

mooch wrote:
Wow...Interesting that you were able to buy one at the headquarters! I've had one on order with an expected delivery date for bigy 190s being mid...

Got lucky they had a demo, from their photo shoots and videos, otherwise i would be waiting just like you....timing and luck.

I think it will be worth the wait for you! Having rode the bike only once, Id be willing to wait a couple months for it.
mxstate
12/4/2020 7:11am
I got my 9 y/o kid the 88 model and I got to ride the whole 2020 model range
No issues they are very solid bikes. Part availability
Not a problem.

On our 88 the electric start works flawlessly
Engine rock solid. Tons of bling to upgrade and larger models have some performance parts.

Post a reply to: RC4 on YCF190

The Latest