RC picks his MXON dream team

drt410
Edited Date/Time 12/11/2017 5:56pm
https://www.facebook.com/FoxRacing/videos/10154953772756146/

All the JS7 haters are gonna be pissed lol. Straight from the GOAT himself. You guys can just take a seat right over there. Red Bud is a great choice as well. Also kinda shows where the RV vs RD conversation is at as well. The best rider of all time believes that Him then Bubba and RV are the 3 greatest mx riders. Id agree. Whos opinion in here is more valuable than this?
|
H4L
12/10/2017 3:37pm
Agree with the GOAT on the 3 top riders.
Bman_145
12/10/2017 3:42pm
These are MXDN picks not just the best US MX riders, that point does matter, especially for Dungey. He was a let down many years riding for USA. I like his picks, but for me you have to look back further than that. Hard to beat Wardy for a spot on the team.
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
12/10/2017 4:07pm
Herlings is quite fast

The Shop

drt410
12/10/2017 4:07pm
Hes not a us rider though.
drt410
12/10/2017 4:08pm
Bman_145 wrote:
These are MXDN picks not just the best US MX riders, that point does matter, especially for Dungey. He was a let down many years riding...
These are MXDN picks not just the best US MX riders, that point does matter, especially for Dungey. He was a let down many years riding for USA. I like his picks, but for me you have to look back further than that. Hard to beat Wardy for a spot on the team.
Different era, different training and technique. Plugging in the old Jeff Ward today he would get smoked.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
12/10/2017 4:18pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2017 4:21pm
He said during his era or "any dream team". O'Mara would be hard to leave out.
12/10/2017 4:18pm
Bman_145 wrote:
These are MXDN picks not just the best US MX riders, that point does matter, especially for Dungey. He was a let down many years riding...
drt410 wrote:
Different era, different training and technique. Plugging in the old Jeff Ward today he would get smoked.
I agree. Current day riders would
Smoke the older riders.
SKlein
12/10/2017 4:20pm
drt410 wrote:
Hes not a us rider though.
Yeah, but did you know he is quite fast?
newmann
12/10/2017 4:27pm
Bman_145 wrote:
drt410 wrote:
Smoke the older riders.
LMAO. Take a current rider back to 1981 and plop their ass on the line at the MXdN on a 500cc 2 stroke and watch the hilarity ensue.
drt410
12/10/2017 4:40pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2017 4:50pm
Were not talking about that though... I didnt say Wardy sucks, at all. Hes one of the best of all time. Im just saying picking a team of these riders you would take them in their prime, no? Ward in his prime vs RC JS or RV in their prime would be 0 contest. Like I said different eras, different training, different technique. For his time period Ward was an absolute beast. You ride for your time period. These riders were recent and mx was completely different. Im not saying he sucks Im saying theres never a point in time that he was ever close to their speed so how would it work? All of them in their primes even probably the top 20 today would blow him out of the water, its not his fault.

Wards a legend he just rode in a different era where the sport was completely different. To me that takes nothing away from him and we guage riders off how they did in their time and hes a legend. The sport has just changed a lot at no fault of his own. Like I said we guage riders off how they rode in their time and thats why hell always be one of the greatest. Doesnt mean hes even minutely close to the podium now or any time back to the mid 90s. Doesnt taint his legacy at all. Even though these 3 were different "eras" they all raced eachother and overlapped careers so theyre all comparable and their top speed still translates to today. Were not far enough away yet.
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
12/10/2017 4:44pm
RC, Bubba and Villo, it's like a royal flush on flop. Agree with him.

JMC at Jerez was impressive for me.
kkawboy14
12/10/2017 4:45pm
If those 3 guys went they would sell 40,000 tickets!
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
12/10/2017 4:51pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2017 4:51pm
Era wasnt a qualifer. RC said "any dream team". Keep in mind this is for MXON. O'Mara's MXON performance may be the greatest ever, in US history.

At the end of the day, this is a broken logic scenario in the first place. Too many varibles with apples vs. oranges to ever have a logical answer.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
12/10/2017 5:02pm
The best team ever was Bailey 500, Johnson 250, Omara 125.
Acidreamer
12/10/2017 5:17pm
For an outdoor race yea who else even compares to those 3? Nobody.
Whymee
12/10/2017 5:41pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2017 5:43pm
Being serious here:

Why don't Ricky Charmichael, James Stewart and Ryan Villopoto come out of retirement and race these Euros on our own soil next fall? Do not say that is is not possible. It is possible. Probable? That is another subject...

Why not? Will not be expected to win. Huge draw. What if they were in contention leading into the last moto. My god, that would be epic. Probably the most exciting event I would witness in person for the rest of my life.

Ryan Dungey can be warming up in the bull pen if one of the three goes down & cannot compete in the event.

Train like a mother, enter some nationals as a warm up...

Oh, and ride 2 strokes. (optional)

I would donate to that cause.

Somebody have their cell numbers? I will get it done...

Dammit this Peyote is wearing off. I gots to go replentish...
kkawboy14
12/10/2017 6:00pm
Whymee wrote:
Being serious here: Why don't Ricky Charmichael, James Stewart and Ryan Villopoto come out of retirement and race these Euros on our own soil next fall...
Being serious here:

Why don't Ricky Charmichael, James Stewart and Ryan Villopoto come out of retirement and race these Euros on our own soil next fall? Do not say that is is not possible. It is possible. Probable? That is another subject...

Why not? Will not be expected to win. Huge draw. What if they were in contention leading into the last moto. My god, that would be epic. Probably the most exciting event I would witness in person for the rest of my life.

Ryan Dungey can be warming up in the bull pen if one of the three goes down & cannot compete in the event.

Switch to shrooms, they last longer
crf250pilot
12/10/2017 6:59pm
UpTiTe wrote:
And all on the same bikes, That was Epic!
12/10/2017 7:01pm
Whymee wrote:
Being serious here: Why don't Ricky Charmichael, James Stewart and Ryan Villopoto come out of retirement and race these Euros on our own soil next fall...
Being serious here:

Wtf did I just read
starchild
12/10/2017 7:09pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Absolutely!
drt410
12/10/2017 7:14pm
kzizok wrote:
Era wasnt a qualifer. RC said "any dream team". Keep in mind this is for MXON. O'Mara's MXON performance may be the greatest ever, in US...
Era wasnt a qualifer. RC said "any dream team". Keep in mind this is for MXON. O'Mara's MXON performance may be the greatest ever, in US history.

At the end of the day, this is a broken logic scenario in the first place. Too many varibles with apples vs. oranges to ever have a logical answer.
It can be quantified though that riders are faster today (with lap times), train more, and ride with better form and technique. Nobody is taking anything away from anyone, the fact just is that riders are faster today and train much harder to be at a higher level than those guys were. I would imagine that the waaaay better trained 3 riders mentioned that have better technique developed over decades of trial and error would still beat them back in the day as well. That is something that nobody will ever know but you really think JS7 couldn't hold on to some 1980s Honda 250 when he could seat bounce larocco's leap first lap on a 125? You think they would beat RC as well? I reaaaallly doubt it but that is something that well never know. Just watching those guys its pretty clear though, but again Im not taking anything away from them they dominated in the era they were in with the form that was used and the training methods that were required to win at the time. The sport just progressed and riders got better, thats true of any sport. I don't see how the argument makes sense the other way tbh, IMO those 3 would beat the absolute brakes off of all of those riders but thats my opinion. They were just better because they rode in a better era...so they're better, and Id say on any equipment as well.
ATKpilot99
12/10/2017 7:29pm
drt410 wrote:
It can be quantified though that riders are faster today (with lap times), train more, and ride with better form and technique. Nobody is taking anything...
It can be quantified though that riders are faster today (with lap times), train more, and ride with better form and technique. Nobody is taking anything away from anyone, the fact just is that riders are faster today and train much harder to be at a higher level than those guys were. I would imagine that the waaaay better trained 3 riders mentioned that have better technique developed over decades of trial and error would still beat them back in the day as well. That is something that nobody will ever know but you really think JS7 couldn't hold on to some 1980s Honda 250 when he could seat bounce larocco's leap first lap on a 125? You think they would beat RC as well? I reaaaallly doubt it but that is something that well never know. Just watching those guys its pretty clear though, but again Im not taking anything away from them they dominated in the era they were in with the form that was used and the training methods that were required to win at the time. The sport just progressed and riders got better, thats true of any sport. I don't see how the argument makes sense the other way tbh, IMO those 3 would beat the absolute brakes off of all of those riders but thats my opinion. They were just better because they rode in a better era...so they're better, and Id say on any equipment as well.
No question they are going faster . But I think you underestimate the training that went on at least in the 80s.
Hut
12/10/2017 7:34pm
I'm with RC on this one! ??
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
12/10/2017 7:50pm
kzizok wrote:
Era wasnt a qualifer. RC said "any dream team". Keep in mind this is for MXON. O'Mara's MXON performance may be the greatest ever, in US...

drt410 wrote:
It can be quantified though that riders are faster today (with lap times), train more, and ride with better form and technique. Nobody is taking anything...
Every few years there is a new crop of riders that advance the sport. They grow up watching and emulating the best.
They fine tune technique and develop new techniques. However because we have gone through several evolutions of the sport I find it hard to believe anybody would say (picking a random rider with some current success) Davi Milsaps is better than mcgrath. Even so MC was from a past era.
TM
Fourth_Floor
12/10/2017 8:45pm
drt410 wrote:
Smoke the older riders.
newmann wrote:
LMAO. Take a current rider back to 1981 and plop their ass on the line at the MXdN on a 500cc 2 stroke and watch the...
LMAO. Take a current rider back to 1981 and plop their ass on the line at the MXdN on a 500cc 2 stroke and watch the hilarity ensue.
I'm pretty sure they'd do just fine.
12/10/2017 8:52pm
Whymee wrote:
Being serious here:

What makes people post this kind of crap? Think of the wasted time. Damn.
kongols
12/10/2017 10:27pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2017 10:28pm

Post a reply to: RC picks his MXON dream team

The Latest