RC narrating Reeds accomplishments...thoughts?

4/8/2018 2:11pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2018 2:11pm
Villo2fan wrote:
It lost the sincerity feel when he said he was the toughest rider he’s raced against. He’s already said James was hands down the fastest/best he’s...
It lost the sincerity feel when he said he was the toughest rider he’s raced against. He’s already said James was hands down the fastest/best he’s had to compete against.. now all of a sudden it’s Reed? Just a poorly worded fluff piece
This ^^^
FRANK121
4/9/2018 10:46am
I would rather hear a story about the GOAT than the two time champ any day!
gt80rider
4/9/2018 10:49am Edited Date/Time 4/9/2018 10:49am
Villo2fan wrote:
That was lame. RC basically backhanded reed that entire segment. “Chad was great.. when I wasn’t there”
Sad, but true.

The Shop

4/9/2018 11:17am
RC could do no wrong in the fans eyes in 2005-2008 but now were back to 2002 RC, im getting confused
make1go
4/9/2018 11:28am
FRANK121 wrote:
I would rather hear a story about the GOAT than the two time champ any day!
As usual chumps bagging reed. Sad and lame, must be a heavy burden.
mark_swart
4/9/2018 12:27pm
Yeah, I definitely picked up on the "but I still kicked his ass" message.

I guess my question is this -- RC said a lot of times that Chad was his most fierce competitor, or something along those lines. What will RC say when Stewart finally makes retirement official? Which one was really his most fierce competitor? I feel like there were more days where RC and Stewart were actually battling, or where Stew had RC covered, than Reed ever did.

It will be interesting to see how they frame it.
Johnny Ringo
4/9/2018 12:52pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Ricky is such a tool. Way to be humble. They probably had to edit it several times. Here's the original: "I seen Reed race a lot...
Ricky is such a tool. Way to be humble. They probably had to edit it several times. Here's the original: "I seen Reed race a lot and I ain't got nothing but respect fo him. He ain't got as much wins as me, but dag gummit, I ain't got no title when I was hurt. He seen me hurt and he gone won them title cus I ain't seen no races cus I gone and busted muh knee."
You just can’t get over 2001 can you? MC got worked buddy, it’s over. Shhhh, it’s fine.
4/9/2018 1:30pm
mark_swart wrote:
Yeah, I definitely picked up on the "but I still kicked his ass" message. I guess my question is this -- RC said a lot of...

I guess my question is this -- RC said a lot of times that Chad was his most fierce competitor, or something along those lines. What will RC say when Stewart finally makes retirement official? Which one was really his most fierce competitor? I feel like there were more days where RC and Stewart were actually battling, or where Stew had RC covered, than Reed ever did.

No, Reed was definitely RC's toughest competition, not to many people seem to remember how close the points chase was in some of RC's title years. A little difference in the results at 2 races would have seen Reed become a 4 time champ and RC a 2 time champ, RC doesn't forget it though. That's why he talk about Reed as his toughest competitor...That, and the fact he had to race Reed, when stew was on they would just let him go and wait for him to take himself out half the time.
SPODEBOY
4/9/2018 3:24pm
The definition of as asterisk is "I watched from the sidelines as Reed won the title".

LOLOLOL
mooch
Fantasy
431st
4/9/2018 4:18pm
Smells like pussy in here
LoL...and not the sweet smelling kind either !

Crush
4/9/2018 6:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2018 7:02pm
mark_swart wrote:
Yeah, I definitely picked up on the "but I still kicked his ass" message. I guess my question is this -- RC said a lot of...

No, Reed was definitely RC's toughest competition, not to many people seem to remember how close the points chase was in some of RC's title years...
No, Reed was definitely RC's toughest competition, not to many people seem to remember how close the points chase was in some of RC's title years. A little difference in the results at 2 races would have seen Reed become a 4 time champ and RC a 2 time champ, RC doesn't forget it though. That's why he talk about Reed as his toughest competitor...That, and the fact he had to race Reed, when stew was on they would just let him go and wait for him to take himself out half the time.
Ya they've got a healthy rivalry, they give each other shit etc so I don't think the tone was out of line. As far as toughest... easy to see both sides. James only pushed RC to one title in 06 SX despite pushing him in numerous races, but he crashed out of the championships really, RC prolly knew that was coming... but if you look at the 3 of them after four strokes, James definitely pushed RC at pretty much any race, those were legendary. Chad and RC's races like that started at 02 (or 03, was it end or start of year?) US Open and went through 03 and 05 SX... 06 Chad was in it obviously but he needed the start in Vegas. Rare passes happen there.
milliebays
4/9/2018 7:34pm
RC is a narcissist because his mother probably never gave him any validation or affirmation so he'd keep hustling. the dark side of grinding yourself into the GOAT.
Ted722
4/9/2018 8:25pm
Laid back Ricky's one cool mofo! Carmichael can sometimes come off as arrogant, narcissistic...whatever. A recipe for a lot of champions. We have a bunch more exposure to our favorite riders of yesteryear, but that shouldn't consume more than 1% of their legendary status. That 99% remaining (on the track) will forever leave an imprint on the sport.
mmain62
4/10/2018 4:37am
I felt like RC mentioning his accomplishments was little much, but it is from his perspective so I get it. RC makes me feel like he is having regrets about leaving so soon and has to constantly remind himself and everyone about how awesome he was.
Moto520
4/10/2018 6:46am
I thought it was well done. Ricky was well spoken and it felt like it came from the heart.
4/10/2018 7:05am
Villo2fan wrote:
That was lame. RC basically backhanded reed that entire segment. “Chad was great.. when I wasn’t there”
This ^^^ lol
*I sat out 2004, Chad won
*When I retired in 2007, Chad won 2008

TDeath21
4/10/2018 3:59pm
Sonny wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/04/09/254643/s1200_dsc_7582.jpg[/img]

What race is this? Obviously 03. Can’t place the exact race.
TDeath21
4/10/2018 4:08pm
Villo2fan wrote:
It lost the sincerity feel when he said he was the toughest rider he’s raced against. He’s already said James was hands down the fastest/best he’s...
It lost the sincerity feel when he said he was the toughest rider he’s raced against. He’s already said James was hands down the fastest/best he’s had to compete against.. now all of a sudden it’s Reed? Just a poorly worded fluff piece
He said James is the fastest. However, only in one championship was he pushed to the limit by Stewart. 06 SX.

Reed pushed him to the limit and/or was his closest competitor in four of his championships. 03 SX, 04 MX, 05 SX, 06 SX.

He knew Reed would be there the entire time and if he had one slip up, the championship was over. With Stewart, that wasn’t the case.
McG194
4/10/2018 4:34pm
To steal T.O.'s line.........

Ricky loves him some Ricky.

He is allowed to though because he is the G.O.A.T. I remember being in the stadium the day he broke McGrath's record and got his 73rd Supercross win to clinch his 8th Supercross championship.

Crush
4/10/2018 8:04pm
Sonny wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/04/09/254643/s1200_dsc_7582.jpg[/img]

TDeath21 wrote:
What race is this? Obviously 03. Can’t place the exact race.
A3 I believe.
huck
4/11/2018 6:31am
I thought it was great...and do any of you think that RC was just making that shit up...or reading from a script that somebody (probably not him) wrote...

The vag is strong in many of you...
wfopete
4/11/2018 6:40am
If you have trouble stomaching RC's chat, don't ever tune into a Hannah interview! Woohoo
wreckitrandy
4/11/2018 1:05pm
If I were RC, I'd try real hard to just hide out and stay away from the sport. He didn't leave too many feelings unhurt in his ten years as a pro. In truth, he mistreated his 'competition' so bad, he might be the most disliked champion in the history of the sport. At this point, he can't win. If he tells the truth, he's bragging. If he designs a track, it sucks. If he's on TV, he's fat. If he opens his mouth, he's an uneducated hick. Yeah, I'd just quietly move on to the next thing and let the records continually remind everyone that, I might be a fat, bragging, hick but,,,, well, you know.
huck
4/11/2018 1:21pm
If I were RC, I'd try real hard to just hide out and stay away from the sport. He didn't leave too many feelings unhurt in...
If I were RC, I'd try real hard to just hide out and stay away from the sport. He didn't leave too many feelings unhurt in his ten years as a pro. In truth, he mistreated his 'competition' so bad, he might be the most disliked champion in the history of the sport. At this point, he can't win. If he tells the truth, he's bragging. If he designs a track, it sucks. If he's on TV, he's fat. If he opens his mouth, he's an uneducated hick. Yeah, I'd just quietly move on to the next thing and let the records continually remind everyone that, I might be a fat, bragging, hick but,,,, well, you know.
Hey, i resemble that last comment... Wink

Post a reply to: RC narrating Reeds accomplishments...thoughts?

The Latest