RC narrating Reeds accomplishments...thoughts?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/7/2018 10:00 PM

Am I the only one that found it odd that RC was mentioning when he won during Reeds segment? Maybe just me, but thought it was perhaps not the best way to commemorate someone’s accomplishments.

|

4/7/2018 10:10 PM

I think they should have brought James Stewart in to do it.

|

4/7/2018 10:32 PM

WHO FUCKING CARES
H
O

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

C
A
R
E
S

|

4/7/2018 10:33 PM

Ricky spoke about Chad Reed from his perspective as a competitor. He isn’t just doing the voiceover so it fits. I thought it was a nice piece.

|

4/7/2018 10:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2018 10:39 PM

I couldn’t tell if the segment was about Reed or RC. He also added that he sat out the year Reed won his first 250 championship.

|

4/7/2018 10:39 PM

That was lame. RC basically backhanded reed that entire segment. “Chad was great.. when I wasn’t there”

|

4/7/2018 10:43 PM

I’m an RC fan, but he is the king of backhanded complements. He seems to carry a chip on his shoulder.

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

4/7/2018 10:45 PM

You guys will bitch about anything, I though it was super cool he was willing to do that and pay his respect to someone who caused him a lot of grief during his career. I don't think we'll ever have another era like the Ricky, James, and Chad era, those were some of the greatest races ever ran and I think it's awesome they are able to look back on and see how special that time truly was.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

4/7/2018 10:52 PM

Isn’t this the 2nd time that segment has aired this season? TV crew must be running out of filler material.

|

4/7/2018 10:58 PM

Just another example of ricky having to remind everyone about himself and his achievements.

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

4/7/2018 11:05 PM

I swear this played a couple weeks ago

|

4/7/2018 11:19 PM

I too thought he sort of backhanded Reed. There was genuine respect though, and I was proud of how well Ricky read. Barely even stumbled. Still the f$cking GOAT though.

|

4/7/2018 11:47 PM

Ricky is not very humble,

|

4/7/2018 11:55 PM

SEE ARE125 wrote:

Isn’t this the 2nd time that segment has aired this season? TV crew must be running out of filler material.

They played that segment on the night Reed broke the record for the most main event starts.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/8/2018 12:34 AM

It lost the sincerity feel when he said he was the toughest rider he’s raced against. He’s already said James was hands down the fastest/best he’s had to compete against.. now all of a sudden it’s Reed? Just a poorly worded fluff piece

|

4/8/2018 2:38 AM

JM485 wrote:

You guys will bitch about anything, I though it was super cool he was willing to do that and pay his respect to someone who caused him a lot of grief during his career. I don't think we'll ever have another era like the Ricky, James, and Chad era, those were some of the greatest races ever ran and I think it's awesome they are able to look back on and see how special that time truly was.

This!

And in reply to Villo2fan, No doubt Stewart was probably the fastest, but Reed never quit, never let up, and rarely made a mistake. That sounds like the toughest to me. Pure grit.

Either way, I think it's cool that RC was willing to give him some respect.

|

4/8/2018 3:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2018 3:19 AM

Ricky's attitude is embarrassing.

|

4/8/2018 3:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2018 3:53 AM

Classic RC, got to talk about his wins every single time.

|

KX125

4/8/2018 5:35 AM

Ricky is such a tool. Way to be humble. They probably had to edit it several times. Here's the original: "I seen Reed race a lot and I ain't got nothing but respect fo him. He ain't got as much wins as me, but dag gummit, I ain't got no title when I was hurt. He seen me hurt and he gone won them title cus I ain't seen no races cus I gone and busted muh knee."

|

4/8/2018 7:25 AM

Ricky isnt humble,,,, Ricky isnt a good speaker,,,,, Ricky has horrible grammar,,,,,, Ricky doesnt say what I want him to say on camera,,,,,,,,

Photo

|

"We don't rent pigs."

4/8/2018 7:33 AM

RC is like the Pres. A lot of people hate his brash disposotion but results are undeniable.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

4/8/2018 7:33 AM

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Ricky is not very humble,

You wouldn't be either if you were 5% as bad of a man as RC.

|

4/8/2018 7:35 AM

Pretty sure Ricky didn't write that segment and was just doing what his boss told him to do.

|

4/8/2018 7:46 AM

I seen nothing wrong with the Reed segment, he went through Chad's US pro racing timeline stating the facts. To have the most dominating rider this sport has ever seen, a guy that lapped an entire field of professional, factory riders, say that you were their fiercest competition is a pretty big compliment.

|

4/8/2018 7:48 AM

slipdog wrote:

Pretty sure Ricky didn't write that segment and was just doing what his boss told him to do.

Didn’t think of it from that perspective. If that is the case then my perspective is certainly in the wrong. If that was his own words, then imho I think talking about your own achivements during that segment lessens the message on what would have otherwise been a cool segment.

|

4/8/2018 7:52 AM

It was Reed's career from his perspective, otherwise they could have just had someone like Ralph do it.

|

4/8/2018 8:02 AM

What's so great about humble? As long as the person doesn't think all others are lame there is nothing gained by thinking one is lame. It's an old idea that hangs on. Was Bob Hannah humble? No. But he wasn't arrogant.

|

4/8/2018 11:51 AM

It came across kind of odd. It did seem like Ricky was talking a lot about himself during the segment. He used I and me too much and it should have been “we” battled etc and Reeds accomplishments. Not terrible like some are saying, but it did seem odd to me.

|

Go Hawks!

4/8/2018 12:00 PM

Everybody crying about what RC said should be glad he didn't say what he could have.

|

4/8/2018 12:20 PM

wreckitrandy wrote:

Everybody crying about what RC said should be glad he didn't say what he could have.

What are you suggesting that ‘he could have said?’, and still would have made it past the production crew as acceptable? Aside from that, I highly doubt that there is any malicious intent behind his message, just questionable(by some) delivery

|