RC likes to dish it out...

HackMan162
3/18/2019 10:32am
I actually think Ricky has improved greatly this year, up until this week. I think he has been listening to his Sylvan tutor.Maybe he had too much cheer at Reeds b-day party? He has actually corrected some of his grammatical mistakes on the air this year. But....Sat night was a disaster.

Wait until today's mini riders get to the booth. None of these kids have ever been to school period!
3/18/2019 10:45am
Mr. Knobby wrote:
Anybody know what the heck Cooper Webb was talking about when he described his landing on the tough block incident as pulling an "RC" - he...
Anybody know what the heck Cooper Webb was talking about when he described his landing on the tough block incident as pulling an "RC" - he said it twice in his interview and was clearing taking a stab at Ricky. Does he feel that RC has been too harsh in his commentary?
Buzzard167 wrote:
RC landed on tuff blocks and jumped back on the track at some race. There's video of it somewhere.
RC landed on tuff blocks and jumped back on the track at some race. There's video of it somewhere.
Toronto '05, if I recall correctly.
peelout
3/18/2019 10:49am
RC ain't gonna let some dork like Ralph be more preparated than him, bro
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3671st
3/18/2019 10:49am
Mean Dean wrote:
I like RC, but he has thin skin. During the Indy SX broadcast Ricky and Ralph were discussing Reed's b-day dinner they attended. Ricky uses this...
I like RC, but he has thin skin.

During the Indy SX broadcast Ricky and Ralph were discussing Reed's b-day dinner they attended. Ricky uses this opportunity to take a shot at Ralph, saying something like "Ralph ate all Reed's birthday cake." Ralph, without missing a beat snaps back with something like "I'm not the one who has problems buttoning up my clothes." It was hilarious! You could tell Ricky was pissed and he wouldnt let it go. Later during the broadcast Ricky chimed in with "I'll get you back..." and went out of his way to try and shoehorn in a jab and cut down Ralph. "You ok Ralph." Etc. Wasn't the most professional broadcast.

I don't really care who's in the booth, I watch for the racing, just surprised nobody else mentioned this.
He is a redhead, after all.

The Shop

milliebays
3/18/2019 10:58am
another one was Rc defending himself on raceday live to nobody in particular when Reedy mentioned all the guys that retired younger than he - by talking about alllll things he "wanted to do" after he quit and how busy he was.
BobKerr
3/18/2019 11:09am
I think Blair and Ralph would be a good combination in the booth.
Patrick461
3/18/2019 11:38am
You need to also take into account where Ricky is from, the pan handle of Florida. Ricky in comparison to a lot of people from that area is like a Harvard grad. I should know I’m from Florida south Florida where there is a very neutral accent, but you’d be surprised to hear how red necky people speak that live near the Florida Georgia Alabama boarders sound. It’s hard to communicate at some point. I actually really like Ralf Shaheen his voice and his enthusiasm are top notch I’d rather have the average fan in the booth with him instead of RC his ego is just too much to handle that coupled with his 5th grade speaking ability and education not to mention he’s probably getting big bucks to announce. I’ve never shut my volume off untill RC came along
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
3/18/2019 11:47am
Can’t stand them, I’m ready for outdoors.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
3/18/2019 11:49am
peelout wrote:
RC ain't gonna let some dork like Ralph be more preparated than him, bro
Ralph put his ass on a hot pan son.
mac3-d
3/18/2019 12:01pm
slipdog wrote:
You guys need to take it for what it's worth. Instead of worrying how unpolished they are, recognize they are a couple of racing buddied talking...
You guys need to take it for what it's worth. Instead of worrying how unpolished they are, recognize they are a couple of racing buddied talking supercross. It flows into the broadcast but most of us say much worse shit to our buddies every day. RC plays to win...
It's painful to listen to him stumble and bumble through the whole telecast. Yeah it's exactly like having one of your buddies tell some irrelevant story...
It's painful to listen to him stumble and bumble through the whole telecast. Yeah it's exactly like having one of your buddies tell some irrelevant story while there is action going on. These guys refuse to call the race like professionals preferring to ramble on aimlessly and incoherently.
RC sounds like Ralph's parrot most of the time, just repeating what Ralph has just said, & even repeating himself, & or just saying it the other way around.
There was a very long silence from RC during the main, were Ralph give RC plenty of opportunity but had to fill up the broadcast himself. Painful to listen to.
rikhek
3/18/2019 12:58pm
Too funny. The title actually says it all, "RC like to dish it out..." to the point where his plate can't hold anymore and shit's falling all over the buffet serving line and making a mess.
foreman52
Fantasy
3155th
3/18/2019 1:01pm
Did you guys know Dean Wilson was selling t-shirts and hoodies at the beginning of the season to go racing?
rikhek
3/18/2019 1:06pm
HackMan162 wrote:
I actually think Ricky has improved greatly this year, up until this week. I think he has been listening to his Sylvan tutor.Maybe he had too...
I actually think Ricky has improved greatly this year, up until this week. I think he has been listening to his Sylvan tutor.Maybe he had too much cheer at Reeds b-day party? He has actually corrected some of his grammatical mistakes on the air this year. But....Sat night was a disaster.

Wait until today's mini riders get to the booth. None of these kids have ever been to school period!
VERY true. I'm impressed with the improvement in Ricky's grammar. I noticed he's been getting schooled up at the start of the season. Pretty cool that someone informed him how badly, NOT "bad", he butchers the English language and I'm assuming took action to realize improvement. I smile to myself every time he corrects his incorrect grammar mid sentence live on air. It's a good thing seeing someone putting in the work to improve.
Lastander
3/18/2019 1:28pm
Remember when Ronnie Mac (Jimmy) called RC out for straight rhythm and ausx amongst other stuff and Ricky took it to a personal level?
It was in the lines of Jimmy had greater sucess as a clown than a racer, when Jimmy himself didnt say anything (as Ronnie he let it all out) but it was all fun and games.
3/18/2019 1:30pm
Mr. Knobby wrote:
Anybody know what the heck Cooper Webb was talking about when he described his landing on the tough block incident as pulling an "RC" - he...
Anybody know what the heck Cooper Webb was talking about when he described his landing on the tough block incident as pulling an "RC" - he said it twice in his interview and was clearing taking a stab at Ricky. Does he feel that RC has been too harsh in his commentary?
Buzzard167 wrote:
Yeah, RC used to have no problem getting out of control. Out of control but going fast.
3/18/2019 1:59pm
milliebays wrote:
said it before, but RC likely has some degree of narcissistic personality disorder - which is typically developed in youth as an ego defense mechanism to...
said it before, but RC likely has some degree of narcissistic personality disorder - which is typically developed in youth as an ego defense mechanism to parental practice of simultaneously holding child to impossible standards and heaping unexpected praise.

we all know how hard his mom worked him. he was never good enough, etc. as a result, i would argue he was more likely to develop an insecure self-image (due to parental scorn, etc, described above), and thus has an easily-bruised ego.

he is toxic to listen to and almost any well-adjusted person can sense something is off with the guy. very sad.
A true narcissist as defined by DSM-5 is an utter train wreck and wouldn’t make a lap around a supercross track without blaming someone - Ricky is good people and damn you for your non-professional shitty-ass opinion.
ktmdan
3/18/2019 2:19pm
Ralph was throwin shade on eem. He said something about “I seem to remember you having to ride some lcq’s”
Ralph gangsta af
milliebays
3/18/2019 2:27pm
milliebays wrote:
said it before, but RC likely has some degree of narcissistic personality disorder - which is typically developed in youth as an ego defense mechanism to...
said it before, but RC likely has some degree of narcissistic personality disorder - which is typically developed in youth as an ego defense mechanism to parental practice of simultaneously holding child to impossible standards and heaping unexpected praise.

we all know how hard his mom worked him. he was never good enough, etc. as a result, i would argue he was more likely to develop an insecure self-image (due to parental scorn, etc, described above), and thus has an easily-bruised ego.

he is toxic to listen to and almost any well-adjusted person can sense something is off with the guy. very sad.
A true narcissist as defined by DSM-5 is an utter train wreck and wouldn’t make a lap around a supercross track without blaming someone - Ricky...
A true narcissist as defined by DSM-5 is an utter train wreck and wouldn’t make a lap around a supercross track without blaming someone - Ricky is good people and damn you for your non-professional shitty-ass opinion.
Actually its over-represented in fields that require superhuman levels of drive. Sorry you got so triggered tho.

And npd is not the same as "narcissist"
Indy mxer
3/18/2019 2:33pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2019 2:34pm
I heard Ralph say that and was lmao. RC deserved it. But I like both of them. I did like it when Fro was in there as well
visser62
3/18/2019 2:37pm
Mr. Knobby wrote:
Buzzard167 wrote:
Toronto '05, if I recall correctly.
I think it was Toronto 2004, in December just before the 2005 season started. I kind of miss those races.
3/18/2019 3:09pm
milliebays wrote:

A true narcissist as defined by DSM-5 is an utter train wreck and wouldn’t make a lap around a supercross track without blaming someone - Ricky...
milliebays wrote:
Actually its over-represented in fields that require superhuman levels of drive. Sorry you got so triggered tho.

Too much psychoanalysis goes on here and it is laughable. It’d be one thing if it was anywhere near correct but it’s not even close.

Cooksey: “Tomac has the “yips””.

You: “Ricky suffers from narssacistic personality disorder.”

Rank effing amateurs that don’t have a degree or know shit from shinola are diagnosing mental disorders of high functioning championship motocross riders.

Go to a chiropractor and have your head removed from your ass. Tongue

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/18/2019 3:11pm
slipdog wrote:
You guys need to take it for what it's worth. Instead of worrying how unpolished they are, recognize they are a couple of racing buddied talking...
You guys need to take it for what it's worth. Instead of worrying how unpolished they are, recognize they are a couple of racing buddied talking supercross. It flows into the broadcast but most of us say much worse shit to our buddies every day. RC plays to win...
You are correct on the play to win thing.
3/18/2019 3:29pm
I liked when fro and Ralph used to take jabs at each other, it was good banter.. but they had much better chemistry than RC and Ralph..
with Fro, you could tell they were actual friends having a laugh together.
3/18/2019 3:36pm
milliebays wrote:

Too much psychoanalysis goes on here and it is laughable. It’d be one thing if it was anywhere near correct but it’s not even close. Cooksey...
Too much psychoanalysis goes on here and it is laughable. It’d be one thing if it was anywhere near correct but it’s not even close.

Rank effing amateurs that don’t have a degree or know shit from shinola are diagnosing mental disorders of high functioning championship motocross riders.

So speculating about a pressure induced condition in sports is laughable? I have spoke to quite a few “experts” that think Eli does have “the Yips”. In my opinion speculating about something affecting his on track performance is fair game.

Speculating about an announcers Narcissistic Personality Disorder, don’t think I would go there but he is a public figure and it comes with the job.
3/18/2019 3:36pm
I liked when fro and Ralph used to take jabs at each other, it was good banter.. but they had much better chemistry than RC and...
I liked when fro and Ralph used to take jabs at each other, it was good banter.. but they had much better chemistry than RC and Ralph..
with Fro, you could tell they were actual friends having a laugh together.
Yea, it felt like RC was really pissed.
3/18/2019 3:44pm
Ralph is pretty quick witted too, his “I saw you lose plenty of times” just flew out of his mouth and was pure gold!
MX76er
3/18/2019 3:47pm
Mr. Knobby wrote:
motomx88 wrote:
When Ricky was racing they had haybales. He landed on a couple from big jumps and exploded them and kept going. Fun to watch
*Straw bales back then, hay bales send you over the bars and do not explode....I found that out the hard way.
milliebays
3/18/2019 4:48pm
milliebays wrote:

Too much psychoanalysis goes on here and it is laughable. It’d be one thing if it was anywhere near correct but it’s not even close. Cooksey...

So speculating about a pressure induced condition in sports is laughable? I have spoke to quite a few “experts” that think Eli does have “the Yips”...
So speculating about a pressure induced condition in sports is laughable? I have spoke to quite a few “experts” that think Eli does have “the Yips”. In my opinion speculating about something affecting his on track performance is fair game.

Speculating about an announcers Narcissistic Personality Disorder, don’t think I would go there but he is a public figure and it comes with the job.
if they didn't jam him into the color commentator spot, obligating us all to endure his voice and ineptitude if we want to watch SX with the sound on, i probably wouldn't. plus, he can't take criticism from my man Matthes, so...Whistling
milliebays
3/18/2019 4:50pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2019 4:50pm
slipdog wrote:
GuyB wrote:
You are correct on the play to win thing.

Post a reply to: RC likes to dish it out...

The Latest