RC bike graveyard?

logan_140
6/4/2018 6:42am
Beeby wrote:
He got limitless stuff for free and this is what that does to a person. You do not want (or need) to respect it.

Shame really
Eh don’t all the factory parts get destroyed today too? Or put in a dumpster to go to a compactor?
kNewc
6/4/2018 6:47am
Gus wrote:
Was RC that hard on stuff??? Were they so busy it was like, quick just dump it over there another bike is coming ?
I think after so many years you just have so much crap that you need to dump off somewhere. We have our entire loft in the barn filled with boxes of motorcycle parts from my Dad and I's bikes. You get something new so you're like "well, I'll put this in this box just in case this part doesn't work" aaaannnnddd it ends up sitting forever lol.
Gus
6/4/2018 8:18am
kNewc wrote:
I think after so many years you just have so much crap that you need to dump off somewhere. We have our entire loft in the...
I think after so many years you just have so much crap that you need to dump off somewhere. We have our entire loft in the barn filled with boxes of motorcycle parts from my Dad and I's bikes. You get something new so you're like "well, I'll put this in this box just in case this part doesn't work" aaaannnnddd it ends up sitting forever lol.
Yeh, that makes sense. It’s a different perspective I’m sure as well when it’s new stuff coming at you at warp speed.
tprice07
6/4/2018 8:22am
This bums me out so much. I like the nasecar graveyard and it makes sense that those cars can't be stored indoors. But these parts going to waste pain me.

The Shop

cappelmans
6/4/2018 8:28am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 8:30am
At what point do you decide to dozer a bike!? It does not make any sense to me. Like the guys from Honda or Suzuki would infiltrate a training facility or race shop to get info!?!? It’s not formula 1 tech we are dealing with.
MR. X
6/4/2018 8:44am
Imagine getting to a point in your life that worn out factory bikes become a nuisance around your house .
Gus
6/4/2018 8:53am
I didn’t / never have raced, but I did ride dirt bikes growing up. My first bike I bought for $50 out of tobacco packhouse. It was a Honda 125. It was a “dirt bike”. What it was, was a 74 model. It was not a dirt bike, it was a CB125 with chopped fenders, removed turn signals and some Dirt Bike tires. $6 for a tub of Naval Jelly to clean the gas tank and I was riding , “a 125”. After I wadded myself I got some sweet Moose Bars and grips and Jesus I thought I was McGrath.
I used to flip through the Dennis Kirk master catalog drooling over the gear and graphics kits. Those late 90s into early 2000 KXs were my dream bikes. Anyway, when I see junked bikes it just takes me back to scrounging for parts for my “dirt bike”.
adamwedge
6/4/2018 9:04am
MR. X wrote:
Imagine getting to a point in your life that worn out factory bikes become a nuisance around your house .
Hahaha exactly. Poor guy, I’d be happy to help folks like that make some room
6/4/2018 1:21pm
Thanks for posting those pics. Thought there were more somewhere, but damn... feels like watching a murder scene.

Wish RC could tell us a story about THAT graveyard. The Suzuki stuff from the barn last year, that's cool and all... but I need the dirt on these poor old KX's.
10/19/2022 6:58pm
those bikes/parts were trashed, thats why they are just sitting there doing nothing.

you guys are acting like these were brand new frames and they just tossed them for no reason

rc would DESTROY bikes!!
mx295
10/19/2022 7:53pm
those bikes/parts were trashed, thats why they are just sitting there doing nothing. you guys are acting like these were brand new frames and they just...
those bikes/parts were trashed, thats why they are just sitting there doing nothing.

you guys are acting like these were brand new frames and they just tossed them for no reason

rc would DESTROY bikes!!
Dug up a 4 year old post just to tell us that? Thanks Captain
10/19/2022 7:54pm
mx295 wrote:
i didnt dig it up, someone else did
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/19/2022 8:12pm
mx295 wrote:
i didnt dig it up, someone else did
Unless that person deleted their own post, you did.
RaceFace58
10/21/2022 9:17am
avidchimp wrote:
They used to run them over with a dozer then bury them. There are a couple of bike pits on the farm for sure.
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm shedding tears right now. Excuse me , as I have to go listen to the song " Taps " and dump a little whisky on...
I'm shedding tears right now. Excuse me , as I have to go listen to the song " Taps " and dump a little whisky on the ground right about now.
mikec265 wrote:
Don't feel so bad sir. I don't think anything Ricky practiced on/with was any good after he was done with it.
Lol yeah it was trash. I remember at the time they said the frame is garbage after such and such time. Practice bike. The race bike I think they said was swapped out every 4 races for a frame. I still never got why they just threw them in a big pile outside and even weirder is that the stuff is still there today. Even after selling the property. (See the Yamaha intro story on RacerX). Now it’s almost like it’s hallowed ground and has been left by Star in honor of the GOAT. I wish they’d restore that rusted up water truck though. That’s worth it with the big #4 on it.
FWYT
10/21/2022 10:36am
What was he supposed to do, sell them on Craigslist?
"Vet owned. Don't try to lowball me, I know what I've got."
MaxPower
10/21/2022 10:41am
I would think a person with the self discipline of a Goat would have his stuff kept organized and protected
mxracer828
10/21/2022 10:51am
Kawasaki….sorry we don’t have any two stroke parts to build you a bike for straight rhythm. Jason Anderson saying” I might know of a place to get some old works parts”……we might need a shovel
Richy
10/21/2022 10:54am
I'm sure it's just a box, and there's nothing more to it, but I've got to ask... The subframes (not KTM subframes, I don't think?) in the KTM box in a couple of the pics, it is just a box, right? Not some undercover KTM connection / testing / comparison?
Johnny Ringo
10/21/2022 11:17am Edited Date/Time 10/21/2022 11:18am
MaxPower wrote:
I would think a person with the self discipline of a Goat would have his stuff kept organized and protected
You guys are hilarious hahah I’m sure after doing 4 40 minute motos in 100 degree heat, a 50 mile bike ride, and a gym session RC was really going “fuck I need to organize these frames that Kawi told me to destroy”
RaceFace58
10/22/2022 12:05am
MaxPower wrote:
You guys are hilarious hahah I’m sure after doing 4 40 minute motos in 100 degree heat, a 50 mile bike ride, and a gym session...
You guys are hilarious hahah I’m sure after doing 4 40 minute motos in 100 degree heat, a 50 mile bike ride, and a gym session RC was really going “fuck I need to organize these frames that Kawi told me to destroy”
First these were practice bikes and second there’s no such thing as a works frame. Even on the race bikes the only special thing on the frame may be some added gussets following the production rule guidelines. It always struck me as odd that RC had this old junk pile guy attitude in him. I doubt every top Pro has a junk pile of old bikes on his property. What other options were there? Gee maybe have someone take it to the dump? You think Star is now dumping old YZ frames on top of the KX frames?
Bearuno
10/22/2022 1:20am Edited Date/Time 10/22/2022 1:21am
I recall MXA and other mags writing about Mark Barnett going through practice bike after practice bike, with Suzuki continuously sending him bikes near on bi-weekly, and them just being left at a farm / whatever he used for training.

I think I saw a picture / pictures of a jumble of bikes / frames in among the brambles.

Apparently he just rode bikes into the ground, constantly.

It was said to be an absolute graveyard of RMs ( production bikes and, perhaps even RAs and RHs ) , as he rode them to destruction.
Johnny Ringo
10/22/2022 5:49am
MaxPower wrote:
You guys are hilarious hahah I’m sure after doing 4 40 minute motos in 100 degree heat, a 50 mile bike ride, and a gym session...
RaceFace58 wrote:
First these were practice bikes and second there’s no such thing as a works frame. Even on the race bikes the only special thing on the...
First these were practice bikes and second there’s no such thing as a works frame. Even on the race bikes the only special thing on the frame may be some added gussets following the production rule guidelines. It always struck me as odd that RC had this old junk pile guy attitude in him. I doubt every top Pro has a junk pile of old bikes on his property. What other options were there? Gee maybe have someone take it to the dump? You think Star is now dumping old YZ frames on top of the KX frames?
Why was Kawi not showing up to take them back? Why is it the contracted riders job to dispose of Kawasaki’s spent product?

Notice there are no Hondas laying around. Because Honda came and got them, as they should.
10/22/2022 5:58am
jemcee wrote:
These ones? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/04/265780/s1200_GOAT_farm1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/04/265781/s1200_GOAT_farm2.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/04/265782/s1200_GOAT_farm3.jpg[/img]
These ones?

These pictures were taken when various Chevy Trucks bikes were stolen and later found in the forest off a main road. These are not from the goat farm.
RaceFace58
10/22/2022 6:26am
RaceFace58 wrote:
First these were practice bikes and second there’s no such thing as a works frame. Even on the race bikes the only special thing on the...
Why was Kawi not showing up to take them back? Why is it the contracted riders job to dispose of Kawasaki’s spent product? Notice there are...
Why was Kawi not showing up to take them back? Why is it the contracted riders job to dispose of Kawasaki’s spent product?

Notice there are no Hondas laying around. Because Honda came and got them, as they should.
I was going to say that you see no Honda’s or Suzuki’s lying around outside. I know Doug Henry sold practice bikes to friends and probably others. I’ve seen where people bought Pro Circuit race bikes, minus the special parts. No matter what the circumstances I wouldn’t want junk bikes lying around my property for 20+ Years. Especially being a multimillionaire who pays people lots of money to do all kinds of things he doesn’t feel like doing. I love RC just always struck me as a bizarre situation.
Johnny Ringo
10/22/2022 6:39am
RaceFace58 wrote:
Why was Kawi not showing up to take them back? Why is it the contracted riders job to dispose of Kawasaki’s spent product? Notice there are...

RaceFace58 wrote:
I was going to say that you see no Honda’s or Suzuki’s lying around outside. I know Doug Henry sold practice bikes to friends and probably...
I was going to say that you see no Honda’s or Suzuki’s lying around outside. I know Doug Henry sold practice bikes to friends and probably others. I’ve seen where people bought Pro Circuit race bikes, minus the special parts. No matter what the circumstances I wouldn’t want junk bikes lying around my property for 20+ Years. Especially being a multimillionaire who pays people lots of money to do all kinds of things he doesn’t feel like doing. I love RC just always struck me as a bizarre situation.
I don’t know anyone that will willingly spend their own money for the benefit of their employer. He ain’t paying to take them to the dump. That is Kawis shit. Come and get it.
Johnny Ringo
10/22/2022 6:44am
jemcee wrote:
These ones? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/04/265780/s1200_GOAT_farm1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/04/265781/s1200_GOAT_farm2.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/04/265782/s1200_GOAT_farm3.jpg[/img]
These ones?

These pictures were taken when various Chevy Trucks bikes were stolen and later found in the forest off a main road. These are not from the...
These pictures were taken when various Chevy Trucks bikes were stolen and later found in the forest off a main road. These are not from the goat farm.
context, nice
RaceFace58
10/22/2022 7:04am

RaceFace58 wrote:
I was going to say that you see no Honda’s or Suzuki’s lying around outside. I know Doug Henry sold practice bikes to friends and probably...
I don’t know anyone that will willingly spend their own money for the benefit of their employer. He ain’t paying to take them to the dump...
I don’t know anyone that will willingly spend their own money for the benefit of their employer. He ain’t paying to take them to the dump. That is Kawis shit. Come and get it.
How does it benefit Kawasaki to not have a junk pile on YOUR land for 20 years? He paid for all kinds of things that DID benefit the brand he did for. Paying Aldon Bsker, flying private jets. Hardly the same $$ that 800-GOT-JUNK charges.

Post a reply to: RC bike graveyard?

The Latest